Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2067095 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (1317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afonjaheadhunts: 2:17am On Apr 18, 2021
IDENNAA:

However, there are no structure in group to cover all taxable adults , businesses and residents. Anybody that has the finance to erect a mansion be it in the village should pay taxes , at least 100,000 annually.

Even in Lagos that we all like to use as a yardstick tenement rate is not up to 100k come and take 100k from my pocket nah, thief, you people will just sit down in your one room apartment with your rechargeable power bank and be typing rubbish.

He even said mansion in the village should pay 100k ole you think that is how Lagos got to the stage where they are? Lagos made many Igbo's and we spend atleast 300 days in Lagos annually yet we have not been tortured nor impoverished with your kind of submissions.

You can also ask the governor to tax traders, farmers and manufacturers $1m like Ghana does to our brothers in Ghana because Anambra needs to raise IGR, if I were you I will be more concerned about the 28bn IGR ending up in a corrupt politicians pocket else we be like all the other states with high IGR yet no visible development.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AsomughaChuks05: 3:52am On Apr 18, 2021
imaxdocuments:
I think they are just putting fittings, lifts and other finishing touches by now. Main work has been completed. Fittings and fixtures is not like laying block work which is faster

These are pictures between 2018/2019. They should be completing the entire edifice with landscaping by now because it is a massive structure on a very large land space

It is taking too long. Other federal secretariats in Gombe, Gusau and Oshogbo started the same time have all been completed and put into use but Awka's own is being delayed unnecessarily.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 5:18am On Apr 18, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Awka, Anambra state.

Nice buildings but bad or non existing roads everywhere. More tarred roads in independence layout enugu than in entire awka.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 5:46am On Apr 18, 2021
IDENNAA:

However, there are no structure in group to cover all taxable adults , businesses and residents. Anybody that has the finance to erect a mansion be it in the village should pay taxes , at least 100,000 annually.
Can u imagine what dis idiot is saying.. This is how to kno people who are useless and unproductive.. So if you build a house with ur sweat you will pay 100k yearly because you built a house..

E no go better for you.... Imagine the kind of people who are political praise singers.. You re worst than the daftest politician....

Idiot

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Obdk: 5:48am On Apr 18, 2021
mktinsight:

Nice buildings but bad or non existing roads everywhere. More tarred roads in independence layout enugu than in entire awka.

Ok we have heard you... We are waiting for to say something nice about anambra.. Until then Chino please bite dis idiot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 6:24am On Apr 18, 2021
Your opinion though
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 6:27am On Apr 18, 2021
No body is dragging ur Enugu with you. This forum is for good good development in Anambra and contribution maka odima Anambra not for ndi jealousy.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 7:32am On Apr 18, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Awka, Anambra state.

Beautiful is the word

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 7:34am On Apr 18, 2021
Runway end of Anambra international airport. Anambra international airport is the international gateway to the eastern Nigeria. Let the cursed envious bitter frustrated mktinsight come and cry one bucket of water for us cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 7:43am On Apr 18, 2021
Very good development. You are very correct, Awka Millennium city is the best precinct not just in the east but Nigeria. It is only Abuja that was built from ground zero the same way AMC is being developed with excellent infrastructures, covered drainages, modern utilities, and lots more

ANSMEDIA:
Awka Millennium city update. More internal roads are ongoing and filling of plots to get it to level. Awka Millennium city is the only city in Nigeria with 100% covered drains. AMC is equally coming with smart security networks including CCTV, WIFI, etc. AMC is the best precinct coming to the east for the creme de la creme

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 8:41am On Apr 18, 2021
IDENNAA:

Look at this leprous leech! You don't want to campaign for Ngige , anymore! People like should be in chains .
Go and ask your slave master Peter Obi to account for Anambra IGR he stole and was using to pay clowns like you from other states to promte him without any achievement. Ewu..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 8:50am On Apr 18, 2021
Chikeluba25:
More
Whats the name of this place
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by globemoney01: 8:54am On Apr 18, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Even in Lagos that we all like to use as a yardstick tenement rate is not up to 100k come and take 100k from my pocket nah, thief, you people will just sit down in your one room apartment with your rechargeable power bank and be typing rubbish.

He even said mansion in the village should pay 100k ole you think that is how Lagos got to the stage where they are? Lagos made many Igbo's and we spend atleast 300 days in Lagos annually yet we have not been tortured nor impoverished with your kind of submissions.

You can also ask the governor to tax traders, farmers and manufacturers $1m like Ghana does to our brothers in Ghana because Anambra needs to raise IGR, if I were you I will be more concerned about the 28bn IGR ending up in a corrupt politicians pocket else we be like all the other states with high IGR yet no visible development.
IDENNAA is an illiterate from Jos, Platue state. He reasons like his fellow hausas, Dont waste you time with him.. He was one of the folks in Peter Obis social media team constituting nuisance.. He knows nothing..
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mathoj: 8:59am On Apr 18, 2021
globemoney01:

Whats the name of this place

Bon hotel Awka

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ituku4040: 9:51am On Apr 18, 2021
Mathoj:

Bon hotel Awka
Alpha Anambra to the world
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:48am On Apr 18, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

He made a valid point!

Everyone has to pay their fare share...including owners of mansions in the villa’! If 100K per year sounds too much to you (which is less than 10K per month for a grandiose structure), then suggest your own amount!

I reckon the minimum for a mansion (whether in the villa’ or city) shouldn’t be less than 5K per month. That sounds like a reasonable amount.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:56am On Apr 18, 2021
Anyone knows the current tenement rate and council tax charges (if that’s what they’re called) currently payable by tenants and home owners in Anambra; and what was collected in the previous year?

I bet no one knows or can refer us to a gov’t website where this information is available!

This is what i mean when i say our gov’ts in the south-east need to get more serious with accountability and opening their books for public scrutiny! Anambra returning a IGR of just 28 billion for the previous year is just not acceptable (covid or no covid), i’m sorry! No one is advocating for overtaxing...just do your job and collect and account for the appropriate level of taxation!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by AmericanQuarter: 11:16am On Apr 18, 2021
Students of Queen of Rosary College Onitsha Emerge Winners Of University of Delaware's Global Prize Award

Seven students from Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha have defeated over five thousand other teams from around the world to win the Global Prize Award at the just concluded Diamond Challenge Global Summit.

The students led by their mentors pitched their project, an app they called "Queens Foris Labs" which is a virtual learning space that allows students to conduct science experiments and understand science concepts better.

The seven students: Chisom Iwuno, Amara Okechukwu, Chidimma Okoye, Mmesoma Nnaji, Sandra Mgbafulu Stephanie Anozie, and Chinyere Iheator were led by their mentors, John Onuigbo and Kyrian Obikwelu.

The team won a $1500 cash prize including other prizes, further mentorship for the students among other opportunities.

Dyslexia Genius, a China-USA team came second.

The announcement was made yesterday at the Diamond challenge awards' ceremony which culminated the weeklong Diamond Challenge Global Summit from 11th to 16th of April 2021 and had various national teams battling it out on the global stage while also receiving entrepreneurship trainings from renowned entrepreneurs.

The Summit which was supposed to have been hosted by the University of Delaware held virtually because of the Covid-19 travel restrictions.

The Challenge was established in 2012 by the University of Delaware to identify entrepreneurially talented high school students and teams with project ideas globally on issues that affect their generation.

The Global Prize awards powered by Horn Entrepreneurship recognizes the top global teams that demonstrate entrepreneurship excellence and embody the true spirit of the Diamond Challenge.

Queen of the Rosary College, Onitsha had on March 11, 2021 at Senator Albert Bassey Hall, Uyo came first place, beating 9 other teams from various states in Nigeria at the National competition qualified to represent Nigeria in the Global semifinals.

It is important to note that this same team were the National champions of the Beyond School Community Challenge 2020 sponsored by the US Embassy and organized by the Mandela Washington Fellowship Alumni Association Nigeria, MWFAAN

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 11:27am On Apr 18, 2021
But why will mansion in the villa pay 100k annually.
There are many ways to increase states IGR without taxing citizens unnecessary. But if they wants to set up villa tax 10k annually if ok. Because if we have upto 4million Houses in the villa that's about 40billion.

There are many ways to increase states IGR, unlike the international airport, conference center, stadium, second niger bridge, Onitsha port, nkwere industrial park.
Government should also create commerce friendly environment. Industrial clusters, utilizing our gas for industrial power plant.etc

PROUDIGBO:

He made a valid point!

Everyone has to pay their fare share...including owners of mansions in the villa’! If 100K per year sounds too much to you (which is less than 10K per month for a grandiose structure), then suggest your own amount!

I reckon the minimum for a mansion (whether in the villa’ or city) shouldn’t be less than 5K per month. That sounds like a reasonable amount.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afonjaheadhunts: 2:23pm On Apr 18, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

He made a valid point!

What point exactly that Anambrarians should be over taxed aboved well planned and layed out city with better infrastructure and infrastructural drive, while taxation is a good thing over taxation is not it is a economic liability for growth and development.

Ghana have been stealing Nigeria's prospective investment not because Buhari is a bad president (we know he is) but because of Ghana's friendly economic taxation policies, and democratic antecedents do you think Anambra state would be seen in that light if the were to impose over taxation on its people and investors.

There is a difference on taxing taxable businesses and and investors and taxing aggressively solely for the aim of raising IGR that might not even reflect on the state if the crop of politicians are corrupt and with no genuine drive for development in the state.

Moreover, what is the government taxing village mansions for, is it for Access roads built, pipe borne water, electricity, hospital, gas, what exactly, or we are just taxed for being successful Anambrarians? Is that the point he made? By the way are we shouting IGR for real development or just for bragging rights on NL

Mind you most Anambrarians give 1million times more to the state, community and villages in Anambra would you rather I Give Anambra 100k Annually and forfeit everything concerning my goodwill for the state, please let's don't kill our Anambra and Igbo spirit which have been the driving factor for development in the East what works in other states or region might not work in Igboland.

Do you think Anambra attained best communal road status, Education, entrepreneurship etc by the sheer ingenuity of our governors or rather by the goodwill of Ndi Anambra just recently Chiko commissioned a 11km road in his Adazi Home town also another Anambra son the owner of New Age Empowered 50 youths with 1m in his home town would you rather they paid 100k Annually for their businesses and Mansion respectively and stick to Lagos or Abuja with more friendly economic and taxation policies.

Please I understand we all want development for out dear state but our Approach should be Igbo not copied like I said what works for A will not necessarily work for B mind you the tenement rate for the the grandiose mansion (as you would like to call it) in Amuwo Odofin with good Access roads, street lights, and close to 2 standard international markets trade fair and Alaba is barely 70k per annum and this was after it was increased by Ambode which saw a massive out cry from yorubas and all groups infact that was one of the reasons yorubas abandoned Ambode to his faith in the last election.

So brother let us find our own template that works for us and own it like the Igbo Apprenticeship system that have raised so many Igbo businesses and businessmen if we choose to do otherwise cause others are doing so we might end up sinking our state before it even rises.

Let me even tell you one truth Anambra should first block all the leakage like someone earlier suggested because using touts to collect revenue is criminal when we can digitise taxation, Lagos did not increase revenue by increasing tax they did so by blocking leakage, taxing every taxable business and digitising payment to avoid loss of revenue.

I opened a business in the east at the peak of Aku Luo Uno and Always wept for my state when tout came to my business premises to collect tax, when we you pay and ask for receipt they just write you a note on paper and sign and tell you to show any other official that comes I can't even document payment in Anambra I simply left the business to be running on auto pilot. Anambra and it's tout taxation is the first problem to be tackled if we must raise IGR lest we lose bulk revenue to touts, mind you many would be happen with the tout taxation system because they see it as a way to short pay the government.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by EasternActivist: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

What point exactly that Anambrarians should be over taxed aboved well planned and layed out city with better infrastructure and infrastructural drive, while taxation is a good thing over taxation is not it is a economic liability for growth and development.

Ghana have been stealing Nigeria's prospective investment not because Buhari is a bad president (we know he is) but because of Ghana's friendly economic taxation policies, and democratic antecedents do you think Anambra state would be seen in that light if the were to impose over taxation on its people and investors.

There is a difference on taxing taxable businesses and and investors and taxing aggressively solely for the aim of raising IGR that might not even reflect on the state if the crop of politicians are corrupt and with no genuine drive for development in the state.

Moreover, what is the government taxing village mansions for, is it for Access roads built, pipe borne water, electricity, hospital, gas, what exactly, or we are just taxed for being successful Anambrarians? Is that the point he made? By the way are we shouting IGR for real development or just for bragging rights on NL

Mind you most Anambrarians give 1million times more to the state, community and villages in Anambra would you rather I Give Anambra 100k Annually and forfeit everything concerning my goodwill for the state, please let's don't kill our Anambra and Igbo spirit which have been the driving factor for development in the East what works in other states or region might not work in Igboland.

Do you think Anambra attained best communal road status, Education, entrepreneurship etc by the sheer ingenuity of our governors or rather by the goodwill of Ndi Anambra just recently Chiko commissioned a 11km road in his Adazi Home town also another Anambra son the owner of New Age Empowered 50 youths with 1m in his home town would you rather they paid 100k Annually for their businesses and Mansion respectively and stick to Lagos or Abuja with more friendly economic and taxation policies.

Please I understand we all want development for out dear state but our Approach should be Igbo not copied like I said what works for A will not necessarily work for B mind you the tenement rate for the the grandiose mansion (as you would like to call it) in Amuwo Odofin with good Access roads, street lights, and close to 2 standard international markets trade fair and Alaba is barely 70k per annum and this was after it was increased by Ambode which saw a massive out cry from yorubas and all groups infact that was one of the reasons yorubas abandoned Ambode to his faith in the last election.

So brother let us find our own template that works for us and own it like the Igbo Apprenticeship system that have raised so many Igbo businesses and businessmen if we choose to do otherwise cause others are doing so we might end up sinking our state before it even rises.

Let me even tell you one truth Anambra should first block all the leakage like someone earlier suggested because using touts to collect revenue is criminal when we can digitise taxation, Lagos did not increase revenue by increasing tax they did so by blocking leakage, taxing every taxable business and digitising payment to avoid loss of revenue.

I opened a business in the east at the peak of Aku Luo Uno and Always wept for my state when tout came to my business premises to collect tax, when we you pay and ask for receipt they just write you a note on paper and sign and tell you to show any other official that comes I can't even document payment in Anambra I simply left the business to be running on auto pilot. Anambra and it's tout taxation is the first problem to be tackled if we must raise IGR lest we lose bulk revenue to touts, mind you many would be happen with the tout taxation system because they see it as a way to short pay the government.

Remain blessed.

Over taxation is not the basis of development but the basis of a failed government.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afonjaheadhunts: 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2021
EasternActivist:

Remain blessed.

Over taxation is not the basis of development but the basis of a failed government.

God bless you my brother, I wish there was another way to explain it to our brothers.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by afube: 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

He made a valid point!

While I do not fault your noble intent! what you are trying to introduce to Anambra is relatively alien to Igbo traditional rights to property, I doubt if that will fly in fact people will rebel against it. I feel we should think out of the box when considering issues as revenue generation, why can't the state government pick a specific capital project every budget cycle, estimate the cost, and using the instrumentality of Town and village development associations, the church, and traditional rulers call for contributions on a pro-rated basis town by town, village by village, quarter by quarter, kindred by kindred, family by family and finally individual by individual...........the person with the most adjudged assets gets to make a higher contribution.

we can use this contributary concept to build up our universities into world-class institutions, we do not want to go the united states route where you never acquire full ownership of your homes and lands, late payments on your home or land tax and before you know it your home is auctioned off to speculators........

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2021
Obdk:

Ok we have heard you... We are waiting for to say something nice about anambra.. Until then Chino please bite dis idiot

You don't like to hear the truth but it must be said. Capital looks like a village. Few decent roads. No hiding place from the truth.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2021
You are the one always running away from the truth. Aside Abuja, Awka is the best and fastest developing city in Nigeria with many decent roads. Your anger is because we never allowed your demonic lies and propaganda to thrive. We must keep saying the truth here, no hiding place for you and your lies.

[s]
mktinsight:

You don't like to hear the truth but it must be said. Capital looks like a village. Few decent roads. No hiding place from the truth.
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 18, 2021
afonjaheadhunts:

Government has built little. Most of the roads in Onitsha are degraded. Awka degraded. Most of these two cities live on borehole and red soil roads after almost 16 years of APGA. Its a disgrace. Obi tried that nonsense of property tax people threw the demand notice in the gutter. Obiano has brought touts into revenue mobilisation. Everywhere touts.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by imaxdocuments: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2021
Obdk:

Hehehehehe..the truth is that mktinsight is a cursed useless worthless demonic frustrated fellow. At times I pity him because he is passing through. He is an envious frustrated vagabond, all his efforts to confuse people here with his lies and propaganda have always come to naught because we never allowed his evil propaganda to thrive.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 4:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
Your lies and propaganda can never fly in this thread. I am not even interested in APGA, but if there is any party that has developed and positioned Anambra,- it is APGA. The party has built key infrastructures like roads, bridges, flyovers, international airport, international conference centre, stadium, shopping mall, 5 star hotel, etc, lets not talk about others like prompt payment of salaries, pension, etc, which are luxury in other states. Anambra has the best road networks because of APGA. Onitsha and Awka has decent road networks and more are being built to the envy and frustration of people like you. IGR increased through blocking of loopholes from 500m to about 2.5b in just few years. Anambra is by far the most developed state in igbo land in all indices of development.

[s]
mktinsight:

Government has built little. Most of the roads in Onitsha are degraded. Awka degraded. Most of these two cities live on borehole and red soil roads after almost 16 years of APGA. Its a disgrace. Obi tried that nonsense of property tax people threw the demand notice in the gutter. Obiano has brought touts into revenue mobilisation. Everywhere touts.
[/s]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (1317) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.