Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,598 members, 7,851,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (852) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2104649 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (1322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2021
ANSMEDIA:
To the glory of God, United Nigeria Airlines made a successful first flight to the Anambra Airport...

'It is well with my home state'- Obiorah Okonkwo
They came with only 24 passengers I don't know whether it's a good start or not
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IDENNAA(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ceegar01:
M

I love landscaping and it's rewards are unquantifiable.

Regarding interlocks in Nigeria, I think it gets easily dirty. Maybe it's not suitable for our soil type. I will prefer black tarr.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2021
Ceegar01:

They came with only 24 passengers I don't know whether it's a good start or not
...... and they left with a fully loaded aircraft of 50 passengers! For an inaugural flight, it's a fantastic count!

Besides, they announced on the 17th that they would be flying on the 18th, potential passengers would have already booked their flights elsewhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
If not that we travel a lot, they would have come in empty, judging by the timing and cost. So it's a very good start.
OreMI22:
...... and they left with a fully loaded aircraft of 50 passengers! For an inaugural flight, it's a fantastic count!

Besides, they announced on the 17th that they would be flying on the 18th, potential passengers would have already booked their flights elsewhere.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Mega2biz(m): 5:58am On Dec 19, 2021
Nollywood is fast coming into Anambra with a lot of shooting starring big names.
See what Chizzy Alichi and Chief Imo did during a movie shooting in a newly opened classic hotel 'Dabara hotel' in Nnewi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DatnnGrL3NM

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by investnow2013: 8:16am On Dec 19, 2021
Kudos to Obiageli Ezekwesili on her appointment to the Board of Directors of Nexford University in Washington D.C. due to her deep experience in creating sustainable value and driving strategy in the education sector. Proud to see continued examples of growing ties between the United States and Nigeria. Congratulations!

Source: U.S Mission in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 3:01pm On Dec 19, 2021
investnow2013:
Kudos to Obiageli Ezekwesili on her appointment to the Board of Directors of Nexford University in Washington D.C. due to her deep experience in creating sustainable value and driving strategy in the education sector. Proud to see continued examples of growing ties between the United States and Nigeria. Congratulations!

Ageing gracefully!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 3:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
investnow2013:

At least she finally got a job. After Buhari betrayed her after she agreed to help them kick Jonathan out.
It was funny how she became aggrieved after her name did not make the Buhari ministerial list grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BKayy: 3:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Mega2biz:
Nollywood is fast coming into Anambra with a lot of shooting starring big names.
See what Chizzy Alichi and Chief Imo did during a movie shooting in a newly opened classic hotel 'Dabara hotel' in Nnewi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DatnnGrL3NM
See these ones. This is not worth celebrating because Nollywood lost her relevance the very day they left Igbo land, now when they are at the verge of being anhilated by Yoruba Movies in Lagos, they want to bring it home so that we will all share the disgrace together.

No, no, no, they should enjoy their defeat and disgrace in peace.

Ọ dị mma, a gbakwuru ndị iro mana ọ diba njọ e bunata ya ụnọ. Ndị ara.

They think we don't know what they are facing in Lagos. Nonsense, they didn't learn from our musicians that ran to Lagos and lost the music to them over there. If they can't fight Yoruba home movies in that Lagos that they ran to, then it will be Shameless of them to bring their defeat home.

No Apologies and accolades from this angle. Nollywood is dead.

8 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BKayy: 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2021
Seriously, Mega2biz don't bring that useless Nollywood nonsense here again.

This thread is for progress not dump site for Losers

We have no interest in sharing their disgrace. They lost to Yorubas and they should learn to shoulder their defeat like our old musicians that fell for the Lagos Fever.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:
Seriously, Mega2biz don't bring that useless Nollywood nonsense here again.

This thread is for progress not dump site for Losers

We have no interest in sharing their disgrace. They lost to Yorubas and they should learn to shoulder their defeat like our old musicians that fell for the Lagos Fever.

Igbos has been losing. All their lives are centered on how and what others does@italicized.

You can rant as usual but we will resist introduction of any form of cannibalism synonymous to Imo state and Abia state.

We don't eat human beings.

It is better they act movies than roasting and eating the people that will patronize and watch same movies.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

See these ones. This is not worth celebrating because Nollywood lost her relevance the very day they left Igbo land, now when they are at the verge of being anhilated by Yoruba Movies in Lagos, they want to bring it home so that we will all share the disgrace together.

No, no, no, they should enjoy their defeat and disgrace in peace.

Ọ dị mma, a gbakwuru ndị iro mana ọ Diba njọ e bunata ya ụnọ. Ndị ara.

They think we all don't know about what they are facing in Lagos. Nonsense, they didn't learn from our musicians when they lost music to Lagos and fell for the same stupidity. If they can't fight Yoruba home movies in that Lagos that they ran to, they have no businesses in bringing their defeat home. No Apologies and accolades from this angle. Nollywood is dead.

I need to buy you a bottle of Hero beer! One thing about the Igbo person is that he/she desperately wants to be accepted as a "Nigerian" if there is any true word as "Nigerian". However, whether they pretend or are genuinely ignorant about what Nigeria truly is about, they will all get the same treatment by Nigeria.GUARANTEED!
So it is better to understand Nigeria and act according to the realities than play ostrich all the time.

Igbos are the only ones that carry the "One-Nigeria" mantra on their head like a burden that has been killing them. Nollywood practically started in Iweka road, Onitsha and Pound Road, Aba with the early movies such as living in bondage, Nneka the pretty serpent, etc. The Yorubas quickly set up their own "Nollywood" in Lagos and the north quickly set up its own version in Kano. Shockingly, the Igbos decided that they needed to "UNITE" Nollywoods and moved theirs to Lagos and started the English movies! The Yorubas used their money and Infrastructure to set up another specific Yoruba movies version in Ibadan, while Igbos were still too ashamed to continue Igbo language movies like Living in Bondage that gave them fame in the first instance! They said that they didn't want to make "Igbotic" movies. Whatever that meant. In time, those tactless Igbos seeking a "UNITED Nigerian Nollywood" have gradually learned that there is nothing "Nigerian" that can survive or have support from other tribes.

It is the same thing that they did to some Igbo Musicians that thought that if they sang in Yoruba language or English, somehow those people will not remember that they are Igbo. grin Well, such idiocy! None of those musicians exist today. It is the artists that understood their audience and understood that in Nigeria, it is only your people that will promote you first before others will appreciate you. So they sang mostly in the Igbo language that are still around today and doing very well. All the "One Nigeria" artists that preferred singing in strange languages than their own have all been liquidated.

Anywhere in the world, what I have written here will be considered extreme nationalism and distasteful. But Nigeria is not a normal place. It is a place where people ask your name and your parent's tribe before they decide if your art is good or not. Those "Lagos" Igbos and others that would like to play the ostrich and pretend that what has been said here is untrue should continue to delude themselves. From knocking down their houses and markets in Lagos to other practices they have faced, I am just glad that some of them are beginning to smell the coffee and understand the true nature of the space called Nigeria. That is just the bitter truth. They can continue to ignore it at their own peril.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

[s]I need to buy you a bottle of Hero beer! One thing about the Igbo person is that he/she desperately wants to be accepted as a "Nigerian" if there is any true word as "Nigerian". However, whether they pretend or are genuinely ignorant about what Nigeria truly is about, they will all get the same treatment by Nigeria.GUARANTEED!
So it is better to understand Nigeria and act according to the realities than play ostrich all the time.

Igbos are the only ones that carry the "One-Nigeria" mantra on their head like a burden that has been killing them. Nollywood practically started in Iweka road, Onitsha and Pound Road, Aba with the early movies such as living in bondage, Nneka the pretty serpent, etc. The Yorubas quickly set up their own "Nollywood" in Lagos and the north quickly set up its own version in Kano. Shockingly, the Igbos decided that they needed to "UNITE" Nollywoods and moved theirs to Lagos and started the English movies! The Yorubas used their money and Infrastructure to set up another specific Yoruba movies version in Ibadan, while Igbos were still too ashamed to continue Igbo language movies like Living in Bondage that gave them fame in the first instance! They said that they didn't want to make "Igbotic" movies. Whatever that meant. In time, those tactless Igbos seeking a "UNITED Nigerian Nollywood" have gradually learned that there is nothing "Nigerian" that can survive or have support from other tribes.

It is the same thing that they did to some Igbo Musicians that thought that if they sang in Yoruba language or English, somehow those people will not remember that they are Igbo. grin Well, such idiocy! None of those musicians exist today. It is the artists that understood their audience and understood that in Nigeria, it is only your people that will promote you first before others will appreciate you. So they sang mostly in the Igbo language that are still around today and doing very well. All the "One Nigeria" artists that preferred singing in strange languages than their own have all been liquidated.

Anywhere in the world, what I have written here will be considered extreme nationalism and distasteful. But Nigeria is not a normal place. It is a place where people ask your name before they decide if your art is good or not. Those "Lagos" Igbos and others that would like to play the ostrich and pretend that what has been said here is untrue should continue to delude themselves. From knocking down their houses and markets in Lagos to other practices they have faced, I am just glad that some of them are beginning to smell the coffee and understand the true nature of the space called Nigeria. That is just the bitter truth. They can continue to ignore it at their own peril.[/s]

This thread is not where Igbos come to do their usual lamentations.

It is a realistic thread for development not masturbating and lamenting.

Stop deviating the thread both of you.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 4:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
Bkayy dey vex today o. Wetin dey happen bikonu? grin

Mega2biz u don hear am today for Bkayy hand

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by BKayy: 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

I need to buy you a bottle of Hero beer! One thing about the Igbo person is that he/she desperately wants to be accepted as a "Nigerian" if there is any true word as "Nigerian". However, whether they pretend or are genuinely ignorant about what Nigeria truly is about, they will all get the same treatment by Nigeria.GUARANTEED!

Anywhere in the world, what I have written here will be considered extreme nationalism and distasteful. But Nigeria is not a normal place. It is a place where people ask your name and your parent's tribe before they decide if your art is good or not. Those "Lagos" Igbos and others that would like to play the ostrich and pretend that what has been said here is untrue should continue to delude themselves. From knocking down their houses and markets in Lagos to other practices they have faced, I am just glad that some of them are beginning to smell the coffee and understand the true nature of the space called Nigeria. That is just the bitter truth. They can continue to ignore it at their own peril.
Exactly. Immediately Yorubas took it from then, they maintained their Yoruba Movie trademark and never integrated it into the main stream Nollywood thus claiming ownership and maintaining their turf.

Same with the Northerners that most people think they are senseless . They maintain theirs and trademark it as Kannywood, receiving exclusive enforcement, recognition and aid for it.

It was after our kinsmen have realised that they have lost the game that they started acting funny, most of them realised that they are third choice in endorsements and awards in the movie scheme. Instead of them to shoulder their utter defeat like men and women, they are looking for a way to smuggle themselves back home and expect us to give them heroes welcome. They think we are ignorant, that we don't know their condition.
It is now obvious to their ignorant selves that there was never a Nigerian Nollywood but Igbo Nollywood

The game became obvious to them when Africa Magic launched Yoruba Channel and still use both the and new for Yoruba films with different percentage of Yoruba language in it. They begged for Igbo channel but by then it was already too late.

I swear eh, If someone else try to package that rotten Nollywoods defeat as "RETURN" for us here again I will break bottle on his/her head.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Aboki, gerra here!
I was talking to Ndigbo not umu anofia.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 4:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

U be calming down

I think I get what oremii is saying. If u don’t know,oremii once said here that he used to be a strong financial contributor to the coffers of Ipob till d group started going beserk. He stopped totally. I once read that here about him. So it isn’t about the ipob nonsense.
I understand his point well.

Besides,MelesZewani...I still haven’t forgotten the nasty reply u once gave me on this thread sometimes in d past about the useless sit at home? I will revisit that when I am in d right state of mind.

And finally,so on this thread,they say you’re me and I am you? Lmao
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

Aboki, gerra here!
I was talking to Ndigbo not umu anofia.

Same way others have been talking to Ndigbo.

Many are gone, through same talking.

Meanwhile Aboki means friend. Tell your supreme leader to tell u what enemy means so that u can be using it

Aboki means friend....eziofia.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2021
[quote author=Landmack post=108639255]

U be calming down

I think I get what oremii is saying. If u don’t know,oremii once said here that he used to be a strong financial contributor to the coffers of Ipob till d group started going beserk. He stopped totally. I once read that here about him. So it isn’t about the ipob nonsense.

Besides,MelesZewani...I still haven’t forgotten the nasty reply u once gave me on this thread sometimes in d past about the useless sit at home? I will revisit that when I am in d right state of mind.

grin cheesy grin

They have been saying a lot of things these days.

Onu ya ekwu okwu mana Onye agwazi onuru.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
BKayy:

Exactly. Immediately Yorubas took it from then, they maintained their Yoruba Movie trademark and never integrated it into the main stream Nollywood thus claiming ownership and maintaining their turf.

Same with the Northerners that most people think they are senseless . They maintain theirs and trademark it as Kannywood, receiving exclusive enforcement, recognition and aid for it.

It was after our kinsmen have realised that they have lost the game that they started acting funny, most of them realised that they are third choice in endorsements and awards in the movie scheme. Instead of them to shoulder their utter defeat like men and women, they are looking for a way to smuggle themselves back home and expect us to give them heroes welcome. They think we are ignorant, that we don't know their condition.
It is now obvious to their ignorant selves that there was never a Nigerian Nollywood but Igbo Nollywood

The game became obvious to them when Africa Magic launched Yoruba Channel and still use both the and new for Yoruba films with different percentage of Yoruba language in it. They begged for Igbo channel but by then it was already too late.

I swear eh, If someone else try to package that rotten Nollywoods defeat as return for us here again I will break bottle on his/her head.

In the past, one used to be saddened with stuff like this. These days, it gladdens me so much!

You know, Igbos are one of the most stupidly stubborn groups in the world. So, I have seen that their nature is neither to learn from the experience of their parents nor the experience of other Igbos. For them, personal experience is the best teacher. So, let them suffer the bitter personal experience and learn the hard way.

I heard some of them went back to buy lands where some of their fellow Igbos buildings were knocked down in Lagos! Okay, like the person re-selling your brother's land to you is so brain dead that he does not know you are also Igbo abi? In your mind, you are buying an Imo man's land or Anambra man's land, but you forget that the person selling the land to you sees you all as 'IBOS"!

In a few years' time, when they return with bulldozers to knock down the same buildings, you will start making videos again calling on southeast governors to scold the Lagos state government not to knock down your buildings. They suddenly realize too late that they are not Imo, Anambra, or Ebonyi, that they are simply "IBOS"! You can just see that sometimes, they simply deserve the hard lessons they are taught so that they will be a little tactful in Nigeria.

I love the saying below because it's precisely an accurate depiction of our people's deep sedation and lack of awareness of what "One Nigeria" is really about.

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
InternalAuditor watching like an Eagle to spot abuzz33 aka Mktinsight fresh comment anywhere on this thread grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2021
Landmack:

U be calming down

Yes, I contributed MONTHLY to IPOB financially for so many years! In fact, many people here know me as the person that reminds them to pay their monthly dues. Infact, another member of the forum here started contributing because I persistently urged her to contribute to the safety of our region by supporting the ESN vigilante.

The only reason I stopped contributing was using ESN to stop elections in Biafraland. Which is TOTALLY against their one and only role of securing our forest from the rampaging herders killing farmers and raping our women. The politics of election or no election in Biafraland should be decided by our people and not anyone abusing the ESN mandate to scare our people from participating in elections if they choose to. That was an unpardonable redline that forced my withdrawal from IPOB. It underscored that some people could also abuse the ESN mandate and turn it into Boko Haram if they felt that is where their interest was.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 5:13pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

Yes, I contributed MONTHLY to IPOB financially for so many years! In fact, many people here know me as the person that reminds them to pay their monthly dues. Infact, another member of the forum here started contributing because I persistently urged her to contribute to the safety of our region by supporting the ESN vigilante.

The only reason I stopped contributing was using ESN to stop elections in Biafraland. Which is TOTALLY against their one and only role of securing our forest from the rampaging herders killing farmers and raping our women. The politics of election or no election in Biafraland should be decided by our people and not anyone abusing the ESN mandate to scare our people from participating in elections if they choose to. That was an unpardonable redline that forced my withdrawal from IPOB. It underscored that some people could also abuse the ESN mandate and turn it into Boko Haram if they felt that is where their interest was.
Apt!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMi22 honestly ur comment dey give me some nostalgic feeling here.. throw back to our first generation igbo movies which usually ft Mike Ori Ihe di nma, uwaezoke,Akajiofor,adamma et al...,igbo movie about Mike ori ihe di nma not being a complete man as rumored by uwaezuoke and was made to show his manhood in front of the whole villagers to ascertain if he was a man or spirit..hahaha.
Some indomie kids here will not know these set of movies
We used to have scenes from Onitsha and some villages down east in these movies..what happened?

Chaiii

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

As far as you have contributed to the wasting of innocent souls, posterity will judge you.

The bible made it clear that it will visit the sins of father's on their children and generation to come.

You are contributing to Terrorism and all forms of vices.

Go and collect your own share of human meat and eat.

Alu melu.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 6:46pm On Dec 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

As far as you have contributed to the wasting of innocent souls, posterity will judge you.

The bible made it clear that it will visit the sins of father's on their children and generation to come.

You are contributing to Terrorism and all forms of vices.

Go and collect your own share of human meat and eat.

Alu melu.

I can reveal to you free of charge that Igbos global financial network are still intact. All the Fulani herdsmen, army and DSS childish propaganda that ESN are cannibals and unknown gunmen is TOTALLY ineffective. You guys can continue burning people's houses in Izombe, Awo or Barr Ejiofor's home and say its ESN. Nobody in the entire world is decieved one bit that the perpetrators of these crimes are Fulanis in Nigerian security forces.

The grudge any of us have with IPOB is simply on the tactical duties of ESN. Some of us strongly believe that Biafrans MUST have the freedom to hold political opinions and religious beliefs without any fear. I don't like APC, but Biafrans that love them should not be made to live in fear. The same way Biafrans who are jews or Muslims cannot be discriminated on.

While i understand there are some criminal elements who infiltrated ESN. Your FG masters silly attempt to frame IPOB or ESN by killing people and forging stories or videoed "confessions" is an indication of your childish mindset. No fool in the world is deceived about the activities of Fulani militias in the south-east zone under the guise of Nigerian army and DSS. If you doubt me, ask your ambassador to sample US diplomatic intelligence on who is behind the killings in south-east Nigeria. Even North Korean government does not indulge in the type of extremely childish propaganda of Nigerian federal government. I don't even think that the Nigerian federal government understands the word "duress". So let them stage more drama to discover where IPOB stationed people who would be suicide bombers or who would be blamed for the bombs the army and DSS would be planting to kill Igbos. Nobody is fooled one bit with these silly dramas.

I truly don't have time to join issues with hateful abokis who are sworn to destruction of Ndigbo. A typical aboki does not care about Igbo life. That is why you use the strategy of killing innocent people in the east.. But i just want to let you know that your cover is already blown. So quit trying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

[s]I can reveal to you free of charge that Igbos global financial network are still intact. All the Fulani herdsmen, army and DSS childish propaganda that ESN are cannibals and unknown gunmen is TOTALLY ineffective. You guys can continue burning people's houses in Izombe, Awo or Barr Ejiofor's home and say its ESN. Nobody in the entire world is decieved one bit that the perpetrators of these crimes are Fulanis in Nigerian security forces.

The grudge any of us have with IPOB is simply on the tactical duties of ESN. Some of us strongly believe that Biafrans MUST have the freedom to hold political opinions and religious beliefs without any fear. I don't like APC, but Biafrans that love them should not be made to live in fear. The same way Biafrans who are jews or Muslims cannot be discriminated on.

Your FG masters silly attempt to frame IPOB or ESN by killing people and forging stories or videoed "confessions" is an indication of your childish mindset. No fool in the world is deceived about the activities of Fulani militias in the south-east zone under the guise of Nigerian army and DSS. If you doubt me, ask your ambassador to sample US diplomatic intelligence on who is behind the killings in south-east Nigeria. Even North Korean government does not indulge in the type of extremely childish propaganda of Nigerian federal government.[/s]

Reveal that to your fellow Igbos. I don't give audience to what I hate or any form of Terrorism and as such this discussion deviating towards IPOB/ESN/ICOB (Well known terrorist organization and cannibals).

And point of correction I am not a biafran neither is any member of my family ( Ayi aburo Biafra). Those who are should continue and Goodluck to them.

But we must never be quiet while people are mercilessly murdered in cold blood all the time, buried or even eaten.

If the good ones like us in the society continue to keep quiet, time will come when evil like IPOB will over run the society.

Since this your submission is shifting to Igbos then look for your fellow Ipob terrorists who gives you audience and discuss that with them.

I pride myself as been fair and Just.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by rdokoye: 7:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
OreMI22:

It's the fear of domination, no one wants to be dominated, and that's how they interpret Igbo actions. Moving to Lagos to establish a movie industry, the other ethnic groups, namely Yoruba people, would see it as an attempt to dominate. That's why they quickly established their own one, likewise in the North.

That's all the "other" groups think, when they see Igbo people making moves. Domination, Domination, Domination. It's that same mindset that drives them to knock down properties belonging to Igbo people.

That's the problem you're faced with when you have forced unions, ethnic groups that are very dissimilar from one another, living together in a single entity. The reality is, all men aren't created equally, and it's that same fear that's been the bedrock of the Nigerian mindset.

The only solution is capitulation, for Yoruba people to allow Igbo people to control everything within their domain or for Northerners to allow Igbo people to run all the businesses and control all of the wealth of their land. But we know that's NEVER going to happen.

P.S. Naturally, Igbo people would be "more" Nigerian than everyone else, because we stand to benefit more from that thinking. We're overwhelmingly the entrepreneurs, the business men and women. The builders, the traders, etc... and so, other regions within Nigeria would be looked at as fertile grounds. New lands to generate wealth and profits, at the expense of its current inhabitants (at least, that's how our actions will/would be interpreted).

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 7:31pm On Dec 19, 2021
rdokoye:

It's the fear of domination, no one wants to be dominated, and that's how they interpret Igbo actions. Moving to Lagos to establish a movie industry, the other ethnic groups, namely Yoruba people, would see it as an attempt to dominate. That's why they quickly established their own one, likewise in the North.

That's all the "other" groups think, when they see Igbo people making moves. Domination, Domination, Domination. It's that same mindset that drives them to knock down properties belonging to Igbo people.

That's the problem you're faced with when you have forced unions, ethnic groups that are very dissimilar from one another, living together in a single entity. The reality is, all men aren't created equally, and it's that same fear that's been the bedrock of the Nigerian mindset.

The only solution is capitulation, for Yoruba people to allow Igbo people to control everything within their domain or for Northerners to allow Igbo people to run all the businesses and control all of the wealth of their land. But we know that's NEVER going to happen.

P.S. Naturally, Igbo people would be "more" Nigerian than everyone else, because we stand to benefit more from that thinking. We're overwhelmingly the entrepreneurs, the business men and women. The builders, the traders, etc... and so, other regions within Nigeria would be looked at as fertile grounds. New lands to generate wealth and profits, at the expense of its current inhabitants (at least, that's how our actions will/would be interpreted).

I agree with this. Its a fear that has been there since the formation of Nigeria.

I remember in the hay days of P square when i asked the D J to play a P Square song during my friend's party. The D J flatly responded that my friend instructed him to play only Yoruba artists. I was fairly embarrassed but i managed a smile and went back to my seat. Till date i have wondered if my best friend truly gave that instruction. So its a mindset issue

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 7:59pm On Dec 19, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Same way others have been talking to Ndigbo.

Many are gone, through same talking.

Meanwhile Aboki means friend. Tell your supreme leader to tell u what enemy means so that u can be using it

Aboki means friend....eziofia.

o shut up aboki nama! degrading your so-called people! judgement tolls for you people, I will truly love to see you swing.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
ebufa:

o shut up aboki nama! degrading your so-called people! judgement tolls for you people, I will truly love to see you swing.

Faxtaakczaein
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2021
Willie must fortify our bordering communities like ihiala and co with security personnel for maximum security. God forbid the monkey kill monkey game going on in Imo state replicates itself here.

Our brothers at ihiala and co are already feeling the senseless violence coming from the two nonsense political gladiators of IMO state

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (849) (850) (851) (852) (853) (854) (855) ... (1322) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.