Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,558 members, 7,850,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:42 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (855) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2104581 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 6:07pm On Dec 21, 2021
Obiano should have added construction of more pavilion to the contract I don't know how much it will cost him to do that, I'm not surprise no body is even proud enough to post it here on nairaland, if it was the other way round the post would have hit front page by now
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
Ceegar01:
Obiano should have added construction of more pavilion to the contract I don't know how much it will cost him to do that, I'm not surprise no body is even proud enough to post it here on nairaland, if it was the other way round the post would have hit front page by now

This is the first phase of the stadium. Which is to create a FIFA standard pitch, Floodlights, Public address systems, and able to transmit LIVE matches from the stadium will be completed this year.

The second phase of the project is focused on increasing the sitting capacity. I prefer the phased construction approach so that the stadium can continue to be used for sporting events and sports development in the state, while more pavillions are gradually added. Than to leave it abandoned for 10 years until a 30,000 - 50,000 Pavillion is completed. Like many stadia in Nigeria today.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by billante(m): 12:01am On Dec 22, 2021
Ceegar01:

Asin I don't understand.....It wouldn't have even cost much.

Just see what ugwuanyi could do at nsukka below

5 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 6:54am On Dec 22, 2021
My brother oo I don't just understand anything worth doing is worth doing well that pavilion will not cost that much oo that is why a lot of people are complaining, but I love what monimichelle did to that pitch very standard.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2021
billante:

Asin I don't understand.....It wouldn't have even cost much.ust see what ugwuanyi could do at nsukka below

What Ugwuanyi did is nonsense compare to the quality job done by Obiano. Just the tartan pitch done by Obiano or the dressing room can build everything done by Ugwuanyi. What Obiano did was to build worldclass pitch with a stand on this first phase, while the second phase will just be to add more stands. Even as the stadium is right now, it can host fifa sponsored matches because it meets every international standard

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2021
You are totally correct

OreMI22:

This is the first phase of the stadium. Which is to create a FIFA standard pitch, Floodlights, Public address systems, and able to transmit LIVE matches from the stadium will be completed this year.

The second phase of the project is focused on increasing the sitting capacity. I prefer the phased construction approach so that the stadium can continue to be used for sporting events and sports development in the state, while more pavillions are gradually added. Than to leave it abandoned for 10 years until a 30,000 - 50,000 Pavillion is completed. Like many stadia in Nigeria today.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2021
Awka Millennium city has sold out 1st and 2nd phases, they are now in 3rd phase.

Armon:
Thank you for the response Rock Vibes!!!!

Obiano I am very proud of you!!!!!

I have an observation!!! Now the airport is ready and with all enthusiasm the Airport has quick kick started activities are on fast paced already. Now where are the naysayers against this airport project? I am laughing at their pessimism! Even when it was so glaring we have two illustrious Sons in aviation industry as chiefs never caught light of Optimism in their head and dampen their hate and was referring us to keep using Delta Air port!!! Delta Air port will soon be a white elephant project!!! I want to thank all that supported this project and fought the attacks of the dissents.

Also Obiano scored a high on housing estates that birthed many Estates most famous is AMC...we igbos love comfort and luxury... AMC i believe will cause more better estates and city technologically driven like Eco Atlantic or ocean city in Lagos.

Air Peace chief slightly mentioned our Rivers and potentials it boasts of! Soludo should have a super plan to that regard.

Has any entrant agreed to build a five star hotel beside the ICC please they should select good designs...

Now on Oil and Gas we have a relative peace. By now all the oil companies in Anambra drilling oils should submit right number of barrels they drill perday under the supervision of Anambra state government for Allocation.

Jisienu Ike

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by billante(m): 9:40am On Dec 22, 2021
OreMI22:

The time it took them to complete what we have there now( they have been building this sports arena for the past 2+ years) is the same time it will take to build the full stadium with thousands of sitting capacity....so your argument doesn't totally make sense.

If they have done this in 6 months I will agree with you

From recent videos/news received, the governor is not even talking about any 2nd phase of the project, was talking more of maintaining the sports arena as it is with the maintenance contract given to the monimichelle guy.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 9:46am On Dec 22, 2021
Obiano was building international airport, international conference centre and stadium simultaneously but Ugwuanyi was building just a local stadium somewhere and that appears to be his biggest achievement in almost 8yrs. You cannot compare the two scenarios within the same time frame. If Obiano was just building stadium he would have built the type in Brazil.

billante:

The time it took them to complete what we have there now( they have been building this sports arena for the past 2+ years) is the same time it will take to build the full stadium with thousands of sitting capacity....so your argument doesn't totally make sense.

From recent videos/news received, the governor is not even talking about any 2nd phase of the project, was talking more of maintaining the sports arena as it is with the maintenance contract given to the monimichelle guy.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by billante(m): 10:03am On Dec 22, 2021
InternalAuditor:
Obiano was building international airport, international conference centre and stadium simultaneously but Ugwuanyi was building just a local stadium somewhere and that appears to be his biggest achievement in almost 8yrs. You cannot compare the two scenarios within the same time frame. If Obiano was just building stadium he would have built the type in Brazil.

Am not even comparing ugwuanyi achievement with obiano's.....the airport is top notch, the international conference center is top notch, the stadium should have been too, like I said earlier it wouldn't have cost much from the resources obiano had available.

Anyway lets hope soludo would do better at that project.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2021
billante:

Am not even comparing ugwuanyi achievement with obiano's.....the airport is top notch, the international conference center is top notch, the stadium should have been too, like I said earlier it wouldn't have cost much from the resources obiano had available.

Anyway lets hope soludo would do better at that project.

Just like the airport and the ICC, the stadium is worldclass because they got the pitch right. Adding more stands is not a big deal as the main job of getting the best pitch has been done.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2021
Bro, work started on that stadium October 2020, and not more than past two years

billante:

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Chikeluba25(m): 4:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
InternalAuditor:
Awka Millennium city has sold out 1st and 2nd phases, they are now in 3rd phase.

Sentiment apart; Obiano is indeed a game changer... Being able to attract all Anambra illustrious sons home with his magical enabler is what keeps surprising me.
From real estate: Victoriachresthome, Cubana group, GSS... to Aviation, shipping, logistics and procurement: Doncrimax, Zenith shipping, Airpeace,UN airline and so many more
There is no governor in the entire Nigeria that has been able to break this record except Obiano

7 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk2: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Chikeluba25:
Sentiment apart; Obiano is indeed a game changer... Being able to attract all Anambra illustrious sons home with his magical enabler is what keeps surprising me.
From real estate: Victoriachresthome, Cubana group, GSS... to Aviation, shipping, logistics and procurement: Doncrimax, Zenith shipping, Airpeace,UN airline and so many more
There is no governor in the entire Nigeria that has been able to break this record except Obiano
the way you guys hype this millennium city. I expect to see buildings.. If they can't concentrate on the landscaping and opening it up for people to build they should ease on the hype..

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2021
chiefobdk2:
the way you guys hype this millennium city. I expect to see buildings.. If they can't concentrate on the landscaping and opening it up for people to build they should ease on the hype..

I don't think they are hyping the Awka Millenium City. I think the project facilitators have planned a truly world-class city there.

I am watching to see the Awka Millenium city, HELIU Gardens and Enugu Golf & Centenary city which will become the true choicest city in the southeast and south-south region.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMlf_e24J4

6 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Cjrane2: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
chiefobdk2:

@ bolded, I agree with you that only landscaping will make the AMC be an ordinary or extra-ordinary estate.

Kigali isn't such a great African city because it has better or taller buildings than Abuja, Lagos or Accra. Kigali simply made a decision to massively PLANT TREES AND FLOWERS. Thus, it transformed itself from a dusty city to a huge garden city virtually overnight.

So landscaping is everything! Just that our people are still hyper-focused on only concrete structures and sculptures. Landscaping is the key to creating an ambient extra-ordinary environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imw7VJBjIiE&t=579s

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by chiefobdk2: 6:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
OreMI22:

I don't think they are hyping the Awka Millenium City. I think the project facilitators have planned a truly world-class city there.

I am watching to see the Awka Millenium city, HELIU Gardens and Enugu Golf & Centenary city which will become the true choicest city in the southeast and south-south region.

golf city that was started by chimaroke... I lived in onoh quarters river lane gra enugu....abi no be where sars office dey for Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by 3pointsagree: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
arriving home on the 24th
Via the new airport

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by MrStan11(m): 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
3pointsagree:
arriving home on the 24th
Via the new airport
Make video for us o.
Ka osukosu nwa mkpi na asugbu ndi unbelievers.

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
They just talk without facts, there are plans for everything and I love the way they are strictly following there plans.
Actually construction of houses has commenced

chiefobdk2:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Rocksvibes234: 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
M

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 7:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
M
I think going by when they started work on the estate they are very fast, the mou was signed around June/July 2019 they moved to site in October 2019 despite covid 19 they've mapped out all the roads and sand filled all of them now they are doing interlocking, they want to plan the estate before construction of homes, you know one thing about our people they are always impatient

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
InternalAuditor:

What Ugwuanyi did is nonsense compare to the quality job done by Obiano. Just the tartan pitch done by Obiano or the dressing room can build everything done by Ugwuanyi. What Obiano did was to build worldclass pitch with a stand on this first phase, while the second phase will just be to add more stands. Even as the stadium is right now, it can host fifa sponsored matches because it meets every international standard
I told you earlier that Nsukka stadium will beat Awka stadium, now the finished product is out and someone else noticed it
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
Basil the bitter envious nsukka clown. What Ugwuanyi built Is a local school playground with ordinary grass, while Obiano built a worldclass facility that can host any fifa game in the world

[s]
Ogbuefi2020:

I told you earlier that Nsukka stadium will beat Awka stadium, now the finished product is out and someone else noticed it
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ceegar01:

I think going by when they started work on the estate they are very fast, the mou was signed around June/July 2019 they moved to site in October 2019 despite covid 19 they've mapped out all the roads and sand filled all of them now they are doing interlocking, they want to plan the estate before construction of homes, you know one thing about our people they are always impatient

Very true
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
Rocksvibes234:
They just talk without facts, there are plans for everything and I love the way they are strictly following there plans.
Actually construction of houses has commenced

Awka Millennium city is the best, the most modern precinct in igboland. Very beautiful

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by InternalAuditor: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
OreMI22:

Truly on the highlighted part. AMC is indeed a model city for the region.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 9:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ceegar01:

The stadium is a FIFA GOAL project. It is a field for training and development not full capacity crowds. The state government is following a pre specified design. It is a MINI stadium. They should use the rest of the land there to build other sporting facilities like basketball courts with support of NBA Africa, Tennis courts, Boxing/wrestling gym, Volleyball, swimming to make the place a mini sports complex for sports development. A full capacity stadium can be built elsewhere.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by abuzz33: 9:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ceegar01:

Clem is building it like a modern estate. It will be nice when its complete especially with the park space and water supply. The only negative is that many of those plots will require sandfilling since they sit on swampy land.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 10:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
abuzz33:

The stadium is a FIFA GOAL project. It is a field for training and development not full capacity crowds. The state government is following a pre specified design. It is a MINI stadium. They should use the rest of the land there to build other sporting facilities like basketball courts with support of NBA Africa, Tennis courts, Boxing/wrestling gym, Volleyball, swimming to make the place a mini sports complex for sports development. A full capacity stadium can be built elsewhere.

Oga,
Say what you know.

Anambra already has a sports Arena with all sporting facilities. From Volleyball, Olympic swimming pool, basketball etc. The ONLY sports facility lacked was a FIFA standard stadium for soccer and athletics events.

That is why last year's Police Games hosted by the state only used Rojenny stadium for soccer and athletics events. After the event, Obiano promised to build a FIFA standard state stadium in the state, as well as launch a state male and female football team.
1. Anambra Bombers (Male football team)
2. Anambra Babes (Female football team).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFYGq1pYI1o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0IUC8fCqn4

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 10:27pm On Dec 22, 2021
There is no way Anambra would have hosted a huge sports event as the 2020 Nigeria Police games if it did not have all the sporting facilities.

Very soon, the state will also possess a FIFA standard stadium to host FIFA soccer events such as international matches.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ogbuefi2020: 10:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
InternalAuditor:
Basil the bitter envious nsukka clown. What Ugwuanyi built Is a local school playground with ordinary grass, while Obiano built a worldclass facility that can host any fifa game in the world

[s][/s]
Watch out for T Junction flyover. It will floor the Mgbidi Jericho at Awka

(1) (2) (3) ... (852) (853) (854) (855) (856) (857) (858) ... (1322) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.