Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos - Politics (872) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2086194 Views)

Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos) / ABIA STATE: Updates On Developments- Pictures / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (1321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
OreMI22:
Although it is often hard to impress our people on the importance of landscaping, one hopes they will extend landscaping to all the open areas around the taxiway and runway.

Not just that grass will prevent erosion from developing around the runway or taxiway, grassing all the open areas will immensely beautify the airport and reduce dust and haze at the airport.

Absolutely, they need to grass those bare earth areas around the runway. I trust Obiano to do landscaping more than any previous Anambra governor. If you look at all Obiano's projects like the Agulu Lake hotel, he understands the importance of HIGH-QUALITY finishing and proper landscaping. Unlike his predecessors that are only interested in building a structure and just leave it there without proper finishing touches once it's a public facility. But the same people would not build their own houses and forget to paint them or plant flowers the way they do public projects.

I am more concerned with them taking time to install all the informational TV screens and check-in counters in the terminal and ensuring that the Departure & Arrival lounges are exactly as they were meant to be in the 3D design. If they get everything right in that terminal building, it will obviously be the best in Nigeria and West Africa at least.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anthony1976: 2:24pm On Dec 28, 2021
I don't think they're done with what they doing.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
Anthony1976:
I don't think they're done with what they doing.

Don't wanna dampen both you and ChimaAdeoyes' level of enthusiasm, but they're pretty much done with the inside of that terminal building! All you should expect now is the installation of the escalators, lifts and avio-bridges....shikena! I predicted a few months back that they will not have done the landscaping by the time commercial flights begin and i've since been proven right!

Fact of the matter is, the will and desire is there to do things properly as they appear on the 3-D rendering, but there are funds constraints that prevent this from happening!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by IGBOSON1: 2:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
abuzz33:

Someone should tell Obiano that he really should not be taking his children around in government convoys on these kind of official trips. Not with the crazy police attachment that follows them and level of insecurity.

Good to see they are working on parking lot. Soludo should rebrand the area Awka Sports Complex and add other facilities to ensure it is utilised and not become shelter for aboki and abakaliki boys at night.

They've started again!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Absolutely, they need to grass those bare earth areas around the runway. I trust Obiano to do landscaping more than any previous Anambra governor. If you look at all Obiano's projects like the Agulu Lake hotel, he understands the importance of HIGH-QUALITY finishing and proper landscaping. Unlike his predecessors that are only interested in building a structure and just leave it there without proper finishing touches once it's a public facility. But the same people would not build their own houses and forget to paint them or plant flowers the way they do public projects.

I am more concerned with them taking time to install all the informational TV screens and check-in counters in the terminal and ensuring that the Departure & Arrival lounges are exactly as they were meant to be in the 3D design. If they get everything right in that terminal building, it will obviously be the best in Nigeria and West Africa at least.

AT BOLDED, THIS WAS THE SAME ISSUE THAT LED TO YOUR INSULTS ON MY PERSON, LAST YEAR.

I AM SURPRISE TO SEE YOU DEMANDING THE SAME SPECIFICATION TODAY, AS I DID WITH THE AIRPORT.

LET US STOP UNNECESSARY ATTACKS ON OUR BROTHERS THAT HAVE GOOD INTENTION. BIKO!
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 3:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, WE MUST LEARN TO STICK TO SPECIFICATION OF DESIGN, BECAUSE WE ONLY CHEAT AND DECIEVE OURSELVES AT THE END.

WHAT WE ARE BUILDING IS FOR US AND OUR CHILDREN, COLLECTIVELY.

DONT SHOW ME ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE STARTED LOOKING FORWARD TO THE THING YOU SHOWED ME, ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

IT IS LIKE FALLING IN LOVE, THE EMOTIONS TAKES TIME TO BUILD AND WHEN NOT RECIPROCATED, IT LEADS TO HATE BREAK.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 3:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
They are done with that terminal for now the finishing would have been possible if obiano still has more time but for now let's forget it. The most painful part is the landscaping along the terminal building and car park, what of covering of the drains, I would have preferred they install a ceiling on that terminal or at least paint the roofing but all na war, I've said it here before anything worth doing is worth doing well the airport finishing is not satisfactory period!

4 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2021
hammer567:
EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT, WE MUST LEARN TO STICK TO SPECIFICATION OF DESIGN, BECAUSE WE ONLY CHEAT AND DECIEVE OURSELVES AT THE END.

WHAT WE ARE BUILDING IS FOR US AND OUR CHILDREN, COLLECTIVELY.

DONT SHOW ME ONE THING AND DO ANOTHER, BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE STARTED LOOKING FORWARD TO THE THING YOU SHOWED ME, ONLY TO BE DISAPPOINTED.

IT IS LIKE FALLING IN LOVE, THE EMOTIONS TAKES TIME TO BUILD AND WHEN NOT RECIPROCATED, IT LEADS TO HATE BREAK.
you're always shouting on this thread..u lack basic nettiquette,honestly.

This is rude..stop shouting

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ChimaAdeoye: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2021
IGBOSON1:

Don't wanna dampen both you and ChimaAdeoyes' level of enthusiasm, but they're pretty much done with the inside of that terminal building! All you should expect now is the installation of the escalators, lifts and avio-bridges....shikena! I predicted a few months back that they will not have done the landscaping by the time commercial flights begin and i've since been proven right!

Fact of the matter is, the will and desire is there to do things properly as they appear on the 3-D rendering, but there are funds constraints that prevent this from happening!

Your analysis makes a lot of sense. However, some of these things will not cost a lot of money if they really think a good finishing of the project is important. With less than N5 million naira, they can buy and install some screens (Not all). I do concede that it's possible that they won't do much more at the airport since they are also under pressure to deliver the ICC within the next 3 months.

Hopefully, they can do just a little such as buying two 50 inch TV screens. One screen placed in the departure lounge for showing all scheduled and arriving flights, and one placed in the waiting room upstairs for passengers to watch TV. I know they installed a satellite dish on the roof. So they obviously planned on placing TV in the passengers waiting area for passengers entertainment. They can gradually buy the remaining screens with time.

Also, the landscaping should not cost too much to achieve if they give the contract to local women farmers from the community. Just get a few Umueri women that know how to farm and give them a contract of N1 million naira to plant grass in those open areas especially around the airport taxiway, parking lot. They also need more palm trees along the airport entrance and exit roads just before the airport tollgate. These palm trees along the airport entrance and exit roads will help beautify the airport's internal roads while driving in or leaving the airport. No need to use any big company or waste money on big contracts. If they really want to help the women landscapers, they will buy chicken waste or cow dung from the various farms and ask them to use those as organic manure to treat the soil prior to planting the grass. That will ensure it grows fast at the first rains or even ask the fire trucks to discharge their water in the air around those areas to help water the grass.

If they really understand that these little things are essential, they will find cheap ways of doing them with direct labor using the Ministry of works staff and not contracts. The problem is that they may not even see the importance of these. So thinking of cheap ways to do it may not even be a priority.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 4:33pm On Dec 28, 2021
IGBOSON1:

They've started again!

That’s the obvious truth he stated.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 4:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChimaAdeoye:

Your analysis makes a lot of sense. However, some of these things will not cost a lot of money if they really think a good finishing of the project is important. With less than N5 million naira, they can buy and install some screens (Not all). I do concede that it's possible that they won't do much more at the airport since they are also under pressure to deliver the ICC within the next 3 months.

Hopefully, they can do just a little such as buying two 50 inch TV screens. One screen placed in the departure lounge for showing all scheduled and arriving flights, and one placed in the waiting room upstairs for passengers to watch TV. I know they installed a satellite dish on the roof. So they obviously planned on placing TV in the passengers waiting area for passengers entertainment. They can gradually buy the remaining screens with time.

Also, the landscaping should not cost too much to achieve if they give the contract to local women farmers from the community. Just get a few Umueri women that know how to farm and give them a contract of N1 million naira to plant grass in those open areas especially around the airport taxiway, parking lot. They also need more palm trees along the airport entrance and exit roads just before the airport tollgate. These palm trees along the airport entrance and exit roads will help beautify the airport's internal roads while driving in or leaving the airport. No need to use any big company or waste money on big contracts. If they really want to help the women landscapers, they will buy chicken waste or cow dung from the various farms and ask them to use those as organic manure to treat the soil prior to planting the grass. That will ensure it grows fast at the first rains or even ask the fire trucks to discharge their water in the air around those areas to help water the grass.

If they really understand that these little things are essential, they will find cheap ways of doing them with direct labor using the Ministry of works staff and not contracts. The problem is that they may not even see the importance of these. So thinking of cheap ways to do it may not even be a priority.

If they are just going to buy two screens, for now, 50" screens might be too small. They could attempt bigger screen sizes so that many people can view one giant screen from afar.

I like the idea of using local farmers to do the landscaping. It will definitely save costs and create jobs. They should maintain a landscaping team to continuously tend the grass, flowers, and palm trees they planted. Some of the trees in the car park are already dying. There should be someone to water them until they have survived long enough to be able to grow without much nurturing.

I think they should also use POP to cover the exposed metal surfaces of the superstructure. Although, I think they will do that after installing and welding all the signs and screen holders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
Landmack:

you're always shouting on this thread..u lack basic nettiquette,honestly.

This is rude..stop shouting

IF I TALK, U ATTACK ME, WHAT DO YOU AIM TO ACHIEVE?

THAT I WILL RUN AWAY AND LEAVE IGBO LAND FOR YOU OR ANAMBRA STATE?

EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD MUST HAVE NOTICED THAT EACH TIME, I MAKE A POST, HE WILL USE ONE OF HIS FAKE MONIKER TO ATTACK ME.

A COWARD THAT CANNOT USE HIS MAIN MONIKER?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 5:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
ANYWAY, MOST OF THE ITEMS HERE CAN BE PRODUCED LOCALLY AND TOP QUALITY.

WE EVEN NOW HAVE INETERIOR DESIGN EXPERTS IN NIGERIA THAT CAN BRING THIS PICTURES TO LIFE.

WATEVA THAT IS LEFT, THE CHINESE CAN SUPPLY.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2021
hammer567:

IF I TALK, U ATTACK ME, WHAT DO YOU AIM TO ACHIEVE?

THAT I WILL RUN AWAY AND LEAVE IGBO LAND FOR YOU OR ANAMBRA STATE?

EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD MUST HAVE NOTICED THAT EACH TIME, I MAKE A POST, HE WILL USE ONE OF HIS FAKE MONIKER TO ATTACK ME.

A COWARD THAT CANNOT USE HIS MAIN MONIKER?
I am simply saying that Your using of uppercase to post on this thread is actually disturbing and rude. Stop it.

@ the funny emboldened, I really don’t understand u. Who’s chasing u from igboland?grin

Hope all is well @ home?!

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
ChiefOtunist:

If na another person brought this up, you will be the first to remind him that this is an Anambra thread, not a Delta thread.
How is Ejison's Asaba Night Club a development in Anambra?

Is J.J Ejison not from Anambra state?

So that been discussed here is in order.

Be guided.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Landmack:

I am simply saying that Your using of uppercase to post on this thread is actually disturbing and rude. Stop it.

@ the funny emboldened, I really don’t understand u. Who’s chasing u from igboland?grin

Hope all is well @ home?!

ok, i will use lowercase, it is just a bad habbit. grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:13pm On Dec 28, 2021
And if you’re referring to internal auditor aka Leceistercampergrin...I don’t really know what must have transpired between u two in d past. Maybe u (abuzz aka Mktinsight) send him a pm to settle issuesgrin. Because I still don’t know why your comment is always being singled out and trashed here.

Prolly,u must have troubled this thread so much sometimes in the past.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 6:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
hammer567:

ok, i will use lowercase, it is just a bad habbit. grin

Okay. But hope u didn’t use uppercase in typing your final project work in school then?grin

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by ebufa: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ceegar01:
They are done with that terminal for now the finishing would have been possible if obiano still has more time but for now let's forget it. The most painful part is the landscaping along the terminal building and car park, what of covering of the drains, I would have preferred they install a ceiling on that terminal or at least paint the roofing but all na war, I've said it here before anything worth doing is worth doing well the airport finishing is not satisfactory period!

I agree wholeheartedly, that terminal looks a bit tacky and unfinished but more instructively, the escalators,lifts, and avio-bridges are nowhere to be found coupled with the fire trucks promised!...........Obiano should take care to finish this laudable project with aplomb instead of criticisms.

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
ebufa:

I agree wholeheartedly, that terminal looks a bit tacky and unfinished but more instructively, the escalators,lifts, and avio-bridges are nowhere to be found coupled with the fire trucks promised!...........Obiano should take care to finish this laudable project with aplomb instead of criticisms.

truth is anything he leaves will be forgotten by soludo.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 6:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
hammer567:

truth is anything he leaves will be forgotten by soludo.

It's so funny when people talk about continuity soludo is coming with his own advisers who will rather advise him to build something to be remembered with instead of completing that terminal
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 6:39pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ceegar01:

It's so funny when people talk about continuity soludo is coming with his own advisers who will rather advise him to build something to be remembered with instead of completing that terminal

Soludo is not a fool, that airport and conference centre are Obiano Legacy.

Soludo will need to build his own or be remembered as a complete failure.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 6:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
Obiano commissioned awka township stadium today nobody get mind post am abi una no like the project?
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
You are beginning to constitute nuisance here, did you buy data for anyone to post anything for you? Why not post it yourself if you think no one has posted it.

Ceegar01:
Obiano commissioned awka township stadium today nobody get mind post am abi una no like the project?

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2021
Awka city stadium

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 6:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ceegar01:

That thing should not qualify as a stadium, their should be another name for it.

3 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Ceegar01: 7:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
leicestercamper:
You are beginning to constitute nuisance here, did you buy data for anyone to post anything for you? Why not post it yourself if you think no one has posted it.

Lol imagine saying i constitute nuisance here you and biafrarep or whatever wasted almost three pages posting nonsense while everyone waited for you guys to end before we came back if you are not happy with people derailing thread while do it to others.
Kachifo!

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
First Football tournament held today at the Awka City Stadium!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by leicestercamper: 7:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Shut up that's not the point. You said nobody posted the stadium pictures, and I asked why didn't you post it since no one posted it? Is your phone broken or you don't have data to post?

[s]
Ceegar01:

ol imagine saying i constitute nuisance here you and biafrarep or whatever wasted almost three pages posting nonsense while everyone waited for you guys to end before we came back if you are not happy with people derailing thread while do it to others.
Kachifo!
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by hammer567: 7:14pm On Dec 28, 2021
Obiano tried to make himself a first, in building certain infrastructure for Anambra State. Kudos to him on that, but this is not a befitting stadium for Ndi-Anambra.

We aspire to build something even better than the one in Akwa Ibom.

Anambra leads and others follow, as per light of the nation status.

Unto the next one.

2 Likes

Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by Landmack: 7:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ceegar01:

what type of stupid statement is this? U have been throwing subtle shade concerning the stadium...I don’t really know what ur problem is. When Chino starts dealing with you now,u will start ranting here on how pple want to chase u from igboland.

Be guided pls.
Re: Update on developments in Anambra state-photos by OreMI22: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2021
I love the fact that Obiano commissioned this project on December 28th, 2021 as promised.

As he already indicated, whatever work is still outstanding will continue after the commissioning. This means the car park and other works can continue.

Monimichelle really delayed this project hoping for endless contract reviews, and almost messed Obiano up. Using the oldest trick employed by a typical Nigerian contractor which is to give a litany of excuses why nothing was done so as to endlessly delay the completion of a project and thus demand upwards review of contracts due to inflation. My regret is that Monimichelle was rewarded by giving them the maintenance contract for the pitch.

Hopefully, they will acquire adequate land along the new Anambra Intl. airport dual carriageway to build the Olympic Anambra international stadium. That site will be the best location for the state's Olympic stadium as it will be easily accessible and almost equidistant from Awka or Onitsha. The Awka City Stadium will continue to be used for sports development for the number of years that the new state Olympic stadium is under construction.

Like Ebonyi state is building its Olympic stadium in the Ochiudo city even though it has a basic stadium within Abakaliki city. It will cost about the same to build the Anambra international stadium, than to add up to 30,000 sitting capacity in the Awka City stadium. Moreover, it allows Anambra to have a standard stadium in Awka and an International Olympic stadium for hosting major sporting events in one arena.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) ... (1321) (Reply)

Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.