Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales (7761 Views)

NAICOM Increases Third Party Motor Insurance By 200% To ₦‎15,000 / Hunger For ₦72m Urus SUV Push Lamborghini To A Record 4,553 Half-year Sales / 20 Amazing Facts About Kia Cars You May Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by edunwablog: 6:46am On Dec 22, 2017
Kia Motors Nigeria has recorded increased sales in 2017 with over 200 per cent year-on-year sales from 2016.Besides, the company said it is set to triple its sales in 2018 with a sustained comprehensive business strategy.

According to the company, the increased sales followed the country’s economic recovery from the recession that had hitherto stagnated all the sectors of the economy particularly, car sales in 2016. The business strategy and the extensive customer-based sales and service programs broke the ice and paved way for a record high year-on-year sales.

Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors Nigeria, Jacky Hathiramani, said: “With our strategic business propositions, we are set to triple sales by expanding our units in operations (UIO) with increased new sales in the in the year 2018,” said.Speaking on the increased sale, Jacky alluded said Kia had always stay ahead of the curve with the top of the segment cars that have low maintenance costs and are affordable to the customers.

It will be recalled that there was an offshoot in the prices of products across all sectors of the economy amidst low buying power; however, Jacky maintained that Kia’s commitment to offering highly competitive pricing on its models played a major role in the record sales.He said the automobile company is poised to sustain the sales growth by introducing new models to the market and offering a highly competitive pricing on all their models.

Jacky said he’s confident that the second half of 2017 (2H17)’s sales momentum can be sustained into the 1H18, and this would help the company achieve better results over last year. “There’s an increased sale in the last six months compared with the same period last year. So, we project increased sales in 2018,”

Meanwhile, among the aggressive sales initiatives undertaken by the company in 2017 was Kia drive your dream and ember surprise promos. The company’s service promos also contributed immensely to the overall revenue for the company. The introduction of Kia double deal promo with over 15 per cent discount on both parts and labour recorded tremendous success and helped increase Kia brand confidence among customers. “These programmes increased our customer retention and loyalty towards the brand,” Jacky said.

He added that the company is set to introduce new models in the year 2018, headlining these models will be the world adjudged best-in-class luxury sedan, Kia Stinger, the B-Segment leader, SC Kia Rio and newly refreshed Kia Cerato amongst others.

On the general low stock level pervading the industry, he said the company was currently facing a high back order for some models, and was looking forward to assembling the cars at its plant in Lagos, Nigeria before the year-end.

It will be recalled that Kia Motors Nigeria began its local production in the wake of the implementation of the auto policy in 2014. The company built an ultra-modern assembly plant in Lagos with a capacity to produce 27,000 units of vehicles per annum.

Locally producing cars to the exact standard of Kia Motors Corporations in Korea, Kia Motors Nigeria currently produces the cars locally and the 2018 Kia Rio in addition to the recently launched Sorento, Sportage and Optima are produced in its plant in Lagos.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/12/kia-nigeria-records-200-year-on-year.html

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by agwom(m): 6:48am On Dec 22, 2017
good one

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by eTECTIVe(m): 6:50am On Dec 22, 2017
And where are cars dey sold? Becos I'm yet to see it on Nigerian roads

15 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by MrHistorian: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2017
Who buys from them if not Politicians and internet fraudsters?? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by NwaAmaikpe: 7:45am On Dec 22, 2017
shocked

I honestly doubt this sales declaration.
Those who know will know why I doubt it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by StTrump: 7:46am On Dec 22, 2017
shocked
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by ladeb: 7:48am On Dec 22, 2017
money moves
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by NothingDoMe: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2017
eTECTIVe:
I agree. Especially with the cost of those cars.

2 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by baski92(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2017
Na for their pocket be that, how e take affect meself
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by webincomeplus(m): 7:49am On Dec 22, 2017
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by luvinhubby(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2017
edunwablog:
Kia Motors Nigeria has recorded increased sales in 2017 with over 200 per cent year-on-year sales from 2016.Besides, the company said it is set to triple its sales in 2018 with a sustained comprehensive business strategy.

According to the company, the increased sales followed the country’s economic recovery from the recession that had hitherto stagnated all the sectors of the economy particularly, car sales in 2016. The business strategy and the extensive customer-based sales and service programs broke the ice and paved way for a record high year-on-year sales.

Chief Executive Officer, Kia Motors Nigeria, Jacky Hathiramani, said: “With our strategic business propositions, we are set to triple sales by expanding our units in operations (UIO) with increased new sales in the in the year 2018,” said.Speaking on the increased sale, Jacky alluded said Kia had always stay ahead of the curve with the top of the segment cars that have low maintenance costs and are affordable to the customers.

It will be recalled that there was an offshoot in the prices of products across all sectors of the economy amidst low buying power; however, Jacky maintained that Kia’s commitment to offering highly competitive pricing on its models played a major role in the record sales.He said the automobile company is poised to sustain the sales growth by introducing new models to the market and offering a highly competitive pricing on all their models.

Jacky said he’s confident that the second half of 2017 (2H17)’s sales momentum can be sustained into the 1H18, and this would help the company achieve better results over last year. “There’s an increased sale in the last six months compared with the same period last year. So, we project increased sales in 2018,”

Meanwhile, among the aggressive sales initiatives undertaken by the company in 2017 was Kia drive your dream and ember surprise promos. The company’s service promos also contributed immensely to the overall revenue for the company. The introduction of Kia double deal promo with over 15 per cent discount on both parts and labour recorded tremendous success and helped increase Kia brand confidence among customers. “These programmes increased our customer retention and loyalty towards the brand,” Jacky said.

He added that the company is set to introduce new models in the year 2018, headlining these models will be the world adjudged best-in-class luxury sedan, Kia Stinger, the B-Segment leader, SC Kia Rio and newly refreshed Kia Cerato amongst others.

On the general low stock level pervading the industry, he said the company was currently facing a high back order for some models, and was looking forward to assembling the cars at its plant in Lagos, Nigeria before the year-end.

It will be recalled that Kia Motors Nigeria began its local production in the wake of the implementation of the auto policy in 2014. The company built an ultra-modern assembly plant in Lagos with a capacity to produce 27,000 units of vehicles per annum.

Locally producing cars to the exact standard of Kia Motors Corporations in Korea, Kia Motors Nigeria currently produces the cars locally and the 2018 Kia Rio in addition to the recently launched Sorento, Sportage and Optima are produced in its plant in Lagos.

http://www.akelicious.com/2017/12/kia-nigeria-records-200-year-on-year.html

This is false.

The greatest patrons for new vehicles are the corporate world and we know that the mega ones like banks have drastically reduced or outrightly stopped the purchase of new vehicles and have resorted to fleet maintainance more than fleet replacement.

5 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Agbaletu: 7:50am On Dec 22, 2017
#TeamKia
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Macgreat(m): 7:50am On Dec 22, 2017
shocked

Please pay your Taxes
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by jbreezy: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2017
J
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Agbaletu: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2017
eTECTIVe:
Come to Abuja

9 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by jbreezy: 7:52am On Dec 22, 2017
Whr dem sell am na food??

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Macgreat(m): 7:52am On Dec 22, 2017
Agbaletu:

Come to Abuja

Hmm. . . you see it there
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Financialfree: 7:53am On Dec 22, 2017
I haven't seen much of kia motors on the Nigerian roads

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by vertueptime: 7:55am On Dec 22, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Kaduna and lagos state governments bought then may b feww other states

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Caseless: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2017
Sai baba

See the enemies of Nigeria who would definitely believe if the news was the other way around.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Here's another one...

luvinhubby:

This is false. The greatest patrons for new vehicles are the corporate world and we know that the mega ones like banks have drastically reduced or outrightly stopped the purchase of new vehicles and have resorted to fleet maintainance more than replacement.

4 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by BTT(m): 8:11am On Dec 22, 2017
How did overpriced Toyota fare this year?
I just want to know

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Caseless: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2017
BTT:
How did overpriced Toyota fare this year?

I just want to know
they sold more tokunbo this year.

8 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Prestige16(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2017
Oh, really!! I can literally count all the kia vehicles available my location so where were the cars sold?

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by luvinhubby(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2017
Caseless:
Sai baba

See the enemies of Nigeria who would definitely believe if the news was the other way around.

Here's another one...

You are a political jobber, i am an automobile businessman, one is definitely more knowledgeable on this, and that is not you.

6 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by ndigbo: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2017
You record 200% sales, yet you put all your staff on contract without good pay .......

2 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by lilfreezy: 8:40am On Dec 22, 2017
eTECTIVe:

Its a promotional stunt, just to get people to pay attention to kia wink

1 Like

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by NPComplete: 8:49am On Dec 22, 2017
Caseless:
Sai baba

Here's another one...

**sigh**

Some people are just steeped in ignorance that everything is seen from a political lens.
Someone made an observation and instead of u to counter with your own facts and proof and make it an intellectual discussion, you have quickly declared him an enemy of Nigeria.

And u think u are a friend of Nigeria this way? A way where every public debate is turned into a battle with enemies helps Nigeria how?

The real enemies of Nigeria are those who won't tolerate dissent and would rather kill every voice that question their methods instead of improving themselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by holluwai(m): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2017
Caseless:
they sold more tokunbo this year.

Epic!
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by GavelSlam: 9:56am On Dec 22, 2017
Why are some people disaapointed.

A private company reported that it did more business this year than the previous why the doubts.

You'd rather hear business flattened or went into retardation?

2 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Caseless: 10:26am On Dec 22, 2017
NPComplete:

**sigh**

Some people are just steeped in ignorance that everything is seen from a political lens.
Someone made an observation and instead of u to counter with your own facts and proof and make it an intellectual discussion, you have quickly declared him an enemy of Nigeria.

And u think u are a friend of Nigeria this way? A way where every public debate is turned into a battle with enemies helps Nigeria how?

The real enemies of Nigeria are those who won't tolerate dissent and would rather kill every voice that question their methods instead of improving themselves.

This report is false, but if it's turned to the caption: Kia recorded lowest sales due to bad economy and policies , I'm sure you'd have incredulously accepted. You see why you and those other guys are hypocrites?

Tell me, where should we get the true statistics from, you or them?

2 Likes

Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Caseless: 10:28am On Dec 22, 2017
luvinhubby:

You are a political jobber, i am an automobile businessman, one is definitely more knowledgeable on this, and that is not you.
so, you now speak on behalf of Kia ? Or we should ignore their statement and adopt your own?
Re: Kia Nigeria Records 200% Year-on-year Sales by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 22, 2017
eTECTIVe:

MrHistorian:
Who buys from them if not Politicians and internet fraudsters?? undecided

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is how you know guys that live in face me I face you in one dirty remote village

Anyone who works in Victoria island or Ikoyi axis will agree that it's insane the number for Kia and Hyundai cars one sees in traffic nowadays.

Funny enough I was telling my driver this same thing last week. Kia are really selling g like mad.

Now back to these embarrassing examples of Nigerian men. Please next time if you have nothing to say or are not sure just shut up and don't make a fool of yourself again

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Been Mislead By A Car Advert? / How Much Is A Camry Pencil / Ford Working On Pothole Warning System For Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.