Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Help!! Business Or School? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help!! Business Or School? (10008 Views)

Business Or Building A House / Self Development/skill Or School. (advise Me) / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Amberon11: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2017
Let me ask you. Would you let your child go and do nwa boy in this modern age? If No then don't advice another person to.
Nowenuse:

Yes, this is only for the unlucky ones. If the OP is lucky and gets a good oga. By the time he has been settled ehn, he would be far richer than his educated mates who would have just been finishing NYSC or with their worn out shoes looking for jobs on the streets of Nigeria walking everywhere with their CVs.

I know what am telling you. We who went to school are still either looking for or struggling hard where to fit in, but i know some nwa boys who left to serve oga same time with us that are now big boys with million naira businesses.
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by kellykoko(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Take the business but make sure it's a good master who will settle you. Education is way overrated in Nigeria.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by johnmarcel(m): 12:27pm On Dec 23, 2017
Chykeboss:
is a complicated issue try and discuss with your pastor if it still dosen't work out just follow ur heart. my 1cent. may the force be wit you
also tell pastor to tell u when to eat
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by King44(m): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
brosthink:
I'm in a crossroad in making a decision that may make or mar my future. Due to some financial difficulties in my family my parent said i should go and serve apprenticeship 'nwa boy' popular among the igbos and after serving for like 6 to 7years my master will settle me depending on how i serve him and will begin a business of my own, but at the same time i still have interest in school and whichever way can support and finance myself through school this argument has lasted for a week now and i don't know which way to go.

Pls NLders i need your opinion and advice on this will really appreciate with the comments
go for the apprenticeship make some money, do a business related course part time, reinvest ur knowledge and upgrade your business and make more money, sounds easy but hard, take a step the rest will be stories with determination
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by onyeekul001(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2017
Money is a big factor that you have to put into consideration if you are going to school. so i will advice you to look for a monthly paid job i.e woking as a sales boy for a businessman that deals with the type of business you are interested in, at the end weather things turnout good or bad, you will be at the gaining end ( u have gotten expirence of the business and some good cash in hand) and not on the lose end( not having any thing show).
You may also consider the option of handwork, because most of handwork we have around, you can learn it within a short time range of 3 year(not one nwaboyee that u are not certain of your settlement after a whole 7 years of hard labour) and once you are good on what you learned, even the deviel can not stop your shine bro.
I will end by saying that " nwa boyee does not have guarantee", this days we have more wicked master who will jst use you and dump you at the dying minute or jst give small change of #150000 to #200000 after 7 years of hard labour.

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by BOLDSTEP00(m): 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2017
[i][/i][i][/i]I will advice you to have an agreement with your master, tell him to give you an opportunity for you to apply as a part-time student, so that you will be going school friday and saturday (instead of u to serve him 7yrs, try to serve him 8yrs).
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Raheemzzy99: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2017
I will advice you since you can write and write look for a better graphic designer to learn from him....explain to him with the little money you have surely u will meet a better person...if u are in ABJ call this Line will help u out 09072759680
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by labelle123(f): 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2017
follow your heart some of these ogas can be so wicked to the extend that at the end of the day they will not settle you instead they will accuse you of stealing their money
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by ultrarich: 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2017
My little advice for you, Pls go to school and try to do some little hustle after school hour. Its gonna be difficult but at the end of the whole thing, you will be glad you did. Even you end up doing business, your approach will always be different a literate. Mind you, schooling is not the four walls but how much knowledge you can acquire and implement. GOOD LUCK grin

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by CaptainFM1: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2017
brosthink:
I'm in a crossroad in making a decision that may make or mar my future. Due to some financial difficulties in my family my parent said i should go and serve apprenticeship 'nwa boy' popular among the igbos and after serving for like 6 to 7years my master will settle me depending on how i serve him and will begin a business of my own, but at the same time i still have interest in school and whichever way can support and finance myself through school this argument has lasted for a week now and i don't know which way to go.

Pls NLders i need your opinion and advice on this will really appreciate with the comments

Choose both.
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by tunary(m): 5:42pm On Dec 23, 2017
Go for business first later on you go for a partime program. Business 1st before schooling
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Engineermbugame(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
jamex93:
it's better you learn a trade (hand work) than to serve any master in expectation that he will settle you with fund to set up your self after years or service.

learning work will cost you less time and stress
in 3 to 4 years you should be ready to stand on your own, depending on wat you learn

after which you can decide to enrol for sch( if u still think you need the certificate)

Education is over rated and not given proper place in this our country
nice one ……
u said it all i learn hand skills before continue with school
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by jamex93(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2017
Engineermbugame:
nice one ……
u said it all i learn hand skills before continue with school

Yea sure, talking from experience

sch took most of my time today am not yet a graduate yet am into video making

sometimes I wish had know in time I would have concentrate more on video making than sch

thank God it's not too late for me

1 Like

Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Engineermbugame(m): 11:17pm On Dec 23, 2017
jamex93:

Yea sure, talking from experience

sch took most of my time today am not yet a graduate yet am into video making

sometimes I wish had know in time I would have concentrate more on video making than sch

thank God it's not too late for me
some of my school mate are in final year ,well i didn't regret itatall ,my skills pay my school fees ,even get connection with big men ,only my fear is dat some are into drugs
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by jamex93(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Engineermbugame:
some of my school mate are in final year ,well i didn't regret itatall ,my skills pay my school fees ,even get connection with big men ,only my fear is dat some are into drugs

u have Ntn to fear, just face your work and do it well

be happy you have good connections...

God bless you
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Engineermbugame(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2017
jamex93:

u have Ntn to fear, just face your work and do it well
be happy you have good connections...
God bless you
hehe …… my minds de for abroad oo
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by jamex93(m): 11:32pm On Dec 23, 2017
Engineermbugame:
hehe …… my minds de for abroad oo

that one na small thing
just make sure you put things in order
don't just leave naija hoping, place things in order and work towards it
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Engineermbugame(m): 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2017
jamex93:

that one na small thing

just make sure you put things in order

don't just leave naija hoping, place things in order and work towards it
daz is connection ……
legit bizness
don't need illegal biz
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by jamex93(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2017
Engineermbugame:
daz is connection …… legit bizness don't need illegal biz

exactly
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by Ugbavihi: 2:49am On Dec 24, 2017
Guy go join business oo.. Telling you from personal life experience, some of my secondary school mates i wrote ssce with that joined business are in money, and some of them after making money went back for their degree, while i the decisive graduate is still roaming around Naija in search of job......
Say no to education before business, Agree to business before education....
Re: Help!! Business Or School? by incomeboostng: 1:01pm On Oct 04, 2018
business first

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Are Sacked Or Fired? / How Can I Collect My Employment Letter From My Employer / 5 Major Keys To Being The Perfect Boss

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.