Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? (18597 Views)

Should I Accept The New Job Offer??? / Should I Accept The Job Offer From Him Or Not? Pls Help! / Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by MZTEMAR(f): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2017
Sure u can go for d job
I was also placed on 3mths probation
Now am more than 2yrs old

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by famousbowale: 7:47am On Dec 29, 2017
Yes, accept it

I was on probation when I started working with my present organization 4 yrs ago. But my was 6 month which was even more than enough.

Just believe in yourself and give it all (your mind, your head and your hand)

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 29, 2017
BabaIbo:
Help, I just got a job but my employer told me I will be put on a 3-month probation before being fully taken as a staff.
meanwhile I will only be given an allowance during the course of the probation and my full induction as a staff will depend on my performance.
I need an advice on what to do since am new to the employment wirld, so I won't take the wrong step please

I took an internship for 12 months (that's like 12 months probation) with my shinny new MSc.. why would I be doing an internship. But you won't believe the offers that came after I finished. Take it, get the experience and the exposure. It's just 3 months after all.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Stallione(m): 7:57am On Dec 29, 2017
No dnt accept it,go back home n be sleeping.U got a job in dis zoo country and ua still asking if u shld not accept the 3months probation only.Seems u enjoy lavishing data for nothing sake......

2 Likes

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Favor16: 7:59am On Dec 29, 2017
Take your job offer be a loyal and obedient staff and God will help you to succeed don't reject that job for goodness sake.
BabaIbo:
Help, I just got a job but my employer told me I will be put on a 3-month probation before being fully taken as a staff.
meanwhile I will only be given an allowance during the course of the probation and my full induction as a staff will depend on my performance.
I need an advice on what to do since am new to the employment wirld, so I won't take the wrong step please

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Veloxnewsdotcom: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
After his successful sold out show on Wednesday,Davido hung out with his daughter at home .
His babymama,Sophia shared videos of him crawling with Imade on his back.

Link: https://www.veloxnews.com/daddy-duties-davido-goofs-around-with-daughter-imade/

#Veloxnews
Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Goodpeoplegreat: 8:01am On Dec 29, 2017
Go ahead with the job.
Make sure you understand your KPIs and work hard towards achieving them.

All the best... Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Kwenty: 8:02am On Dec 29, 2017
Employers in this country are just using the helpless situation of lack of employment to frustrate job seekers. No doubt that most structured organisations has a policy of probation period but salary should be fully paid or a reasonable amount and not allowance. I am not surprised at the comments here because Nigeria graduates has been dealt with in terms of job that many are ready to take anything.
Please ask questions on their pay package, staff welfare and other working conditions before taking up the offer. Some yeye organisations after the 3 months cheap labour probation period will cook up stories and kick you out claiming you did not perform.

5 Likes

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by mousco(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2017
In some companies u do probation or casual for 6months

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2017
Many wrong responses here all predicated on you selling your dignity because the economic situation in the country is bad.

A job is an agreement to trade your skills and time for emolument. If you are working for free then you don't have a job.
The probationary period is to allow for time to prove that there is a fit between you and the company without legally committing either party. It does not include unpaid service.

Any good manager should know that an entry level staffer needs funds and should be supported as much as possible. That is why big companies grant clothing, housing, transport and other allowances. Not all companies are equally buoyant but that should not be used as an excuse for maltreating staff.
The issue here as I see it, is not allowances, but that they are not even prepared to pay you a salary.

Based on my personal experience in and observations of the Nigerian work space, I can assure you that any organization that can ask this of you, will unpleasantly surprise you in the future. In fact I can guarantee it.

Go back to the MD or HR whichever is applicable. Explain to him / her that your financial situation will not permit you to work for free. Gauge his / her response. It will give you an indication of what to expect from the company.

In the final analysis it's solely your decision to accept or reject the 'offer'. Perhaps there are peculiar advantages to be gained or skills to be acquired from this arrangement. If so, you can bend the arrangement to work to your advantage. If not, continue your job search.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 29, 2017
BabaIbo:
If you have been unemployed, I don't see the big deal. Look at what you will be learning.

Most Probations last at least 6 months - and take even longer to confirm. So be ready to be just hanging for a longer period. Looking back I realize that the jobs I ever got with the worst working conditions had more to offer in terms of experience.

But if you are in a better place right now, just decline

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Ccdavies(m): 8:15am On Dec 29, 2017
BabaIbo:

If you have nothing doing now that is giving you money and making you productive, then take it.. Use these opportunity well CU's it therefore mean your interview session ain't over yet ! So be careful ,pray and give ur best and may ur village people not see you! Amen.. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Em5(m): 8:16am On Dec 29, 2017
BabaIbo:

This is quite normal in most white collar jobs. I served 6 months probation, today I'm a full staff. Just give your best and leave the rest for God.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by M3A16(m): 8:17am On Dec 29, 2017
Yes, it is a normal thing but try and be vigilant, observant and sensitive to happenings within and around the coy during this period and most importantly put in your best for the company all the time and pray at the same time.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Jokkarm2: 8:19am On Dec 29, 2017
LET THEM DEFINE YOUR SALARY FOR YOU AND LET THEM GIVE YOU LETTER STATING THE CONDITIONS. PROBATION IS NORMAL.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by ksbusari(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2017
u r probablyk nt happy u r on probation? abi? my own topic comes up soon and u will for sure thank God. just to brief u. i served in a government agency for 3 years, 1 year as a volunteer and 2 as a contract staff and av been a given an appointment as a watchman. so?

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 29, 2017
If you like don't accept it, as if Buhari will create employment in 2018 and you will be employed with full benefits.

Since you have decided not to acquire a skill, and good jobs are scarce, your name na sorry

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2017
OP,

If you are currently unemployed, its a no-brainer.

However, if you have a job you wanna leave for that one, think twice, o!

Especially if those nappy-haired demons called Indians are involved.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by lakesidetsnl(m): 8:32am On Dec 29, 2017
Hope ur employer are not Indians? If yes,all na scope. No fall for dr tricks. Take d job if u have nothing doing.Meanwhile don't relent.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by scalamy: 8:33am On Dec 29, 2017
Do you presently have a job? If no,grab the job. Can the allowance cover your feeding and transportation?if yes, grab the job. Three months is not much.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by calyto: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2017
Three months probation period is reasonable.

Except if you think that you will misbehave

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by optimisticson: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2017
tho half buredi is beta dan none buh d terms attached to d probation is not cool,i got a job here in Ghana in July wit same 3 months probation ish buh I was paid fully until d 3 month elapsed. ur employer no get church mind coz d work u gon' do during dis probation period is d same thing u'll do after it,I.e if by His grace u get fully employed after d 3 months. abeg tel ur employer to reconsider. he or she shud pay u fully.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Diso60090(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2017
Nothing New here is like that every where in the world some companies will have to watch you for some reason best know to them where i work you will be given 1 month contract for one year after that if the company is cool with your working they will now give you life contract angry

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Nuezha(m): 8:50am On Dec 29, 2017
BabaIbo:

I got a job like that sometimes in 2009 at a consulting firm in Kaduna. I was placed on 2 months probation period with a salary of 50k, and was housed in a 2bed paid for and furnished by the firm.

But after the 2 months I got another letter extending the probation by another 2 month. I replied the letter and rejected the extension. I WAS LET GO. I have no regret at all for my action.

Accept the offer, do your best to impress your employer but don't become a victim of modern slavery.

2 Likes

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by So101: 8:51am On Dec 29, 2017
Sure! Only if you know how to behave.

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by BabaIbo: 9:07am On Dec 29, 2017
sinola:

why not...grab it bro....nothing good comes that easy and please don't grudge or show discomfort to their face cos you will be watched on 3D.
just put up a smiling face and do your thing...God will be with you...Amen

Thanks so much
Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by BabaIbo: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2017
famousbowale:
Yes, accept it

I was on probation when I started working with my present organization 4 yrs ago. But my was 6 month which was even more than enough.

Just believe in yourself and give it all (your mind, your head and your hand)

Thanks so much
Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by BabaIbo: 9:12am On Dec 29, 2017
Stallione:
No dnt accept it,go back home n be sleeping.U got a job in dis zoo country and ua still asking if u shld not accept the 3months probation only.Seems u enjoy lavishing data for nothing sake......

Smiles, I was a bit confused because my allowance(not my slary), I will be spending close to that on transport monthly excluding feeding.

I love the job and I'm ready to give it my best but look at the conditions I stated above is given me concern

1 Like

Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by BabaIbo: 9:14am On Dec 29, 2017
Nuezha:

I got a job like that sometimes in 2009 at a consulting firm in Kaduna. I was placed on 2 months probation period with a salary of 50k, and was housed in a 2bed paid for and furnished by the firm.

But after the 2 months I got another letter extending the probation by another 2 month. I replied the letter and rejected the extension. I WAS LET GO. I have no regret at all for my action.

Accept the offer, do your best to impress your employer but don't become a victim of modern slavery.

Thanks bro
Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by BabaIbo: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Diso60090:
Nothing New here is like that every where in the world some companies will have to watch you for some reason best know to them where i work you will be given 1 month contract for one year after that if the company is cool with your working they will now give you life contract angry
Thanks bro
Re: Help, Should I Accept The Condition Of 3 Months Probation For A New Job Or Not? by Ofemmanu1: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2017
Take is fast!
I'm in my third month of a 6months probation earning six figures salary every month.
probation is just a way to keep you in check.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is This USA Conference Invitation Genuine? / Dear New Hires, Stop Coming Into Organizations With Messiah Attitude. / Is Being An Introvert A Turnoff To Nigerian Employers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.