Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones (16610 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Apple Fined For Slowing Down Old Iphones / Apple Sued For Slowing Down Older Iphones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Badboiz:
I use iOS 11.2.1 on my iPhone 7 and it isn’t slowing down here oooo.. Are you guys sure it’s not China you are using?
You just got lucky, I’m using the 6 and it’s still pretty much good with decent battery life (though not the OEM standard)...I advise people updating to a newer OS to do a full restore using iTunes, it helps in removing any backlog bug from previous updates..
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Vacora(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2017
I had my Iphone 6 plus since release so had my phone for over 3 years now. Since the IOS11 update and subsequent releases to iron out bugs, my phone has become so unstable and glitchy. Safari is so slow, battery life is crap, apps unexpectly freeze or hang and call quality has plummeted. Called Apple yesterday, they carried out a diagnostic and said I need to replace my battery as it has been ‘consumed’ It will cost me from £79 at Apple Store and it should improve performance. It’s Christmas so I’ll wait to see if I’ll upgrade but I feel I am being forced to do one which is making me dig my heels in. I no gree upgrade for years now tongue Been with Apple since Iphone 3gs and never had issues around performance until IOS11.
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by iamjavadem(m): 7:59am On Dec 24, 2017
abdulaz:
I haven’t experienced any slowdown of apps on my 7 Plus, but I’m still keeping my fingers crossed. Just had the new update 11.2.1 few days back.
Olodo, did you even read the article? You just want to come and show off.

1 Like

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by donbenie(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2017
abdulaz:
I haven’t experienced any slowdown of apps on my 7 Plus, but I’m still keeping my fingers crossed. Just had the new update 11.2.1 few days back.
The 7 Plus and all later generation iPhones are not affected by the policy..YET...
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by maasoap(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2017
Kobicove:
Admitting to slowing down older models of their phones does not necessarily mean it was done with malicious intent undecided
Yes, it was done with malicious intent because they failed to inform their customers the solution thereby tricking them into buying new iPhones.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by donbenie(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2017
Kobicove:
Admitting to slowing down older models of their phones does not necessarily mean it was done with malicious intent undecided
And you really believe what you just typed..maybe you also believed Apple is such an honest company they wouldn't screw their customers over the next opportunity they got..
If they were so honest with no ulterior motives,how come they didn't let their customers know what they were doing before hand or give them an opt in option..thousands have had to buy new iPhones because of this and you think it was just an oversight on their part..

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by maasoap(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:
I had my Iphone 6 plus since release so had my phone for over 3 years now. Since the IOS11 update and subsequent releases to iron out bugs, my phone has become so unstable and glitchy. Safari is so slow, battery life is crap, apps unexpectly freeze or hang and call quality has plummeted. Called Apple yesterday, they carried out a diagnostic and said I need to replace my battery as it has been ‘consumed’ It will cost me from £79 at Apple Store and it should improve performance. It’s Christmas so I’ll wait to see if I’ll upgrade but I feel I am being forced to do one which is making me dig my heels in. I no gree upgrade for years now tongue Been with Apple since Iphone 3gs and never had issues around performance until IOS11.
Their increasing annual sales and profits are not enough for them anymore. So, they have to come up with fraudulent way to force out money from the pockets of their loyal customers. Pathetic!
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by OmoOshodi(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2017
Me wey still dey use iPhone 4 cry
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by donbenie(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2017
Badboiz:
I use iOS 11.2.1 on my iPhone 7 and it isn’t slowing down here oooo.. Are you guys sure it’s not China you are using?
The iPhone 7 is not among the targeted ones only the older generation,by next year yours will among..
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 24, 2017
akeentech:
Legal profession brings money more than any other profession in USA
Even just as a lecturer. . .they earn more than any other university professors.
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by FlintGuevara(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2017
Kobicove:
They were not transparent,in fact, they were being clever by half. Corporations are expected to fully disclose the pros and cons of whatever steps they take that will impact or likely impact on the end users of their products or the service(s) rendered by them.

1 Like

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Vacora(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2017
maasoap:

Their increasing annual sales and profits are not enough for them anymore. So, they have to come up with fraudulent way to force out money from the pockets of their loyal customers. Pathetic!

This proves the theory of using obsolence to coerce consumers into replacing products when they do not actually need. Phones basically do the same thing so why should I shell out just over £1000 for a phone? Hence why I was comfortable with my Iphone 6 plus until now. What the hell is going on at Apple? The dev team behind this deserve to be throttled. Go to the Apple community forum ‘boys’ are not smiling so not surprised about the lawsuit.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2017
akeentech:
Legal profession brings money more than any other profession in USA

I though its cosmetic surgery
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:

This proves the theory of using obsolence to coerce consumers into relacing products when they do not actually need. Phones basically do the same thing so why should I shell out just over £1000 for a phone? Hence why I was comfortable with my Iphone 6 plus until now. What the hell is going on at Apple? The dev team behind this deserve to be throttled. Go to the Apple community forum ‘boys’ are not smiling so not suprised about the lawsuit.
imagine! i have never bought and iphone, and will never buy any! android all the way!
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 24, 2017
nurshah:

I though its cosmetic surgery
yes! but not as much as lawsuits, Americans sue for everything, even for just saying hello! to them grin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 8:24am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
yes! but not as much as lawsuits, Americans sue for everything, even for just saying hello! to them grin

If they sue me for saying "hello" then it all over as I am gonna win that case
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

If they sue me for saying "hello" then it all over as I am gonna win that case
i dont think so! grin how?

1 Like

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Vacora(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
imagine! i have never bought and iphone, and will never buy any! android all the way!

Man’s looking at Iphone X or Samsung Note 8 but the contracts are pretty expensive. Brand loyalty does not pay these days. Never paid that much for a phone basically that the retail value for the phone was the price of my first car grin and man’s got responsibilties now so no splurging.
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 24, 2017
Vacora:

Man’s looking at Iphone X or Samsung Note 8 but the contracts are pretty expensive. Brand loyalty does not pay these days. Never paid that much for a phone basically that the retail value for the phone was the price of my first car grin and man’s got responsibilties now so no splurging.
I ain't paying for an iphone! just got meself a samsung J3 for £12 per month contract with 3 mobile, and that will do me fine!! grin grin Good luck with looking at Iphone X. yes! man's got responsibilities,

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
i dont think so! grin how?

You asking me how? Hello is not nothing,infact the court will personally discharge the accuse and u will be sued for damages sef... Except the American court has another interpretation to what I understand!

But I know.
If a man-a stranger-says, “How
are you this morning?” or “Have a nice evening
” to a woman-a stranger-on the street, we're to
interpret this as sexual harassment?

Other than this I don't think u can be jailed for mere "hello"
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

You asking me how? Hello is not nothing,infact the court will personally discharge the accuse and u will be sued for damages sef... Except the American court has another interpretation to what I understand!

But I know.
If a man-a stranger-says, “How
are you this morning?” or “Have a nice evening
” to a woman-a stranger-on the street, we're to
interpret this as sexual harassment?

Other than this I don't think u can be jailed for mere "hello"
yea! for your mind you would think so! that you can not be sued for saying hello! first of all did i ask you to say hello to me?
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
yea! for your mind you would think so! that you can not be sued for saying hello! first of all did i ask you to say hello to me?

Yeah I never said I can not be sued either!
And yeah u never asked me to say hello!

But then I can never go to jail for saying hello..

Wait ooo or maybe hello mean's a different thing entirely in America!
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:06am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
ñ

I never used force on u as to my hello!
Rather it was polite,if then the manner I used against the hello was opposite,then it will be clear...

Infact hello is not a crimegrin
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:08am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
I ain't paying for an iphone! just got meself a samsung J3 for £12 per month contract with 3 mobile, and that will do me fine!! grin grin Good luck with looking at Iphone X. yes! man's got responsibilities,

Money wey dem take they buy car's and land for nigeria na them take dey buy iphon x,na wa for pipu oogringrin

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:10am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:

Pipu need to dey reason well ooogrin
That money for iphon go buy,bags of rice,chikens,jar oil,tomatos and all for pipu wey no get,especially those village residents...

Dammm!
Wast of money!
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:
ñ

I never used force on u as to my hello!
Rather it was polite,if then the manner I used against the hello was opposite,then it will be clear...

Infact hello is not a crimegrin
wether polite or not, did i ask you to say hello to me? just answer the question! grin
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:14am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
wether polite or not, did i ask you to say hello to me? just answer the question! grin

U did not!grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

Pipu need to dey reason well ooogrin
That money for iphon go buy,bags of rice,chikens,jar oil,tomatos and all for pipu wey no get,especially those village residents...

Dammm!
Wast of money!
funny enough my daugter has the Iphone 8, her grandfather paid for it. she is 8 years old.
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Vacora(m): 9:15am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:

Allow it fam grin But seriously you have a point. It is not about keeping up with the Joneses or Adenugas, it is about what I can afford and will be satisfied with. Hence why Iphones served me well. Currently on a £19 monthly contract - SIM free grin I’ll get the X when they drop the price(highly unlikely until 2019) or when I trade in or get a huge discount or Christmas comes pretty early like right this minute tongue

2 Likes

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 24, 2017
Martin0:

U did not!grin
Good!! so i sue you for that! grin
Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:16am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
funny enough my daugter has the Iphone 8, her grandfather paid for it. she is 8 years old.

Ershocked u say wetin
Na wa oooo,that phone is abt 3hundred K in this street heregrin

Aaaaaaa see wahala oo
I wonder wetin ur pikin dey use dat kin phone dey do sef eh..

1 Like

Re: Apple Sued By More Than Three Federal Courts For Slowing Older Iphones by Martin0(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
Good!! so i sue you for that! grin

Eh eh,I wish u good luck!

Anytime I ready come london or America,please remember to sue me coz am gonna say that hello to yoùgrin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Shocked With What I Saw Today!!! / Why Snapchat May Not Survive Beyond 2019 / Tecno Spark ; Unboxing And First Impression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.