Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (25545 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by miket2(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
I remember my senior cousin took me to see a prophet about 7 years ago when I went to visit her .... to cut a long story short he told me the usual nonsense about "enemies not wanting me to succeed " etc...... afterward he gave me his bank details so i can make a donation towards some musical instruments for the church....

In the car on the way home my cousin asked when I was going to transfer the funds, i replied to her that if he were really a prophet he would have realised that I have no intention of giving him a penny ....

prophet = scammer

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:16pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
nothing! they are both crooks, who are in the business of selling false hopes to gullible, poverty stricken ignorant nigerians in the name of chritianity grin

may God have mercy on u
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by nickxtra(m): 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2017
Iseoluwani:

He has given us his spirit in a measure. So a pastor can operate in that office for a time not that is the attributes of a prophet.

Read

HE GAVE GIFTS UNTO MEN BY KENNETH HAGIN

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MORE
I don't need to refer to Hagin's work before you will attend to my curiosity!
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:

may God have mercy on u
you could handle the truth, could you? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by aremuforlife(m): 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
[/quote][quote author=Pierohandsome post=63565345]u dnt knw what u are saying. Oyedepo is not jst a prophet,but messenger of the covenant whose mandate is to liberate mankind frm all oppression of the devil. Africa is his territory
To be sincere with you really know what am saying, Bishop Oyedepo David is a preacher, a mentor, a teacher.which is different from a prophet. Prophets are made by God to foresee the future and the past and not to prophesy alone. Bishop Oyedepo can decree base on his commitment with almighty God and it will manifests but that does not make a prophet but preacher.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 12:19pm On Dec 24, 2017
nickxtra:
I don't need to refer to Hagin's work before you will attend to my curiosity!

I tot have answered bro
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:20pm On Dec 24, 2017
miket2:
I remember my senior cousin took me to see a prophet about 7 years ago when I went to visit her .... to cut a long story short he told me the usual nonsense about "enemies not wanting me to succeed " etc...... afterward he gave me his bank details so i can make a donation towards some musical instruments for the church....

In the car on the way home my cousin asked when I was going to transfer the funds, i replied to her that if he were really a prophet he would have realised that I have no intention of giving him a penny ....

prophet = scammer

Common sense has already told u, u met the wrong Prophect but don't generalize my brother, u haven't seen nothing. Bible has already told u such ppl are existing.

No real Prophect will demand cash from u, u will be the one running to him with cash or other valuables.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
you could handle the truth, could you? grin

Yes!

Who is with the truth, You, Me or God?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Trustworthiness: 12:23pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:
All these inconsequential questions are always up because childnowadaysf this age refuses to study Bible..

And is a shame no one here with meaningful answer and they claimed to be Christians. chai

Go and read 1Corinthian 12:1-14
You will unhderstand.

That is why scammers are scamming Christians of their hard earn money in the name of tithe. So, pastors of nowadays are from Christians of nowadays: scammers and the sheeples.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2017
aremuforlife:

To be sincere with you really know what am saying, Bishop Oyedepo David is a preacher, a mentor, a teacher.which is different from a prophet. Prophets are made by God to foresee the future and the past and not to prophesy alone. Bishop Oyedepo can decree base on his commitment with almighty God and it will manifests but that does not make a prophet but preacher.

Bishop according to the book of Titus MEANS a teacher, bishop oyedepo is foremost a teacher but God released the anointing of a prophet on him because of his desire to serve God. Coupled with the fact that HE CARRIES THE GIFT OF FAITH IN HIM.. THIS HAS ALLOWED TO DECREE USING FAITH AS THE ANCHOR OF HIS PROPHECIES WHICH WORLS TO THE GLORY OF GOD
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Trustworthiness: 12:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Common sense has already told u, u met the wrong Prophect but don't generalize my brother, u haven't seen nothing. Bible has already told u such ppl are existing.

No real Prophect will demand cash from u, u will be the one running to him with cash or other valuables.

But a true prophet will not collect those worldly things you said because they are not of benefit to him but a means to perish in the world.

See Matthew 19:16-downward. There is a message therein for people who want to enter the kindom of heaven by avoiding acquisition of wealth.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by enigmaticlion: 12:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Wrong

A pastor is a Shepard, to oversee the flock of God. A prophet must have 3 things to be regarded as a prophet

1. Discerning spirit
2. Words of wisdom
3. Words of prophecy

A pastor is foremost a teacher, and a preacher.

There is a difference between a seer and a prophet
God bless you Sir

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
Trustworthiness:

That is why scammers are scamming Christians of their hard earn money in the name of tithe. So, pastors of nowadays are from Christians of nowadays: scammers and the sheeples.

My brother, if u read and understand Bible very well no one will scam you as bible explicit false prophets, common sense and spirit of God (if you have it) will guide u.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Martin0(m): 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
nothing! they are both crooks, who are in the business of selling false hopes to gullible, poverty stricken ignorant nigerians in the name of chritianity grin

Gbamgringrin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by koolaid87: 12:33pm On Dec 24, 2017
I know pastor adeboye, oyedepo, kumuyi, korede kumaiya. etc

And I know prophet fela anikulapo kuti, prophet Bob nesta Marley, Prophet Tupac umaru sharkur.

Sabali
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by adahkennedy(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2017
A pastor is the shepherd of the saint which is one who maintains them so that they dont backslide......a pastor is concerned with spiritual growth of members.
A pastor is empathetic, approachable, a counsellor, a teacher and mentor.

A prophet is a seer from God that reveals the deep(unknown) to Gods people. He listens and hears from God thru visions.......He is comcerned with God than any other thing.
He is focused, demonstrative, strict and wise
One can be called into office of prophecy and pastoring by God so he operates both office but a prophet should not have a church but b under a pastor so as to strengthen the body of christ

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:43pm On Dec 24, 2017
Trustworthiness:

But a true prophet will not collect those worldly things you said because they are not of benefit to him but a means to perish in the world.

See Matthew 19:16-downward. There is a message therein for people who want to enter the kindom of heaven by avoiding acquisition of wealth.

Sometimes I wonder how some of us understand the Bible (am not perfect) Go and read the popular Psalm 23.

If I refuse your private jet u want to give me, how will I go to outermost part of the world and deliver a message come back that day to Europe and preach?

What the passage is saying is to avoid greed and distraction that may prevent u from entering into the kingdom of God. Wealth can mislead man, Jesus seeing him knows his capability, "give man money u will see his true being"

Christians, pastors, Prophect supposed be the richest in the world, Yes! Psalm 23, that why Solomon was the richest then.

God bless us according to his reaches in heaven. God is the creator of the whole universe so why should I be poor when my father is the owner of the world and things therein? He will show u secrete things in secrete places.

75% of Christians don't whom they are in Christ Jesus, that's why.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Pierohandsome: 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
aremuforlife:

i dnt knw what u are argueing.if there is anybody who has seen more future ,it Bishop Oyedepo. U think he is all those prophets that wil come to the pulpit to be speaking and be calling names of people b4 u knw they are prophets.

If u are following him well u wil knw that Oyedepo is not jst a prophet, but a prophet among proohets.

Aside frm the fact that he makes that statement often regarding his office, how do u knw prophets?

They have 3 gifts of the spirit at work in them -word of wisdom,word of knowledge, word of Prophecy(Revelational gifts) . Gift of power, (which is the word of faith which he preaches, gift of healing,the working of Miracles) And the gift of discerning of spirits.

That is the gifts at work in prophets which if u follow papa Oyedepo closely u wil see those gifts in him.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by kentebemoney: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pierohandsome:
i dnt knw what u are argueing.if there is anybody who has seen more future ,it Bishop Oyedepo. U think he is all those prophets that wil come to the pulpit to be speaking and be calling names of people b4 u knw they are prophets.

If u are following him well u wil knw that Oyedepo is not jst a prophet, but a prophet among proohets.

Aside frm the fact that he makes that statement often regarding his office, how do u knw prophets?

They have 3 gifts of the spirit at work in them -word of wisdom,word of knowledge, word of Prophecy(Revelational gifts) . Gift of power, (which is the word of faith which he preaches, gift of healing,the working of Miracles) And the gift of discerning of spirits.

That is the gifts at work in prophets which if u follow papa Oyedepo closely u wil see those gifts in him.

Bro's Abeg examples of his prophecy that came to pass.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Abee79(m): 12:58pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pastor = Shepherd
Prophet = Seer

*Sha, now these are mere nomenclatures and titles men use to aggrandize themselves. Most people who call themselves "Pastors" are not ready to serve any one as shepherd. They carry themselves around as Emperors and Lords over their helpless 'flock'. Most of those who call themselves "Prophets" actually 'see' nothing, except opportunities to deceive others!

God have mercy! cry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Pierohandsome: 1:06pm On Dec 24, 2017
kentebemoney:

this is whr u are getting it wrong. U mistake those people that wil start listing things that wil happen in 2017 or any other year as prophets. Is that how u judge ur own view of prophets.

That another person came to the media and be saying things that wil happen and Oyedepo doesnt do all those frivolities makes him less a proohet? How does those prophecy affect you personally.

Proohets are those sent to prepare God's people for His plan for the moment. If he says ' 2017 your case is different' , that is the message God sent him to deliver to His people, my case is different is not a slogan but a covenant for the people. If he says ' 2018 your new dawn'. That is the message for 2018. So he shows u ur own part of the Covenant to fulfill as directed by God for your case to be truly different

That somebody came and say 'there wil be plane crash for 2017 in Malaysia and it came to pass, is that what u mistake as been prophetic? Dnt mistake vision for prophecy anybody can have vision ,that doesnt make that person a prophet.

Prophets are agents of liberation, they execute the judgement written, and stand in gap for the pepple. That is what it means to be a prophet. Not one person that wil jst start saying things like Buhari wil win election, or there wil be bomb blast and u say that is a prophet. That is vision, and anybody filled in the spirit can have visions
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by mastermaestro(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pierohandsome:
u dnt knw what u are saying. Oyedepo is not jst a prophet,but messenger of the covenant whose mandate is to liberate mankind frm all oppression of the devil. Africa is his territory

Daft people piss me off! Shut up! Oyedepo is NOT a prophet! He is a pastor! Take correction instead being bold and recalcitrant in ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:

Yes!

Who is with the truth, You, Me or God?
look! i just gave my opinion on pastors and prophets, they are all crooks who are in the business of selling false hopes to ignorant and poverty stricken folks, who believes that one day their lives might get better, by buying this false hopes, it is my opinion afterall, you don't have to like it. grin suggesting that God should have mercy on me is just Ridiculous, because as you have asserted quite rightly, who is with the truth? grin we don't even know what God's opinion is on the these crooked so called pastors and prophets, and here you are defending these crooks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by SOFTENGR: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2017
akeentech:
One is a thief (pastor) while the other is a scammer (prophet).
You hit the nail on the head. grin grin grin

Gullible ones will come attacking.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pierohandsome:
u dnt knw what u are saying. Oyedepo is not jst a prophet,but messenger of the covenant whose mandate is to liberate mankind frm all oppression of the devil. Africa is his territory
you obviously have been brainwashed to the point of no return, who made these people pastors? have you ever met the devil?

these pastors are just crooked business men, who are hiding under the disguise of man of god! are you not a man of god? does God has specific people he calls his own?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by SOFTENGR: 1:31pm On Dec 24, 2017
kentebemoney:

T B Josh.
The next (now present) president of the US would be a woman, but it's a Man.

Prophecy = Scam gone wrong
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by DrMuzungu(m): 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2017
Most of the pastors I met are quite decent and honest people. On the other hand, most of "prophets" I know are just scammers. Preying on people in desperate need of a spiritual healing to get money for their cars, houses, jets.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Ojuororun(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2017
akeentech:
One is a thief (pastor) while the other is a scammer (prophet).
grin grin grin grin grin BEFORE OR NOWADAYS?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by kokomilala(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2017
In Old Testament times God raised prophets to speak with the people, in part , because the Bible had not yet been canonized. Pastors were not common then. There were priests who served at altars. Some priests also doubled as prophets. E.g, Samuel. However, in this age, and beginning from the time of John the Baptist, the title, pastor, began to grow prominence. Pastoring has to do with the pastoral relationship between sheep and their shepherds symbolically and practically. So, when people, critics cynically coined that word, SHEEPLE, they were subconsciously giving credence to the import of pastors.
In very simple terms, pastors are called to lead a flock of sheep, take care of them etc. Prophets, on the other hand, now that the Bible has been canonized, have a responsibility to speak God's Word and not theirs. However, God could still use them to speak to a people if they disobey His Word.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Martin0(m): 2:10pm On Dec 24, 2017
gypsey:
you obviously have been brainwashed to the point of no return, who made these people pastors? have you ever met the devil?

these pastors are just crooked business men, who are hinding under the disguise of man of god! are you not a man of god? does God has specific people he calls his own?

Well as u can see god has not called him yetgringrin
Maybe when god call him then he will be among them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. " / Five things Nigerian Pastors do / Nigerians, Road Accidents And The Blood Of Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.