Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,691 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (25540 Views)

Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / ''Thunder Uproots Fuel Tanks After Land Battle Btw Pastor And Businesman''. PICS / Photo Of A Pastor With Bulge Praying With A Lady Got People Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nutase: 11:37am On Dec 24, 2017
shocked
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Pierohandsome: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Pastors are teachers while prophets are messengers. Prophets are God's mouth piece, they speak to ur moment, they can kill and make alive.

Kumuyi is a teacher, Oyedepo is a prophet. Fear prophets, whn they speak they speak like oracles and they are dangerous
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Ezumakingsley(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2017
Homeboiy:
Onye ukochukwu na

onye Amuma

dear ukochukwu is a priest and not a pastor
A pastor is a formator,a mentor... A prophet is a messenger...
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:40am On Dec 24, 2017
akaahs:
To me ooo, i think is d way the individual sees himself or herself

Jesus is Lord.

Sometimes I wonder if these guys are Christians...
I pity this generation. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2017
Tolupage:
A pastor is a leader/shepherd who specializes in preaching and teaching the word. Jeremiah 3.15

A prophet is a seer whose calling us to receive spiritual messages from God and deliver to specific person/s Deuteronomy 18.18

join us at http://realgistforum.com

On point. But to add. You can be a seLler and not a prophet. But you can be a prophet with the anointing to be a seer too

He gave gifts unto men by Kenneth Hagin
How to be led by the Holy Spirit by Kenneth Hàgin
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by enemyofprogress: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2017
Mhizrohzz:
Enemyofprogress shud know Dis... Bia where is d man
nothing. Both of them wait on tithes

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by xtivin(m): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Its a calling,they differ in their way of operation. A pastor is like a spiritual shepherd that leads the church with his qualities.a prophet is a person with a spiritual gift of prophecy, they have ability to make words manifest according to their election of grace.a prophet does really care how you feel after his prophecy but a pastor who has a spiritual gift of prophecy will try to modify his prophecy in order to keep his sheep.pastors could also be a prophet depending on grace

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Homeboiy: 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Ezumakingsley:

dear ukochukwu is a priest and not a pastor
A pastor is a formator,a mentor... A prophet is a messenger...

Mtcheeew
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Daeylar(f): 11:41am On Dec 24, 2017
adepeter2027:
The differences are quite clear.

1. The digits of account balance. Ask TB-JOSH and Co..

2. The strategies, tactics, formations they employ in brainwashing the gullibles. Ask Adeboye and oyedepo

But they share only one thing in common sha - THEY'RE BOTH CRIMINALS

Na wa, you sef grin grin,
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:44am On Dec 24, 2017
enemyofprogress:
nothing. Both of them wait on tithes
Hahaha oh lawd.... I'll b praying for you
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by adepeter2027(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2017
Promiseisaac:
both of them are just like bet9a and surebet,
Summary >> dem be criminals

LoL

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by enemyofprogress: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2017
Mhizrohzz:

Hahaha oh lawd.... I'll b praying for you
pray for them not me

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Adeola1122: 11:51am On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:
All these inconsequential questions are always up because children of this age refuses to study Bible..

And is a shame no one here with meaningful answer and they claimed to be Christians. chai

Go and read 1Corinthian 12:1-14
You will understand.
n
Can you just explain in detail the christianian
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by emmazeey(m): 11:52am On Dec 24, 2017
Ipleawe dont be ignorant of this subject
Both of them arw office occupied by specific people to fulfill specific purpose in a specific area
Pastor nurture and Shepherd
Prophet are mouthpiece of God for immediate action

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Mhizrohzz(f): 11:54am On Dec 24, 2017
enemyofprogress:
pray for them not me
Na u o
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Omuneizzy6(m): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2017
they are all men of God. The only different is one forsee(Prophet) while other say the mind of God(Pastor) but this days because of money, they are now doing each others work... Pastor forsee and prophet too does pastor's work.... Bia mua na confuse
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by aremuforlife(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2017
[/quote][quote author=Pierohandsome post=63564665]Pastors are teachers while prophets are messengers. Prophets are God's mouth piece, they speak to ur moment, they can kill and make alive.

Kumuyi is a teacher, Oyedepo is a prophet. Fear prophets, whn they speak they speak like oracles and they are dangerous
Oyedepo is not a prophets but a Pastor that can prophesy but can not give prophesies but only make a declaration.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 11:56am On Dec 24, 2017
Adeola1122:
n Can you just explain in detail the christianian
Go to church u wont ...... Listen to reachers u won't Read bible u won't Pray u won't
And your here asking me to demystify, na u buy me data?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Ishilove: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2017
LionDeLeo:
The pastor preaches the Gospel, nothing more.

The Prophet is a spiritualist, though uses bible to cover up, to get more clients. Babalawo is another name for these prophet.

Not, I'm not referring to the historic prophets of God. By prophet, I mean the likes of TB Joshua.
You spew a lot of bullshit

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by 4kings: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:
All these inconsequential questions are always up because children of this age refuses to study Bible..

And is a shame no one here with meaningful answer and they claimed to be Christians. chai

You will understand.
That scripture does not explain anything.
Any random pastor or prophet would also claim there are bestowed with all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:31
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by ehissi(m): 11:58am On Dec 24, 2017
bidemz:
There was an argument between a friend and i yesterday about the difference between a pastor and a prophet, he said a pastor is a teacher while a prophet is a seer on which i disagreed saying the duo share the same visions
I decided to bring this topic before nairalanders to say your own view on this

A prophet is raised to guide people, nations a pastor is a shepherd over a house. A pastors job involves guiding a people through the agency of the word of God. A prophet does so but it is done utilising revelation...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Emmypam(m): 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
victorazyvictor:

You will understand.
you made my day. I learned alot from this chapter
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by LionDeLeo: 12:02pm On Dec 24, 2017
Ishilove:

You spew a lot of bullshit
You that spew a lot of non-bulshit, pls spew them elsewhere, not on my mention. angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Pierohandsome: 12:05pm On Dec 24, 2017
aremuforlife:

Oyedepo is not a prophets but a Pastor that can prophesy but can not give prophesies but only make a declaration.
u dnt knw what u are saying. Oyedepo is not jst a prophet,but messenger of the covenant whose mandate is to liberate mankind frm all oppression of the devil. Africa is his territory
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2017
4kings:

That scripture does not explain anything.
Any random pastor or prophet would also claim there are bestowed with all of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:31

You still never understand the passage.

In the bible there is no word as pastor. Pastors is known as teachers of the word of God and they fell in the category that has the spirit of wisdom, faith, knowledge only but you can acquire more as desired by Fasting and Prayers.

But a Prophect is a seer.
The one who speaks God's mind at a particular time and place.

A pastor can also acquire the spirit based on his capacity because they come with different sacrifices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by nickxtra(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Wrong

A pastor is a Shepard, to oversee the flock of God. A prophet must have 3 things to be regarded as a prophet

1. Discerning spirit
2. Words of wisdom
3. Words of prophecy

A pastor is foremost a teacher, and a preacher.

There is a difference between a seer and a prophet
So, in your opinion, A pastor lacks the above attributes?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by aremuforlife(m): 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2017
A Pastor is a theologian, a teacher, a mentor. A Pastor is different from a prophet because Pastors under some theology courses to be able to teach the congregation about the words of God with the assistance of the holy spirit. Majority of pastors are humanly made but not called by God because they are teachers.
PROPHET is one who has direct contact from the almighty God, someone who hears and sees the future. Prophets are called and not made. The anointing is always their with a real prophet of God. Just forget about today's preacher and prophet. As a prophet of God it's not necessary you go to theology school, the anointing is already to minister and prophesies. As true prophet of God you don't need to study for a lesson before going tobtge pulpit to preach, God HIMSELF will do the ministration and tell where to minister from the bible and HE will also tell the what to say.
But today what will have today is self proclaim Pastor and prophet. That is why will are have lots of bible misquote pastors today

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2017
smiley
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:14pm On Dec 24, 2017
Emmypam:
you made my day. I learned alot from this chapter

All questions we need is in the Bible but I share tears we youths don't study the bible.

Bible is past, now, and future. Is like teacher giving u question and also telling you the answers are hiding behind the question paper yet many are willing to fail it.

Imaging someone will tell u not to pay tithe? shooooi!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
nothing! they are both crooks, who are in the business of selling false hopes to gullible, poverty stricken ignorant nigerians in the name of chritianity grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Ojaygeere: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
Pastor administer the activities and d doctrines of the church it can be by study or learning mainly Educated while Prophet delivers the message n voice of God by the holy Spirit not necessary educated

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? by Iseoluwani: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2017
nickxtra:
So, in your opinion, A pastor lacks the above attributes?

He has given us his spirit in a measure. So a pastor can operate in that office for a time not that is the attributes of a prophet.

Read

HE GAVE GIFTS UNTO MEN BY KENNETH HAGIN

YOU WILL UNDERSTAND MORE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul Enenche And Wife, Becky Paul-Enenche At The Lord's Garden (Photo) / Five things Nigerian Pastors do / Bishop Oyedepo: "Nigeria May Continue To Struggle If. .. "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.