Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162400 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KDK(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2018
Brandagencies:

CBP: Now very Angry, don’t thank me, looking at u disgusts me, just leave my sight before I puke.

This is where I drop my pen.
That was a very terrible experience. I sincerely wish you a safe delivery.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nadnad: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2018
Brandagencies:
Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
I took the BA flight and arrived Chicago for 11;30.
CBP- good morning how are u and why are u here?
Me: good morning , vacation and to birth my baby.
CBP: Stands up to meet another officer, comes aback and says this way ma( secondary things☹️)
After sitting a while a middle aged woman calls me
CBP 2: madam, can I have confirmation that the hospital has accepted to treat u?
Me: stroger doesn’t give correspondence but here is the medical number opened for me it has my dates and my first appointment
CBP: that is not my job. What u have her is crap.
Me: Crap ke? Call first na!!( this point, I was already tired from the long journey)
CBP2: how much do u have
Me: 6900 in cash and 7000 In my wells card
CBP2: Go sit down, I’ll call u later.
Approximately 15mins after, she calls me in with a superior.
CBP: madam, these information u provided are not valid , we are sending u home.
Me: Home? Why? I can pay for these things( I begin analyse bla bla)
CBP: let me have ur phone and it’s password, please sit down.
Another 30mins after
CBP: you read nairaland?
Me: Yes
CBP: that nairaland devices u all, u should ask the us govt ur questions not a bunch of guessers
Me: I did contact the govt on a change of intent.
CBP: well, ure only allowed to birth here if Baby is high risk and ur doctor in Nigeria confirms it and u have an acceptance from a doctor here. You Nigerians just disgust me, coming here to quote what laws u don’t make. You are a burden to our govt. you just want to show off that ur baby has a passport:
Me: trying to defend myself
CBP: shut Up.
At this time, they had gone through all my phone emails and WhatsApp messages. Nothing to mail me with.
She comes back to ask for my contacts number and proceeds to call her. Requesting that my host sends me back because 6400 is not a reasonable fee to pay and I cannot afford it. My host insists that was the self pay package and she would use her insurance to cover if there are emergencies.
Me: very worried, already seeing them process travel docs for other pregnant women who have been turned back,some since yesterday. I had already started crying.
CBP : so madam, u will be going back home let me get approval from my superior.
10 mins later, please go get ur bags we need to check.
Me: with my big belle I run go carry luggage( I had just a cabin size box and a well wrapped ghana must go
CBP: all these clothes are too much ( biko which clothes)
Senior CBP patapata: madam, when was ur visa issued
Me: 2016
SCBP: it wasn’t given to birth
Me: yes, it was for a conference which I attended and I was not pregnant and then.
SCBP: ok ma, I will allow u into the USA but please show receipts on ur way out( she had a passport to junior CBP
Junior CBP: collects my passport and arrogantly stamps me in for 10weeks. Saying if I present a receipt less than 20k dollars on my way out, no visa will be resissued
Me: thank u ma.
CBP: Now very Angry, don’t thank me, looking at u disgusts me, just leave my sight before I puke.
Me: quickly carries my bag.
Moral :
1. It is now illegal to birth in USA if the birth can be handled in Nigeria( they showed me proof of that o)
2. Abort mission if ure using H Stroger.
3. Make sure u tell everyone u chat with that ure coming back
4. Hold cash of all the money u need.
5. Stay far from Ohare.

Waooo so sorry, Pele get some rest. I understand Chicago POE is really tight though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 2:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
Brandagencies:
Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
CBP: Stands up to meet another officer, comes aback and says this way ma( secondary things☹️)
CBP 2: madam, can I have confirmation that the hospital has accepted to treat u?
Me: stroger doesn’t give correspondence but here is the medical number opened for me it has my dates and my first appointment
Me: Crap ke? Call first na!!( this point, I was already tired from the long journey)
Another 30mins after
CBP: that nairaland devices u all, u should ask the us govt ur questions not a bunch of guessers
CBP: well, ure only allowed to birth here if Baby is high risk and ur doctor in Nigeria confirms it and u have an acceptance from a doctor here. You Nigerians just disgust me, coming here to quote what laws u don’t make. You are a burden to our govt. you just want to show off that ur baby has a passport:
At this time, they had gone through all my phone emails and WhatsApp messages. Nothing to mail me with.
She comes back to ask for my contacts number and proceeds to call her. Requesting that my host sends me back because 6400 is not a reasonable fee to pay and I cannot afford it. My host insists that was the self pay package and she would use her insurance to cover if there are emergencies.
Me: very worried, already seeing them process travel docs for other pregnant women who have been turned back,some since yesterday. I had already started crying.
Me: with my big belle I run go carry luggage( I had just a cabin size box and a well wrapped ghana must go
Me: yes, it was for a conference which I attended and I was not pregnant and then.
SCBP: ok ma, I will allow u into the USA but please show receipts on ur way out( she had a passport to junior CBP
Junior CBP: collects my passport and arrogantly stamps me in for 10weeks. Saying if I present a receipt less than 20k dollars on my way out, no visa will be resissued
Moral :
1. It is now illegal to birth in USA if the birth can be handled in Nigeria( they showed me proof of that o)
5. Stay far from Ohare.

Very unprofessional from the cbp officer. But it is even more obvious that these officers read these threads. Having a baby in the US is not illegal but ONLY because the US Congress has not explicitly outlawed it.

My guess is you will have a very difficult time renewing your visa. I’d be less worried what the officer said as much as what she wrote. The next VO who interviews you will see that. Chances that you will be able to get your visa renewed through dropbox are close to nil.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2018
Brandagencies:
................xxxxxxx
Moral :
5. Stay far from Ohare.

Pele o!!! ..what a stressful full POE experience. God bless you for giving back and also for the 5 point summary.

I hope your "encounter" will be a learning point for us all.

5. Stay FFFAAARRRR from ORD...we have been told again and again how tricky Chicago can be...even for people with all their ducks in a row....a word is enough for the wise.

4. Hold cash is very sensible advise...especially if you have not prepaid. Imagine if you are asked to login into online banking and your phone isn't working well or you've run out of data and can't connect to WiFi

3. It would help if your ties are solid. Like a job and vacation letter for working mamas. Or leaving another child behind - if possible tongue for stay at home, non FTMs.

2. I find that I am more "chicken" than most people...It's strange to me that mamas will travel thousands of miles and plan to use a doctor and hospital without written correspondence. ..how risky is that? From a POE perspective and also just health-wise. PLEASE always plan to have a paper trail.

1. It is not illegal....even though many Americans wish it was........however, because many of us are dishonest. ..they will always be reasons-a-plenty to turn some mamas back. Prejudice was also at play sha.....I can't imagine the feelings of the women that were turned back cry

I hope you are all done and dusted in 10 weeks. All the very best ma'am.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamajayjay: 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2018
Hmmmmn .. it is well with you. Sending you some hugs

quote author=Brandagencies post=68130165]Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
Another 30mins after
Moral :
5. Stay far from Ohare.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nabie: 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2018
Please who has used WHMC in Houston recently.please I need to make a decision quickly.thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yettyj: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2018
cindermum:

Congratulations madam. I responded to your question in May. Sometimes when ppl don't respond to questions its mostly because they aren't sure and don't want to mislead the person.

Okay, I now understand.Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2018
Yettyj:

Okay, I now understand.Thanks so much

congrats my DW name sake! advisable not to go With our daughter to the embassy for visa interview? we wanted to book appointment and am thinking that we should take her along
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by heniola(f): 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2018
Wow! What an experience you had. I came into Chicago few weeks back but not through O’hare because of this same reason. My host had warned me of how hard it is getting in for birth reasons.
Please o intending travellers should avoid that POE. God help us in this country.

quote author=Brandagencies post=68130165]Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
Another 30mins after
Moral :
5. Stay far from Ohare.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
TWoods:

Very unprofessional from the cbp officer. But it is even more obvious that these officers read these threads. Having a baby in the US is not illegal but ONLY because the US Congress has not explicitly outlawed it.

My guess is you will have a very difficult time renewing your visa. I’d be less worried what the officer said as much as what she wrote. The next VO who interviews you will see that. Chances that you will be able to get your visa renewed through dropbox are close to nil.

Hello Mr visa officer, she will get the visa renewed if she actually pay for all her medical expenses.
Please say only what you know and sure of.
As for the CBP Officer, he/she just used the trending event to sly the poster.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 10:21pm On Jun 03, 2018
Lordcrixus:

Hello Mr visa officer, she will get the visa renewed if she actually pay for all her medical expenses.
Please say only what you know and sure of.
As for the CBP Officer, he/she just used the trending event to sly the poster.

Good luck with that.

If I recall, you were the fellow who did not know that the US and UK share visa applicant information. I would treat anything you say with a pinch of salt.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 10:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
TWoods:

True story , it's going to b safe to just go for the interview as opposed to Dropbox.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lolla234: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2018
Wow! What an experience.

Sorry about that. I came into chicago 2weeks ago but through JFK and was a smooth one.

CBP- hello, business or visiting
Me- hello, visitation and child birth
CBP- look into the camera and stamped me till Nov

No 2nd inspection and no other check.
Picked my bag and left for local terminal.

I think avoiding Chicago POE is the way. The strictness is too much.

Try relax and will try hook up with u.

[ author=Brandagencies post=68130165]Hello everyone, I am in Chicago now and I MUST give back. It was a horrible experience but I got in.
Another 30mins after
Moral :
5. Stay far from Ohare.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Leomichael: 5:21am On Jun 04, 2018
Yettyj:

Cpb:How much do you have there
Me:$9400
Cpb: are you sure you don’t have up to $10,000
Me:yes I’m sure
Cpb: what other currencies do you have there?
Me: a hew naira notes
Cpb: how much is it in dollars
Me:about $10

Is there a limit to how much you can carry in cash? Why was the CBP making reference to $10,000?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yettyj: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2018
Leomichael:

Is there a limit to how much you can carry in cash? Why was the CBP making reference to $10,000?

Yes, I understand that if you carry up to $10,0000 , you will fill a form so to avoid all the questioning, I didn’t take up to that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 7:46am On Jun 04, 2018
Please house especially @justwise and @Twoods and other mamas in the house. Is there a reason why people avoid declaring $10000 n above? Cuz I see people taking money just shy of $10000 to avoid declaring. Does it reflect badly on you or something if you do?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2018
TWoods:

Good luck with that.

If I recall, you were the fellow who did not know that the US and UK share visa applicant information. I would treat anything you say with a pinch of salt.

Please stop making speculations look like fact. She had actually used the visa for the intended purpose and she decided to use it again. If she pays all her bill and abide by the terms of the visa on this second visit, she can get it renewed via Dropbox and even if called for interview.
It’s not rocket science my brother.
NB: I don’t have to go to your previous posts to make a comment. If I say I don’t think they share visa applicant info, it is my opinion and I don’t expect you to accept it. The web link posted is about foreign national offenders and applicant with criminal records in their own country so it might not necessarily be applied to all applicants

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 9:14am On Jun 04, 2018
Christine77:
Please house especially @justwise and @Twoods and other mamas in the house. Is there a reason why people avoid declaring $10000 n above? Cuz I see people taking money just shy of $10000 to avoid declaring. Does it reflect badly on you or something if you do?

It won’t reflect badly on you if you can prove that the money is legitimately yours. It is a security measure to combat terrorism, money laundering, drug peddling etc
You can go along with ur bank statement showing when the money was withdrawn from your account and ur work paycheck

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by simbolee(f): 10:26am On Jun 04, 2018
You are right, I had my LO in 2016 Houston though but rather than do drop box i went straight for interview to avoid stories that touch the heart. Got my visa in less than 5 minutes with the VO.

cindermum:

True story , it's going to b safe to just go for the interview as opposed to Dropbox.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debi: 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
If you cant upload tour passport,take the passport to the embassy,they will collect it.
chloe00:
Good morning people, please for those who attended their visa appointment without being able to upload their passport photographs, were you allowed in ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
debi:
If you cant upload tour passport,take the passport to the embassy,they will collect it.

Taah! Please don't go there.... You must upload your passport. The visa application process is always evolving, as an advice, we then must need update ourselves before talking authoritatively on matters or as some of us do, we just "wakapass" in order not take people down a wrong route.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

You pick the first one, you get no interview date. You pick the second, that means you have lied and will earn yourself an instant refusal. You see? You just have to wait till after 6 months!

Sorry to have derailed the thread a little bit peeps.... Just had to get this across someway!

@OmoBendel24 pls share that screenshot from the other thread on 6 months wait for second appointment
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folashade1111: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello. I've been a very silent reader here. In the spirit of giving back, I had my interview today in Lagos and it was successful.
VO: passports please. why are you traveling(she wasn't smiling and had refused 3 people before me and my mum)
Me: im pregnant and I'd like to have my baby in Houston Texas
VO: have you travelled before
Me: yes I have, been to the UK several times and I've been to Ghana. I was in the UK in October last year
VO:What for?
Me: vacation with my husband and I also took a course which I have the certificate, would you like to see it?
VO: I won't be needing it. I see you go to the UK very often, why?
Me: My sister lives there so I go for vacation, and my last trip was for a course mainly
My mum chips in: Yes, my first child lives there, this is my last and I'm going to help her as its her first child
VO: do you have a hospital you're planing to use?
ME: Yes, HNWM and I have my doctor/hospital correspondence, letter of appointment, my budget sheet, would you like to see them?
VO: Yes
VO: Who is sponsoring
ME: my husband and I have his letter of sponsorship, bank statements and employment letters, would you like to see them?
VO: Yes, the statement of account only
VO: looks * looks * and looks*
VO: why do you have a US dollar account
ME: It was intentionally for this purpose , we've been saving for over a year
VO: what's your husbands name
ME:xxxxx and I have my marriage certificate if you'd like to see it
VO: I wouldn't be needing it
VO:What does he do
ME: he's a lawyer, he works for bleep
VO: You? What do you do
ME: I work for bleep as bleep, would you like to see my account statement
VO: Nope, I don't need it
VO: types and types
VO: You are qualified for this visa, Congratulations
ME: 5seconds of deafness( I heard nothing after) I just said thank you and left.

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
Been a while i came here.
Tuwale to all those giving information here, congrats to new mums n dads.....
Missed this thread... And am here to give back..

I gave birth to my daughter in 2015 in Hoston, and I gave my reviews then.. I had a good POE experience and paid all my bill.. I stated that I was going to use 10wks but I used 5month..thankfully my Job was still waiting for me..

So I did my Dropbox 2wk ago and I was given two years visa, I just did the collection at DHL Isolo. Truth b told I was scared because of stories here of been given 221g etc.. But it all ended in praise..

Maybe its luck, maybe its my data base with the US...

What is important is to be truthful to the US Embassy, every county wants money, no country wants liability hence when ur trying to go to another man's country just say the truth..am going for delivery (show proof of going back to ur country n proof of not being a burden to them).

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2018
debi:
That was what I thought prior to now and even at the last interview I attended that was what I did but it’s like times have changed now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 7:32pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mamaroon:

@OmoBendel24 pls share that screenshot from the other thread on 6 months wait for second appointment so that mamas here are careful about booking appointments. Is it verified? Could not find any info online about it.

Oh, true that....

"You pick the first one, you get no interview date. You pick the second, that means you have lied and will earn yourself an instant refusal. You see? You just have to wait till after 6 months!"

I wonder how a pregnant woman actually will be able to secure a sharp appointment again if refused visa for birthing purpose on an occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Wurah28: 8:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello goodevening i am new here pls. I will like to know how much it costs to give birth in Houston Texas and procedures thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akorkor(f): 8:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Oh, true that....

"You pick the first one, you get no interview date. You pick the second, that means you have lied and will earn yourself an instant refusal. You see? You just have to wait till after 6 months!"

I wonder how a pregnant woman actually will be able to secure a sharp appointment again if refused visa for birthing purpose on an occasion.

This is better and should reduce the unnecessary crowd at the US embassy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Graceinme: 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2018
Hello, i just booked a second appointment after refusal within 2weeks and i got a close date. Hope there won'tbe ant issues on my interview date.

Mamaroon:

@OmoBendel24 pls share that screenshot from the other thread on 6 months wait for second appointment so that mamas here are careful about booking appointments. Is it verified? Could not find any info online about it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
Graceinme:
Hello, i just booked a second appointment after refusal within 2weeks and i got a close date. Hope there won'tbe ant issues on my interview date.

no idea ma.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:19pm On Jun 04, 2018
Mamaroon:

no idea ma.....did you see those 2 options in the screenshot when you booked your interview?
Info is verified.... I understand mamas have got to just pull these stunts for the unborn child's sake somehow someway! Unless things have changed in the past few days (less than a week), she or whoever scheduled her appointment definitely saw it and decided to pick the "REGULAR" option, and I hardly see that not backfiring. There is a purpose for this new development, if contravened (misrepresentation that is), I believe there will be inescapable repercussion.... These are not sweet times for the embassy it seems!

I also think that those refused a visa and that are intent on securing a quick appointment date in succession should please be wary of those that will promise to help them get interview appointment dates, they will simply just pick REGULAR on your behalf, use it to schedule an interview and abandon you to fate thereafter.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by quin9(f): 11:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
Leomichael:

Just to add,it includes any other currencies you are carrying if converted to dollars must be within that $10k.

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.