Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,732 members, 7,817,014 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1165592 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2018
Eclectica:

[color=#770077][/color]DW had our baby in HNWMC

We got the BC in 3 days for $21.30
US Passport in 2 days for $175

Airbnb is the most common but DW used intown suites. Our bills for a double bed studio for 8 weeks was $2496 (We were refunded the tax we paid for the 1st 5 weeks). If you get a 1bed it will be less.
12 Weeks might be too long but then, it depends on on your overall plan. You can get the travel docs for your baby in 2 - 3 weeks.

At HNWMC we were billed for both Pathology & Pediatrician services.

The cost of your baby ticket should be 10% of the current fare for an Adult. Ofcourse the cost will depend on the Airline.

I hope this helps.
Hello, please how did you go about getting the birth certificate and passport? Could you throw more light? My wife will be delivering in a few days at HNWMC. Awaiting your response. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ilohoffor: 1:08am On Jul 04, 2018
happney65:

Great..Already wanted to make an order online before seeing your post..showed it to wifey and she does not seem to like it being that it works with electricity..Do you think it is 100 safe using it in a country like Nigeria?

Thanks

My sister has been using one for her son for 5 months and has had no complaints. It’s actually a lifesaver! Lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ilohoffor: 1:09am On Jul 04, 2018
Shollzycute:

I'm interested how much please?

N80,000
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubu18: 1:47am On Jul 04, 2018
Missvenus1:

Not at all. I didn't receive your mail
I have resent it...Let me know when you receive it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eilenora: 2:32am On Jul 04, 2018
Very mch so.

Gratias!!!!

Eclectica:

[color=#770077][/color]DW had our baby in HNWMC

We got the BC in 3 days for $21.30
US Passport in 2 days for $175

Airbnb is the most common but DW used intown suites. Our bills for a double bed studio for 8 weeks was $2496 (We were refunded the tax we paid for the 1st 5 weeks). If you get a 1bed it will be less.
12 Weeks might be too long but then, it depends on on your overall plan. You can get the travel docs for your baby in 2 - 3 weeks.

At HNWMC we were billed for both Pathology & Pediatrician services.

The cost of your baby ticket should be 10% of the current fare for an Adult. Ofcourse the cost will depend on the Airline.

I hope this helps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nakeina025: 5:03am On Jul 04, 2018
Hi NL, applied for visa renewal through dropbox, the status changed from "passport still with US consulate"to "Document delivery information", its been like this for 3 days. has anyone experienced this before and what does it mean?? thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kween2014: 8:11am On Jul 04, 2018
nakeina025:
Hi NL, applied for visa renewal through dropbox, the status changed from "passport still with US consulate"to "Document delivery information", its been like this for 3 days. has anyone experienced this before and what does it mean?? thanks

Use this link to track - https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2018
Issa July 4 Something....

Happy Independence to the U to the S of A.

God bless America!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!!! We shall not lose hope....

God bless our US born babies! God bless the lovely parents making huge sacrifices to "insure" their kids against all odds. A bountiful harvest shall ye reap both in the Nigeria of tomorrow and the US.... A source of godly joy, peace and happiness shall these kids become wherever they find themselves - to us, to our nation, and to the US!

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Missvenus1: 10:58am On Jul 04, 2018
bubu18:
I have resent it...Let me know when you receive it.

Give me your own email address let me write you instead. I didn't receive your mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2018
Yes oooo. Happy Birthday to the U.S.A!!! The Land of the Free and Home of the Brave
OmoBendel24:

God bless America!

God bless our US born babies! God bless the lovely parents making huge sacrifices to "insure" their kids against all odds. A bountiful harvest shall ye reap both in the Nigeria of tomorrow and the US.... A source of godly joy, peace and happiness shall these kids become wherever they find themselves - to us, to our nation, and to the US!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 11:16am On Jul 04, 2018
Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
OmoBendel24:

God bless America!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nakeina025: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2018
Cretaceous:

Hello, please how did you go about getting the birth certificate and passport? Could you throw more light? My wife will be delivering in a few days at HNWMC. Awaiting your response. Thanks

Hi @Cretaceous

After the birth of your baby, someone from birth records office will come to give you the birth reg form (this is usually within 24hrs of the baby's birth). Once filled, hand it back to the person and advise them you want it sent immediately as you need it expedited.

As we were told at the time, the birth reg office will send this information to their Austin Office (thru thier internal system) at The Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin (http://www.houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/). In my estimation, it takes about 1 - 2 Business Days for it to be confirmed on the bereau of Stats system.
(Please note that if your baby comes on a weekend, the birth records office of HNWMC will send the baby's birth details to Asutin the next business day).

After being discharged, we called the HNWMC birth records office if it had been sent, once they confirmed it had been sent, we went to pick it up 2 business days later. Check Address up (Houston Downtown) on website below
(http://www.houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/contact_us.html)

Some other pple do pick-ups at court houses.......I'm not sure how one can go about that.........I hope someone can shed some light on this.

In all, we got our baby's BC in 4 Business Days

For the Passport:
To get it expedited, you have to book an appointment at the Passport Office in Houston (Downtown Houston) ......this can be done over the phone or online. Details can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies/houston.html

However, please do note that you might not get a an appointment for a date that will suit your travel plans as this is a busy period for them. So what they'll advise you over the phone is that you come to their office 3 business days before your travel date. (evidence of travel and other details you will need to be presented to them ......information on these are on that website)

We went 3 business days before our travel date and got the passport in 24hrs (1business day).

I hope these my plenty stories will be useful.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 04, 2018
Eclectica:

Hi @Cretaceous

After the birth of your baby, someone from birth records office will come to give you the birth reg form (this is usually within 24hrs of the baby's birth). Once filled, hand it back to the person and advise them you want it sent immediately as you need it expedited.

As we were told at the time, the birth reg office will send this information to their Austin Office (thru thier internal system) at The Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Vital Statistics in Austin (http://www.houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/). In my estimation, it takes about 1 - 2 Business Days for it to be confirmed on the bereau of Stats system.
(Please note that if your baby comes on a weekend, the birth records office of HNWMC will send the baby's birth details to Asutin the next business day).

After being discharged, we called the HNWMC birth records office if it had been sent, once they confirmed it had been sent, we went to pick it up 2 business days later. Check Address up (Houston Downtown) on website below
(http://www.houstontx.gov/health/BirthCert/contact_us.html)

Some other pple do pick-ups at court houses.......I'm not sure how one can go about that.........I hope someone can shed some light on this.

In all, we got our baby's BC in 4 Business Days

For the Passport:
To get it expedited, you have to book an appointment at the Passport Office in Houston (Downtown Houston) ......this can be done over the phone or online. Details can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/requirements/where-to-apply/passport-agencies/houston.html

However, please do note that you might not get a an appointment for a date that will suit your travel plans as this is a busy period for them. So what they'll advise you over the phone is that you come to their office 3 business days before your travel date. (evidence of travel and other details you will need to be presented to them ......information on these are on that website)

We went 3 business days before our travel date and got the passport in 24hrs (1business day).

I hope these my plenty stories will be useful.

Thank you. very helpful
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 04, 2018
Hello People. My baby doesn't want to come oo. I fear that the delayed arrival is going to affect my return plan. Please how early can my baby fly? I planned for 3 weeks. Now, the delay is gonna affect that. Please advise me oo. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ugoguchy(f): 4:56pm On Jul 04, 2018
3rd missionary journey done and dusted to the glory of God...my story is plenty but it ended in praise

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by deedet: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2018
[quote author=yes...I have only travel to Ghana once and it expenses pay Trip from my company back then for a leadership conference... And since then have been so busy with my acting career..till I got a job with my new company. Feenix empire and sound.is a record label as an artist manager (talent management and promotion )...but still an actor....I earn from both side....the conference is in what I do...thanks for your response... I hope to hearing form you soon...my interview is on Friday.... 08061695059..that my number you can call then I will call back just to speak with you and get advice from you..thanks

Do you have travel history? have you been to other countries like the UK? Schengen etc?

Is the conference related to your work?

Having the conference in a different city from the vacation doesnt matter at all, you might have family in Newyork or prefer to shop and sight see in newyork

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 11:35pm On Jul 04, 2018
Cretaceous:
Hello People. My baby doesn't want to come oo. I fear that the delayed arrival is going to affect my return plan. Please how early can my baby fly? I planned for 3 weeks. Now, the delay is gonna affect that. Please advise me oo. Thanks

Have you passed your EDD. Hope you are walking around and doing little strollings if you are staying in a building with stirs try walking that too it helps move the baby downwards. I almost got scared too when Baby was too relaxed inside. Dancing too could help. The latter shouldn’t be a problem you could shift your departure.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by happney65: 12:12am On Jul 05, 2018
Ilohoffor:

My sister has been using one for her son for 5 months and has had no complaints. It’s actually a lifesaver! Lol

Okay sha..She is just bothered make baby no go shock with our electricity for here...You know how mothers could be at times..lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 05, 2018
ANIT1:

Have you passed your EDD. Hope you are walking around and doing little strollings if you are staying in a building with stirs try walking that too it helps move the baby downwards. I almost got scared too when Baby was too relaxed inside. Dancing too could help. The latter shouldn’t be a problem you could shift your departure.
it's today. no contractions yet. yeah she's doing all that.
thanks for your response.
how long after your edd did your baby arrive?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 1:26am On Jul 05, 2018
Lmao!!!

happney65:

Okay sha..She is just bothered make baby no go shock with our electricity for here...You know how mothers could be at times..lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 1:31am On Jul 05, 2018
Cretaceous:

Baby came 4days later after a scheduled induction.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:57am On Jul 05, 2018
ANIT1:
Baby came 4days later after a scheduled induction.
Yeah, that is what we plan to be our next course of action.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 8:11am On Jul 05, 2018
Cretaceous:

This article might be useful............BUT PLS DISCUSS THIS WITH UR DOCTOR O!

https://www.mamanatural.com/induce-labor/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nadnad: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2018
Bcpump:

used delta in March while returning. yes you will get a bassinet once you choose a seat that supports one (choose the first row of any cabin). yes they check in car seat stroller etc just as you board ths plane. you pay 200 dollars per extra bag of allowable weight I think 50 lbs

Please how much did they charge you for infant ticket
I called delta and they are charging me usd 420dollars.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 1:11pm On Jul 05, 2018
Cretaceous:

You can ask to be induced.

I scheduled an induction at 39 weeks for my son.. didn't wait for labor to start

P.S. Again, it depends on the doctor.. I was successfully with my son for induction in Houston while for my daughter (had her in Chicago), my doctor refused and asked that I wait for labor to start
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ANIT1: 1:14pm On Jul 05, 2018
Cretaceous:

Yeah, that is what we plan to be our next course of action.

Good luck and safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bubu18: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Missvenus1:

Give me your own email address let me write you instead. I didn't receive your mail
eloel360@yahoo.com. Pls let me know when you send a mail.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by newmomma: 2:38pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello my good people. I've been following this thread for days now and thanks to all the contributors for sharing your tips and transcripts. (Agents for use me buy land). Please how do you apply for an expedited B2 for birth. And can I apply for a B2 while DH applies for a B1/B2. I do have a B1/B2 meant for vacation. I would risk it but with a change of intent letter but I'm afraid of POE people after reading what happened to that lady here. EDD is mid October but I need to travel way ahead of the EDD because of the nature of my pregnancy. Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dwebb55: 4:54pm On Jul 05, 2018
newmomma:
Hello my good people. I've been following this thread for days now and thanks to all the contributors for sharing your tips and transcripts. (Agents for use me buy land). Please how do you apply for an expedited B2 for birth. And can I apply for a B2 while DH applies for a B1/B2. I do have a B1/B2 meant for vacation. I would risk it but with a change of intent letter but I'm afraid of POE people after reading what happened to that lady here. EDD is mid October but I need to travel way ahead of the EDD because of the nature of my pregnancy. Thanks in advance.

Your B1/B2 visa, was it used for its intended purpose ie visit? If yes, then send a change of intent to fulfil all righteousness. However if you were pregnant when you applied and you were asked if you were pregnant and you didn't disclose it, you might have some issues when renewing.

First of all get all your correspondence and yhe funds needed then take it from there!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by apoosu: 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2018
Hello Onyotse,

Can you recommend Gynecologist/dr, rental apartment in houston texas?

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.