Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167075 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
This is a very broad question. Depends on your location and travel date

cookies:
Please who knows which airlines that are currently doing promo on their international routes?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
All the info you need is on this thread. I dont think anyone has sat down to compile all 'reasonably priced' hospitals in the US.

First of all, reasonably priced is relative. What is reasonable for one might not be reasonable for another.

First of all, decide what you can afford to pay for giving birth then you can read through the thread for hospitals in that range and get the information. This is a DIY thread, theres probably no one that would hand you out the data on a platter of gold.

Theres 1 to 6 which I agree is a lot to read. You can use the search bar at the top to narrow your search. Put keywords like hospital, birth, cost and limit your results to the travel section. You should get something useful there.

expectingmum:
Hello,

Can someone provide some doctor/hospitals contact information?
Tried reaching Houston area but website didn’t load and very confused if Doctores ParaTi can be used?

Open to all US reasonably priced options(no location preference).

Can anyone advice some doctor/hospitals?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Hello.... pls o has anyone used VOA ON American Airline.. do deny accept the VOA LETTER. PLS DIS IS VERY URGENT. I heard a nasty story from a mum now whom the refused boarding from El Paso cos she does not have the payment receipt for the VOA. Kindly assist o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 7:31pm On Jul 25, 2018
expectingmum:
Hello,

Can someone provide some doctor/hospitals contact information?
Tried reaching Houston area but website didn’t load and very confused[b] if Doctores ParaTi can be used[/b]?

Open to all US reasonably priced options(no location preference).

Can anyone advice some doctor/hospitals?

Thanks

There are always patients from Nigeria and other countries at Doctores Para Ti (www.doctoresparati.com). There are no issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2018
Have you been able to resolve this? I had the same issues and I called them on this number +234 811 975 3844 Nigeria Immigration Service. Tell them the issue and it will be resolved in a few hrs ( they are very helpful).

phebeansans:
Hello everyone. I have been trying to send the visa on arrival application to the Nigerian immigration website and it keeps saying their inbox is full. Please can anyone tell me how to overcome this problem as i dont have much time left.My flight is on Saturday.Thank you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 9:37pm On Jul 25, 2018
In the spirit of giving back..I just had my 221G interview today in Lagos. Just to give a little background information for you to understand my situation.

I got my first visa (B1/B2) in Jan 2014 but never used it. In June 2015 I found out I was pregnant with my first child and would need to travel after my then current visa expires in mid Jan 2016. I wanted to travel late Jan 2016 to maximize my maternity leave. So I applied for a new visa (B1/B2) via dropbox in November 2015, my previous visa was cancelled without prejudice and a new one was issued. Travelled late Jan 2015 and declared my true intentions at POE, went harmed with my hospital correspondence (thanks to information from Nairaland). The 1st CBP officer was not nice at all and threatened to send me back...saying I can’t just come and give birth and get citizenship blah blah (I just started speaking in tongues). She sent me to secondary inspection where the 2nd CBP officer was nicer, went through my hospital correspondence and stamped me in on B2 for 6 months.

Fast forward to this year, when I found I was pregnant again. I started reading from the beginning of Part 6 and was seeing so many refusals. It looked like being honest alone wasn’t enough anymore...you also need God’s favour. Thank God I kuku know him...so I just kept praying and calling the hospital to get my zero balance statements. Had to have it posted to my aunt and they would not send via e-mail. She then scanned it to me to print (this took almost 2months to get). The only people I had headache with was Quest Diagnostics who could not send statements. Many thanks to @simbolee and @chibertha who suggested I e-mail Quest as they did and print out their response as proof of settlement. I was only getting these documents ready for POE or if I get called in for interview after dropbox (I really was hoping this wouldn’t happen as dates were not looking favourable and I was not really ready to talk grammar).

Submitted my dropbox application(B2 only this time) in May and to my dismay I got called in for interview in June. First headache was trying to book interview date...I could see the dates but couldn’t book. Finally got it sorted and booked but earliest available date was a month away (longest wait of my life), even missed a conference at work because of the appointment date as I didn’t realise it was clashing (felt like an unserious employee trying to explain why I wouldn’t be going for the conference).

I kept logging on every day to read people’s transcripts, my husband was just laughing at me wondering why I was worrying. I was thinking all sorts...hope the money in my account would be enough…what if they ask why I didn’t come in for interview in 2015 or send change of intent letter etc. Last night I just had peace about today and felt I should just be thanking God.

Got to the embassy today and there was no queue in sight, kept wondering if I was in the right place. Went inside and it was the same thing...didn’t even have to wait to be called. Think it was a day for special interviews or something(migrant etc.)

Anyways, here’s how my interview went...

VO: Hello, how are you today?
Me: Fine, thank you...and you? (Smiling)
VO: I’m good, thanks...can I have your passport please?
Me: Here it is...do you need these too? (Showing him the 221G request and DS160 confirmation)
VO: No
VO: Have you been fingerprinted?
Me: I believe so...I’m here for a dropbox interview (that was what I was told to tell the officer when my appointment documents were checked)
VO: So why are you going to the US?
Me: Vacation and to have my baby
VO: When are you due?
Me: *Told him the month*
VO: When do you plan to go?
Me: *told him*
VO: What city are you going in the states?
Me: Boston, MA
VO: Who are you staying with?
Me: My aunt
VO: What do you do?
Me: *told him position and company*
VO: What do you do there?
Me: *Told him*
VO: So tell me about the company (international)
Me: *Told him what company does and headquarters and explained I work in the Nigerian subsidiary*
VO: So you’re like the Chief ***
Me: More or less (smiling because he made my role sound big)
VO: Ok...you’re the Head of ****
Me: Yes more like it (still smiling...and thinking that’s not what my employment letter says o...)
VO: And you earn ***** (confirming salary entered on my DS160 form)
Me: Yes I do
VO: So your husband is from ******* (non-African country)
Me: He was born there
VO: Really… (He looked puzzled)
Me: *So I just explained how it happened...parents studying there at the time blah blah blah…since it was now feeling more like conversation than interview*
VO: I see you visit the UK often? (Scanning through my passport)
Me: Yes I do...I studied there and go on vacation often to visit family
VO: What family?
Me: *told him immediate family...detailing which members*
VO: So I see you stayed 3 months the last time you were in US
Me: Yes I did
VO: What were you doing then?
Me: I went to have my first baby
VO: Did you use insurance?
Me: No
VO: Do you have any evidence to show you paid your bills
Me: Yes I do (passed him the zero balance statements without receipts)
VO: I see you got a 50% discount...why is that?
Me: It was because I was a cash-paying patient and this was prearranged before I left the country
VO: It’s really helpful that you brought these statements makes my job easier (scanning through the statements)
Me: You’re welcome (smiling)
Decided to explain that the documents includes OBGYN fees, hospital fees, pediatrician fees and prenatal tests (Quest Diagnostics). Also explained that Quest don’t give statements but there's a letter confirming I don’t have a balance with them and attached are all the invoices paid.
VO: What was the total cost?
Me: $8,400
VO: Ok...Would you be using the same doctor?
Me: Yes and same hospital
VO: Your visa has been approved... (Puts statements back together and passes them back)
Me: Thank you...
VO: Make sure you keep these statements safe and take them with you whenever you travel to the U.S
Me: I will, thanks
VO: You can pick up your passport at blah blah blah

I thank God it all ended in praise. Hope my post wasn't too long o.. smiley

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sundayschooltea: 10:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ebony84:
In the spirit of giving back..I just had my 221G interview today. Just to give a little background information for you to understand my situation.

To God be the glory. I'm so happy for you. My testimony is next
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by phebeansans: 12:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Yes thank you.I had to call them also and they told me it will be resolved.I got the received response afterwards. I am still waiting for the approval email and i hope it comes quickly.Please who has paid for visa on aproval online here?I really would appreciated a little guidance. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by simbolee(f): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2018
Congratulation ma'am. thank God it ended in praise.

Ebony84:
In the spirit of giving back..I just had my 221G interview today. Just to give a little background information for you to understand my situation.

I got my first visa (B1/B2) in Jan 2014 but never used it. In June 2015 I found out I was pregnant with my first child and would need to travel after my then current visa expires in mid Jan 2016. I wanted to travel late Jan 2016 to maximize my maternity leave. So I applied for a new visa (B1/B2) via dropbox in November 2015, my previous visa was cancelled without prejudice and a new one was issued. Travelled late Jan 2015 and declared my true intentions at POE, went harmed with my hospital correspondence (thanks to information from Nairaland). The 1st CBP officer was not nice at all and threatened to send me back...saying I can’t just come and give birth and get citizenship blah blah (I just started speaking in tongues). She sent me to secondary inspection where the 2nd CBP officer was nicer, went through my hospital correspondence and stamped me in on B2 for 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ashedzi: 10:38am On Jul 26, 2018
[quote author=Ebony84 post=69705198]In the spirit of giving back..I just had my 221G interview today. Just to give a little background information for you to understand my situation.

Congratulations to u. Was ur Interview @Abuja or Lagos please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 11:04am On Jul 26, 2018
Thank you...it was in Lagos.

[quote author=ashedzi post=69716882][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2018
Thank you too ma'am for all your help and encouragement. God bless you.

simbolee:
Congratulation ma'am. thank God it ended in praise.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 11:09am On Jul 26, 2018
Thank you..

Amen!!! Just prepare as much as you can and leave the rest to God.

Sundayschooltea:

To God be the glory. I'm so happy for you. My testimony is next
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2018
Lol..I'm sorry o..Just wanted to paint a full picture in the hope that it helps someone.

Niveakreamy89:
Yea it was... lol long and interesting �� congratulations �
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coh15: 12:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
Good morning house. Please those that are making use of HNWMC how did you sort out accommodation. Please we are in need of a reliable accommodation close to dr. & HNWMC thanks

August - September
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Cardeezah(f): 12:46pm On Jul 26, 2018
Coh15:
Good morning house. Please those that are making use of HNWMC how did you sort out accommodation. Please we are in need of a reliable accommodation close to dr. & HNWMC thanks

August - September
Thanks
Hi
Have you been granted your visa? If yes ,then how did the interview go
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Coh15: 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
Cardeezah:

Hi
Have you been granted your visa? If yes ,then how did the interview go

Visa granted along time ago. January to be precise
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumdearest: 12:59pm On Jul 26, 2018
cookies:
Please who knows which airlines that are currently doing promo on their international routes?

Ethiad.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BBojo(f): 3:52pm On Jul 26, 2018
ozymes:
An application letter addressed to the

The Comptroller General
Nigeria Immigration Service
Nigeria Immigration Service Head Quarters
Abuja.

In your letter state LO name, Passport number, the address of where LO will stay in Nigeria (That should be your add) Date of arrival, port of entry (Lagos, Abuja, PH) and name of the airline.

• Data page of US International passport
• Data page of both parents international passport
• Flight Itinerary

Thanks ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BBojo(f): 3:58pm On Jul 26, 2018
BBojo:

Thanks ma
Pls ma for some1 who has a valid Tourist Visa to the US and now pregnant what and what does she need to do .Will she send a mail to US embassy with her Drs correspondence,and whats the email to send to?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 4:29pm On Jul 26, 2018
Yes! We have used it without any issues.
Iyaboonibipe:
Hello.... pls o has anyone used VOA ON American Airline.. do deny accept the VOA LETTER. PLS DIS IS VERY URGENT. I heard a nasty story from a mum now whom the refused boarding from El Paso cos she does not have the payment receipt for the VOA. Kindly assist o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2018
ozymes:
Yes! We have used it without any issues.

Hello maam pls need more clarification on it i sent u a mail. The refused d lady boarding aa from el paso in fact she had to spend more money over 4k to get another flight back to nigeria. They were requesting for the online payment receipt. Pls whatband what dis u present.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2018
Just the letters and you let them know that you have the option of paying at Naija POE on arrival. You may wish to pay online and obtain evidence of payment. AA is always very nasty and difficult. Most of their tickets are non- refundable, they charge for all luggages etc
Iyaboonibipe:

Hello maam pls need more clarification on it i sent u a mail. The refused d lady boarding aa from el paso in fact she had to spend more money over 4k to get another flight back to nigeria. They were requesting for the online payment receipt. Pls whatband what dis u present.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyaboonibipe: 5:30pm On Jul 26, 2018
ozymes:
Just the letters and you let them know that you have the option of paying at Naija POE on arrival. You may wish to pay online and obtain evidence of payment. AA is always very nasty and difficult. Most of their tickets are non- refundable, they charge for all luggages etc

It's a BA flight that has AA on the first leg. I'll also call BA ahead. Thanks a lot ma'am.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.