Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,992 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166664 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mpres: 1:08pm On Aug 06, 2018
okpaandcoke:
@ mpress
Good day house,
I had my interview today and I was denied.
You all have been very helpful:
My interview questions

Why are going to US?
(To have my baby)
Do you have another child?

Dear i think you should reapply if you still have time.
Visa denial can be very painful especially after careful preparation and planning.
my visa interview was last week. am 6 months pregnant and that wasn't a problem.
i wasn't denied but i was asked to send my account statement with my passport for my visa.
all the best dear

Thanks dear. I was very sad and Ive made up my
Mind not to even bother again. My EDD is end of October. I hear no dates are available till October anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FaithfulTemi: 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello Mamas and Dadas.

It's been really informative reading through the threads. thanks to everyone for sharing and always helping. One Nairaland One Nation.
Please i need your suggestions o , your advice will be greatly appreciated.

I plan going to US for a Training (personal development) in October so i just want to start visa processing..., so now i discovered i am pregnant, and i plan to have my next baby in US; this should be sometimes in February 2019. Now i am a bit confused if i should go ahead and apply for visa to attend October training, or should just burst it and focus application for B1/B2?

What do you suggest please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2018
FaithfulTemi:
Hello Mamas and Dadas.

It's been really informative reading through the threads. thanks to everyone for sharing and always helping. One Nairaland One Nation.
Please i need your suggestions o , your advice will be greatly appreciated.

I plan going to US for a Training (personal development) in October so i just want to start visa processing..., so now i discovered i am pregnant, and i plan to have my next baby in US; this should be sometimes in February 2019. Now i am a bit confused if i should go ahead and apply for visa to attend October training, or should just burst it and focus application for B1/B2?

What do you suggest please?

If you have the capacity, prepare for both situations and explain these two situations in one interview (the one for the training). You go now for a training, and that you will proceed later for the birthing. Arm yourself for the B1 interview and your burden of proof for the B2 simultaneously. They likely would appreciate your being upfront in this situation and trust you more methinks....

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FaithfulTemi: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2018
Thanks a lot!

OmoBendel24:

If you have the capacity, prepare for both situations and explain these two situations in one interview (the one for the training). You go now for a training, and that you will proceed later for the birthing. Arm yourself for the B1 interview and your burden of proof for the B2 simultaneously. They likely would appreciate your being upfront in this situation and trust you more methinks....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bimbyabim: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello House,
Pls Does anyone have information for a reasonably priced hospital in NJ for self pay maternity package?

I have a relative in NJ so Am struggling deciding between NJ and houston though every thing is set for Houston except accommodation.
@cmmama and @ozycy and other mamas that have used HNWMC pls kindly recommend accommodation new the Hosp.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 3:26pm On Aug 06, 2018
So sorry dear. I've been denied US Visa twice and I know how it feels. It's not funny at all. I cried and cried.

Pele dear.

If you still want to go, heard there are some agents that can get you closer dates sha.

But if you've made up your mind, it's fine.

mpres:

Mind not to even bother again. My EDD is end of October. I hear no dates are available till October anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bimbyabim: 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
lilyemmy:
Ebony84, well done, was about recommending same...I have used him previously in 2015, DR F.
so for New Jersey bound mums, google him, best of luck! and to my fellow ESTA/ NO visa needed mums, guess its best to apply wisdom at POE!

Hello, pls did Dr F give you a letter of appointment to use at point of entry. What was his cost like and which hospital did you use? Thanks for ur response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bimbyabim: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2018
mimeeeali:
Hi, Please can you share this information with me? ii sent you a DM. I should be in new jersey next month

Hello, am considering NJ too and need information about hospitals and Dr. Can I email you?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bimbyabim: 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
kafcakes:
I'm in new jersey, send ur email add, I can assist with info, been to few hospitals, finally settled for one and had my first appointment today.

I also need info on NJ Hosp and Dr too that is affordable. Pls kindly assist. Can I email you?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Walmun(f): 4:37pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hi All,

Please does anyone have the latest info on St Francis in LA? Kindly share if you do. I will appreciate Dr M's email address too.

You can email me on Peshdon@yahoo.com if you don't mind.

Thank you!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FaithfulTemi: 5:38pm On Aug 06, 2018
Please mas sirs, i need hospital and doctor recommendation in virginia if anyone can help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by baeboss: 6:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
mpres:

Hi dear. So sorry to hear this. You can apply again. This time around, try not to give one line answers to their questions.The main thing this visa officers want to know is if you can afford your trip and if you have ties (economic and social) back in nigeria that will bring you back home. Most of their questions will be centered on this. Try to answer this questions without them asking if u know what i mean (u can check my interview post) e.g visa officer: what r u going to do in the US?
You: im on maternity leave so i intend to travel during this period to give birth"
With this eg you have been able to kill two birds with one stone. You have answered his question no doubt but u have also answered another question of his that he is yet to ask because you mentioned "maternity leave" everyone knows its only people that are workng that are entitled to that. So you have answered the yet to be asked question on economic ties.
Most times they dont ask for documents, so you only have ur words to convince them. Above all, you need to pray. Tell the Holy Spirit to take control.
Wow! Long epistle. Pardon any typographical errors. Hope you understnd wat im trying to say shaa. If u dont u can send a dm

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Amazing01: 7:14pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello house! Anyone looking to share an apartment in Atlanta GA in September/ October and/or November should send me a message. Apartment is about 5 mins from a very affordable hospital.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mpres: 8:28pm On Aug 06, 2018
baeboss:

Hi dear. So sorry to hear this. You can apply again. This time around, try not to give one line answers to their questions.The main thing this visa officers want to know is if you can afford your trip and if you have ties (economic and social) back in nigeria that will bring you back home. Most of their questions will be centered on this. Try to answer this questions without them asking if u know what i mean (u can check my interview post) e.g visa officer: what r u going to do in the US?
You: im on maternity leave so i intend to travel during this period to give birth"
With this eg you have been able to kill two birds with one stone. You have answered his question no doubt but u have also answered another question of his that he is yet to ask because you mentioned "maternity leave" everyone knows its only people that are workng that are entitled to that. So you have answered the yet to be asked question on economic ties.
Most times they dont ask for documents, so you only have ur words to convince them. Above all, you need to pray. Tell the Holy Spirit to take control.
Wow! Long epistle. Pardon any typographical errors. Hope you understnd wat im trying to say shaa. If u dont u can send a dm

Thank you so much. I’ve noted all the points. If I can get a date between now and September I’ll try again. If not, I’ll leave it till the next pregnancy.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2018
mpres:

Thank you so much. I’ve noted all the points. If I can get a date between now and September I’ll try again. If not, I’ll leave it till the next pregnancy.

I quite know how u feel cos it happened to my wife but my candid advice is for you to go back to your drawing board and restrategise for your next pregnancy, I notice that we started late and it really affected my wife and I don't want such to happen again so immediately God stumps it for you, start preparing from that day one. With this, you would not be put in a tight corner in case unexpected happens. Eg my wife told me she was pregnant and immediately I contacted Dr and was given appointment, I was about booking visa appointment when she opened up to me that she was only joking so plan well on your next pregnancy. Please if your mind still furge ahead, Jesus will back u up and let His favour shine on you. Just my own 2 kobo

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mpres: 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
aremso:

I quite know how u feel cos it happened to my wife but my candid advice is for you to go back to your drawing board and restrategise for your next pregnancy, I notice that we started late and it really affected my wife and I don't want such to happen again so immediately God stumps it for you, start preparing from that day one. With this, you would not be put in a tight corner in case unexpected happens. Eg my wife told me she was pregnant and immediately I contacted Dr and was given appointment, I was about booking visa appointment when she opened up to me that she was only joking so plan well on your next pregnancy. Please if your mind still furge ahead, Jesus will back u up and let His favour shine on you. Just my own 2 kobo

Thank you Sir. I really appreciate all the advice and support.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ItzChinnex(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2018
When I finish my M.s in Germany, can I move over(migrate) to Canada/US?
Would love a country that its language is based solely on English.
Need answers please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 9:22am On Aug 07, 2018
Your wife is funny...���

aremso:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
Wrong thread. Check the US Immigrant visa thread

ItzChinnex:
When I finish my M.s in Germany, can I move over(migrate) to Canada/US?

Would love a country that its language is based solely on English.

Need answers please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 1:24pm On Aug 07, 2018
No way ma'am. Take LO and u would even be glad you did.

quote author=MaziIcar post=69947353]Please how does the visa-on-arrival thing for babies work or is there a way of doing passport for the baby without going to Washington DC? Please help.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 3:40pm On Aug 07, 2018
Airsalay:
What about the baby's Nigerian passport or visa to enter nigaria, how did you go about that?

Applied for Visa On Arrival and made payment at the immigration at MMA.
Note that they do not accept any card issed by a Nigerian bank (even if it is a dollar card). Luckily for me someone who had a US dollar card paid for me and I gave the person cash.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 07, 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lilyemmy(f): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
bimbyabim:

Hello, pls did Dr F give you a letter of appointment to use at point of entry. What was his cost like and which hospital did you use? Thanks for ur response

Hello, Not at all my sister. I was not aware of all these serious prep back in the days ..lol
Also, I did not travel from Naija ( I don't live in Naija). As per the cost, it was less than $10,000 (there about) for Doc, Hospt and Pead.
They have recently increased their fees but it still around 10k for Csec and less than that for V birth, they have also changed the hosp they use as well.
U can google and contact them for more info. If you still need mt help, u can PM ME or drop your email for me to contact you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Aug 07, 2018
@All

Please stop dropping your contact details here its not safe.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 7:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
justwise:
@All

Please stop dropping your contact details here its not safe.

Thanks ooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bimbyabim: 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
lilyemmy:

Hello, Not at all my sister. I was not aware of all these serious prep back in the days ..lol
Also, I did not travel from Naija ( I don't live in Naija). As per the cost, it was less than $10,000 (there about) for Doc, Hospt and Pead.
They have recently increased their fees but it still around 10k for Csec and less than that for V birth, they have also changed the hosp they use as well.
U can google and contact them for more info. If you still need mt help, u can PM ME or drop your email for me to contact you.

Thanks Sis.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by fola62: 9:56pm On Aug 07, 2018
expectingmum:

I had my baby in S.F in 2018.
Quite affordable but accomodation is expensive.
If you need more info, pls send me an email.

I researched on SF, very expensive.
Which hospital/doctor you used in LA?
St.Francis was it in Lynwood?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.