Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1169786 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tsrlee11: 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2019
Grubsk:
Hello house;
please I have a question; I was told that for me to collect my babies birth certificate I need 2 strong ID’s like passport or national ID or Drivers license if not they won’t give me the birth certificate. How true is that ?

Thank you

You can use your Nigerian international passport.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 4:39pm On Feb 06, 2019
yes, i went there just to get th number. mine was ready after 15 working days.

Chanbaby:

I don't understand. U went to SSA office to collect SSN? Well i went day 3weeks after birth and they checked and said no number has been assigned to my baby yet. Already has his passport though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 4:46pm On Feb 06, 2019
somebody here paid online with their nigerian card. so try and pay online. If you have a foreign US card then you can pay at the airport. If the naira card doesnt work, then look for someone who has a dollar card to help you pay. i heard they could even allow you go home but they will seize baby passport and you come back to pick it when you pay.

Chanbaby:
Pls i need clarification, I know cash payment is not accepted for Visa on arrival. I don't have a US bank card or a dollar master card. i only have access bank visa card and Zenith master card. can i use any of these to pay. has anyone tried it and it was accepted? or what other options are available. Pls help me with info I'm travelling this weekend with 2children I'm really stressed physically and mentally pls give info concerning voa paymeny to reduce my mental stress a bit. Thank u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Olsbby: 7:22pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello Mummies,
Pls i am a FTM and just had my LO last week in Virginia & i was told it would take 4-6 weeks to get my babys birth certificate. Please can anyone who has had a baby in virginia tell me how to get it faster so i can apply for the passport as my return date to Nigeria is early march.
Also please what is the email address and steps to send the application for “visa on arrival”.
Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumtwins2: 8:04pm On Feb 06, 2019
Olsbby:
Hello Mummies,
Pls i am a FTM and just had my LO last week in Virginia & i was told it would take 4-6 weeks to get my babys birth certificate. Please can anyone who has had a baby in virginia tell me how to get it faster so i can apply for the passport as my return date to Nigeria is early march.
Also please what is the email address and steps to send the application for “visa on arrival”.
Thanks alot

Congrats on your baby God bless the lo, please ehat accomodation did you use ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Olsbby: 8:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mumtwins2:

Congrats on your baby God bless the lo, please ehat accomodation did you use ?

Thanks alot

I stayed with Family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:16pm On Feb 06, 2019
Mumtwins2:
Hello everybody !!! Please doe those who have used henrico doctors hospital abeg how did you go about accommodation ... The ones the hospital sent ... The price our nigerians are calling is high ... Pleaae help ... Most I have been seeing are unfurnished while the furnished ones are so expensive ...
it depends on what "high is for you. Most of them are within $900-$1000 monthly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozycy: 11:19pm On Feb 06, 2019
Olsbby:
Hello Mummies,
Thanks alot
that's the normal thing they say. It doesn't take that long cos someone got everything done and left within 2weeks just this January.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerrr: 11:57pm On Feb 06, 2019
Olsbby:
Hello Mummies,
Thanks alot

Congratulations!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerrr: 11:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
ozycy:
that's the normal thing they say. It doesn't take that long cos someone got everything done and left within 2weeks just this January.

Is there something special to do to get it quicker? I want to leave within two weeks too.. I know someone who was able to in Detroit but all the info I get from official departments is not as promising.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shanaka29: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2019
Hi everyone,

Glad to be back on this board grin

I used it 3 years ago and it was very helpful.
I had my baby girl in Houston using Dr. Fab.

My POE experience was awful (that was my own doing since I only had 2500$ in cash but more than enough on my a bank account).
I finally got in after 8hrs in secondary inspection. My detailed story is somewhere on here cry .

Thank God, the rest of the journey was a breeze. Had a CS, paid all the bills, collected all the paperwork and left before my ESTA expiration date.

I’m planning another trip this year (God willing by the end of the year). I wanted to have recent feedbacks from people who used dr Fab or Houston POE. It seems like the current climate is really not in our favor and Texas has always been tougher than most states

I’m considering using JFK instead and making a domestic connection. Would that look suspicious to the CBP ?

Thank guys and may God bless us all

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by noncapax: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2019
Chanbaby:
Pls i need clarification, I know cash payment is not accepted for Visa on arrival. I don't have a US bank card or a dollar master card. i only have access bank visa card and Zenith master card. can i use any of these to pay. has anyone tried it and it was accepted? or what other options are available. Pls help me with info I'm travelling this weekend with 2children I'm really stressed physically and mentally pls give info concerning voa paymeny to reduce my mental stress a bit. Thank u.

They won't accept your nigerian cards but will take cash.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adedoyin2108: 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2019
nana101:
Hello house. I need your help/assistance please.
Those who used or know anyone that has used Houston north west medical center and the pediatrician affiliated with them please help me with a name and the cost that he or she paid

Peadiatrix. I paid $675 in Jan 2018
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Olsbby: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2019
ozycy:

Please is there anything she did to speeden the process? Also pls what are the steps for VOA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 1:58am On Feb 08, 2019
You can't be sent back for changing destinations. It's not a crime!

peacenigeria:

Officers are looking for an excuse to send birth tourists back. Go where ever you said you were going and avoid coming back here to post the drama you created by doing other than you specifically said you would do to the VO and for which you were approved.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 2:01am On Feb 08, 2019
I paid online with my SCB Naira card.

Chanbaby:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 2:04am On Feb 08, 2019
You need a BC to get the passport and that can up to 2wks to be issued.

Summerrr:

Do you think it is possible to leave within 2 weeks of the baby's birth? I have heard it would take 30 days or more to receive the SSN so not sure if I need to wait around for it. I want to leave asap but was also told by DOH Hawaii that it would take 4-6 weeks for a birth certificate and they won't confirm that it would be shorter if I go to an office instead. The US passport seems to be the fastest document to get, with a one day turn around possible if you go in person but I'm nervous about the other stuff taking long...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peacenigeria: 3:42am On Feb 08, 2019
Ebony84:
You can't be sent back for changing destinations. It's not a crime!

Its not a crime to have your baby in the US either, yet VO officers are turning back more people as soon as they are aware of this for whatever excuse they are able to find. Although your statement is true, just like having your baby in the US is legal, the reality is people have been denied visas and sent back for these reasons. If anyone wants to “roll the dice”, they are free to do so but it is a pretty stupid gamble if you ask me.

We are already stereotyped as liars and this only fuels the fire. But by all means, good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gosky1: 10:05am On Feb 08, 2019
Hi People,I will appreciate your advice please. My elder brother stayed in the US for 5 months and two weeks on a B1/B2 Visit visa and he did stay that long because he had a severe stress disorder and the family advised him to go for a long vacation,he stayed with our kid sis and her family in Dallas. I got an information that he cannot cross the point of entry for a visit again because of the long stay and i am confused because he did not overstay the 180 days,he did not commit any crime or worked while in the US and his visa is still valid for 10 months. Does any have a clue on how to deal with this? he is planning to visit again in 5 months time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adedoyin2108: 11:26am On Feb 08, 2019
[quote author=Oleayo22 post=75310607][/quote]

Hello, please could you share info on Henrico hospital/doctor? My email is pholthar21@yahoo.com. Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adedoyin2108: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2019
Oleayo22:
@Dlordschild,
I will advise you to think twice about using Henricos. Used them and that was what got me a 221g interview. Their bills are not straight forward o because of the huge discount they give. They have top notch service and I enjoyed my 3days with them and the doctor was fantastic as well.
Please clarify with their financial counselor is what I am cautioning. All the best.

Hello, please could you share contact details of Henrico hospital/doctor? My email is pholthar21@yahoo.com. Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chanbaby: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2019
Ebony84:
I paid online with my SCB Naira card.

i just send u a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ebony84: 3:08pm On Feb 08, 2019
Responded

Chanbaby:

i just send u a pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 4:07pm On Feb 08, 2019
nana101:
Hello house. I need your help/assistance please.
Those who used or know anyone that has used Houston north west medical center and the pediatrician affiliated with them please help me with a name and the cost that he or she paid

Hi, Paediatrix gives bills on a case by case basis. A friend paid $675 in October 2018 and I paid $3100 in January 2019. Just ensure you ask for good discount. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by KennyMKO: 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2019
Olsbby:
Hello Mummies,
Thanks alot

It can take up to that if you wait for everything to come in the mail. What you can do is to do work-in service. Go to the office in person where birth certificate is issued in Virginia . You can get it in one day. Thereafter book an appointment at Passport office and also go in person, that can also be gotten within two days as long as it falls within two weeks of your travel. By then your SSN would have arrived in the mail. Got my LO's SSN in 12 working days, that's like 2 weeks 2 days. Then you can visit Nigerian immigration website on details of how to get approval for VOA. Everything can be done within 2-3 weeks. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vgil100: 6:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
babestell:
somebody here paid online with their nigerian card. so try and pay online. If you have a foreign US card then you can pay at the airport. If the naira card doesnt work, then look for someone who has a dollar card to help you pay. i heard they could even allow you go home but they will seize baby passport and you come back to pick it when you pay.

Well said sis. Pls for people who paid VOA fees online,how can one upload baby's picture.please is there way out of this pix upload thing because i have tried all i can? Or am i doing the wrong thing?Pls ls help guys!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 9:44am On Feb 09, 2019
@ henricos you can go to the dept that issues birth certificates after a week and it will be processed same day.

Please can anyone help me with the financial councellors number for henricos tricia is not replying my mails and i need “itemised” bill

Also wondering the latest cost of delivery there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.