Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166510 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Okolinneoma(f): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2019
HAPPY VAL TO EVERYONE...

Please i am new here and still finding it difficult on how to get by.
i have been able to do a lot of reading. i would like to have my baby in Tulsa, oklahoma because i have an accommodation there. i have found some hospitals and doctors in that area using google but am yet to contact them. Does anyone have an experience about there? i honestly dont mind changing state even though the accommodation is a plus. waiting for kind response from the gurus..... thanks to everyone, this thread is more than helpful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumtwins2: 1:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
Wait o so me that my discount shows 21000 i am in trouble ? Hospital says they dont write letters neither do they send only 0 balance ... what do i do now incase i am called for interview ... i also have all recipts and coreespondednce stating the amount to pay ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 2:54pm On Feb 14, 2019
jayfierce:

Both category of patients are billed say $22,000, but the self-pay is given a discount of roughly 75%. That $22,000 still appears on the bill for the self-pay patient making it look ridiculous.

I understand that you've said that the insurance companies dont even pay the $22,000 that they are billed but only a fraction. However the US govt doesn't believe that we the self-pay are entitled to same fractional payment. Maybe because most of the insured are on a longer term contribution to the economy of the US than the short term visitors.

I've told you before that the highest I got for using a type of medical service in the US was 50% for paying cash. Applying 50% to a bill of $22,000 would bring the cost of birthing to $11,000. This has been the average "LET MY PEOPLE GO" mark for Visa officers.

I commend health care providers that are ready to give the non-discounted package to patients who request for it. I would have said a 25% discount was okay but I think the US is ramping up for full payment in the long run.

While I understand your point I am merely stating facts, not an opinion, as to how it is that the price is as low as it is in some hospitals. Also of concern is the fact that it is only Nigeria that is being subjected to this new standard, other countries are applying for Visas without issues so it's not the discount that is bothering the VO's. And lastly, ALL hospitals will bill the complete price if patients ask for them. There have been patients that ask for the complete price at Doctoresparati and they have been issued the normal price or whatever price they are willing to pay above the discounted price. Basically, the patients are paying whatever they want in El Paso, either the discounted price or anything above that.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gosina: 4:12pm On Feb 14, 2019
I tried getting an adjusted bill with no discount from doctoresparaati but they said I have to enrolll first and that means paying $150 .
I just need it for visa purposes , please can anyone help me with the full adjusted bill from doctoresparaati ? what is the breakdown like ?
Please it’s urgent as my interview is on the 19th.
Thank you .
Vlesparza:

Unfortunately, some patients asking to pay full price at Doctoresparati in El Paso, TX as well. Although the discounts offered are not linked to any kind of govt subsidy, it is sad that Nigerians are paying more than other patients since people from other countries pay the discounted price and have no issues. In any case, www.doctoresparati.com is sending the paperwork with the non-discounted prices and billing the full price upon request.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 4:27pm On Feb 14, 2019
Gosina:
I tried getting an adjusted bill with no discount from doctoresparaati but they said I have to enrolll first and that means paying $150 .
I just need it for visa purposes , please can anyone help me with the full adjusted bill from doctoresparaati ? what is the breakdown like ?
Please it’s urgent as my interview is on the 19th.
Thank you .

As with most clinics, payment is needed to receive any documentation. At times, the embassy calls to verify your information, cost, and appointment, if you are not enrolled, nobody can confirm what you are telling the officer.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumtwins2: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2019
Mumtwins2:
Wait o so me that my discount shows 21000 i am in trouble ? Hospital says they dont write letters neither do they send only 0 balance ... what do i do now incase i am called for interview ... i also have all recipts and coreespondednce stating the amount to pay ...

Someonw help me o
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 5:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hello every body,pls I have an interview to go for because I want to renew my us visa and I had my baby there but I paid out of pocket. Pls I hope am safe
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 6:08pm On Feb 15, 2019
smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Elo2020:
Good-day House

I went for visa interview 31st January & i was given a white sheet stating administrative processing & my hospital/dr correspondence plus bank statement were taken.
Also my passport was taken by the VO as well & she said i ll be contacted soon.
Please would like to know when i’m likely to get a reply/my passport back from the embassy, or should i send a mail to them.
Please Help!!!
Good day,pls I will be going for my interview soon.pls I will like to know if u give birth in us.thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 6:15pm On Feb 15, 2019
Mumbuk731:

hello, this happened to me too, how much is your bill in total? as i think they verify with the hospital to be sure you did not vollect any mediaid.Dont worry just pray you will be given because my visa was approved after like three working days and all my bills returned.
Mumbuk731,plsi need you help,I give birth at us but I went with b1/b2 visa,I hope am safe because my interview is coming us soon.I hope u don't mind sharing ur chart with the vo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
Starmate:
smiley[color=#006600][/color]
Good day,pls I will be going for my interview soon.pls I will like to know if u give birth in us.thanks

Hello, this is my first time going for childbirth in US. However, if you have gone before for childbirth, just get all your payment receipts from hospital & doctor ready.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Don’t wait for them.... Log into your profile on the CGI website and print your Appointment Confirmation afresh from there, it will come with the new barcode.

OmoBendel24.
Pls I used my b1/b2 visa for birthing. and am going for renewal interview.pls am save
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 7:14pm On Feb 15, 2019
I agree but if you argue too much with them, they will also get offended.

Both category of patients are billed say $22,000, but the self-pay is given a discount of roughly 75%. That $22,000 still appears on the bill for the self-pay patient making it look ridiculous.

I understand that you've said that the insurance companies dont even pay the $22,000 that they are billed but only a fraction. However the US govt doesn't believe that we the self-pay are entitled to same fractional payment. Maybe because most of the insured are on a longer term contribution to the economy of the US than the short term visitors.

I've told you before that the highest I got for using a type of medical service in the US was 50% for paying cash. Applying 50% to a bill of $22,000 would bring the cost of birthing to $11,000. This has been the average "LET MY PEOPLE GO" mark for Visa officers.

I commend health care providers that are ready to give the non-discounted package to patients who request for it. I would have said a 25% discount was okay but I think the US is ramping up for full payment in the long run.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jaykinde: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2019
shanaka29:

Don’t know about VOs but I used Houston POE 3 years ago and 2 officers made very sarcastic comments about Dr F. They know him, they know about this board too. My personal feeling is that using Dr F. is not a plus, au contraire

I also used Houston POE and Dr F in 2016. And yes they knew him although no sarcastic comment, I noticed they were familiar with his terms and conditions, so it is easy to caught you if you lied. They also had his numbers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 8:54pm On Feb 15, 2019
Elo2020:

Hello, this is my first time going for childbirth in US. However, if you have gone before for childbirth, just get all your payment receipts from hospital & doctor ready.
Pls I hope u don't mind sharing ur chart with the VO
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAbikeade: 10:04pm On Feb 15, 2019
Good evening house.My friend sent a mail for Visa on Arrival but almost immediate she got a response as follows:

MAIL WELL RECEIVED, YOU ARE KINDLY ADVISED TO VISIT THE NEAREST NIGERIA EMBASSY TO OBTAIN YOUR VISA.

Please has anyone experienced this? what do you advice.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bookel: 8:39am On Feb 16, 2019
Hello please I need help. I was denied Visa on 11/2/19 reason because my hospital bill (6700)was too low. I feel very lost trying to get another bill. can some1 help me with details of hospital n doctors who can give a bill between 15k -20k. I really need this desperately so I can reapply. thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 9:11am On Feb 16, 2019
bookel:
Hello please I need help. I was denied Visa on 11/2/19 reason because my hospital bill (6700)was too low. I feel very lost trying to get another bill. can some1 help me with details of hospital n doctors who can give a bill between 15k -20k. I really need this desperately so I can reapply. thank you.
The 6700 is it for your previous baby or incoming
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 9:21am On Feb 16, 2019
Starmate:

OmoBendel24.
Pls I used my b1/b2 visa for birthing. and am going for renewal interview.pls am save

Lolz! A lot of panic from your end this seems.

Well, what was the visa issued for in the first and what was it first used for by you? Did you declare childbirth? Did you not pay? What was your bill like? This last one has become much more important in recent times.

Begin to calculate your “safety” from your answer the above questions, and the category of “wahala” to expect. Those of us who didn’t use our visas for birthing and those who did despite meeting all that is required can actually not boldly just beat their chest for a smooth renewal sef without some minutest level of panic cheesy

You see? All the best....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bookel: 9:23am On Feb 16, 2019
6700 is for incoming baby am a first time mum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bookel: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2019
Greatg0809:

The 6700 is it for your previous baby or incoming

it's for incoming am a first time mum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 10:50am On Feb 16, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Lolz! A lot of panic from your end this seems.

Well, what was the visa issued for in the first and what was it first used for by you? Did you declare childbirth? Did you not pay? What was your bill like? This last one has become much more important in recent times.

Begin to calculate your “safety” from your answer the above questions, and the category of “wahala” to expect. Those of us who didn’t use our visas for birthing and those who did despite meeting all that is required can actually not boldly just beat their chest for a smooth renewal sef without some minutest level of panic cheesy

You see? All the best....
OmoBendel24
Good morning,it was for visiting which I used it for but but I after my renewal I used it for birth n I payed out of pocket.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nkky: 11:01am On Feb 16, 2019
bookel:

U can get 15-20k in Raleigh NC. For just hospital, doctor and anesthesiologist not included
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 11:10am On Feb 16, 2019
bookel:

it's for incoming am a first time mum.
Ur case is different my sister, call Methodist sugar land . My problem is I used oakbend and dr E my bill for everything wasn’t even up to Ds bill and 222g my interview is coming up. Where will I start from.who has renewed wt oakbend biko

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bookel: 12:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
nkky:

U can get 15-20k in Raleigh NC. For just hospital, doctor and anesthesiologist not included

pls do you doctors information like phone number or email?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by nkky: 1:44pm On Feb 16, 2019
bookel:

pls do you doctors information like phone number or email?

This is one quote i got from the hospital

1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Iyabeji12(f): 2:25pm On Feb 16, 2019
please is anyone else having problems with the ds160 form? I've been trying to fill it for over a month and it just keeps timing out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2019
Greatg0809:

Ur case is different my sister, call Methodist sugar land . My problem is I used oakbend and dr E my bill for everything wasn’t even up to Ds bill and 222g my interview is coming up. Where will I start from.who has renewed wt oakbend biko

Hello,
I just did this week and it wasn’t a walk in the park.
Still undergoing administrative processing as VO requested for an itemized bill mainly from the hospital showing all charges(not zero balance letter).
I used Dr Z.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2019
JMarines:

Hello,
I just did this week and it wasn’t a walk in the park.
Still undergoing administrative processing as VO requested for an itemized bill mainly from the hospital showing all charges(not zero balance letter).
I used Dr Z.
Please sorry,did you get the visa or u attended the interview and they just asked for only itemized bill and asked u to come Bk. Sorry explain,my case is I’m preg again and I got a new bill for incoming baby from Methodist sugar land for 12k but my old bill shud not even be up to 7k for everything
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 6:16pm On Feb 16, 2019
Greatg0809:

Please sorry,did you get the visa or u attended the interview and they just asked for only itemized bill and asked u to come Bk. Sorry explain,my case is I’m preg again and I got a new bill for incoming baby from Methodist sugar land for 12k but my old bill shud not even be up to 7k for everything

I pray I get by his grace.
It is still undergoing administrative processing.
Yes, I attended my interview.
Every document you can think of was requested.
The VO said he needed to see the charges from the hospital. It seems the discount given from the hospital is raising an eyebrow.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 7:43pm On Feb 16, 2019
JMarines:

The VO said he needed to see the charges from the hospital. It seems the discount given from the hospital is raising an eyebrow.
JMarines
I believe u will get it,pls what documents did they ask you for and how dose itemized bill look like
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 7:49pm On Feb 16, 2019
JMarines:

Please can you post your transcript so we learn
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Starmate: 9:03pm On Feb 16, 2019
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=Starmate post=75764887]
Mumbuk731,plsi need you help,I give birth at us but I went with b1/b2 visa,I hope am safe because my interview is coming us soon.I hope u don't mind sharing ur chart with the vo.[/quote
Mumbuk
Good evening pls how much did u pay for the hospital. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.