Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1162741 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I don't think that will be possible.

Even with it being legal people are still abusing it with all kind of sneaky ways to get the visa and still end up abusing the terms of the visa.

I think I might have to contact my Congress man this weekend & ask him to push forward for a floor vote on the Abolition of Birth Tourism in the United States...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
Babyvet:

Look I live in America and I’m not paying no damn $30, 000 for child birth. America is a capitalist society , if the hospitals are accepting self paying immigrants patients that means it’s helping them . America can not afford stringent immigrants policies , immigrants help fund this economy . Look at states who tried to impose stringent policies on immigrants and look at their economy .

The US has un-countless number of legal ways to help bring immigrants into the US...and of which they are already doing.

Go and check the USCIS website to know them all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

I think I might have to contact my Congress man this weekend & ask him to push forward for a floor vote on the Abolition of Birth Tourism in the United States...
Ehn now you are talking, don’t just sit work, you can start from today since u are free on wednesdays

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 3:02pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t like Donald J Trump but that’s one policy I will wholeheartedly support...

The Immigration Law needs to be codified to meet the current states of affairs.

Under Subsequent Immigration Laws congress can make it in such a way that Visiting Aliens are more welcome to give birth to the United States but the Child can only be a U.S. Citizen if and only if one of the parents was a U.S. Citizen OR a Permanent Resident at the time of Birth...

In essence, it’s the citizenship they are giving that is paining you the most and not necessarily the “low” figure being paid by visitors. Different forms of witchcraft sha.... Kai!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

Either you pay out of pocket OR your insurance pays...

So if you’re arguing that you don’t pay to give birth in the United States then that’s a Big Fat Lie...

How do Mums who simply come to America just to give birth fund the American Economy?

Like I said before, without Birth Tourism the United States of America will still function normally...

Heck, Nigerians are no longer eligible for DV Lottery has it affected the American Economy?

Did I say they should not pay? Reared my posts , I said immigrants , I did not list Nigerians . Immigrants should pay whatever the hospital is charge . If a hospital is charging $5000 , then that’s their price . Self paying patient susually get discounts but they are paying directly to the hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2019
OmoBendel24:

In essence, it’s the citizenship they are giving that is paining you the most and not necessarily the “low” figure being paid by visitors. Different forms of witchcraft sha.... Kai!

No mind am, instead of him to focus on his life. Like how does birth tourism concern him? I work in the hospital and I pay my taxes , it’s not bothering me. I don’t know why some immigrants become anti immigrants.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Huh?

Okay, now you're beginning to make me believe what Maternal said about you some weeks ago that you may not be living in the US as you claim..

The US visa is one of if not the most easy to get and most easy to be abused compared to other developed countries like Canada, Australia, UK and so forth.

You can believe whatever you want , I have lived here over half of my life. The system is more abused because their immigration system is broke. I’m very aware of America’s immigrant policies .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2019
Babyvet:

No mind am, instead of him to focus on his life. Like how does birth tourism concern him? I work in the hospital and I pay my taxes , it’s not bothering me.

It concerns me because the United States is a Nation of Law...

We cannot allow visiting immigrants to take advantage of various loopholes in our current immigration policy...

By codifying the current immigration system to only allow a Child to become a Citizen at the time of birth if and only if one of the parent is either a U.S. Citizen OR a Permanent Resident we would be eliminating most if not all who only sole purpose to give birth in the United States is simply to take advantage of the weak immigration system in the United States...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 3:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
Babyvet:

No mind am, instead of him to focus on his life. Like how does birth tourism concern him? I work in the hospital and I pay my taxes , it’s not bothering me.
Don’t mind him,ppl like that u just make a joke out of whatever they are saying
I’m not saying there are no bad eggs here but let’s take for instance I don’t know about nairaland and then I call a hospital and I state I’m paying,they say 3000,pls will I be begging them for me to pay more.
Even in America when I went for docs appointment a woman that gave me a lift the day I went to register was asking why I’m paying this much,I started explaining self pay bla bla bla before she could understand
I don’t know why some people can’t mind d biz that pays them
If an employer finds out he has a corrupt worker the best is to sack the worker not the people he’s rendering services to,that’s wat I expect the embassy to do,work with them,but we learn everyday
Please let’s concentrate on those posting transcripts and since the new way is to stop using cheap hospitals let’s stop until Oga tells them to abolish birth tourism sha

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 3:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

We cannot allow visiting immigrants to take advantage of various loopholes in our current immigration policy...

By codifying the current immigration system to only allow a Child to become a Citizen at the time of birth if and only if one of the parent is either a U.S. Citizen OR a Permanent Resident we would be eliminating most if not all who only sole purpose to give birth in the United States is simply to circumvent the Immigration channel already put in place by the United States Government...
How did u become a citizen, just answer. I’m more interested in that

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 3:36pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

By codifying the current immigration system to only allow a Child to become a Citizen at the time of birth if and only if one of the parent is either a U.S. Citizen OR a Permanent Resident we would be eliminating most if not all who only sole purpose to give birth in the United States is simply to take advantage of the weak immigration system in the United States...

See your mouth like “our”! The children wey all these Nigerians dem don born till even this morning so, you know say dem be part of that “our” (if not more qualified for it than even you if jus soli isn’t your portion), no matter the “cifia” pain wey you dey go through now? I know all your type will wish for now is even some retroactive law ni.... America is yet the representation of the free world, deal with that in the interim!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 3:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
Greatg0809:

Lol. He has avoided the question . I dont know what an american is doing on a nigerian thread. Even has a moniker sef.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 3:41pm On Mar 20, 2019
Am still struggling to understand all this discount issues ..... unless there is another things embedded in it that i dont know. If a dealer post a car on its website for $18,000, since most people in US can not pay that amount of cash from their pocket and i approached him that am paying cash straight away and he gave me a discount for paying out of pocket and not on installment, how did that become a sin or an offence...?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peacenigeria: 3:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
Greatg0809:

Unfortunately, he is like many immigrants that once they reach the United States they forget about their roots and believe the nationalistic narrative, which in fact is just another form of racism.

Once out of Nigeria, if you even are from Nigeria, you think there are differences or levels between people just because of the fortune or misfortune of where they were born, a role nobody has control over. He believes there should be inequalities in which he should have an advantage over other humans based on the specific circumstances that were presented to him/her. He doesnt believe we (the whole world/humans) should all have equal opportunities.

The United States is founded on Immigration, and I hope youre elitist/racist and subdeveloped mind lets you see that.

To this forum: I will not answer any response from this person (Alexandre7) as it brings nothing of worth and only negativity and urge everyone not to respond to (Alexandre7) since it feeds this little troll’s mind that adds nothing of worth to society.

Have a great day my fellow Nigerians and do not let negative fools like this one discourage you!

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

Okay England has that rule and how is their country? Personally , how does it affect you? Americans are abusing the welfare system, why don’t you fight about that ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

I don’t like Donald J Trump but that’s one policy I will wholeheartedly support...

The Immigration Law needs to be codified to meet the current states of affairs.

Under Subsequent Immigration Laws congress can make it in such a way that Visiting Aliens are more welcome to give birth to the United States but the Child can only be a U.S. Citizen if and only if one of the parents was a U.S. Citizen OR a Permanent Resident at the time of Birth...

What is keeping you in Ajegunle? Go and join the congress. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 4:15pm On Mar 20, 2019
Greatg0809:

Don’t mind him,ppl like that u just make a joke out of whatever they are saying
I’m not saying there are no bad eggs here but let’s take for instance I don’t know about nairaland and then I call a hospital and I state I’m paying,they say 3000,pls will I be begging them for me to pay more.
Even in America when I went for docs appointment a woman that gave me a lift the day I went to register was asking why I’m paying this much,I started explaining self pay bla bla bla before she could understand
I don’t know why some people can’t mind d biz that pays them
If an employer finds out he has a corrupt worker the best is to sack the worker not the people he’s rendering services to,that’s wat I expect the embassy to do,work with them,but we learn everyday
Please let’s concentrate on those posting transcripts and since the new way is to stop using cheap hospitals let’s stop until Oga tells them to abolish birth tourism sha

Exactly , there are more important issues to focus . It’s all about supply and demand . Immigrants are even trying by coughing up all this money . Abeg how many Americanshave thousands of dollars sitting in their account?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Babyvet: 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2019
peacenigeria:

Unfortunately, he is like many immigrants that once they reach the United States they forget about their roots and believe the nationalistic narrative, which in fact is just another form of racism.

Once out of Nigeria, if you even are from Nigeria, you think there are differences or levels between people just because of the fortune or misfortune of where they were born, a role nobody has control over. He believes there should be inequalities in which he should have an advantage over other humans based on the specific circumstances that were presented to him/her. He doesnt believe we (the whole world/humans) should all have equal opportunities.

The United States is founded on Immigration, and I hope youre elitist/racist and subdeveloped mind lets you see that.

To this forum: I will not answer any response from this person (Alexandre7) as it brings nothing of worth and only negativity and urge everyone not to respond to (Alexandre7) since it feeds this little troll’s mind that adds nothing of worth to society.

Have a great day my fellow Nigerians and do not let negative fools like this one discourage you!

I was born abroad and I don’t have that stupid mentality . No one should . I’m not even sure if he is an American. Like you said America is founded on immigration. It’s not their land ,they stole it from native Americans . They also stole slaves from Africa and bought them over here to build the country. Let’s be honest , it’s mostly people from third world countries rushing to America. So if they are willing to spend all this money to secure American citizenship for their child/ children then let them.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumnadine: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2019
OmoBendel24:

my sister the witchcraft no get part two.some people can be wicked for no reason sha�

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mumnadine: 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
OmoBendel24:

hmmm the witchcraft no get part two.some people can be wicked for just no reason gaskiya
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by modath(f): 4:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

cheesy cheesy

& people here won't know you are just a troll. cheesy

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by 7Alexandre: 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2019
modath:

cheesy cheesy

& people here won't know you are just a troll. cheesy

grin grin grin

My sister tell me why Nigerians take everything serious...

Maybe na wetin Buhari Cause...

Sai Baba till 2023...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2019
7Alexandre:

grin grin grin

My sister tell me why Nigerians take everything serious...

Maybe na wetin Buhari Cause...

Sai Baba till 2023...

Abeg our blood is hot on this thread. Bad timing to throll us o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eclectica: 8:17pm On Mar 20, 2019
[quote author=Greatg0809 post=76822746][/quote]

Thanks!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 8:51pm On Mar 20, 2019
Please people how can one change appointment to Abuja..I have been looking for date for over a month..Lets ignore all this distractions and respond to valid questions on the blog biko...Help!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2019
BOmum:
Please people how can one change appointment to Abuja..I have been looking for date for over a month..Lets ignore all this distractions and respond to valid questions on the blog biko...Help!
Mayb you should call them, I tried but I couldn’t change from Lagos to Abuja on 221g
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2019
Greatg0809:

It’s longgggg, call Texas births and something( chk google), u get to download a form, fill it, pay 37$ Money order, attach your current birth Cert and this doc u filled send thru ups then wait 30 working days or more to get the new 1 bk. Good luck
Is this really worth it? I mean it's America we are talking about and they will have records of the modification.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 11:09pm On Mar 20, 2019
OmoBendel24:

However, the website also states that applicants must demonstrate that they can afford to pay the "doctors’ fees, hospitalization fees, and all medical-related expenses". Though every situation is different, accepting discounts or paying less than the full amount can raise questions about the applicant's finances, credibility, and their intent and ability to pay for the full cost of their care.”
fehinebony:
After her refusal, she got a hospital that quoted 33k for child birth, her husband paid 20k upfront, she got an interview date and her visa was ISSUED.
For those who were refused based on accepting discount and want to try again I believe the above method may likely work for now.

Someone said the hospitals will be affected by eliminating discounts. I disagree. One person paying a full $20k will cover for three persons paying a discounted $6k. This way they can reduce citizenship by birth and still maintain and even possibly increase the cash inflow.

The giving birth in america saga has evolved over the years; from collecting milk, to use of birth centers, to use of medicaid and now discount. It will continue to evolve until it ends.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mgbocha: 12:08am On Mar 21, 2019
7Alexandre:
I might not like Donald J Trump as a person but his policies are beginning to make sense...

Birth Tourism should be ended...

The program has outlived its purpose & it’s now being abused by most people...

A Child should only acquire American Citizenship at birth if at least one Parent is a U.S. Permanent Resident OR a U.S. Citizen at the time of birth...

We’re a nation of laws & cannot allow aliens to continue to advantage of our weak immigration system...

A total over haul of the current United States Immigration system is desperately needed...

Congress needs to act to close the obvious loopholes in our immigration system currently been abused by other Countries namely China, India & Nigeria...

Why are you so bitter? You are even more angry than the VOs. I don't know how you got to the US or legalized but you are beginning to talk too much. You don't have to prove to anyone that you know the system or you are the only one who is enlightened or privileged to be living in US and have however become a green card holder or citizen.

America wasn't built on any tribe, culture or religion. It isn't owned by anyone or in all fairness it's owned by the native Americans who are now ofcourse treated like outcast and segregated.

America was built on immigration and migration. Donald trump's lineage also migrated to the US so is his wife. Everybody in US today have a history of immigration be it by birth or refugee seeking asylums or slavery or whatever.

The bigotry and immigration system now being introduced by trump is the reason for the increased gun violence, increased crime rate and death toll.

It's going to take alot of death and division to stop that which America was built on and I bet you don't want to be living in US by then to witness such ugliness.

I have been working for an American company for 8 yrs now, straight from college. I was privileged to work in US for 2 years. I had insurance, SSN, paid my taxes, never voileted may rules neither did I ever get arrested or get a ticket. I came back home after my assignment and I am still with this company. I had opportunities to stay back and become and illegal alien and do the things you all do to get a green card but unfortunately I love Nigeria. I had a good job and loved my stay in Nigeria over the US and so are alot of Nigerians.

I gave birth in 2016 in US not because I am hungry to but because I had high risk pregnancy and I was advised to seek medical care abroad. I made contact with doctor and hospital at 33 weeks, flew at 34 weeks and delivered baby at 37 weeks. I paid all my bills and got the discounted rates, I am yet to renew my visa.

My son is currently schooling in Nigeria and will continue schooling here. If i have any plans of sending him abroad I did choose UK over US. I do not wish to witness the school shootings happening over there. So my dear, people have different reasons for going to give birth in US.

Let me even assume people are looking for better life for their kids, there is no crime to such. People will forever continue to migrate all over the world and US being a world leader will get that example for other countries to follow.

There is no justification for crusifying anyone for the bill they paid as they didn't force the doctors or hospitals to give them the rate they did. The hospitalsand doctors issued a zero balance receipt and for that reason they had the funds to care for their medical bills.

Remember people like you with this mindset and Donald trump will only continue to preach hate and bigotry for as long as you want however your % is too small to change what America is built on which is freedom and immigration.

The US healthcare system is broken that's why it's a huge fight in the Senate and House and it's a key point in the next election. Nigerians should not be blamed for a broken healthcare system.

Now I see why people are being denied visa, the VOs are even cool...reading your comment is so appalling. So much hate coming from a Nigerian who migrated. Too bad. God help you.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Greatg0809: 3:16am On Mar 21, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Is this really worth it? I mean it's America we are talking about and they will have records of the modification.
Soo? What if they do, d koko is the new one states what you want
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:10am On Mar 21, 2019
Mgbocha:

Why are you so bitter? You are even more angry than the VOs. I don't know how you got to the US or legalized but you are beginning to talk too much. You don't have to prove to anyone that you know the system or you are the only one who is enlightened or privileged to be living in US and have however become a green card holder or citizen.

America wasn't built on any tribe, culture or religion. It isn't owned by anyone or in all fairness it's owned by the native Americans who are now ofcourse treated like outcast and segregated.

America was built on immigration and migration. Donald trump's lineage also migrated to the US so is his wife. Everybody in US today have a history of immigration be it by birth or refugee seeking asylums or slavery or whatever.

The bigotry and immigration system now being introduced by trump is the reason for the increased gun violence, increased crime rate and death toll.

It's going to take alot of death and division to stop that which America was built on and I bet you don't want to be living in US by then to witness such ugliness.

I have been working for an American company for 8 yrs now, straight from college. I was privileged to work in US for 2 years. I had insurance, SSN, paid my taxes, never voileted may rules neither did I ever get arrested or get a ticket. I came back home after my assignment and I am still with this company. I had opportunities to stay back and become and illegal alien and do the things you all do to get a green card but unfortunately I love Nigeria. I had a good job and loved my stay in Nigeria over the US and so are alot of Nigerians.

I gave birth in 2016 in US not because I am hungry to but because I had high risk pregnancy and I was advised to seek medical care abroad. I made contact with doctor and hospital at 33 weeks, flew at 34 weeks and delivered baby at 37 weeks. I paid all my bills and got the discounted rates, I am yet to renew my visa.

My son is currently schooling in Nigeria and will continue schooling here. If i have any plans of sending him abroad I did choose UK over US. I do not wish to witness the school shootings happening over there. So my dear, people have different reasons for going to give birth in US.

Let me even assume people are looking for better life for their kids, there is no crime to such. People will forever continue to migrate all over the world and US being a world leader will get that example for other countries to follow.

There is no justification for crusifying anyone for the bill they paid as they didn't force the doctors or hospitals to give them the rate they did. The hospitalsand doctors issued a zero balance receipt and for that reason they had the funds to care for their medical bills.

Remember people like you with this mindset and Donald trump will only continue to preach hate and bigotry for as long as you want however your % is too small to change what America is built on which is freedom and immigration.

The US healthcare system is broken that's why it's a huge fight in the Senate and House and it's a key point in the next election. Nigerians should not be blamed for a broken healthcare system.

Now I see why people are being denied visa, the VOs are even cool...reading your comment is so appalling. So much hate coming from a Nigerian who migrated. Too bad. God help you.

Thanks sis. The dude is not even in the US. He is operating under different Monikers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NothingDoMe: 10:44am On Mar 21, 2019
Greatg0809:

Soo? What if they do, d koko is the new one states what you want
Yes it will state what you want. But it is not being changed for change sake. It is being changed to avoid a refusal.

Very soon we will soon see transcripts asking why the applicant modified the address on birth certificate. And the VO would accuse the applicant of trying to cover her tracks after using government funds. Enter birth certificate modification saga.

My point is we can't circumvent everything. Let's face it headlong and hope for the best. It wasn't intentional. If they don't listen then fine. Move on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.