Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,061 members, 7,832,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1171749 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by WarriBrandChic: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
it's 6mths o. There are two sections when you try scheduling an appointment now. 1. Previously refused in 6mths and 2. Regular. Appointment date will never drop if you choose option 1.

It's stated on the same appt page that one would be denied a visa outrightly for MISREPRESENTATION if you choose regular when you have been previously refused in 6mths.

However, a man I know took the risk and appeared for interview about 3weeks after refusal. He was truthful when asked by V.O. how he got an early date. Told her that he bought the date from an agent though filled his DS-160 himself. He was granted the visa.

Bottomline is, all applications and circumstances are different and he was lucky. Are you willing to take a RISK In my opinion, it's best to wait the 6mths out to avoid stories that touch.

JMarines:

0ga be serious o!
6 months k, remember that’s 180 days .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 12:45am On Apr 02, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
it's 6mths o. There are two sections when you try scheduling an appointment now. 1. Previously refused in 6mths and 2. Regular. Appointment date will never drop if you choose option 1.

It's stated on the same appt page that one would be denied a visa outrightly for MISREPRESENTATION if you choose regular when you have been previously refused in 6mths.

However, a man I know took the risk and appeared for interview about 3weeks after refusal. He was truthful when asked by V.O. how he got an early date. Told her that he bought the date from an agent though filled his DS-160 himself. He was granted the visa.

Bottomline is, all applications and circumstances are different and he was lucky. Are you willing to take a RISK In my opinion, it's best to wait the 6mths out to avoid stories that touch.

I think you can apply anytime though they usually say 6months. People have reapplied after refuser even when its less than 6montha. I reapplied two weeks after a refusal. I choose the option 1 for the previously refused wthin 6 months and i got a date. Infact i was even able to change the date later myself and got a date the following week. Meaning i was able to schedule another interview 3 weeks after my previous denial. If you feel you have a strong reason to reapply, by all means pls do immediatly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Youngjenny: 4:19am On Apr 02, 2019
i decided to try agents as its my first time(being a mum and going to the us but not virgin passport) but the prices they were calling just brought me back to nairaland. you have to pay their birth fees in full regardless of if you get the visa or not which is just a waste. And they were not honest at first telling me birthing will cost 2500 it was when i kept asking that they said its for clinics and medical center not hospitals. so ill try my luck with US and if i don't get it, then maybe i may use them for canada. i find the whole process daunting.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by WarriBrandChic: 5:20am On Apr 02, 2019
I believe It's ok reapply anytime after refusal as long as option 1 (previously refused) is chosen. But no appointments dates are up for that category at the moment and choosing option 2 will be misrepresentation. Prayer is they open up dates for this category soonest.

aye88:

I think you can apply anytime though they usually say 6months. People have reapplied after refuser even when its less than 6montha. I reapplied two weeks after a refusal. I choose the option 1 for the previously refused wthin 6 months and i got a date. Infact i was even able to change the date later myself and got a date the following week. Meaning i was able to schedule another interview 3 weeks after my previous denial. If you feel you have a strong reason to reapply, by all means pls do immediatly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 5:37am On Apr 02, 2019
Please has anyone been able to get a letter from West Houston Medical Center for visa renewal purpose stating that you have a ZERO balance and no government funds/Medicaid was used to make payment and the discount applies to indigenes and foreigners
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Lordcrixus: 5:48am On Apr 02, 2019
Dhollargurl:
Thanks a lot. Was she given though?

Yes, visa was approved. You can read the transcript by clicking on my profile, and then view my post.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kween2014: 9:16am On Apr 02, 2019
esthero9:
Please has anyone been able to get a letter from West Houston Medical Center for visa renewal purpose stating that you have a ZERO balance and no government funds/Medicaid was used to make payment and the discount applies to indigenes and foreigners

Hello, yes i have a letter from WHMC to this effect. You can send an email to jasmine.lewis2@parallon.com requesting for this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flgd: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2019
Please who has a contact that help with visa on arrival letter. Its urgently needed.
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tiwasmum: 10:13am On Apr 02, 2019
Congratulations!!! So happy you got it.. Read your story from the beginning and I was going to say you have a sure chance of getting it till I read you had actually gotten it already...I personally traveled abroad just for shopping at 5months though had no complications & returned.. so I can just imagine if I had. It wasn’t my intention to have a baby there so that really does happen.

Congratulations once again.. Man isn’t God!

olamie:
Hello everyone, thanks for the contribution. I thought I should share the outcome -

VO: How long did you stay the last time?
Me: 176 Days
VO: Why?
Me: I started bleeding right after I got to the US. I had my baby taken out prematurely to save my life. The doctor said I could not fly back to Nigeria and a written note was given to me to that effect.
VO: Can I see that?
I handed over the report
VO: How did you pay your bills?
Me: I sourced for a private insurance following the incident and it got approved. I bought the Platinum Plan, which costs about $500 per month.
VO: Did you pay the insurance premiums out of pocket?
Me: Yes I did
VO: Can I see the premium receipts and itemized bill?
I handed that as well.
VO: Has anyone filed for you?
Me: Yes
VO: Who did?
Me: My Sister
VO: Do you intend to have a baby this time?
Me: No I don’t
That was how he handed a white paper to me and told me to pick up my passport in 3 working days o.

Isn’t God just wonderful?
That was how I packed my burden of proof back.
Apparently, if you have a guarantor in the US, a Private insurance can be approved.
To everyone who contributed, thank you and I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2019
Hello house please anyone using a hospital in Chicago and can share doctors details with me should please help out. i am trying to book my visa appointment for the B2 visa and i need to get a doctor and hospital in Chicago. Thank you

aamey15:
I am with you on this aswell but looking at Chicago. People kindly help us with hospital packages and Dr's. Thank you

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by peacenigeria: 2:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
Youngjenny:
i decided to try agents as its my first time(being a mum and going to the us but not virgin passport) but the prices they were calling just brought me back to nairaland. you have to pay their birth fees in full regardless of if you get the visa or not which is just a waste. And they were not honest at first telling me birthing will cost 2500 it was when i kept asking that they said its for clinics and medical center not hospitals. so ill try my luck with US and if i don't get it, then maybe i may use them for canada. i find the whole process daunting.

Its bad that they wont refund your money if you dont get a visa but a medical center = hospital and doctors generally see you at the clinic and the you have the baby in the hospital/medical center.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by esthero9: 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2019
Kween2014:

Hello, yes i have a letter from WHMC to this effect. You can send an email to jasmine.lewis2@parallon.com requesting for this.

Okay. Thank you so much. Please can I possibly see a copy of the email you sent her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FOLALANA: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
I believe It's ok reapply anytime after refusal as long as option 1 (previously refused) is chosen. But no appointments dates are up for that category at the moment and choosing option 2 will be misrepresentation. Prayer is they open up dates for this category soonest.

I just checked and it is opened. I was able to select July 30, 2019.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
WarriBrandChic:

Thanks for your response.
I appreciate.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2019
aye88:

Thanks for responding.
God bless.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by WarriBrandChic: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2019
Guess your last refused date was between last week January and first week February. No appt date on my portal yet cry cry cry
was refused late February.

FOLALANA:
I just checked and it is opened. I was able to select July 30, 2019.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 11:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
I will advise you stay away from agents entirely. Read up, ask and find out how to do it yourself. I used an agent for hospital and doctor’s confirmation. Guess what? The confirmation letter I got was bogus, the appointment was never confirmed. So imagine my surprise as I am preparing to travel and I call the hospital to reconfirm my appointment and they don’t have my name in their system. Imagine that happened at POE, I will be on the next plane back to Naija. Thankfully, I had booked other hospitals and doctors so I just used that instead. I’ll strongly advise everyone to do it themselves. No value add using an agent.
Youngjenny:

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 11:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
This one is strong ooooooo

Only if people will hear.........

Nersh:
I will advise you stay away from agents entirely. Read up, ask and find out how to do it yourself. I used an agent for hospital and doctor’s confirmation. Guess what? The confirmation letter I got was bogus, the appointment was never confirmed. So imagine my surprise as I am preparing to travel and I call the hospital to reconfirm my appointment and they don’t have my name in their system. Imagine that happened at POE, I will be on the next plane back to Naija. Thankfully, I had booked other hospitals and doctors so I just used that instead. I’ll strongly advise everyone to do it themselves. No value add using an agent.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kween2014: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2019
esthero9:

Okay. Thank you so much. Please can I possibly see a copy of the email you sent her.

Hiya ma'am, i responded to your PM.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by FOLALANA: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2019
WarriBrandChic:
Guess your last refused date was between last week January and first week February. No appt date on my portal yet cry cry cry
was refused late February.

It was firts week of March 2019. Although, I sent several complaints via the Feedback platform (on my profile) on the error message ("THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE"wink.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by eribooboo: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2019
Our(hubby n i) visa interview today in Lagos
Vo- good morning
Us-good morning
Strted typing for almst 2-3 mins
Vo finally looked up n asked, how much was ur medical bills for d last birth
Me- about 9000
Vo-vaginal or cs
Me- Cs
Continued typing again for another longggggg mins
VO-sir,where do u work
Hubby-told her
Vo-n u ma'am
Me-told her
Vo-SO WHY R u going to the us dis time around
Me-going to have our 2nd baby
Vo-SO same Houston right,which hospital
Me-yes Houston...memorial
Vo-how much
Me-roughy 12k
Strted typing again for wat seemed like eternity
Vo- I'm gonna approve ur visa cos u were bin honest n straightforward abt your intentions althou d amount u paid previously was quite low cos d average fee shld b abt 18k but u guys paid abt half of dat so I'm gonna let it pass and since now u r willing to pay more than previous fee,i like dat n will consider that althou i will advice u look for another hospital cos this particular one has bin flagged for giving discount dey claim bck frm d government so to avoid issues with renewal later please look for another facility n try to pay above d 12k u quoted. Gave us d white paper n said thank you
Us-thank you n almost ran out sef

Nothing was checked at all...

We qualified for Dropbox but decided to just book for interview since most dropbox applictions hv bin ending up with 221g so I guess dats one of d reason why she said we were upfront n straightforwd abt our intentions..dont know for sure but guessing that counted n above all it was just God's favour cos there were abt mayb 5 white paper n huge stack of blue on d table.

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by WarriBrandChic: 10:04am On Apr 03, 2019
Wow... that's great. Checked mine this morning and dates popped up. Earliest is August 10 and I need latest June date.... sighs...

FOLALANA:
It was firts week of March 2019. Although, I sent several complaints via the Feedback platform (on my profile) on the error message ("THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE"wink.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by WarriBrandChic: 10:06am On Apr 03, 2019
Big congrats mama. this timeline is truly a breathe of fresh air. Biko, which hospital is not flagged in that Houston? They have issues with all the hospitals I know there.

eribooboo:
Vo- good morning
Us-good morning
Me- about 9000
Vo-vaginal or cs
Me- Cs
VO-sir,where do u work
Hubby-told her
Vo-n u ma'am
Me-told her
Vo-how much
Me-roughy 12k
Vo- I'm gonna approve ur visa cos u were bin honest n straightforward abt your intentions althou d amount u paid previously was quite low cos d average fee shld b abt 18k but u guys paid abt half of dat so I'm gonna let it pass and since now u r willing to pay more than previous fee,i like dat n will consider that althou i will advice u look for another hospital cos this particular one has bin flagged for giving discount dey claim bck frm d government so to avoid issues with renewal later please look for another facility n try to pay above d 12k u quoted. Gave us d white paper n said thank you

We qualified for Dropbox but decided to just book for interview since most dropbox applictions hv bin ending up with 221g so I guess dats one of d reason why she said we were upfront n straightforwd abt our intentions..dont know for sure but guessing that counted n above all it was just God's favour cos there were abt mayb 5 white paper n huge stack of blue on d table.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 11:10am On Apr 03, 2019
eribooboo:
Vo- good morning
Us-good morning
Me- about 9000
Vo-vaginal or cs
Me- Cs
VO-sir,where do u work
Hubby-told her
Vo-n u ma'am
Me-told her
Vo-how much
Me-roughy 12k

Congratulations dear.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2019
FOLALANA:

Hello.
Was your appointment chosen for Lagos or Abuja Consulate? It seems one can get an earlier date in Abuja.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2019
eribooboo:
Vo- good morning
Us-good morning
Me- about 9000
Vo-vaginal or cs
Me- Cs
VO-sir,where do u work
Hubby-told her
Vo-n u ma'am
Me-told her
Vo-how much
Me-roughy 12k

Congratulations..and I was thinking memorial was good. Which hospital are you going to use ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 11:56am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello everyone, so i proceeded to apply for a B2 visa, i havent gotten a date yet but i have applied on the Website. My issue now is people are saying that since i have a valid B1B2 visa, even if i apply for a B2 visa i will still be issued a B1B2 visa. That applying for a new visa when i still have a valid one makes no sense and waste of money. My current visa expires in December 2019.

I am just confused at this point sef.

Biko guys come to my aid oo, since i have a valid visa i dont need to apply for a new one. that its only when it expires and i want to go give birth that is when i will apply specifically for B2 visa.

Friends in the house help crack this ooo....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by eribooboo: 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2019
I have to look for another one since she told me not to use it
Blackfinegirl:

Congratulations..and I was thinking memorial was good. Which hospital are you going to use ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nersh: 1:22pm On Apr 03, 2019
I will suggest you call the embassy and ask these questions. State your history and why you are looking to apply for a b2 visa ( to be upfront about your intentions). Only they can guide you authoritatively.

Anything told to you here will be heresay/ guess work which will not be 100% reliable. Goodluck.

Just to say, a b2 visa is pretty specific to the intention of the non immigrant while a b1/b2 is more general. With a b2 visa, going through immigration and travel in general will be easier cos it’s clear what your intention is. I just got into Chicago yesterday on a b2 visa and immigration was a breeze. Was out in 2 mins.
aamey15:
Hello everyone, so i proceeded to apply for a B2 visa, i havent gotten a date yet but i have applied on the Website. My issue now is people are saying that since i have a valid B1B2 visa, even if i apply for a B2 visa i will still be issued a B1B2 visa. That applying for a new visa when i still have a valid one makes no sense and waste of money. My current visa expires in December 2019.

Biko guys come to my aid oo, since i have a valid visa i dont need to apply for a new one. that its only when it expires and i want to go give birth that is when i will apply specifically for B2 visa.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2019
Nersh:
I will suggest you call the embassy and ask these questions. State your history and why you are looking to apply for a b2 visa ( to be upfront about your intentions). Only they can guide you authoritatively.

Anything told to you here will be heresay/ guess work which will not be 100% reliable. Goodluck.

Just to say, a b2 visa is pretty specific to the intention of the non immigrant while a b1/b2 is more general. With a b2 visa, going through immigration and travel in general will be easier cos it’s clear what your intention is. I just got into Chicago yesterday on a b2 visa and immigration was a breeze. Was out in 2 mins.

Your submission on B2 vs B1/2 is tenuous as per immigration/ intention non immigrant and poe claims. When you apply for either B1 or B2, the visa will carry both B1/2. The CB officer will stamp you in with the specific class of your visa if he is convinced of your purpose. We have seen people sent back with B2 and B1. So B2 doesn't have any advantage with intention. However, the CB officer has access to your info and can see what you applied for, so whether B1 or B2, you still have to explain your purpose. I didn't spend 1 minute in JFK poe last month with B1.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2019
aamey15:

Why are you confused? You were the one that told us what transpired and what you were told. The visa you hold now does not allow you to birth in the sense that it wasn't issued for that purpose. Yes, your visa carries B1/2, however, you didn't state birth as the purpose of the visit which you must indicate with a B2 in your Ds-160 application. And the V,O was kind enough to advise you. A colleague of mine was sent back in 2015-she went for birthing. We both applied for B1 to attend a conference and got the visa which we attended in 2014. Though the visa has b1/2 but her purpose in her application wasn't birthing. So follow the admonition given to you by the VO that issued the current visa as per your transcripts.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
aamey15:

The matter is straight forward, no need to be confused.
Was your present visa issued for child birth, if no, you have 2 options.
Option one, take the risk and travel with it, you just might be lucky to scale through cbp at poe
Option 2,apply for a new visa and state categorically that you are going for child birth.
All things considered,if I were you, I'll take the 2nd option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.