Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,581 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166853 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 9:20am On Mar 28, 2019
drafrican:
Truth is if it were usa embassy before you can explain all these and then it depends on if the vo is sympathetic.

But these days them dey craze well well,they have sent people for pregnancy test, they have denied people with a usa travel history of over 10 years who never had kids in usa.

The issues you may have are
1) violating your visa rules but if u can explain these complication trust me it must be a life or death complication like you had a cardiac arrest a d got resurcitated or your membrane ruptured while at walmart and they called an ambulance not hypertension or diabetes .

2) the VO will then expect a bill of @1500 neonatal per day till discharge at 34/36 weeks thats 1500 x 7 days for 7 weeks.
Your bill should be like 100-200k dollars.

3) the hospital wrote this off trust me the vo wont have expected you to sort it out but they will expect u paid at least half of that $30-50k or expect to see a payment plan u have been following

4) the worst thing on your profile is the insurance which i donno should have been in nigeria, also you can take a health insurance in the usa but for a foreigner it comes active after 1 year ,to them you cut corners and then what was your premium.

5) u ended up with an insurance suspected you wont be able to pay took an insurance and the hospital had to weite off your bill thats the summary

It doesn’t look good ,i appreciate your honesty but you never know pray hard and hope but if i was ur sister i will say ,dont apply just wait till trump leaves office n try your luck.

No one has come here to say it so i will help them inthe last one month they give most people life ban not visa denial life ban. Try canada or brazil and let usa rest for now.
You may be lucky and get it but the odds are not in your favour.

1. About the complication I had, my cervix was opening and I was cramping and bleeding heavily. I was taken to the hospital with an ambulance. I have fully paid the ambulance fee ($3,600). The doctor gave me a letter stating that I was not fit to fly back to prevent having the baby on the plane. I was barely 5 months. I was bedridden till I had the baby.

2. I was not planning to have my baby there, it was an unfortunate incident. I won't have traveled 4 months before my actual delivery date if I had plans of delivering there.

3 & 4. The insurance was obtained during an Open enrolment period, the emergency event triggered the approval of the insurance. Oyinbo's won't cut corner or bend rules when it comes to such.

It is well o. I will take whatever happens in good faith.

Thanks for your response.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 9:35am On Mar 28, 2019
For me, you have a good explanation and I believe you, but whether the VO will be patient and believe you is another issue, but one thing is sure .....there are two sides to a coin...... it is either either VO believe you and give you the visa or VO doubted you and denied you. It's a risk worth taking if you are risk aversed. Mind you it is not a do or die affair. Exam is either fail or pass ........so go with that mentality and arrange your documents logically with your explanation........believing that you are following the course of the TRUTH.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 10:28am On Mar 28, 2019
I didn't know when I screamed ah! gaskiya some people no get joy. Thank God say man no be God o!

aye88:

What is this??. Its not a must to comment now

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
olamie:

Good morning MamaOO.

Please I need your thought on this. I didn't stay beyond 180days.

Is it wrong to obtain an insurance as a non immigrant?

The hospital gave me "uninsured courtesy discount" for the balance not covered by insurance.

Now I have been asked to appear for an interview.

I'm more than worried.

Waiting for your response.

Thanks
Honestly, it’s not looking good. Everything drafrican wrote is true. The biggest red flag I see there is the insurance. I know you got the insurance during open enrollment and all that but truth be told you still cut corners. Massive ones. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re not resident in the US, don’t work or live there, why are you buying insurance to pay for services that should have been paid for out of pocket? That’s kinda like insurance fraud and some VO might flip out depending on who you meet.

Then the issue of charity taking care of part of the bills and the rest.... it’s just a lot going on. My advise though will be to come clean and not lie during your interview and hopefully you meet a good VO who is ready to listen.

How much was the total you paid out of pocket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
MamaOO:

Honestly, it’s not looking good. Everything drafrican wrote is true. The biggest red flag I see there is the insurance. I know you got the insurance during open enrollment and all that but truth be told you still cut corners. Massive ones. Correct me if I’m wrong but you’re not resident in the US, don’t work or live there, why are you buying insurance to pay for services that should have been paid for out of pocket? That’s kinda like insurance fraud and some VO might flip out depending on who you meet.

Then the issue of charity taking care of part of the bills and the rest.... it’s just a lot going on. My advise though will be to come clean and not lie during your interview and hopefully you meet a good VO who is ready to listen.

How much was the total you paid out of pocket?

Thanks.

I actually have nothing to hide. I paid $6500 in total, which includes the Premiums and Ambulance fee.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babydesh: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2019
Please kind mummies,who has used doctoresparati recently and is willing to assist me with 1 or 2 questions.It's urgent please.Thanks in anticipation of a favorable response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2019
olamie:

Thanks.

I actually have nothing to hide. I paid $6500 in total, which includes the Premiums and Ambulance fee.

Let me add that the insurance is Private. It has nothing to do with the Government.

They did not request for my SSN, so they knew I was there visiting. They assessed the situation before I got approved for it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ninab: 4:00pm On Mar 28, 2019
jericho2006:
As for documents, make sure you have:
*all correspondence with the hospital and doctors
*all the billing they gave you, including the breakdown of services and charges
*copies of the flight tickets you purchased and the boarding passes for the airplane
*receipts from the hotel you stayed in and if you rented a car
*a notarized letter from your pastor saying that are a lady of honor and strong faith

Collect all these and organize them neatly in a binder.
Then go to trash heap and throw them all away, because you are never going to get a visa ever again.

U can’t be normal smh

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumtwins2: 5:17pm On Mar 28, 2019
jericho2006:
*copies of the flight tickets you purchased and the boarding passes for the airplane
*a notarized letter from your pastor saying that are a lady of honor and strong faith

Then go to trash heap and throw them all away, because you are never going to get a visa ever again.

That is too harsh !!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 6:08pm On Mar 28, 2019
jericho2006:

Whaaatt ...are you God

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Semisolasola: 6:54pm On Mar 28, 2019
Who be this one?? cheesy una no go kee person
For here..People with worst cases sef Dey get visa sometimes..Aunty go to the embassy..if them give you fine,if them no give you try some other time .this one too will say he’s being blunt or speaking the truth cheesy
jericho2006:

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eyiza: 11:52pm On Mar 28, 2019
Pls i dont know if i am breaking the rules,pls i m sorry for doing this,i have some cans of emfamil,pls anyone interested should email me pls,thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jericho2006: 5:05am On Mar 29, 2019
No visa officer believes these stories about complications. No sensible person travels at such an advanced stage of pregnancy unless they are hoping for a medical emergency. The bottom line is that you couldn't pay your bills, and now your ability to fund your international travel and comport yourself correctly are sorely in doubt.

olamie:

1. About the complication I had, my cervix was opening and I was cramping and bleeding heavily. I was taken to the hospital with an ambulance. I have fully paid the ambulance fee ($3,600). The doctor gave me a letter stating that I was not fit to fly back to prevent having the baby on the plane. I was barely 5 months. I was bedridden till I had the baby.

2. I was not planning to have my baby there, it was an unfortunate incident. I won't have traveled 4 months before my actual delivery date if I had plans of delivering there.

3 & 4. The insurance was obtained during an Open enrolment period, the emergency event triggered the approval of the insurance. Oyinbo's won't cut corner or bend rules when it comes to such.

It is well o. I will take whatever happens in good faith.

Thanks for your response.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 8:06am On Mar 29, 2019
jericho2006:
No visa officer believes these stories about complications. No sensible person travels at such an advanced stage of pregnancy unless they are hoping for a medical emergency. The bottom line is that you couldn't pay your bills, and now your ability to fund your international travel and comport yourself correctly are sorely in doubt.

Twoods, is this you? Long time no see. Welcome back. Oshisko PLC lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyin3: 9:58am On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

Let me add that the insurance is Private. It has nothing to do with the Government.

They did not request for my SSN, so they knew I was there visiting. They assessed the situation before I got approved for it.

Wishing you all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by olamie: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2019
Hello everyone, thanks for the contribution. I thought I should share the outcome -

VO: How long did you stay the last time?
Me: 176 Days
VO: Why?
Me: I started bleeding right after I got to the US. I had my baby taken out prematurely to save my life. The doctor said I could not fly back to Nigeria and a written note was given to me to that effect.
VO: Can I see that?
I handed over the report
VO: How did you pay your bills?
Me: I sourced for a private insurance following the incident and it got approved. I bought the Platinum Plan, which costs about $500 per month.
VO: Did you pay the insurance premiums out of pocket?
Me: Yes I did
VO: Can I see the premium receipts and itemized bill?
I handed that as well.
VO: Has anyone filed for you?
Me: Yes
VO: Who did?
Me: My Sister
VO: Do you intend to have a baby this time?
Me: No I don’t
That was how he handed a white paper to me and told me to pick up my passport in 3 working days o.

Isn’t God just wonderful?
That was how I packed my burden of proof back.
Apparently, if you have a guarantor in the US, a Private insurance can be approved.
To everyone who contributed, thank you and I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by jossy404: 10:27am On Mar 29, 2019
Like I said exam is either you pass or fail.......congratulation!!!!!!!

Where is that VO Jericho or Twoods again?

olamie:
Hello everyone, thanks for the contribution. I thought I should share the outcome -

Me: I started bleeding right after I got to the US. I had my baby taken out prematurely to save my life. The doctor said I could not fly back to Nigeria and a written note was given to me to that effect.
I handed over the report
Me: I sourced for a private insurance following the incident and it got approved. I bought the Platinum Plan, which costs about $500 per month.
I handed that as well.
That was how he handed a white paper to me and told me to pick up my passport in 3 working days o.

Apparently, if you have a guarantor in the US, a Private insurance can be approved.
To everyone who contributed, thank you and I wish you good luck in your endeavor.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aye88: 11:06am On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

I handed over the report
I handed that as well.

Kaiiiii. You see. God is not man. And man is not God. The bottom line is we are not VO's on this thread, we only talk base on experience. Where is that mister that said you should forget about US. Come and recieve your shame o

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Blackfinegirl(f): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

I handed over the report
I handed that as well.

wow see God!!!!!!!

congratulations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 11:38am On Mar 29, 2019
Isnt God wonderful... I am very happy for you oo., i think maybe because you are not having a baby this time around also helped.
Congratulations jare and enjoy your trip.

olamie:

I handed over the report
I handed that as well.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GFavor: 11:39am On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

I handed over the report
I handed that as well.

Congratulations Olamie. Yours is truly the case of THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. You had nothing to hide and it was all in good faith.
Please what private insurance did you use. I am planning to go back with my kids on a studying visa but would like to have an insurance in case will need to take the kids to the hospital. I had both of them in the US. Or can they access health care with their SSN.

Please house any advice?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tosinbabz: 12:12pm On Mar 29, 2019
good day house, please any mamas for Denver Colorado here? i need help with hospital packages. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 1:31pm On Mar 29, 2019
GFavor:

Congratulations Olamie. Yours is truly the case of THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE. You had nothing to hide and it was all in good faith.
Please what private insurance did you use. I am planning to go back with my kids on a studying visa but would like to have an insurance in case will need to take the kids to the hospital. I had both of them in the US. Or can they access health care with their SSN.

Please house any advice?
If you’re going to the US on an F-1 visa, the school most likely will sell you health insurance cos it’s mandatory that international students have health insurance through the course of their studies. Most likely you can put the kids on that insurance. The premiums aren’t that bad too.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
I am with you on this aswell but looking at Chicago. People kindly help us with hospital packages and Dr's. Thank you

Tosinbabz:
good day house, please any mamas for Denver Colorado here? i need help with hospital packages. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by shynzee: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

VO handed a white paper to me.

Was about replying one responder above only to see your transcript.

Happy for you.

There are complications that can turn every plan on its head. Thank God for you and your baby.

I'm actually looking for a similar insurance plan if you can share details.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 6:15pm On Mar 29, 2019
olamie:

I handed over the report
I handed that as well.

This is awesome!!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mcaudrey: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2019
Congratulations, I am happy that the TRUTH prevailed.

However, this one that people are now asking for the insurance details rather than pay their bills, I am getting concerned.
why do we just want to keep spoiling things for ourselves.
Once one thing works for someone, others want to follow, next thing now the VOs will start rejecting everyone on insurance.

Haba, let’s think things through before we follow please, if you want to go to their country and they frown at freebies and insurance, just peacefully avoid it.

Let’s not make them to constantly look down on us as a charity case.
We already know they want us to be able to afford and pay up our bills, so let’s do just that.

If they had ran their country the way we run ours, I’m sure it would have been in a bigger mess now.

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.