Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166479 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abeke123: 11:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hello house,

I am about to attend my Interview with my husband next week and I would like some advise from the house.

This is our first child and my first attempt to travel.

We got a Doctor in texas that billed us about $6k plus and sent us a letter to present at the embassy. My husband has an uncle over there in texas who will assist with accommodation. his statements ready over N8Millin and I just want to make sure everything from our end is ready before we attend the interview.

Does anyone have any sample excel sheet of costing for the baby? I heard that would be needed at the embassy too.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving me some tips. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dora2007: 12:03am On Apr 08, 2019

If possible get a better bill. 6k is not an ideal bill in this recent hot tenor. 10k/12k for medical only excluding other expenses is more like it.
If you can avoid Texas as a whole, that might be better.
Read recent pages.
All the best though. #mytots.

abeke123:
Hello house,

I am about to attend my Interview with my husband next week and I would like some advise from the house.

We got a Doctor in texas that billed us about $6k plus and sent us a letter to present at the embassy. My husband has an uncle over there in texas who will assist with accommodation. his statements ready over N8Millin and I just want to make sure everything from our end is ready before we attend the interview.

Does anyone have any sample excel sheet of costing for the baby? I heard that would be needed at the embassy too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 7:23am On Apr 08, 2019
abeke123:
Hello house,

For both of you and medical expenses, your balance can be better. You can type budgets sheets at the search button or go back some pages or search @Leezee for sample. I wish you good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CyZubby(f): 1:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house good day, please has anyone used san Antonio for birthing of recent? Please if yes I need doctor and hospital contact for a friend. Pls. Thanks and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 1:29pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hi all, how are you doing today. so we selected the interview waiver option for the medical visa( Brief story i have a valid visa but i am changing to B2 visa specifially for birth purposes and my VO advised i do so at my last interview and because i still have a valid visa i had the option of selecting interview waiver or appear for interview), has anyone done this before and if yes please what supporting documents should i put in the application.
Thank you all

aamey15:
whao whao whao, thank you all for the responses and feedback. i know this platform is to help people and provide guidance when you feel lost and confused. So all the feedback has been noted.THANK YOU TO EVERYONE OO... WE ARE ALL HERE FOR EACHOTHER.

We booked my appointment and was offered the option of interview waiver apparently its like dropbox (because i still have a valid visa) which for real i am not even interested, i would rather book an appointment and face the VO's directly than have them decide my fate without me being there. The dates i am getting for the face interview is too close to my EDD (like a month) so i dont want to risk going for the interview by that time. Is there an option of an emergency interview or anyone had a similar case ..if yes what did you do.

Please people dont be tired of my numerous questions we are all here to learn and ask questions.

Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
aamey15:
Hi all, how are you doing today. so we selected the interview waiver option for the medical visa( Brief story i have a valid visa but i am changing to B2 visa specifially for birth purposes and my VO advised i do so at my last interview and because i still have a valid visa i had the option of selecting interview waiver or appear for interview), has anyone done this before and if yes please what supporting documents should i put in the application.
Thank you all

Not sure if I understood correctly but you can decline the interview waiver and ask to go for an interview...the last option tells you to pick yes or no.

If you pick interview waiver aka drop box...I'm not aware that you can submit any supporting doc. I may be wrong sha. Also you've probably read the experience of drop box applicants who were later called for 221g interview after many weeks.

If you pick an interview date...take all your receipts and itemized bills for previous birth and doctor and hospital correspondence for new birth with bank balance to show you can pay. From what you explained and reading your previous interview post I expect that this what the VOs would want you to do....again I may be wrong wink

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abeke123: 3:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
dora2007:

If possible get a better bill. 6k is not an ideal bill in this recent hot tenor. 10k/12k for medical only excluding other expenses is more like it.
If you can avoid Texas as a whole, that might be better.
Read recent pages.
All the best though. #mytots.

Thank you,

do I get to submit the quote that says 6k Medical expenses?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by abeke123: 3:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
folmus:

For both of you and medical expenses, your balance can be better. You can type budgets sheets at the search button or go back some pages or search @Leezee for sample. I wish you good luck.

Hi

Thank you for this. I searched @Leezee and budget sheets and didn't see anything . I will appreciate if you point me in the right link. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Eruks: 4:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
Hello house pls I need urgent assistance am looking for a hospital in Maryland about 10-12k would really appreciate the help my interview is really close
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aremso(m): 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
Eruks:
Hello house pls I need urgent assistance am looking for a hospital in Maryland about 10-12k would really appreciate the help my interview is really close

Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore $11,752

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 5:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
i just pmed you please. thank you

Mamaroon:

Not sure if I understood correctly but you can decline the interview waiver and ask to go for an interview...the last option tells you to pick yes or no.

If you pick interview waiver aka drop box...I'm not aware that you can submit any supporting doc. I may be wrong sha. Also you've probably read the experience of drop box applicants who were later called for 221g interview after many weeks.

If you pick an interview date...take all your receipts and itemized bills for previous birth and doctor and hospital correspondence for new birth with bank balance to show you can pay. From what you explained and reading your previous interview post I expect that this what the VOs would want you to do....again I may be wrong wink

Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by folmus: 5:13pm On Apr 08, 2019
abeke123:

Hi

Thank you for this. I searched @Leezee and budget sheets and didn't see anything . I will appreciate if you point me in the right link. Thank you

Sorry Leez29.

Below is the link to sample budget sheet. Scroll down the page.

https://www.nairaland.com/leez29/posts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chikos: 5:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
ozymes:
Amennnnnn

Hi dear, I sent you a pm. Respond please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 5:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
You are right, but hubby already picked the interview waiver and printed the form out. My issue now is can i change back to having a face to face interview? My options of dates are not favourable(August which is a month to my due date and its too far) so i dont know if i have an option of picking an earlier date

Mamaroon:

Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2019
aamey15:
Thank you all

shocked Now, I weep cry! Interview waiver kini?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
Interview waiver is like dropbox, apparently because i still have a valid visa i was entitled to pick the option. hubby called the embassy first before selecting it and they said i could pick the option which he did.

OmoBendel24:

shocked Now, I weep cry! Interview waiver kini?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2019
aamey15:
Interview waiver is like dropbox, apparently because i still have a valid visa i was entitled to pick the option. hubby called the embassy first before selecting it and they said i could pick the option which he did.

Not a good pick in my opinion. Except by sheer stroke of fortune, I do not see how you won’t receive a 221g letter between when you submit and a month thencefrom.... Then you will now start the search for a 221g interview date. That’s some crazy process you opted for!

FYI, you can’t add documents aside the required GTB receipt, international Passport, DS160 confirmation page, Passport photographs, and the Interview Waiver approval printout till you are asked to, which is very unlikely too.

All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 6:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you for your prompt response, i have been refreshing the page since.

Hmm just what i tot, i guess hubby just felt its going to be an earlier date, so can i have an option of changing from interview waiver to normal interview and maybe then search for emergency application date? or i have to do another application

OmoBendel24:

Not a good pick in my opinion. Except by sheer stroke of fortune, I do not see how you won’t receive a 221g letter between when you submit and a month thencefrom.... Then you will now start the search for a 221g interview date. That’s some crazy process you opted for!

FYI, you can’t add documents aside the required GTB receipt, international Passport, DS160 confirmation page, Passport photographs, and the Interview Waiver approval printout till you are asked to, which is very unlikely too.

All the best!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2019
Dhollargurl:
Thanks but I don’t think you get my question. The insurance my husband’s company use is a global one, (so just like Axa Mansard here in Naija, but the difference is, theirs is a global insurance, not limited to Naija, it is for anywhere in the world). Whether, we decide to use it or not, they deduct it from his salary annually. I am NOT going to US to apply for insurance cos I already have the insurance that covers things like childbirth and even up to dental.

My question now is this, should I go as a self-pay patient, or let them know our insurance covers it? I’m asking because even if I say I’m going as a self paying patient, (which I did for the first trip), I will still end up using the insurance because the insurance company already deducted it. But, wouldn’t it look like I lied?

Will them knowing I’m going with my insurance card boost my chances because no need to worry about me getting discount or I should look for a hospital that charges higher and go as a self paying patient, then our insurance settles later.

The only problem is that most hospitals still quote about same price for their self paying patients. I’m so confused.

Hello. You can use this. my VO today told me it ie okay as long as it is not a government insurance or one for residents. that an international insurance can fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 7:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
aamey15:

Hmm just what i tot, i guess hubby just felt its going to be an earlier date, so can i have an option of changing from interview waiver to normal interview and maybe then search for emergency application date? or i have to do another application

The suggestions here are not absolute...I mean no one is a Visa officer here..You can try your luck otherwise follow your heart...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Supernaturalone: 8:01pm On Apr 08, 2019
It's only an interview that gives you the opportunity to present your case and documents that support your intention to give birth. You cannot do that via interview waiver aka drop box. I'll suggest you call the contact line to ask if you can switch interview type, failing which you may have to make a new application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 8:18pm On Apr 08, 2019
So today was my 221g follow up interview. There were just two interviewers, a white and a black. I think I was lucky to get the white one cause the black VO seemed kind of mean. A pregnant lady who went to the black lady, was asked why she wanted to go the US and immediately she said to give birth, no further questions were asked. Not even her doctor's correspondence. She was just
given the blue slip and told she did not qualify at this point.

My VO's first question was why I spent 12 weeks during my last stay. I mentioned I gave birth. She asked for my receipts. Asked How much I paid. I mentioned 21k. She was okay with the receipts and discussed some insurance options (which I would not talk about here to avoid being misinterpreted, before every one starts using insurance and getting people into trouble). She counted when I got pregnant from when I applied for the previous B1/B2 visa and said so I was not pregnant when I applied for the visa. I also went with my change of intent letter but she did not ask to see that.
She asked where, and I mentioned Maryland, then she asked what type of delivery, of which I said c-section. I could her acting like she was
confirming details from her screen.

She also asked if I would want to give birth with the B1/B2 She would be giving me, and I told her if I got pregnant in the future I would not mind. She then told me to contact the embassy if I wanted to give birth and they would let me know what to do. Then asked me to pick up my passport in 3-5 days.

In all It was God's Grace. For now I think applying for a B2 directly seems the way for birthing right Now, especially as the new change of intent letter reply directs people to do that.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by BOmum: 8:28pm On Apr 08, 2019
Supernaturalone:
It's only an interview that gives you the opportunity to present your case and documents that support your intention to give birth. You cannot do that via interview waiver aka drop box. I'll suggest you call the contact line to ask if you can switch interview type, failing which you may have to make a new application.

Still not cast in stone..yeah many of us have been invited for 221g but a friend did drop box recently with her hubby.she had her baby in 2017 in Dallas.Bill was approximately 11k because she had a labour scare.well they both got their Visas renewed via drop box this March.Truth is we are not sure really what these guys want or are looking for..Maybe its the bill spent but she didnt even have the opportunity to present her bills via drop box...Its so confusing sometimes..but nothing is absolute

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thank you so much, i will do that first thing tomorow morning and will take it from there.

Supernaturalone:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aamey15: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
Very true no one is a Vo.. we only share experiences its a tricky one especially in this era of small bill palava

BOmum:

The suggestions here are not absolute...I mean no one is a Visa officer here..You can try your luck otherwise follow your heart...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
aamey15:

You're overthinking this and that's the issue
You've done the waiver already....what's done is done. All to do now is wait.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dhollargurl(f): 10:00pm On Apr 08, 2019
Thanks a lot. *sighs*
Bcpump:

Hello. You can use this. my VO today told me it ie okay as long as it is not a government insurance or one for residents. that an international insurance can fly
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 12:19am On Apr 09, 2019
aremso:

Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore $11,752

Hello,
Which of the JHH is this as i have their correspondence with an estimated quote of $40,000 for VD and 70,000 for CS as at today?
Could you kindly send their contact please and this estimate is it for a non- discounted normal delivery(self-pay)?
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by JMarines: 12:28am On Apr 09, 2019
Hello House,

I have a question please.
I haven't submitted my DS-160 form yet because i need some clarifications.

1) Can i change from B1/B2 to specifically B2 on the form(I have paid visa processing fee at GTB and it was written B1/B2)?
2) My US Contact is in Texas and i intend to put up with a Friend's sister in Maryland/Virginia. Must both addresses for US contact as well as where i will be staying correspond? Is it safer to input just one address?

Please help.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Elo2020(f): 12:48am On Apr 09, 2019
abeke123:
Hello house,

First of all, going with your husband for interview is a no no due to high denial rate
& secondly, the 6K is it for both hospital & Dr because Doctors charge about 2-3K for their services only & hospital bill is also different.
Also prepare your budget sheet & make the figures high because they likely give visas when they see you are spending alot of money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.