Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,787 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (348) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163718 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oluchijiv:
So what then do I do ooooo...should I just travel without informing d embassy of my plans?
Wont it Jeopardise my being allowed into d states at d POE and future renewal as well?
Am very much confused

you have four options.

1) Apply for a B2 visa where you present your proof of burden and have a breezy easy entry to US if approved

2) Risk going in with this and get sent back at the POE with a cancelled visa

3) Risk going in with this and be successful then hope for a successful renewal...

4) Go ahead with sending the change of intent and be told by the embassy to do step no 1....they will mark your details so if you go ahead to travel with the visa after you have been told to reapply, you will not be allowed in.

The truth is none of us here can be sure of what will happen. the VOs have their own mind. Number 3 may even be good for you. it is just a chance you should be willing to take. Some people have done and renewed successfully

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 5:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Option 3 seems to be the best bet as all others seem to have heavier consequences...
Option 1...applying for a new visa wtout d expiration of the old visa may trigger cancellation of the old visa n subsequent denial
2...bears the same weight...n even stress of travelling, air fare and being sent back
4...U already wrote d consequences...
So i'd probably just embark on correct fasting and prayers for option 3...if am been denied subsequent renewals later even after i've proven my payments wt receipts then i'd just take a chill pill...I can't come and kill mysef...but I'll keep hoping for the best by God's grace n favour
Thanks alot guys...I truly appreciate all ur opinions and advice
Bcpump:

you have four options.

1) Apply for a B2 visa where you present your proof of burden and have a breezy easy entry to US if approved

2) Risk going in with this and get sent back at the POE with a cancelled visa

3) Risk going in with this and be successful then hope for a successful renewal...

4) Go ahead with sending the change of intent and be told by the embassy to do step no 1....they will mark your details so if you go ahead to travel with the visa after you have been told to reapply, you will not be allowed in.

The truth is none of us here can be sure of what will happen. the VOs have their own mind. Number 3 may even be good for you. it is just a chance you should be willing to take. Some people have done and renewed successfully

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oluchijiv:
Option 3 seems to be the best bet as all others seem to have heavier consequences...
Option 1...applying for a new visa wtout d expiration of the old visa may trigger cancellation of the old visa n subsequent denial
2...bears the same weight...n even stress of travelling, air fare and being sent back
4...U already wrote d consequences...
So i'd probably just embark on correct fasting and prayers for option 3...if am been denied subsequent renewals later even after i've proven my payments wt receipts then i'd just take a chill pill...I can't come and kill mysef...
Thanks alot guys...I truly appreciate all ur opinions and advice

Since things changed last year, I usually will advise you run with the quite risky but the very best option 1. But option 3 is the best for your case being that you did use the visa for its initial purpose, went ahead later to birth with it having sent in a Notification/Change of Intent Letter that was acknowledged and you also stated clearly at POE then what you were in the US for. Currently, you won't have issues at the POE, you are actually qualified to Birth with the B1/B2 visa in the US and you are in good standing as it were for such.

Only ensure a solid burden of proof including payment receipts for previous missionary journey embarked upon, do things now in preparation for visa renewal, especially paying well for this particular birthing to bring some sort of equilibrium per the previous one if at all you didn't pay well for it then (you can also look for a way round upping whatever you paid just in case you see as at today in your assessment that it was low. Someone said and I support same, if there's no way to officially up payment for previous bills, do some documented/receipted charity to the facility please).

Give it a go.... Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamacajah: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
VeraPee:
Good Evening Fam,

Kudos to all the members of this group, always dishing out very helpful info. I salute!

Pls I need help!....I went for renewal of my visa sometime in May, but was denied. The consular asked how much I paid for my previous delivery and I told him (about 4K). This was cos my hospital gave lots of discounts- 45% for self pay and another 30% for prompt pay. The officer kept typing God knows what and then said I didn’t qualify.

Now I reapplied after 2 months and went back for interview yesterday. My transcript reads:::
Me: Gd mrrg
VO: Gd mrrg, why do you want to travel to the US?
Me: I will like to have my baby
VO: ohhh, when is your due date? (Sounded quite pleasant)
Me: xxxx
VO: (opens my profile in her system) have you paid more money for the previous treatment you received?
Me: I paid all my bills before leaving the US, I have all my zero balances
VO: thank you pls go(hands me the yellow paper)

Hmmmm, house pls how am I supposed to pay the hospital more Money when I don’t owe anything?

I called the hospital immediately and they confirmed I have zero balance for everything. They even sent me their hospital policy that sates the discounts that must be given to all patients ( cos I asked them to give me another bill without any form of discount so I can
pay all).

Pls I need advise. What do I do from here? Cos it seems I may not be able to renew my visa till I do something about the bills.

I have been reading this thread this week and just saw this response. I have been hearing that some people have been able to renew their visas after denial if they go and pay the difference, which seems to support the words in bold. I just wanted to find out if this is only way out now ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
cretin:

Cc mama00, oluwatise2016

I havr same fear, but the airlines are acting a bit funny.
British airways for example , on their website flight is about 600k, while same flight is abt 400k on kayak, expedia etc..
2ndly i dont see any naira option on kayak, so you pay with usd card or what?..

3rdly, hv you ever tried making adjustments to flights booked tru kayak and co?...
Cos will need to add baby ticket on dw return ticket at the apprioprate time..
I can only speak regarding Kayak cos they’re the ones I use the most. Yes, I have changed fares bought from kayak directly with the airlines. I’ve only used them to fly within the US tho. So I have only changed tickets with US airlines.

Ive also only paid with a USD credit or debit card. The sites I’ve paid with NGN is travelstart. You’re right about these third party sites having lesser fares than the official website, I wonder why that is.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oluchijiv:
So what then do I do ooooo...should I just travel without informing d embassy of my plans?
Wont it Jeopardise my being allowed into d states at d POE and future renewal as well?
Am very much confused

Apply for a new visa and explain your change of intent at your interview. Or you can travel now and risk a refusal later

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2020
/

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2020
MamaOO:

90% percents of my flights since 2011 have been booked on Kayak and I have yet to have a single problem with them.
Kayak, Expedia, Hotwire, booking.com are all safe sites to book flights.
If you want to make changes on the flight, do they respond promptly?
Modified : Seen your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 12, 2020
W

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 4:50am On Jan 12, 2020
Thanks alot Omobendel
All advice, opinions n cautions have been noted...
I'd do my best n trust God to do d rest...
Tnx everyone n God bless u all
OmoBendel24:

Since things changed last year, I usually will advise you run with the quite risky but the very best option 1. But option 3 is the best for your case being that you did use the visa for its initial purpose, went ahead later to birth with it having sent in a Notification/Change of Intent Letter that was acknowledged and you also stated clearly at POE then what you were in the US for. Currently, you won't have issues at the POE, you are actually qualified to Birth with the B1/B2 visa in the US and you are in good standing as it were for such.

Only ensure a solid burden of proof including payment receipts for previous missionary journey embarked upon, do things now in preparation for visa renewal, especially paying well for this particular birthing to bring some sort of equilibrium per the previous one if at all you didn't pay well for it then (you can also look for a way round upping whatever you paid just in case you see as today in your assessment that it was low. Someone said and I support same, if there's no way to officially up payment for previous bills, do some documented/receipted charity to the facility please).

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 4:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Thanks alot Bluefin...God bless
Bluefin:

Don’t try this. They have nothing to lose if they cancel your existing visa and still deny the new application. Just follow option 3 from poster above, hold your money and the intent letter change email.

Don’t accept any discount, pay all your bills.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:12am On Jan 12, 2020
use a hotel address. that's what I do always because I do not even have relatives or friends there.

ladales:
Hi everyone,
Can someone pls put me through, in trying to fill my form,I got to a place where I was asked to write the address of the place I will be staying, but I'm yet to get the Doctor's correspondence, how much more the accommodation addy of where I will be staying, and time is running by,pls i need your help,thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2020
many times they buy promotional tickets that's why. take out a little time to read through the conditions you would just see it there so many conditions.

MamaOO:

I can only speak regarding Kayak cos they’re the ones I use the most. Yes, I have changed fares bought from kayak directly with the airlines. I’ve only used them to fly within the US tho. So I have only changed tickets with US airlines.

Ive also only paid with a USD credit or debit card. The sites I’ve paid with NGN is travelstart. You’re right about these third party sites having lesser fares than the official website, I wonder why that is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 8:22am On Jan 12, 2020
I do not know about the oyibo owns but the ones here in Naija will give you headache if you are not careful you might abandon the ticket and buy a new one which would cost you.
Candybright:

If you want to make changes on the flight, do they respond promptly?
Modified : Seen your response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 2:45am On Jan 13, 2020
chibertha:
I do not know about the oyibo owns but the ones here in Naija will give you headache if you are not careful you might abandon the ticket and buy a new one which would cost you.

Wakanow, travelstart? Life go tire you. They actually taught me how to just respectfully deal directly with the airlines, the difference isn't always much. The dollar card wins it most times with them direct

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TheEnforcer: 6:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Bluefin:

Don’t try this. They have nothing to lose if they cancel your existing visa and still deny the new application. Just follow option 3 from poster above, hold your money and the intent letter change email.

Sometimes the embassy say they don't read the change of intent email. But the key is to pay her bills like you said.Circumstances can change after one gets the visa and the US embassy understands this.B2 can legally be used for medicals.Not an offence

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 10:07am On Jan 13, 2020
OmoBendel24:

Wakanow, travelstart? Life go tire you. They actually taught me how to just respectfully deal directly with the airlines, the difference isn't always much. The dollar card wins it most times with them direct

Hahahaha. Cos some airlines refer you back to the agent you bought the ticket from, if you want to make changes....emirates don show me pepper b4.especially on the first leg of the flight,

Any mama used qatar airlines for usa birthing??.
Anything i should be wary of?
The long layover in doha is a known isssh.
Just asking for more tips
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Otokini01: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
I went for my interview today for renewal and was refused.I wasnt even asked to see any document, it was so brief anyone had any luck with reapplying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Miriam88: 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
hello house pls i want to ask,2018 i got my visa, i was pregnant when i went for the interview and i declared i was going to have a baby, even my passport was stamped B2 at POE, now am pregnant again and want to use same visa cos its still valid do i need to write to the embassy again?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by NezzyWozzy(m): 2:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
Otokini01:
I went for my interview today for renewal and was refused.I wasnt even asked to see any document, it was so brief anyone had any luck with reapplying

RENEWAL FOR CHILDBIRTH TRAVEL? WAS this in Lagos or Abuja? Where you asked about previous childbirth in the states (if that applies)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Msadesina: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please on renewal after childbirth, if there's anyone who had successfully renewed after paying off part or all of the discount, please assist with the info. Cos it's starting to look like don't just bother wasting application fee if you had a baby on a discounted bill in the past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Otokini01: 3:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
Abuja, I wasn't asked anything

NezzyWozzy:

RENEWAL FOR CHILDBIRTH TRAVEL? WAS this in Lagos or Abuja? Where you asked about previous childbirth in the states (if that applies)?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Otokini01:

Hmmm...Did you use the last visiting visa for childbirth in the US?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bluefin:

Huh...so you're encouraging her to still go ahead to take the risk of uncertainty.

What if she's refused entry into the US and her visa also cancelled for not disclosing using the visiting visa for childbirth during the interview?

That so-called "intent letter change" no longer works.

But as expected Nigerians with our stubbornness to get what we want at all cost will not make us listen to preventive repercussion advise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:51pm On Jan 13, 2020
TWoods:

Apply for a new visa and explain your change of intent at your interview. Or you can travel now and risk a refusal later

Beat Advice...but as you know most Nigerians will not take the risk to do what is right from a clean conscious.

Giving Birth in the US is a do-or-die affair with Most Nigerians. undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Otokini01: 3:52pm On Jan 13, 2020
My last visa was for birth purpose thats whatbi applied for and was given based on that
quote author=Beautyaddy post=85762781]

Hmmm...Did you use the last visiting visa for childbirth in the US?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 3:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
Otokini01:
My last visa was for birth purpose thats whatbi applied for and was given based on that
quote author=Beautyaddy post=85762781]

Hmmm...Did you use the last visiting visa for childbirth in the US?

Ok, So if you were given the last visa on the sole purpose for childbirth you shouldn't be denied now.

I hope you were not given discount charges for the last delivery?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Otokini01: 4:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
I said I wasn't asked anything so there is no way I would know why I wasnt given. There wasnt a conversation to even see my what happened from my last trip

quote author=Beautyaddy post=85763412]

Ok, So if you were given the last visa on the sole purpose for childbirth you shouldn't be denied now.

I hope you were not given discount charges for the last delivery?[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 5:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Huh...so you're encouraging her to still go ahead to take the risk of uncertainty.

What if she's refused entry into the US and her visa also cancelled for not disclosing using the visiting visa for childbirth during the interview?

That so-called "intent letter change" no longer works.

But as expected Nigerians with our stubbornness to get what we want at all cost will not make us listen to preventive repercussion advise.

Acquaint yourself with the person's situation first, you will understand why option 3 comes across as her best option. She needs to even use it to correct whatever may be the shortcoming of the previous birthing experience. If she goes in for an interview now, the chances of refusal are higher than high IMO. She hasn't done anything wrong so far except for the "discounted bills" so to speak (the exact reason I feel she won't scale through an interview at the moment). She has used the visa for the purpose it was issued, gone on to birth with it too having sent a Notification/Change of Intent Letter (which she doesn't have to dare send now - Bluefin may have missed it here on her advice) that she got a go-ahead for, didn't have issues with CBP, etc. And she actually will not have issues with CBP now if she goes ahead

You and Twood's advice for her on this to be fair and honest would be "suicidal" at the moment. Aunty, please, don't listen to them on this oh, please. Just do loads with the window you yet have in preparation for your renewal interview to soften things ahead. Pay well for this, look for a way round upgrading payments for the previous birthing where necessary and doable, just ensure you reduce the load you'd be bearing during your renewal interview. In essence, birth this child first before daring yourself with them at the embassy, your chances are slim, improve your chances as opportune....

My previous response to her situation is posted below, still going with it

OmoBendel24:

Only ensure a solid burden of proof including payment receipts for previous missionary journey embarked upon, do things now in preparation for visa renewal, especially paying well for this particular birthing to bring some sort of equilibrium per the previous one if at all you didn't pay well for it then (you can also look for a way round upping whatever you paid just in case you see as at today in your assessment that it was low. Someone said and I support same, if there's no way to officially up payment for previous bills, do some documented/receipted charity to the facility please).

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bluefin:

They won’t even send her back at the POE. The worst that can happen will happen upon renewal but if you are done having all your babies- one day they will renew for you even if they reject you. You are better off with your baby getting citizenship now and you not getting your visa than having your baby in Nigeria and still not getting a renewed visa.

You better don’t mind this people telling you to go and renew a visa that is still valid. If they deny you you have lost everything. I only wonder if they would have done the same thing or advised their sister or wide to do the same if they were in your situation.

Fully in on this! She can only have issues with CBP if they have ought against/with her bills for the previous birthing and or if she isn't able to let them see clearly she's paying much more reasonably for this one. They are that reasonable....

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 5:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bluefin:

They won’t even send her back at the POE. The worst that can happen will happen upon renewal but if you are done having all your babies- one day they will renew for you even if they reject you. You are better off with your baby getting citizenship now and you not getting your visa than having your baby in Nigeria and still not getting a renewed visa.

You better don’t mind this people telling you to go and renew a visa that is still valid. If they deny you you have lost everything. I only wonder if they would have done the same thing or advised their sister or wide to do the same if they were in your situation.

Says Who?

They have sent pregnant women back at the POE for reasons best known to them.

So yes, she's not above being sent back.

As usual whatever preventive from negative repercussions advise one can give her will not change anything with her mind already made up.

"Experience Is The Best Teacher"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.