Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,584 members, 7,812,911 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1163750 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
Demicoker:
The guy don run again,he will come back when he sees another faceless member that can’t defend themselves cheesy

I would assume we all have real lives outside the make-belief world of online commenting. That’s more important to me than being a key board warrior.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 7:34pm On Jan 07, 2020
SmartKitty:

White Europeans build wealth and comfort any place they settle down.

The evidence does not lie, however much we may want to deny it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mofolam: 7:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
pointednose:

I didn't ask for any discount, and I paid the amount as stated on the contract.

However, a friend who used same hospital requested for itemised bill which shows discount, and we were not aware of this at all.

Nobody can predict the outcome with these things. It depends on the VO. Just pray and go with confidence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2020
Storyteller cheesy
TWoods:

I would assume we all have real lives outside the make-belief world of online commenting. That’s more important to me than being a key board warrior.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayshow2020: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
My 2009 interview (pls note that this transcript isn't quoted word for word)

Vo: Hello Ma'm, how're you
Me: Hi, good
Vo: nice glasses
Me: thanks
Vo: is it recommended, where did you get it (all smiles)
Me: smiling back: yes it is, got it somewhere in Lagos Island
Vo: really, can you describe the place
Me: oh no you don't want to go there, it's a really y rowdy part of Lagos Island in the market.
Vo: purpose of travelling
Me: vacation
Vo: so you've been to France, and Dubai, tell me, I heard Dubai is really cold and also you have to cover up from head... While when outside
Me: nhm that's not true, can be really hot, and being a tourist country you can wear whatever you're comfortable in. As a matter of fact I go with light clothings.
Me: listen with much interest, then said please pick up your passport in 2 days. Have a great day.

Dh's 2009 Interview
Vo: Good morning Sir
Dh: Good morning how are,
Vo: purpose
Dh: vacation
Vo: what do you do
Dh: I own *** company we're into manufacturing...
Vo: interesting, how long will you be going for
Dh: 2-3weeks
Vo: please pick up your passport in 2days
Dh: he probably didn't understand what he meant, asked for his passport back but VO said I'll be needing your passport and then repeated himself that's Dh should pick up his passport in 2days.

Transcript on my My next interview wasn't eventful at all

Vo: Hello, (not sure how we greeted again)
Me: hi
Vo: I'm sorry I won't be granting your visa today.

Transcript from the interview for Dh and I;

Vo: (really cold) Hello what brings you here today, purpose of travelling, where are you travelling to.
Dh: vacation and Pittsburgh PA
Vo: how long did you stay on your last visit
Dh/me: less than 3wks/a month a about 3wks
Vo: I'm sorry I'm denying you today (not so sure his exact words)

**But from the vo's look and attitude from the beginning he acted like I'm definitely not granting you guys visa**

Honestly both Dh and I don't have the slightest clue why we were refused visa, the refusal interviews were short, like they had a prior information why we must be refused as soon as the interview started. To the point that Dh was so angry and said he'd never apply for US visa (lol) because we've both taught of it but up till now can't make anything out of the refusals

Also I discovered after those refusals, that the admittance card (6 months)that was stapled on my passport at the POE on our visit was still on my passport since then but Dh's own wasn't there, So I called the agent after our last refusal and told him abt the application, refusal and also told him about the card, then he shouted that I should have removed it...making it sound like the paper was a possible reason for refusal.
But I later asked a my inlaw who works at... And he told me that the US immigration have the full information of my arrival and departure so the card couldn't have misled the VO to think I didn't exit US within the specified time.

OmoBendel24:

But you filled a form in 2012, and 2013 too ma.

Well, what you intend doing now is much more secondary to the root cause of the previous refusals. A recap of your interview transcripts from both the successful and unsuccessful interviews will help here methinks, especially if you can still remember the last questions asked both of you in those times you were refused.

I'm to a large extent of the view that most previous B1/B2 visa holders (compared to those that never held a US visa) that get refused ought normally leave the presence of the VO having an idea of what went wrong, it disturbs me when you come blank per why you think you were refused, it invariably puts me in a position of being careful with such individuals. YOU SHOULD HAVE AN IDEA OF WHAT WENT WRONG, kindly pen it here. Let's start from there. It would be unfair of you to leave us guessing what may have gone wrong and likely solutions without proper leads from you. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by silverchi: 3:49pm On Jan 08, 2020
Trying 2 reach u concerning this but Ur email is nt delivering.

Aitagoodvibes:
Hello everyone.
Lovely thread. I pray everyone gets their hearts desire this upcoming 2020.

Please is there anyone who will be in Dallas, Texas (or its environs) End Jan till March and needs a roommate? I haven’t gotten a roommate and no accommodation on Airbnb for that period.

Please Send me an email at ounjeowambe (at) gmail (dot) com

Serious people only o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aitagoodvibes: 10:09pm On Jan 08, 2020
What do you mean my email is not delivering?

Are you also looking for accommodation? Or do you have and you wnat to share? Why not leave your own email and I’ll get back to you.

silverchi:
Trying 2 reach u concerning this but Ur email is nt delivering.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamacajah: 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Enyi2020:

Please, has anybody been successfully approved, who was refused earlier for discount, after paying part of the discount. I will appreciate a timely feedback. Happy new year and good luck all.

Hello All, its' been ages. I would also like to see any response to this question. We have been denied US visas because we accepted discounted fees from all the vendors.. not that we took medicaid or we did not pay our bills. It is really disheartening and worrisome...any advise would be welcome on the way forward
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
mamacajah:

Hello All, its' been ages. I would also like to see any response to this question. We have been denied US visas because we accepted discounted fees from all the vendors.. not that we took medicaid or we did not pay our bills. It is really disheartening and worrisome...any advise would be welcome on the way forward

Wow!...it's been awhile I read your post.

Hmmm...I thought you were already in Canada...or did you give up pursuing for the move?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mamacajah: 2:28pm On Jan 09, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Wow!...it's been awhile I read your post.

Hmmm...I thought you were already in Canada...or did you give up pursuing for the move?

Canada is on hold for now, still here in Nigeria. Just wanted to renew our visas and had this setback....any advise?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 8:49am On Jan 10, 2020
Oluwatise2016:

Actually yes- British airways that departs LOS on Feb 19 and returns to LOS on April 30 is currently $1024 on Kayak.

have you or anyone else ever booked on kayak, expedia etc. just trying to be careful, as i have heard some horror stories about some online flight bookings

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2020
cretin:

have you or anyone else ever booked on kayak, expedia etc. just trying to be careful, as i have heard some horror stories about some online flight bookings

I book on kayak ALL the time and I have never ever ever heard of any issues

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 7:01pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hello everyone, Good evening
Thank u all for ur advice and opinion on clearing my old bill which has been taken care of...
Now am trying to inform the embassy about my travel plans but I can't find the sample of the change of intent letter I used the last time...please I'd appreciate it if anyone can share a sample of the letter of intent or ideas on how to construct the letter (for a second birth with a B1/B2 visa)...

Then again my daughter's esta is supposed to expire 3months after our arrival n she can only b stamped in for 3months being a brit and am trying to schedule my return ticket to nigeria for June first week 2020 which is d same week her esta will b expiring just so she doesn't get to over stay her stamped in time n esta duration as well...now am a bit worried as i dnt know how long d ssn n passport wud take to process n wen they'd be out after my LO arrives...Edd first week of april...pls i'd appreciate it if anyone can share their experience on steps they took to get the baby's passport ready in time and how long the whole process took after delivery and applying for birth certificate at d hospital...Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Beautyaddy: 8:29pm On Jan 10, 2020
Oluchijiv:
Thank u all for ur advice and opinion on clearing my old bill which has been taken care of...
Now am trying to inform the embassy about my travel plans but I can't find the sample of the change of intent letter I used the last time...please I'd appreciate it if anyone can share a sample of the letter of intent or ideas on how to construct the letter (for a second birth with a B1/B2 visa)...

Then again my daughter's esta is supposed to expire 3months after our arrival n she can only b stamped in for 3months being a brit and am trying to schedule my return ticket to nigeria for June first week 2020 which is d same week her esta will b expiring just so she doesn't get to over stay her stamped in time n esta duration as well...now am a bit worried as i dnt know how long d ssn n passport wud take to process n wen they'd be out after my LO arrives...Edd first week of april...pls i'd appreciate it if anyone can share their experience on steps they took to get the baby's passport ready in time and how long the whole process took after delivery and applying for birth certificate at d hospital...Thank you

Hmmm...such forms no longer exist.

If you didn't tell the VO that you were going to use the B1/B2 visa for medical during your last interview and you end up using the US visiting for childbirth ...you might be face with difficulties during your next renewal.

Caution!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladales: 2:46am On Jan 11, 2020
cinammon:
Hello People

I am back again o. Please those of us intending to use Hospitals in Maryland, is anybody also experiencing this whole thing with Hospitals saying they don’t do email correspondences? I have called over 10 hospitals and they keep telling me that they can only give estimated charges over the phone but will not send emails.

My interview is fast approaching, what do I do if I am asked for Hospital correspondence? I have their prices but no email correspondences.

I have Doctor’s correspondence and appointment letter but the hospital one is what I am contending with now.

Please what do you people advise?

I am still doing my search anyways but I will really appreciate any referrals to hospitals that are willing to give email correspondences. Particularly hospitals with 10k and above charges, I know Maryland is not cheap and I do not want to even compromise with using hospitals that charge lesser.

Please help, thank you in Advance.
hi,
Can you pls help with a referral to the hospital (that are willing to give email correspondence)you used on ladale4life@yahoo.com, pls I'm running out of time,pls.Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 4:36am On Jan 11, 2020
cretin:

90% percents of my flights since 2011 have been booked on Kayak and I have yet to have a single problem with them.
Kayak, Expedia, Hotwire, booking.com are all safe sites to book flights.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babyfaiz: 4:37am On Jan 11, 2020
mamacajah:

No one is yet to answer this important question. I’ll also like to hear responses to the above question. I only know of someone who successfully renewed after paying a low discounted bill of $4k. She presented an itemized bill of $33k and paid $4k. She used NHMC. She attributed her success to God. I am yet to hear any other success story on this discounted palava. Please, nairalanders, share with us your stories. I’ve taken a break since my last refusal due to paying a low bill. I don’t even know if things will change as I’ve removed yankee from my plans now. Are we banned for life? Serving a temporary ban? Is there something that needs to be done?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 5:35am On Jan 11, 2020
Beautyaddy:

If you didn't tell the VO that you were going to use the B1/B2 visa for medical during your last interview and you end up using the US visiting for childbirth ...you might be face with difficulties during your next renewal.

Caution!
Thanks for ur caution Addy...but its best we focus on my present worries for now...n prior to my going for my delivery d first time i had already used d visa for d purpose ofwhich it was granted (family vacation) n before commencing on my delivery trip i sent dem a notification of intent letter which they responded to, I also told d clearance officer d purpose of my visit at d POE wen i got to d U.S...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 5:55am On Jan 11, 2020
More advice n opinions on ds would be appreciated ppl...pls n thank u
Oluchijiv:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 5:58am On Jan 11, 2020
though there no issues with them but me I like booking from the airline straight because its easier to resolve issues when it comes instead of going through a mediator
cretin:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 6:10am On Jan 11, 2020
Team April 2020 mine is first week too going to Houston.
For birth certificates and passport, it depends on location, eg if its Houston you can get everything 4 days after birth
you go to birth records 4 days after delivery in the morning after which you go to regional passport office to apply for expedited passport and get it same day if you get there very early, (note only possible if you are traveling in few days time and will need a visa) so you have to go with travel itinerary to convince them.

Oluchijiv:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 9:26am On Jan 11, 2020
Oh great!!! Wishing u safe delivery hun
Thanks somuch for d info though i'd be going to San Antonia...i'll research more on their procedures online and see wat i can find too...I also hear some airlines don't fly babies less than 6wks old, dont know about Delta though(as dats wat i'd be using)but will also find out more, if anyone also has better info here please help a sister wt some infos and ideas...thanks again
chibertha:
Team April 2020 mine is first week too going to Houston.
For birth certificates and passport, it depends on location, eg if its Houston you can get everything 4 days after birth
you go to birth records 4 days after delivery in the morning after which you go to regional passport office to apply for expedited passport and get it same day if you get there very early, (note only possible if you are traveling in few days time and will need a visa) so you have to go with travel itinerary to convince them.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Bcpump: 10:23am On Jan 11, 2020
Beautyaddy:

Caution!

very correct. my first baby i did a change of intent letter in 2017 and then it was working. During my renewal, the VO asked if i was going to use the visa to give birth and indicated i would if i got pregnant in future. And she told me how to contact them if i did. As soon as i did i contacted them and they asked for some information then updated the records and asked me to proceed and return with my receipts.

Change of intent letter is no longer relevant as at 2019/2020. except things change. However, you can try your luck. Who knows? Things may have changed as at today.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cretin: 10:25am On Jan 11, 2020
chibertha:
though there no issues with them but me I like booking from the airline straight because its easier to resolve issues when it comes instead of going through a mediator
Cc mama00, oluwatise2016

I havr same fear, but the airlines are acting a bit funny.
British airways for example , on their website flight is about 600k, while same flight is abt 400k on kayak, expedia etc..
2ndly i dont see any naira option on kayak, so you pay with usd card or what?..

3rdly, hv you ever tried making adjustments to flights booked tru kayak and co?...
Cos will need to add baby ticket on dw return ticket at the apprioprate time..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2020
Ok ma'm, thanks for the info...please can you provide me the contact details you were given/used to reach them for such requests and changes...thank u
Bcpump:

very correct. my first baby i did a change of intent letter in 2017 and then it was working. During my renewal, the VO asked if i was going to use the visa to give birth and indicated i would if i got pregnant in future. And she told me how to contact them if i did. As soon as i did i contacted them and they asked for some information then updated the records and asked me to proceed and return with my receipts.

Change of intent letter is no longer relevant as at 2019/2020. except things change. However, you can try your luck. Who knows? Things may have changed as at today.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 11:20am On Jan 11, 2020
Oluchijiv:
Ok ma'm, thanks for the info...please can you provide me the contact details you were given/used to reach them for such requests and changes...thank u

Seems though, that you are not willing to research on this. How about you send that message and your visa gets cancelled as was done to a couple of persons last year? Kindly ensure you understand what the time says before you send that letter to them oh!

That email address I think is LagosNIV@something something

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thanks alot Omobendel
But like i wrote earlier, I wrote same letter to inform them d last time n they responded wtout any cancellations but I just want to know whats happening currently which is y i came on dis platform for assistance...if u have better ideas or opinions...kindly share wt infos and insights so we all that are unaware can learn...thank u
OmoBendel24:

Seems though, that you are not willing to research on this. How about you send that message and your visa gets cancelled as was done to a couple of persons last year? Kindly ensure you understand what the time says before you send that letter to them oh!

That email address I think is LagosNIV@something something
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladales: 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
Can someone pls put me through, in trying to fill my form,I got to a place where I was asked to write the address of the place I will be staying, but I'm yet to get the Doctor's correspondence, how much more the accommodation addy of where I will be staying, and time is running by,pls i need your help,thanks in anticipation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Reine22: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
Oluchijiv:
Thanks alot Omobendel
But like i wrote earlier, I wrote same letter to inform them d last time n they responded wtout any cancellations but I just want to know whats happening currently which is y i came on dis platform for assistance...if u have better ideas or opinions...kindly share wt infos and insights so we all that are unaware can learn...thank u
Search for change of intent email/letter in the search bar of the page. You will see the responses to the letters and the subsequent cancellations and invitations for interviews. The letter holds no weight and can jeopardize your existing visa and future visa chances

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Oluchijiv: 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
So what then do I do ooooo...should I just travel without informing d embassy of my plans?
Wont it Jeopardise my being allowed into d states at d POE and future renewal as well?
Am very much confused
Reine22:

Search for change of intent email/letter in the search bar of the page. You will see the responses to the letters and the subsequent cancellations and invitations for interviews. The letter holds no weight and can jeopardize your existing visa and future visa chances

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (452) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.