Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1173037 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (453) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 10:38am On Mar 27, 2022
The question is there still medical visa If yes then ignore my advice. All I know for myself there is no medical visa. Please ask around also.
temyb:
Noooooo,this is so.wrong. please go through the right way o. Your wife should apply for medical visa,still B1/B2. Get a good hospital and their quotation,if u can pay abit before appointment or if not make sure u have more than enough in your account when you are going for appointment. But meanwhile make sure u get an appointment date,which is the first thing to do.
Or better still please read through and see how its done properly. I went for a follow up interview and a lady was denied visa renewal simply because she used her visiting visa for birthing purpose.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Mar 27, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
You know there is not one way it getting this visa. But are you trying to say she can go to the embassy boldly with tummy showing and request for birth? Make una dey talk true ooooo. Well I said what I said. Oga your wife can not go there with big tummy. I saw a lot on my own day. So over to the elders.

You are talking nonsense, yes one can get a visa to give birth in US even when visibly pregnant during the interview

All the VO wants to know is whether the applicant can comfortably afford giving birth in US and return to Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2022
Oga that was before not now. Ask the people that have been there recently. I am not talking nonsense. I am stating what I know with facts. Trump did not bring it back and since then it’s been 50/50 not sure like before. So you can’t tell me that a person will go there now and tell the visa officer that she wants to put to bed with no medical condition and she will be granted? I still disagree. Bring one person it has happen to recently. And I will drop this case. As long as I know and I still stand on my word. No medical birth anymore. Unless you are proving to them that you have a condition.
justwise:

You are talking nonsense, yes one can get a visa to give birth in US even when visibly pregnant during the interview

All the VO wants to know is whether the applicant can comfortably afford giving birth in US and return to Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 11:46am On Mar 27, 2022
Tag one person that went there with tummy and did not lie about medical condition that got the visa. Abeg show me one person and then I will take my nonsense talk back.
justwise:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 12:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
Tag one person that went there with tummy and did not lie about medical condition that got the visa. Abeg show me one person and then I will take my nonsense talk back.

How did you know that they lied about medical condition? Were you there during their interviews?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MaryAndrews: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2022
I get your point.
In the past, we could get a B visa just because we wanted to go to the US to give birth. Effective January 2020, the US embassy has stopped issuing visas for the sole purpose of birth tourism. I have attached a screenshot from the Embassy's website.
In recent times, people have been travelling either with tourist visa (I hear you need to inform the embassy before travelling to give birth) or medical visas (with proof of why you need to travel for medical. Pregnancy related or not).
Even women who are not visibility pregnant and go for a tourist visa interviews are warned not to use it for childbirth without informing the embassy.
If she plans to use the visa for birthing, she can apply for a medical visa.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
You know there is not one way it getting this visa. But are you trying to say she can go to the embassy boldly with tummy showing and request for birth? Make una dey talk true ooooo. Well I said what I said. Oga your wife can not go there with big tummy. I saw a lot on my own day. So over to the elders.

Okay. Let me explain the "can't go with big tummy". The wife can go with big tummy if at the end she actually needs that "medical treatment at any US hospital" as long as she states the reason why she's going and she qualifies, they will not deny. Going with big tummy doesn't mean anything. Even though it's clearly stated that "you can't apply for visa for the sole purpose of birthing" there are still exceptions for women that apply for visa for the sole purpose of birthing.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 2:22pm On Mar 27, 2022
Thank you so much. Exactly what I am trying to explain. Thank you for explaining better. Appreciate ❤️❤️❤️
MaryAndrews:
I get your point.
In the past, we could get a B visa just because we wanted to go to the US to give birth. Effective January 2020, the US embassy has stopped issuing visas for the sole purpose of birth tourism. I have attached a screenshot from the Embassy's website.
In recent times, people have been travelling either with tourist visa (I hear you need to inform the embassy before travelling to give birth) or medical visas (with proof of why you need to travel for medical. Pregnancy related or not).
Even women who are not visibility pregnant and go for a tourist visa interviews are warned not to use it for childbirth without informing the embassy.
I got my tourist visa renewed in 2019 via dropbox and travelled to give birth in 2021. I wasn't aware that I needed to send an email (my last 3 renewals were via dropbox, so I haven't had an interview in over 7 years). I submitted for renewal via Interview Waiver and was asked to go schedule a follow up interview. Other people who sent the email had their visas renewed via Interview Waiver with no hassle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 2:26pm On Mar 27, 2022
Ma’am we are saying the same thing. Thank you
UmmZayd:

Okay. Let me explain the "can't go with big tummy". The wife can go with big tummy if at the end she actually needs that "medical treatment at any US hospital" as long as she states the reason why she's going and she qualifies, they will not deny. Going with big tummy doesn't mean anything. Even though it's clearly stated that "you can't apply for visa for the sole purpose of birthing" there are still exceptions for women that apply for visa for the sole purpose of birthing.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Mar 27, 2022
MaryAndrews:
I get your point.
I got my tourist visa renewed in 2019 via dropbox and travelled to give birth in 2021. I wasn't aware that I needed to send an email (my last 3 renewals were via dropbox, so I haven't had an interview in over 7 years). I submitted for renewal via Interview Waiver and was asked to go schedule a follow up interview. Other people who sent the email had their visas renewed via Interview Waiver with no hassle.

That update was 2yrs ago during Trump administration, B-1/B-2 visa holder can still give birth in US if you are able to convince the VO why you should be issued a visa.

You don't have to hid your tummy or lie during the interview because if you do you still get caught at the long run.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 8:34pm On Mar 27, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
Ma’am we are saying the same thing. Thank you

No, we are not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2022
You are so right. A lady updated her interview waiver here for giving birth again in the u.s about 3 weeeks ago. She was visibly pregnant and she went with her former hospital reciept and the new one she wants to use and she was given a second medical visa.
Let me state again here that a lady was refused visa 2weeks ago,simply because she lied. She used her tourist visa to birth without informing the embassy and she was actually pregnant when she got the visa. Another lady was warned seriously not to birth any child with her tourist visa.
I would advice you go through the right channel by applying for a B2 medical visa,I remembered I said a man was landed Life ban simply because he lied about his date of birth and another young lady that changed her date of birth with proper explanation was given visa.
Let always let to do the right thing,what if they issue the visa and at the port of entry,the person is returned because they saw that it's a tourist visa.

justwise:

That update was 2yrs ago during Trump administration, B-1/B-2 visa holder can still give birth in US if you are able to convince the VO why you should be issued a visa.

You don't have to hid your tummy or lie during the interview because if you do you still get caught at the long run.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 6:34am On Mar 28, 2022
Pls if you applied for visa recently, what interview dates did you get. I'm trying to know the wait period before an interview thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 4:35pm On Mar 28, 2022
i have family in US so i spend 3 months on average when I go.

I have been in the flight with someone who was carrying a 3 week old.

Toritse321:

Thank you babestell,

How many weeks was your 1st baby when you returned to Nigeria for the remaining Vaccinations. I'm thinking of doing same at 6/7 weeks. Just wondering what the effect would be

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 4:38pm On Mar 28, 2022
Genesys Women OBGYN:
Dama Ziworitin, MD
info@genesysobgyn.com

Send email

Somandla:

Hi,

Can you kindly please share Dr Z contacts.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gracemama: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2022
Hello, Good morning everyone,

Pls has anyone applied for a medical emergency for childbirth recently?
I have an appointment date for 2023, fortunately i’m pregnant now, so i’m thinking of applying for Medical emergency. Note: this would be my 3rd CS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Smartangels: 5:29pm On Mar 29, 2022
My dear, this is completely false

As for as u are well quiped with the vital document, u can always declare ur intentions with ur big tummy.

I'm first two birth was gotten while pregnant. I was even 6months give when I got one
Niveakreamy89:
[img]the only time she can go with big tummy which is still 50/50 is when she wants to claim complications (Godforbid ooo) and you will back it up with doctors appointment both Nigeria and American doctor that has accepted to take her with her condition[/img]. And then pray for high Favour.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 9:20pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hi ma’am good evening.please can you help me with a link and sample of the mail to send to embassy when you are going to give birth please.Asin I want to send them a message to notify them before I leave please help me . Thank you
AmeliaT:
Congratulations! Send them a message to notify them. My sister in law went to give birth and was called aside with 11 other Nigerian pregnant women. 11 were deported and she was the only one who made it in because she had sent them an email notifying them of her pregnancy and intent to give birth there. The others were told they were deceitful in their applications. The same thing happened to a colleague, my bank officer and a mutual friend- mutual friend was very rude and constituted a nuisance and was slapped with a 5-year ban as well.

Cover your tracks by sending that email. All the best!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2022
Hi ma’am I don’t mean at the point of entry o. I am taking about the interview. Correct me if I am wrong sha. Do they grant birthing visa like before?? That is what I am trying to clarify. My 1st visa I was 5 month pregnant and I went there with everything and got the visa without no stress. My question is do they still give that? Because since trump canceled it no one has reversed it. But I might be wrong.
Smartangels:
My dear, this is completely false

As for as u are well quiped with the vital document, u can always declare ur intentions with ur big tummy.

I'm first two birth was gotten while pregnant. I was even 6months give when I got one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MaryAndrews: 10:55am On Mar 31, 2022
Please I sent you an email.
Please respond. Thanks

[quote author=Ayishat22 post=110763699][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 12:51pm On Mar 31, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
Hi ma’am I don’t mean at the point of entry o. I am taking about the interview. Correct me if I am wrong sha. Do they grant birthing visa like before?? That is what I am trying to clarify. My 1st visa I was 5 month pregnant and I went there with everything and got the visa without no stress. My question is do they still give that? Because since trump canceled it no one has reversed it. But I might be wrong.

I thought you are sure of all you were saying?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 8:34am On Apr 01, 2022
Yes I am very very sure because it is what I witnessed. But on here is like some people have information that others don’t have. So I don’t want to fight over nothing. We are here for more information so maybe from 30th of December till date a lot of things has changed that I don’t know about. That’s why I used that word. But I still stand on what I said. Thank you ❤️
justwise:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 8:54am On Apr 01, 2022
Hi please can you help me with sample letter of intent I can use to present at the point of entry please. And also which e-mail address will I forward the letter to. Thank you appreciate
justwise:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
Hi please can you help me with sample letter of intent I can use to present at the point of entry please. And also which e-mail address will I forward the letter to. Thank you appreciate

There is no sample or specific format of such letter, just send a letter to the embassy indicating that you want to use the visa for child birth.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mumsyfiyin: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2022
justwise:

There is no sample or specific format of such letter, just send a letter to the embassy indicating that you want to use the visa for child birth.

I wanted to send this letter till someone mentioned they really don't take this letters into consideration except declaring to the CBP officers.

Don't know which is which .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by koko83: 5:16pm On Apr 01, 2022
Has anyone sent change of intent recently .

Heard you can only be allowed to birth if you intend not to obtain citizenship
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2022
Mumsyfiyin:

I wanted to send this letter till someone mentioned they really don't take this letters into consideration except declaring to the CBP officers.

Don't know which is which .

Sending it is better than not, even if they don't pay attention to it at least you have evidence that you have informed them about change of intent.

Though it will not help your case if you have lied during the visa interview then sent letter at a late date just to cover your lies

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ardel(f): 7:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
koko83:
Has anyone sent change of intent recently .

Heard you can only be allowed to birth if you intend not to obtain citizenship

Can someone pls confirm the second paragraph?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by harkynon(m): 12:27pm On Apr 02, 2022
ardel:

Can someone pls confirm the second paragraph?

Not possible. No immigration can deny birthing citizenship. Even Trump couldn’t stop it.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Niveakreamy89:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 7:23pm On Apr 03, 2022
Thank you ma’am. I got my visa the second one 30th of December I wasn’t pregnant. But now I am pregnant. Just want to plan ahead. Thank you [quote author=Myfavour22 post=111584613][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:05am On Apr 06, 2022
Good evening everyone, Please for those who have used form A to pay for Medicals, what were the requirements and were you the one who stated how much to wire to the doctor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (453) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.