Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166808 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Smartangels: 11:31am On Mar 14, 2022
I had a vbac in 2018. So smooth and the best birth so far in Martin Luther kings hospital Los Angeles.

BRENDAMAGALI:
Hello

I’m pregnant and my due date is in October this year. It’s going to be my second child, and I want to give birth in USA, the thing is that I have a cesarean, it was 4 years ago, the problem is that I need to find a doctor who does vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC).

Any chance someone here has had a VBAC in USA? Can you please recommend a doctor for this? I am planing to go to Texas since I know it’s the cheapeast place in USA.

I’m very interested in Doctores Para Ti in El
Paso, Texas, however they don’t practice VBAC, so I need more options.

Please help me!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ehisjp: 7:44am On Mar 16, 2022
Does pregnant women have hope for Expedited Interview?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbliss: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2022
Hi everyone, please for anyone who has done ETC before pls how long didn’t it take before it was mailed back and was it the same day you were traveling you got it??
If I am going to pick at the embassy myself do I need a UPS self addressed envelope
Pls I need answers it’s urgent
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by GAPPLE: 6:43pm On Mar 16, 2022
Wow, just came back on here, after a while.
Thanks a lot mama. Detailed. I appreciate.

TWoods:

1. The F1 spouse is likely covered by health insurance. Read this, call the insurance company and let them know of your birthing plans. They will advice you on what to do. You may even get a few things for free.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sandykwas: 6:44am On Mar 19, 2022
Oke2017:

Include your itemized bill, my hospital bill was around $5000 and I got my visa approved last month.

Sorry what do u mean by zero account balane letters tnx.
Your hospital name n doc no ll also be appreciated.
Tnc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sandykwas: 7:00am On Mar 19, 2022
Chubbyface:
Hello house..finally got a letter from Doctor Z, would be using west Houston medical center..plz does anyone have accommodations info around there. Would be glad.
Thanks

Good day and congrats on your letter. Pls i am in the process of obtaining my letter from doc.z and he asked for person no and address there in US.. That is column to fill. My question is: As i do not have anyone there and i plan staying in hotel what should i say?. Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toritse321: 3:07am On Mar 20, 2022
Good day all.

Please for those of you who have had your babies in the US, did you vaccinate your newborns? If yes, what vaccinations did you take and what were the costs?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 6:40am On Mar 20, 2022
Toritse321:
Good day all.

Please for those of you who have had your babies in the US, did you vaccinate your newborns? If yes, what vaccinations did you take and what were the costs?

Thank you

I think the first shots your baby gets are at his/her 2-month visit to the pediatrician.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 7:34am On Mar 21, 2022
TWoods:

I think the first shots your baby gets are at his/her 2-month visit to the pediatrician.
Wrong. Babies get HepB right after birth and at 1 month then the whole battery of TdaP, IPV (Polio), Rotavirus, HiB and Pneumococcal at 2 months.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 8:50am On Mar 21, 2022
I used sunrise pediatrics and the day we took all that plenty vaccine, my total cost (Dr visit + vaccine) was around $250. (TdaP, IPV (Polio), Rotavirus, HiB and Pneumococcal)

it also depends on your Dr. The cost for daily visit is different from cost of vaccines. my first child only took the one at birth and then we started vaccinations when we returned to Naija at 3 months.

Toritse321:
Good day all.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2022
Hi Mrs,

Can you please share if you dnt mind which state mad hospital you used?

MrsHappy:
Hello all, it’s been a long time. Good to be back here.
I got my first US visa in 2015 with my hubby and we went on vacation 2017.
Then in 2018 and 2019 respectively, I had my 2 kids on a renewed visa. ( I sent an email to Lagos embassy to inform them of my pregnancy plans and they replied that it’s up to the Officer at point of entry) . At point of entry all my documents were looked at after I told them I was pregnant and I was allowed in.
Now my question is none of my hospital bills was more than $5000. I am going for this new waiver program with my husband. Do you think the amount I spent will affect my renewal?
NOTE: I’m not pregnant, dnt plan to have any more kids. Just need to go on vacation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toritse321: 2:30am On Mar 22, 2022
Thank you babestell,

How many weeks was your 1st baby when you returned to Nigeria for the remaining Vaccinations. I'm thinking of doing same at 6/7 weeks. Just wondering what the effect would be

babestell:
I used sunrise pediatrics and the day we took all that plenty vaccine, my total cost (Dr visit + vaccine) was around $250. (TdaP, IPV (Polio), Rotavirus, HiB and Pneumococcal)

it also depends on your Dr. The cost for daily visit is different from cost of vaccines. my first child only took the one at birth and then we started vaccinations when we returned to Naija at 3 months.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toritse321: 2:31am On Mar 22, 2022
Hmm thanks for the detailed info

MamaOO:

Wrong. Babies get HepB right after birth and at 1 month then the whole battery of TdaP, IPV (Polio), Rotavirus, HiB and Pneumococcal at 2 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Toritse321: 4:01am On Mar 22, 2022
Seems your total bill was about 12000

My estimated bill is similar. So why do the consular officers insist that bills must be between 15000 to 20000 dollars according to those who have shared their visa renewal stories

Are we supposed to beg the hospitals to increase the bill?

The whole thing is somehow

babestell:
Hello House, time to share my story

I got my visa early last year before the who0le issue with dates started. I wasn’t pregnant then but we thank God for his gifts.
I used Memorial Hermann and Dr Z. My cost breakdown is below

Dr Z (include ultrasound): $2550
Memorial Hermann sugarland; $3969
Anesthesia: $2000
Sunrise Pediatrics: $500
Hospital Labs: $300

The hospital labs is not a round figure as above, I rounded it up0. When we got home we received an additional bill from the hospital. Apparently the hosp0ital only allows their own p0ediatrics team attend to baby after birth. Instead of allowing the external child pediatrician attend. They charge the p0arents for the service and boy its not cheap. My bill when sent was

Child Initial Birth: $750
Circumcision: $821
Baby discharge examination: $535

So pls if you are using this hospital, put all these in plan. Covid has dealt with the system so even all those freebies we used to get from hospitals are no longer available. They claim this was in response to Covid .
I applied for baby passport last week of November. Even paid for express. Unfortunately, the passport is not out. We travelled with ETC, which my husband helped process.

I did my covid test at CVS and that’s what I used to travel.

Thanks to everyone who shared their journey.

PS Dr Z is Nigerian...I know there was time people were arguing over it here.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hi,

Can you kindly please share Dr Z contacts.

babestell:
Hello House, time to share my story

I got my visa early last year before the who0le issue with dates started. I wasn’t pregnant then but we thank God for his gifts.
I used Memorial Hermann and Dr Z. My cost breakdown is below

Dr Z (include ultrasound): $2550
Memorial Hermann sugarland; $3969
Anesthesia: $2000
Sunrise Pediatrics: $500
Hospital Labs: $300

The hospital labs is not a round figure as above, I rounded it up0. When we got home we received an additional bill from the hospital. Apparently the hosp0ital only allows their own p0ediatrics team attend to baby after birth. Instead of allowing the external child pediatrician attend. They charge the p0arents for the service and boy its not cheap. My bill when sent was

Child Initial Birth: $750
Circumcision: $821
Baby discharge examination: $535

So pls if you are using this hospital, put all these in plan. Covid has dealt with the system so even all those freebies we used to get from hospitals are no longer available. They claim this was in response to Covid .
I applied for baby passport last week of November. Even paid for express. Unfortunately, the passport is not out. We travelled with ETC, which my husband helped process.

I did my covid test at CVS and that’s what I used to travel.

Thanks to everyone who shared their journey.

PS Dr Z is Nigerian...I know there was time people were arguing over it here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Cattaleya: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2022
Good afternoon everyone, trust your day is going well.
Please I need help with the all-in costs for C-section twin birth in Virginia USA. I hear Inova Hospital Fairfax is a good one, would appreciate any information you have on the current cost there or any other alternative hospitals within the area.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aderounkeomoba(f): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Oke2017:

Can you share how your interview went

Include your itemized bill, my hospital bill was around $5000 and I got my visa approved last month.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aderounkeomoba(f): 9:23am On Mar 24, 2022
Gigli:
Good day
Was asked to come for interview
Please has anyone who did child birth with last Visa and has submitted for IW gotten feedback yet.

Thanks in advance for your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Microwave: 7:17pm On Mar 24, 2022
Hello Nairalanders

RE: Give Birth in Us

My first ever post here as I am in dire need of your help sir & ma. My wife just hit 6 weeks today having realized we are pregnant last week with our first scan ystday.

I have siblings in US but both I and my wife have never travelled out of the country. I would really appreciate sufficient guides on recent and verified procedures to begin my wife’s application to enable her give birth in US.

PLEASE ADVISE. Thanks all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 7:44pm On Mar 25, 2022
Your 1st step is to pay for appointment and start looking for interview date. Because now there is no birthing visa so her tummy must not show when she is going for her interview. So I suggest the earlier the better.the only time she can go with big tummy which is still 50/50 is when she wants to claim complications (Godforbid ooo) and you will back it up with doctors appointment both Nigeria and American doctor that has accepted to take her with her condition. And then pray for high Favour.
Microwave:
Hello Nairalanders

My first ever post here as I am in dire need of your help sir & ma. My wife just hit 6 weeks today having realized we are pregnant last week with our first scan ystday.

I have siblings in US but both I and my wife have never travelled out of the country. I would really appreciate sufficient guides on recent and verified procedures to begin my wife’s application to enable her give birth in US.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Aderounkeomoba(f): 11:16pm On Mar 25, 2022
Microwave:
Hello Nairalandel

Birth in usa is legal , all you need is reason you pickedusa, finance, correspondence with a usa doctor that will be ur contact and book your interview asap

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MaryAndrews: 7:29pm On Mar 26, 2022
Please has anyone who was asked to schedule a follow up 221G interview online had their interview? Please share your transcript
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 10:50pm On Mar 26, 2022
Noooooo,this is so.wrong. please go through the right way o. Your wife should apply for medical visa,still B1/B2. Get a good hospital and their quotation,if u can pay abit before appointment or if not make sure u have more than enough in your account when you are going for appointment. But meanwhile make sure u get an appointment date,which is the first thing to do.
Or better still please read through and see how its done properly. I went for a follow up interview and a lady was denied visa renewal simply because she used her visiting visa for birthing purpose.
Niveakreamy89:
Your
1st step is to pay for appointment and start looking for interview date. Because now there is no birthing visa so her tummy must not show when she is going for her interview. So I suggest the earlier the better.the only time she can go with big tummy which is still 50/50 is when she wants to claim complications (Godforbid ooo) and you will back it up with doctors appointment both Nigeria and American doctor that has accepted to take her with her condition. And then pray for high Favour.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by temyb: 10:51pm On Mar 26, 2022
I did and I wrote something on it 2weeks ago. You can check it

MaryAndrews:
Please has anyone who was asked to schedule a follow up 221G interview online had their interview? Please share your transcript
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 11:06pm On Mar 26, 2022
Niveakreamy89:
Your 1st step is to pay for appointment and start looking for interview date. Because now there is no birthing visa so her tummy must not show when she is going for her interview. So I suggest the earlier the better.the only time she can go with big tummy which is still 50/50 is when she wants to claim complications (Godforbid ooo) and you will back it up with doctors appointment both Nigeria and American doctor that has accepted to take her with her condition. And then pray for high Favour.

Are you sure about this?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 4:34am On Mar 27, 2022
Niveakreamy89:

Please do not follow this advice, thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 10:15am On Mar 27, 2022
You know there is not one way it getting this visa. But are you trying to say she can go to the embassy boldly with tummy showing and request for birth? Make una dey talk true ooooo. Well I said what I said. Oga your wife can not go there with big tummy. I saw a lot on my own day. So over to the elders.
justwise:

Are you sure about this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Niveakreamy89: 10:16am On Mar 27, 2022
What is your own advice? Because clearly you did not give anything
TWoods:

Please do not follow this advice, thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (410) (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.