Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (421) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1167126 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 3:35am On Jul 27, 2022
ladee1:
Please can a Nigerian on a Super Visa/Grandma visa in Canada, apply for a visitor visa to USA from Canada

Yes. The super visa won't mean much for your US application. Be prepared to have to deal with the issue of home ties.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 3:35am On Jul 27, 2022
Mimi227:

Hello everyone, I need urgent help can anyone please help with contact of a Dr and hospital in Las Vegas , Nevada ? With a price breakdown.I am getting close to my due date and I am yet to get anyone . I appreciate any help God bless you all

Go on the internet and look for doctors available. Contact them personally.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 3:42am On Jul 27, 2022
Kemo88:
Good day house,

Please does anyone know if hospitals in the US accept wiring of money directly from Nigeria. Wanted to send money using form A, medical at bank rate, only for The hospital in the US to tell me they don’t accept wiring / direct deposit as a mode of payment and I can only pay through money order, cards, Cheque or online payment. Any help please? Anyone know anything About this or how to go about it? Thanks

Doubtful that you will find a hospital willing to accept wire transfer, considering most people here either pay online or by check. Once they've also told you what they will accept, you dont have much choice left. Your only option is to wire money to someone in the US and have them pay on your behalf, online is easier.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MamaOO: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2022
ladee1:
Please can a Nigerian on a Super Visa/Grandma visa in Canada, apply for a visitor visa to USA from Canada

Yes. She can.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
Kemo88:

How please ? The problem is hospital saying they don’t give out their bank details for direct deposit or money order… without the bank details the Nigerian bank cannot process form A medical. So I don’t know what to do

Someone in the US will have to make the payment for you using their bank card.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 6:10pm On Jul 29, 2022
Please can I travel with my partner when she is 32weeks gone and can I show proof of funds at the port of entry in naira?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 2:54am On Jul 30, 2022
yansky:
Please can I travel with my partner when she is 32weeks gone and can I show proof of funds at the port of entry in naira?

Of course you can travel with your partner if you have a valid visa. As per proof of funds, it's good to carry dollars along incase you are asked.
I entered US three weeks ago, at the port of entry, Atlanta to be precise, I was asked only one question, are you here on vacation? I said no, on medical, the officer just stamped my passport and that was all.
Five years ago, I was asked how much I had on me? I advise you have dollars with you, it shows you have made plans to pay your bills and a credit or debit card tied to your naira account.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kayeo: 7:55am On Jul 30, 2022
Nawa for you oh! Be cammingdan abeg! Those kids are citizens and have a right to tax refunds filed by a tax payer. The tax payer also benefits from this refunds. Apart from that in 2020 and 2021 Biden handed out stimulus checks to all American citizens. $1,200 for adults and $500 for children. If her kids were a tax payers dependents they would've gotten that money which again the tax payer would've also benefited. So keep kwayet about all that yeye talk of contribution to USA and robbing citizens! People like you are the real problem! Enemies of progress! Other people's joy dey pepper you!

Somandla:
Regarding the government paying you benefits just because your kids are born there, my question is, what contribution have you made to USA? have you paid taxes? if your answer is nope, dnt rig the system and rob citizens of their hard earned taxes, they pay taxes to have a social system that works

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kayeo:
Nawa for you oh! Be cammingdan abeg! Those kids are citizens and have a right to tax refunds filed by a tax payer. The tax payer also benefits from this refunds. Apart from that in 2020 and 2021 Biden handed out stimulus checks to all American citizens. $1,200 for adults and $500 for children. If her kids were a tax payers dependents they would've gotten that money which again the tax payer would've also benefited. So keep kwayet about all that yeye talk of contribution to USA and robbing citizens! People like you are the real problem! Enemies of progress! Other people's joy dey pepper you!

Lawyer sad you sef hear yourself talk "tax refund filed by a Tax payer" did the person paid tax to collect tax payment in the first place?? If everyone that gave birth in the US was to go with this your thinking, do you know how many Nigerians alone would have travelled back just to collect that $1200?? And again "How exactly has the person contributed to the US economy so as to get the benefits?" Una go just sit somewhere dey feel nonsense entitlement.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by TWoods(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2022
Kayeo:

Do you understand what the word "refund" means?

Second highlighted line... "if her kids were a taxpayers dependents...". So since neither parent is a taxpayer, their child is automatically not a taxpayers dependent. So there is no stimulus check to be mailed to you.

Merely being a citizen does not entitle to anything if you have not paid into the system.

This arrogant sense of entitlement is partly to blame for the growing nationalist sentiment in the US. Don't be shocked if birthright citizenship goes on the chopping block at the Supreme Court soon.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 6:34pm On Jul 30, 2022
Piepiehoney:

Of course you can travel with your partner if you have a valid visa. As per proof of funds, it's good to carry dollars along incase you are asked.
I entered US three weeks ago, at the port of entry, Atlanta to be precise, I was asked only one question, are you here on vacation? I said no, on medical, the officer just stamped my passport and that was all.
Five years ago, I was asked how much I had on me? I advise you have dollars with you, it shows you have made plans to pay your bills and a credit or debit card tied to your naira account.

Thank you so much �.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Humblegentlebee: 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2022
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2022

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Candybright: 11:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
Humblegentlebee I will advise you clean up your application, fill a fresh form if you have submitted the previous one and make sure to update your ds160 to talk with your appointment. Ask your doctor to adjust your appointment date and prepare for your interview. The same date you are trying to reject, many people will pounce on if given the chance. If you have up to 1-2weeks, tidy your application and attend your interview.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nikanne: 4:22pm On Aug 01, 2022
Please can my baby travel with only the ETC from the Nigerian embassy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Innopat: 3:56am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello everyone, please has anyone used any hospital in California? I would like some suggestions please.. thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MoAdiya: 7:32am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello everyone, please for people applying from Nigeria: I have been looking for appointment date (abuja) since forever!

The last time i checked ( Saturday) there was no date at all. as in, the calendar was not even there. i want to apply for emergency medical appointment and i even need to choose a date first. i am running out of time (EDD is Dec).

Can someone advise me on what to do? how to proceed?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemo88: 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2022
TWoods:

Doubtful that you will find a hospital willing to accept wire transfer, considering most people here either pay online or by check. Once they've also told you what they will accept, you dont have much choice left. Your only option is to wire money to someone in the US and have them pay on your behalf, online is easier.

Thank you for your response, I was hoping to get it at bank rate if I wire directly to the hospital but as it is , I had to resort to black market to get the dollars in the end. Got some PTA for myself though but couldn’t get for my mum.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Kemo88: 1:43pm On Aug 02, 2022
MY POE STORY

Left naija through Qatar last week, my POE was Washington Dulles. Qatar at the Nigerian airport sent me to the port health downstairs MMIA despite having my fit to fly from their website and having all documents and letters from the doctors.
When I got to port health, the two so called “midwives” were rude and wicked. They kept saying I wasn’t 30 weeks despite my scan saying I was 31weeks plus or minus 2 weeks. Showed them 5 different scans all through my pregnancy and argued that how can the scans life. They asked for my LMP I told them and they counted it on the calendar got 30weeks and still said I’m lying. They said I’m over 36, They said “madam, keep arguing and see if you would travel tonight”.
They threatened that they would write something that wouldn’t make Qatar take me on that flight. I guess hubby knew were they were going and told me to be quiet, he told them that we could sort this out amicably, I was upset and went outside. Hubby then gave them money, they collected about 15k naira …. They even told us not to go and pay the 5k that was meant to be paid in the bank, they asked us to give it to them. I was very upset.
Anyway, asides all of that , the Trip was nice….. couldn’t upgrade like I wanted to cos the flight was full but I slept almost through out ….. I was so tired from days and days of going to bank headquarters on the island to chase my PTA.

At the point of entry? I joined the citizen line as I was traveling with my 6years old who is a US citizen. I had all my documents with me; change of intent letter from the embassy(cos I got my visa March 2021) , letter from my doctor in the US, estimated bills and so on. I didn’t hide my pregnancy cos I wore a fitted top on leggings.
The CBP officer we were going to had sent two people for secondary inspection right in front of us and I wondered why. So when it was our turn…..

CBP: Hi, how are you?
Me: I’m good, thanks for asking , how about yourself?
CBP: im good ….
Handed him all passports with the US passport on top of our own naija one
CBP: so where are you traveling from?
Me: Nigeria
CBP: how long will you be staying ?
Me: 10weeks
CBP: and who are these ?
Me: my mum and my daughter
CBP: do you have cash ? How much do you have ?
Me: I have 9k dollars but my mum has 1k… the rest are in my dollar master card
CBP: any Nigerian money
Me: yes about 8 thousand naira which comes to about 22 dollars
CBP: any good stuff ?
Me: some cereal (Ogi) and some soup.

CBP: face masks down please…… welcome to the United States
*stamps us in till January*

After he was done , I was going to tell him I’m here to have a baby blah blah blah …. but my mum was like (in our native language) “keep moving, he didn’t ask you why you are here , he saw your belly and didn’t ask you , keep moving “ lol
If I was asked I would have declared cos I was “document ready”. I declared during my first pregnancy
so I have no problem declaring.

I wasn’t sent to agriculture so all my edikaikong, Ogbona and other soup made it safe. Lol. Been eating correct soup with poundo yam since I got in. Thank God for His mercies. Wishing everyone the very best with their POE experience .

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Piepiehoney: 4:27am On Aug 03, 2022
Sorry about the stress those midwives or thieves made you go through. I would have had a hard time with them too but Got saved me. I went to the airport 2 days before my trip since I was to travel on a Sunday not knowing that port health is open Mondays to Sundays. I went with all my scan results showing I was 32+ gone, the woman I met said I don't look it that my tommy looks bigger that I am lying, that anybody can come up with false scan results, I was surprised and upset. When I noticed that she is from my tribe based on her accent, I asked her if she is from my state she said yes. She calmed down a bit and asked me to come the next day which is Saturday that she would give me the fit to fly because her colleague who will be on duty on Sunday will give me tough time. I told myself that I won't bother going to see her the following day because it will look as though she is doing me a favour and make me pay extra.
I got to the airport on Sunday with every other document without fit to fly from Port health, after checking in, I told the staff of the airline, Delta airlines to be precise that I don't have fit to fly from Port health that I want to go and get it, she just asked me madam are you fit, do you have any health issues? I said no that I am ok and 32weeks+, she said then you are good to go, that Delta is not big on that.
That was how I excaped those mean midwives.
I will advise though, if anyone needs to get fit to fly from Port health, wear a big dress to avoid stories that touch the heart. The official rate is 2k but trust some Nigerians to take advantage of people, imagine them collecting 15k from your husband smh.
Kemo88:
MY POE STORY

Left naija through Qatar last week, my POE was Washington Dulles. Qatar at the Nigerian airport sent me to the port health downstairs MMIA despite having my fit to fly from their website and having all documents and letters from the doctors.
When I got to port health, the two so called “midwives” were rude and wicked. They kept saying I wasn’t 30 weeks despite my scan saying I was 31weeks plus or minus 2 weeks. Showed them 5 different scans all through my pregnancy and argued that how can the scans life. They asked for my LMP I told them and they counted it on the calendar got 30weeks and still said I’m lying. They said I’m over 36, They said “madam, keep arguing and see if you would travel tonight”.
They threatened that they would write something that wouldn’t make Qatar take me on that flight. I guess hubby knew were they were going and told me to be quiet, he told them that we could sort this out amicably, I was upset and went outside. Hubby then gave them money, they collected about 15k naira …. They even told us not to go and pay the 5k that was meant to be paid in the bank, they asked us to give it to them. I was very upset.
Anyway, asides all of that , the Trip was nice….. couldn’t upgrade like I wanted to cos the flight was full but I slept almost through out ….. I was so tired from days and days of going to bank headquarters on the island to chase my PTA.

At the point of entry? I joined the citizen line as I was traveling with my 6years old who is a US citizen. I had all my documents with me; change of intent letter from the embassy(cos I got my visa March 2021) , letter from my doctor in the US, estimated bills and so on. I didn’t hide my pregnancy cos I wore a fitted top on leggings.
The CBP officer we were going to had sent two people for secondary inspection right in front of us and I wondered why. So when it was our turn…..

CBP: Hi, how are you?
Me: I’m good, thanks for asking , how about yourself?
CBP: im good ….
Handed him all passports with the US passport on top of our own naija one
CBP: so where are you traveling from?
Me: Nigeria
CBP: how long will you be staying ?
Me: 10weeks
CBP: and who are these ?
Me: my mum and my daughter
CBP: do you have cash ? How much do you have ?
Me: I have 9k dollars but my mum has 1k… the rest are in my dollar master card
CBP: any Nigerian money
Me: yes about 8 thousand naira which comes to about 22 dollars
CBP: any good stuff ?
Me: some cereal (Ogi) and some soup.

CBP: face masks down please…… welcome to the United States
*stamps us in till January*

After he was done , I was going to tell him I’m here to have a baby blah blah blah …. but my mum was like (in our native language) “keep moving, he didn’t ask you why you are here , he saw your belly and didn’t ask you , keep moving “ lol
If I was asked I would have declared cos I was “document ready”. I declared during my first pregnancy
so I have no problem declaring.

I wasn’t sent to agriculture so all my edikaikong, Ogbona and other soup made it safe. Lol. Been eating correct soup with poundo yam since I got in. Thank God for His mercies. Wishing everyone the very best with their POE experience .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Somandla: 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2022
Hi all,

Can anyone advise what the lead time in processing baby USA passport & birth certificate is currently?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by poit5flin: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2022
A few months ago I had a baby in NJ. Details for self-pay are below.

Hospital: Saint Peter's University Hospital: $7754 for mother & child for normal delivery. 2 days stay.

C-section is $11,551 for mother & child and for 3 days stay.
Costs include mandatory pre-admission blood work and COVID test.

Note that the 2 or 3 days includes the time spent in labour and delivery. Each additional day is $1700. So if your child allows it, do not go to the hospital at the end of the day as the clock resets at midnight.

In-hospital pediatrician: $135.
Epidural for normal delivery: $1700.

Good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2022
Hi, please can I leave the US with my baby when she has her social security number or do I have to wait for her to have her passport?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nikanne: 1:37am On Aug 10, 2022
yansky:
Hi, please can I leave the US with my baby when she has her social security number or do I have to wait for her to have her passport?

Yes you can but you’ll need either a Nigerian passport or Emergency travel certificate to travel to Nigeria with her. Depending on what city you are in the US, you can get her American passport in a day if you apply at the agency.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by babestell(f): 8:19am On Aug 10, 2022
I didn't get my baby passport before I left. I travelled with Emergency Travel Certificate. However make sure you apply and do the biometrics for the passport before you leave, if you can get an appointment at an agency, pls do so. its same day there. A bit expensive but its better to hold it in hand.

You cannot get a first time passport in Nigeria

yansky:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 11:56am On Aug 10, 2022
Nikanne:

Yes you can but you’ll need either a Nigerian passport or Emergency travel certificate to travel to Nigeria with her. Depending on what city you are in the US, you can get her American passport in a day if you apply at the agency.

Please If You don’t mind. Can I reach out to you on this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2022
Nikanne:

Please can I reach out to you on this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Terminalia(f): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2022
VISA RENEWAL UPDATE

BACKGROUND:
- Hubby and I got visit visa in 2017.
- I got pregnant and decided to birth my baby in the US
- Sent change of intent and got the generic response
- I declared at the POE that I would be having my baby and no issue was raised.
- Paid less than 5k USD for delivery
- Applied for renewal (medical visa) in 2019. I was pregnant then but due to COVID 19, appointment was rescheduled to August, 2022.
- I got all my receipts and zero balance from the hospital I used then. But thankfully, none was checked.

Below is the transcript of our interview.
Vo: Good morning
Vo: Why are you going to going to the US
Hubby & I: For Christmas vacation
Vo. Have you been to the US before.
Hubby & I: Yes, we were there between Sep- Nov 2017
Vo. What for?
I:. We went for vacation and I also had my baby in Chicago
Vo. Okay. Do you have any relation there?
Hubby & I: No
Vo. How long do you want to spend there
Hubby & I. 2 weeks
Vo. You said you are going for Christmas. There would be snow by that time.
Hubby & I: Yes. I'm ready to experience the snow. (general laughter)
Vo. I can see you applied for a medical visa.
Me. Yes I did, I was pregnant as at the time I applied in 2019. But I already had my baby in Nigeria in 2020. So we have decided to go for our family vacation during Christmas.
Vo. Are you going with the kids
Hubby & I: No
Vo. Oh, they are going to stay with grandma right. Laughs
Hubby & I: Yes. Infact, she lives with us (laugh)
Vo. What do you guys do?
Hubby & I: I'm a banker. Hubby is a field engineer
Vo. Have you guys visited any other country apart from the US.
Hubby & I:. No
Vo. How long would you like to spend this time for Christmas
Hubby & I:. 2 weeks Vo. I'm approving your visa ......

I want to thank this forum for being a huge source of info. I practically got all the info I needed for my visa interview back in 2017 as a first timer and subsequently for childbirth in the US.
Finally, I give all glory to God, he showed us favour. May His name be praised forever. Amen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nikanne: 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2022
yansky:

Please can I reach out to you on this?
Yes you can

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Myfavour22: 3:48am On Aug 11, 2022
Please guys when only one parent is coming back to Naija do they need to get a letter of authorization from the father for the baby? Especially if the mum has a different name in her passport or does birth certificate for the baby suffice?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2022
Humblegentlebee:
Hello all, on friday an agent got me an August date even though i told him that i want September ending. So now i dont have enough time to prepare. In my ds 160 form i filled I'm going to have my baby in New Jersey because that's where i had my last child in 2017. Only for me to email the doctor's office and was told the obgyn who delivered my last child has moved her practice to Arizona! Meaning that the address i filled in my form will be different from where I'm actually going. Also the doctor's appointment that I was given is now September 29th. I've asked the agent if he can change my appointment to September so i can have time to fill a new ds 160 form with this new information but he said no, that if he tries to change it i may lose the date and mrv fee. So I'm a bit confused. What should i do please? I will appreciate any response

I cannot stress this enough. DO. NOT. USE. AGENTS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.