Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (422) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1168442 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by House34: 9:51am On Aug 12, 2022
TWoods:

Yes. The super visa won't mean much for your US application. Be prepared to have to deal with the issue of home ties.

Grandma should be around 55years minimum and above,so getting a visa from canada to usa should not be a big deal,moreso super visa are allow to live in canada up to 5 years at a go. And it one in a million situation a person crossing into usa from canada illegally.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbutterfly: 9:33pm On Aug 12, 2022
Humblegentlebee:
Hello all, on friday an agent got me an August date even though i told him that i want September ending. So now i dont have enough time to prepare. In my ds 160 form i filled I'm going to have my baby in New Jersey because that's where i had my last child in 2017. Only for me to email the doctor's office and was told the obgyn who delivered my last child has moved her practice to Arizona! Meaning that the address i filled in my form will be different from where I'm actually going. Also the doctor's appointment that I was given is now September 29th. I've asked the agent if he can change my appointment to September so i can have time to fill a new ds 160 form with this new information but he said no, that if he tries to change it i may lose the date and mrv fee. So I'm a bit confused. What should i do please? I will appreciate any response

Hello, I’ve tried reaching out to you via email, can you please respond. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bevy1000: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2022
[quote author=poit5flin post=115426652]A few months ago I had a baby in NJ. Details for self-pay are below.

Hospital: Saint Peter's University Hospital: $7754 for mother & child for normal delivery. 2 days stay.

C-section is $11,551 for mother & child and for 3 days stay.
Costs include mandatory pre-admission blood work and COVID test.

Note that the 2 or 3 days includes the time spent in labour and delivery. Each additional day is $1700. So if your child allows it, do not go to the hospital at the end of the day as the clock resets at midnight.

In-hospital pediatrician: $135.
Epidural for normal delivery: $1700.

Good luck to everyone!

[Hii, please i tried to reach out to you via private message. I am currently looking to give birth at St. Peters and i was hoping you could assist with some of my inquiries.
Will appreciate your response.]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bevy1000: 4:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hii, please i tried to reach out to you via private message. I am currently looking to give birth at St. Peters and i was hoping you could assist with some of my inquiries.
Will appreciate your response

poit5flin:
A few months ago I had a baby in NJ. Details for self-pay are below.

Hospital: Saint Peter's University Hospital: $7754 for mother & child for normal delivery. 2 days stay.

C-section is $11,551 for mother & child and for 3 days stay.
Costs include mandatory pre-admission blood work and COVID test.

Note that the 2 or 3 days includes the time spent in labour and delivery. Each additional day is $1700. So if your child allows it, do not go to the hospital at the end of the day as the clock resets at midnight.

In-hospital pediatrician: $135.
Epidural for normal delivery: $1700.

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by PrettyPink89: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2022
Hello, thanks so much for this post. great information. pls i have some questions:
1. After using this hospital and paying this bill, pls have you been able to get your visa renewed recently 2020-2022?

Toritse321:
Seems your total bill was about 12000

My estimated bill is similar. So why do the consular officers insist that bills must be between 15000 to 20000 dollars according to those who have shared their visa renewal stories

Are we supposed to beg the hospitals to increase the bill?

The whole thing is somehow

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
Hi everyone good evening, please is there anyone that has experienced a situation where the passport on the profile would have had less than 6 months validity by the time the interview is here due to this elongated wait time? By the time the interview is here, the passport will have five months left. Can we take this passport with five months left and a new passport to the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by girlwithbrains: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
Hello everyone, Please I urgently need some advice. My friend is 3 months pregnant and plans to give birth in the U.S. Is she required to inform the visa officer about her intention to give birth? or she can just apply for a regular U.S tourist visa and then, go there to deliver her baby. Someone told us that giving birth on a tourist visa is risky because it may affect her future applications. Kindly advise us on the best/safest route to take.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by yansky(m): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:
Hi everyone good evening, please is there anyone that has experienced a situation where the passport on the profile would have had less than 6 months validity by the time the interview is here due to this elongated wait time? By the time the interview is here, the passport will have five months left. Can we take this passport with five months left and a new passport to the embassy?

Yes. America just needs you to have a valid visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:51pm On Aug 17, 2022
yansky:

Yes. America just needs you to have a valid visa
Hi, thanks for responding. I have called and gotten my answer from the embassy today and I was told the person should attend interview with old and new passport. My question was about passport validity as of time of interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2022
girlwithbrains:
Hello everyone, Please I urgently need some advice. My friend is 3 months pregnant and plans to give birth in the U.S. Is she required to inform the visa officer about her intention to give birth? or she can just apply for a regular U.S tourist visa and then, go there to deliver her baby. Someone told us that giving birth on a tourist visa is risky because it may affect her future applications. Kindly advise us on the best/safest route to take.

If you are pregnant and know that you plan to give birth in the US, but fail to disclose that, then you travel and give birth, Consular Officers will at the very least call you in and quiz you on why and demand to see all of your receipts. Of course disclosing this may lead to a refusals because they won't think you can afford it. Tricky needle ot thread.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AliasFavour: 5:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good day mamas, papa's and gurus. Please I need candid advice on which of these hospitals to choose. MEMORIAL HERMANN SUGAR LAND HOSPITAL, WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER
Or Oakbend.

I have quotes for all three and will appreciate advice based on experience. I’ll be using Dr. D.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2022
AliasFavour:
Good day mamas, papa's and gurus. Please I need candid advice on which of these hospitals to choose. MEMORIAL HERMANN SUGAR LAND HOSPITAL, WEST HOUSTON MEDICAL CENTER
Or Oakbend.

I have quotes for all three and will appreciate advice based on experience. I’ll be using Dr. D.
My friend used oakbend She said it was a disaster compared with memorial Hermann.
I’ve used the ER of whmc one time in 2017, it wasn’t bad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by aestake: 3:29pm On Aug 22, 2022
House34:

Grandma should be around 55years minimum and above,so getting a visa from canada to usa should not be a big deal,moreso super visa are allow to live in canada up to 5 years at a go. And it one in a million situation a person crossing into usa from canada illegally.
US authorities sometime stop Canadians from entering and you are talking about a foreign national.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by mummyellie: 1:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
AliasFavour:
Or Oakbend.

Hello Mama!
Kindly share the quote for these hospitals you have. I am also bound for Houston in Jan 2023 and I am thorn btw using Memorial Hermann and West Houston.
I just sent you an email now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AliasFavour: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hi Mama, i’ll respond once I receive your mail.
Cheers!!!

mummyellie:

Hello Mama!
Kindly share the quote for these hospitals you have. I am also bound for Houston in Jan 2023 and I am thorn btw using Memorial Hermann and West Houston.
I just sent you an email now.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AliasFavour: 1:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
Thanks a lot mama. I've decided to settle for Whmc. Please is the quote I received from inquiries what is generally referred to as “itemized bill” ?

Debbieeeeeee:

My friend used oakbend She said it was a disaster compared with memorial Hermann.
I’ve used the ER of whmc one time in 2017, it wasn’t bad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AliasFavour: 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
Thanks for your response mama�

Mrsoriginality:
Houston Methodist Sugarland remains the best for me. Which I have used, and Oakbend Hospital. I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
AliasFavour:
Thanks a lot mama. I've decided to settle for Whmc. Please is the quote I received from inquiries what is generally referred to as “itemized bill” ?

Yes that’s your bill.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by poit5flin: 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nadingo:
I'm sorry for asking this here, this is because I didn't get any response on the UAE thread. I visited Dubai in 2017 on a 2-weeks visa and due to complications with the surgery I underwent while there, I happen to overstay with another 2wks. I had to pay a fine for the overstay at the airport. Now would that affect my chances of being granted visa into the UAE again? I am thinking of going back on vacation with my family of one wife and 2 kids when the visa situation normalizes. Thanks.

No, you'll be fine. UAE is quite lenient with visitors.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nadingo: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2022
poit5flin:

No, you'll be fine. UAE is quite lenient with visitors.
Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Summerbutterfly: 10:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
Hello,

Please can someone give an update on the most recent processing times for passport, birth certificate and other things?

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 11:01am On Sep 09, 2022
Summerbutterfly:
Hello,

Please can someone give an update on the most recent processing times for passport, birth certificate and other things?

Thank you

1-2 weeks for birth certificate and social security card plus an additional 1-2 days for the passport in El Paso: https://doctoresparati.com/
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bhupeshmahajan: 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2022
bhupeshmahajan:
Hi Mamas and Papas,

I am traveling to Houston next week and the delivery of my child is due on 20th Dec. I have a place to live in Katy, however, I have not not been able to figure out the doctor and hospital. I have been following this forum for some time. I got in touch with a few hospitals and doctors and got their cost. The closest hospital to my place is Houston Methodist West Hospital (Katy) and the price of the this hospital is USD 5900 (exclusive of all other costs), they have shared with me the list of physicians as well (as attached) who are affiliated with this hospital. Not sure, which of these physicians would be the cheapest in terms of cost and can offer a good all inclusive package. Please advise if you know any of the physicians who can give a good cost for C-section and is affiliated to Houston Methodist West Hospital (Katy). Or the cheapest option for physician and hospital close to Katy.

Also, I found that the cost of Oak bend medical center is USD 5,100 (which I have found as the cheapest so far from all the hospitals I talked to) however, it is far off from my place. I have been able to speak with one of the physicians (Dr Fagbohun Funsho) affiliated to Oak bend medical center, whose price is USD 2,200 (includes C section cost and one ultrasound) and they told me they can offer me a full package and other related estimated costs of anesthesia, paedratics, lab tests etc. once I meet them for appointment. Can you advise the best option in terms of cost in terms of 1) a physician can provide a total package for all the costs including hospital cost 2) cheapest hospital and cheapest affiliated physician cost seperately.

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

Hi Mamas a
bhupeshmahajan:
Hi Mamas and Papas,

I am traveling to Houston next week and the delivery of my child is due on 20th Dec. I have a place to live in Katy, however, I have not not been able to figure out the doctor and hospital. I have been following this forum for some time. I got in touch with a few hospitals and doctors and got their cost. The closest hospital to my place is Houston Methodist West Hospital (Katy) and the price of the this hospital is USD 5900 (exclusive of all other costs), they have shared with me the list of physicians as well (as attached) who are affiliated with this hospital. Not sure, which of these physicians would be the cheapest in terms of cost and can offer a good all inclusive package. Please advise if you know any of the physicians who can give a good cost for C-section and is affiliated to Houston Methodist West Hospital (Katy). Or the cheapest option for physician and hospital close to Katy.

Also, I found that the cost of Oak bend medical center is USD 5,100 (which I have found as the cheapest so far from all the hospitals I talked to) however, it is far off from my place. I have been able to speak with one of the physicians (Dr Fagbohun Funsho) affiliated to Oak bend medical center, whose price is USD 2,200 (includes C section cost and one ultrasound) and they told me they can offer me a full package and other related estimated costs of anesthesia, paedratics, lab tests etc. once I meet them for appointment. Can you advise the best option in terms of cost in terms of 1) a physician can provide a total package for all the costs including hospital cost 2) cheapest hospital and cheapest affiliated physician cost seperately.

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

nd Papas,

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2022
bhupeshmahajan:
Hi Mamas and Papas,

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

Hi, I used Dr Jenkins in Katy because he was 5 minutes from my accommodation, I found him super good, patient and helpful. You can search for his details on the internet and call to register as a new patient.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrsoriginality: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
Dr. Fagbohun, has birthed a lot if Nigerian women and he's thr best. And super nice, je will pray with you begite start yhe section. All the best.

Also, I found that the cost of Oak bend medical center is USD 5,100 (which I have found as the cheapest so far from all the hospitals I talked to) however, it is far off from my place. I have been able to speak with one of the physicians (Dr Fagbohun Funsho) affiliated to Oak bend medical center, whose price is USD 2,200 (includes C section cost and one ultrasound) and they told me they can offer me a full package and other related estimated costs of anesthesia, paedratics, lab tests etc. once I meet them for appointment. Can you advise the best option in terms of cost in terms of 1) a physician can provide a total package for all the costs including hospital cost 2) cheapest hospital and cheapest affiliated physician cost separately.

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AndSunGorilla: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
A friend of mine wants to have his child in the US. A regular tourist Visa is a no-no now because of the backlog. Please can the house advise on what type of visa that can be used and the steps that can be taken to make this happen.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 12:14am On Sep 15, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
A friend of mine wants to have his child in the US. A regular tourist Visa is a no-no now because of the backlog. Please can the house advise on what type of visa that can be used and the steps that can be taken to make this happen.
The same regular visa B visa
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Pwinkle1(f): 1:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hello, I need some help please - do you mind sharing hospital contacts with me? I also tried sending you a DM smiley

Mrsoriginality:
Dr. Fagbohun, has birthed a lot if Nigerian women and he's thr best. And super nice, je will pray with you begite start yhe section. All the best.

Also, I found that the cost of Oak bend medical center is USD 5,100 (which I have found as the cheapest so far from all the hospitals I talked to) however, it is far off from my place. I have been able to speak with one of the physicians (Dr Fagbohun Funsho) affiliated to Oak bend medical center, whose price is USD 2,200 (includes C section cost and one ultrasound) and they told me they can offer me a full package and other related estimated costs of anesthesia, paedratics, lab tests etc. once I meet them for appointment. Can you advise the best option in terms of cost in terms of 1) a physician can provide a total package for all the costs including hospital cost 2) cheapest hospital and cheapest affiliated physician cost separately.

Thank you in advance

Bhupesh

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by SimiMaya: 2:52pm On Sep 21, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

The same regular visa B visa

Hi Debbie, can I mail you?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by bhupeshmahajan: 5:52pm On Sep 23, 2022
Bisoye76:
@springdance
Thanks for this info pls does this Oakbend quote include all scan and lab tests pls.
Did you get estimated lab test costs for memorial hermann southeast?

(1) (2) (3) ... (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) (424) (425) ... (452) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.