Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,453 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166241 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nnekkyneks: 5:02am On Jun 08, 2023
Thanks alot for your swift response.[quote author=Drugkills post=123643980][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by lonejournal: 6:55am On Jun 08, 2023
Please has anyone answered that they intend to use their visa for medical purposes in the future and still got a visa during visa interview? Primary reason for getting the visa is for vacation but would like to use it for birthing in the future. Not pregnant currently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mroriginal: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2023
Hello mama, has the baby's BRP now been successfully applied?
Viola2017:

Ok.
Yes the baby can stay for 6 months but according to her, she was told that the baby has to be in another country before applying for his brb. I will keep us updated if there are any positive changes.
They just arrived last week of march

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ebooony: 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello, does any one have experience giving birth in New Jersey? If yes, could you provide details on labor& delivery, hospital , accommodation, how to get a Dr’s correspondence etc. many thanks for your help.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ebooony: 10:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello!
Please which Ob/Gyn did you use? Did you get a Dr correspondence from them? Also, how did you go about sorting accommodation and where was your POE?
Apologies for the many questions as St Peters is one of the hospitals im currently looking into.

Thanks
poit5flin:
A few months ago I had a baby in NJ. Details for self-pay are below.

Hospital: Saint Peter's University Hospital: $7754 for mother & child for normal delivery. 2 days stay.

C-section is $11,551 for mother & child and for 3 days stay.
Costs include mandatory pre-admission blood work and COVID test.

Note that the 2 or 3 days includes the time spent in labour and delivery. Each additional day is $1700. So if your child allows it, do not go to the hospital at the end of the day as the clock resets at midnight.

In-hospital pediatrician: $135.
Epidural for normal delivery: $1700.

Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Domarion25: 5:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
Thank you . Please house any suggestions for Obsgyn and hospital in Pennyslyvia and Maryland , please I need contact for cheap hospital 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Please help a sister
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sonia77B: 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
I am also looking for suggestions on how to get an OBGYN doctor and hospital in Arizona.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
Domarion25:
Thank you . Please house any suggestions for Obsgyn and hospital in Pennyslyvia and Maryland , please I need contact for cheap hospital 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏Please help a sister
MD isn’t cheap o . A few mothers had their babies there over the past year if you can read a few pages Back.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Sonia77B:
I am also looking for suggestions on how to get an OBGYN doctor and hospital in Arizona.
AZ used to be a popular place on the thread when MHIS or MIHS (now valleywise) was still a thing but those times have passed. Since then I can’t recall seeing anyone on this thread saying they went to AZ if I’m correct.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Domarion25: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

MD isn’t cheap o . A few mothers had their babies there over the past year if you can read a few pages Back.

Wow , thank you what about Pennyslyvia, Because I’ve got my families in Maryland that I can stay with and take care of me before and after child birth as I am a first time mum with no experience 😪. What do I do now ? Any suggestions for Pennyslyvia?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2023
Mandydaisy:
Good morning all, Just to encourage anyone that applied for Dropbox and was refused on 221G, I got my visa approved!!

VO: I see you plan going on a 2 weeks vacation, What’s there for you?
Me: My kids want to see Chicago cos that’s where they were born so I plan taking them to the zoo, Aquarium and there’s a Lego land there (I had used google to search for activities in the city).
VO: (nodding and typing) Oh So you had them there? How old are they?
Me: Yes, then I told him
VO: what do u do?
Me: I told him my position and quickly chipped in my duties. (So it was like a conversation)
VO: How did you pay for your delivery?
Me: I was self pay, that’s like out of pocket
VO: what does your husband do?
Me: He is this and that
VO: (Looking interested) what does that term mean?
Me: I told him and we both laughed when he said oh oh I see.
VO: Do you intend to have any medicals on this trip
Me: No sir
VO: your visa has been approved, pick up in a week
Me: Thank you sir, enjoy the rest of your day.

I walked out without any document checked.
I noticed that some people where refused when the VO sensed dishonesty or lack of composure (keeping quiet after a question or giving an abstract response as though you didn’t understand the question, like you have something to hide).

Bottom line is God’s favour, honesty and preparation.

Blessings!

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎉🎈,were you initially refused because you had your kids there and the low hospital bill issue? What does 221G mean ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 7:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Domarion25:

Wow , thank you what about Pennyslyvia, Because I’ve got my families in Maryland that I can stay with and take care of me before and after child birth as I am a first time mum with no experience 😪. What do I do now ? Any suggestions for Pennyslyvia?
It’s best to stay where you have family and assistance, assistance after child birth is gold. The money you save from going somewhere cheaper will eventually be put towards accommodation and moving around.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2023
Hello mamas

Pls is it advisable to buy baby things from Nigeria and take to US . Things baby and I will need for about a month before coming back home. Or do I buy them in USA. Which is cheaper pls
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 8:46am On Jun 15, 2023
MsAnonymous:
Hello mamas

Pls is it advisable to buy baby things from Nigeria and take to US . Things baby and I will need for about a month before coming back home. Or do I buy them in USA. Which is cheaper pls

Travel light ma’am.
Do your shopping before baby arrives in US and complete after baby comes.
For me I bought almost all the things my daughter used till she was 2years in the US.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sheilchi(f): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Gbanis:
Hello house, so good to be back on this thread again after many years.
I got my B1/B2 visa together with my ex husband in 2016 which was used for the purpose child birth.
My ex husband and I later got separated afterwards and he left for the US where he has been living and settled with someone else.
I would like to get a visa to attend my best friend's wedding but I do not know if my ex' stay in the US would affect my chances negatively in any way because I'm quite sure that the consular officer will know that he is currently in the US. I do not know his current address or whereabouts.
We have been separated for the past six years since 2017 and our divorce has just recently been finalized.
Is there anyone who had same situation as mine? How did you get through? Please let the gurus in the house advice me on what to do.

@Gbanis, how can we connect?

I have this same issue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sheilchi(f): 1:32pm On Jun 15, 2023
hello everyone,

Has anybody who gave birth in Henrico Doctors hospital been able to renew their visas?

I was denied in 2020 and have not bothered to reapply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hello,

Pls I applied for my visa, did my interview and got the visa while already 3 months pregnant

My purpose for the visa was for vacation and to visit someone’s graduation. (Eventually didn’t go for this). I didn’t state I was pregnant

Now I’m planning to go and give birth. Will I run into any potential problems pls? And how can I salvage the situation
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:50pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tripletmom:

Travel light ma’am.
Do your shopping before baby arrives in US and complete after baby comes.
For me I bought almost all the things my daughter used till she was 2years in the US.
I completely concur with this. I did the same too, it’s advisable to buy till the baby turns 1 or 2 if one can afford. Bought everything sent through sea shipping, carried some because I had a lot of luggage allowance too.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mandydaisy: 1:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Ijaay83:

Congratulations 🎊🍾🎉🎈,were you initially refused because you had your kids there and the low hospital bill issue? What does 221G mean ?

Thank you.
A 221g interview is a follow-up interview for applicants who qualify for interview waiver (drop box) but are required to provide additional information to complete the visa process.
So, the visa application is temporarily put on hold and the applicant is asked to schedule a follow-up interview which is called a 221g interview.

Im not sure why I was asked to come for interview but I suspect period of stay due to child birth.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 9:35am On Jun 17, 2023
Mandydaisy:

Thank you.
A 221g interview is a follow-up interview for applicants who qualify for interview waiver (drop box) but are required to provide additional information to complete the visa process.
So, the visa application is temporarily put on hold and the applicant is asked to schedule a follow-up interview which is called a 221g interview.

Im not sure why I was asked to come for interview but I suspect period of stay due to child birth.

Thank you for the very clear explanation 🙏

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 9:40am On Jun 17, 2023
sheilchi:
hello everyone,

Has anybody who gave birth in Henrico Doctors hospital been able to renew their visas?

I was denied in 2020 and have not bothered to reapply

I was also denied in 2019. I gave birth in Baylors hospital @ Carrollton in Dallas. As a self pay patient the hospital charged 3k dollars in 2017 when I had my baby. I paid exactly 3k and got my zero balance from the hospital. I applied for drop box and was asked to come for interview. The consular office looked at my zero balance and asked why the hospital adjusted my bill. I told him the hospital charged me 3k and I paid exactly 3k . Dunno if anybody has this same challenge.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by sheilchi(f): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Ijaay83:

I was also denied in 2019. I gave birth in Baylors hospital @ Carrollton in Dallas. As a self pay patient the hospital charged 3k dollars in 2017 when I had my baby. I paid exactly 3k and got my zero balance from the hospital. I applied for drop box and was asked to come for interview. The consular office looked at my zero balance and asked why the hospital adjusted my bill. I told him the hospital charged me 3k and I paid exactly 3k . Dunno if anybody has this same challenge.

@Ijaay83,

I had same experience. I dont know whether things have changed as i tried to renew during Trump's era. I do not want to get another rejection on my passport.
I even showed my itemized bill from Henrico Doctors and explained it was for selfpay, but still.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by simeonic1: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2023
Hello everyone.
Please can anyone help me with a doctor in Arlington Memorial Hospital, Texas.

Their email and phone will be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 11:26am On Jun 17, 2023
sheilchi:

@Ijaay83,

I had same experience. I dont know whether things have changed as i tried to renew during Trump's era. I do not want to get another rejection on my passport.
I even showed my itemized bill from Henrico Doctors and explained it was for selfpay, but still.

I know that was Trump’s strategy to deny people visas. I was so careful, paid ALL my bills, got my zero balances. I haven’t been to the embassy since then too. Please anyone in this same situation who has renewed?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sonia77B: 2:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:
Got into the US via delta airlines Atlanta and it was pretty seamless.
Why are you in the USA, I went straight to the point and told him to have my baby.
How long will you be staying?
How much do you have?
Dr’s correspondence?
the conversation lasted less than a minute.

My visa expires in this month of April but I was allowed in for 6 months as no more physical stamps, check I-94 website.
My passport will be left with less than 6 months of validity by this April too.

I got this visa for holidays in May 2021 via interview renewal (dropbox was suspended then) and I used it thrice for its purpose prior to this trip, so plus this trip made it 4 times. This is my 10th trip in total to the USA also.
I hope this helps someone.

Your doctor's correspondences. What's it like an email conversation or what? Or doctor appointment and price list. Abeg shade more light. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2023
Sonia77B:

Your doctor's correspondences. What's it like an email conversation or what? Or doctor appointment and price list. Abeg shade more light. Thanks
Prior to then I had been to the office for check ups(tests & consultation) and registration. Beginning of my pregnancy I was also there for confirmation u/s , all these docs put together are correspondences. Cbp officer didn’t check these docs although I had them ready but he asked and I answered in the affirmative.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Sonia77B: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Prior to then I had been to the office for check ups(tests & consultation) and registration. Beginning of my pregnancy I was also there for confirmation u/s , all these docs put together are correspondences. Cbp officer didn’t check these docs although I had them ready but he asked and I answered in the affirmative.

I didn't get it please @Debbieeeeee. Do you mean that your we're traveling to US up and down for your antenatal. And you now have the correspondences to travel from Nigeria again for delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:25pm On Jun 20, 2023
Sonia77B:

I didn't get it please @Debbieeeeee. Do you mean that your we're traveling to US up and down for your antenatal. And you now have the correspondences to travel from Nigeria again for delivery.

It happened I had to be in the US a couple of times during and prior the pregnancy and of course before the pregnancy I took the opportunity to find a doctor who planned the pregnancy, see my doctor those times, consult via telemedicine when I was in nigeria and establish a doctor-patient relationship.
My experience is not the typical leave at 34 weeks or sometime later and meet the doctor then for the first time which is the most common experience on here because of a few things here and there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
@Sonia77B, search for a doctor in the city of your preferred place of birth who will send you an acceptance letter that he's willing to take you on upon arrival(this usually happens after inquiries and answering a few questions) I know Dr Z in Houston charges $300 for that letter but the one you'll contact may take nothing, may charge less or even higher. It makes you look prepared if requested at POE and it also may not be requested. We can't predict these things.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:14am On Jun 21, 2023
Domarion25:

If you still need this, you can check Mercy Medical Center Baltimore, St Agnes, Northwest but MD is not cheap if MD is on your list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.