Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164427 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:17am On Jun 21, 2023
Domarion25:

Wow , thank you what about Pennyslyvia, Because I’ve got my families in Maryland that I can stay with and take care of me before and after child birth as I am a first time mum with no experience 😪. What do I do now ? Any suggestions for Pennyslyvia?

Check for hospitals around your family in both States and compare with your budget. You can get an estimate from the hospital website
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by UmmZayd: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2023
MsAnonymous:
Hello mamas

Pls is it advisable to buy baby things from Nigeria and take to US . Things baby and I will need for about a month before coming back home. Or do I buy them in USA. Which is cheaper pls

One thing is sure, the hospital will give you some diapers and few clothes. Since you're not planning to stay forever, just travel light.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2023
Please I did not declare my pregnancy when I was getting the visa. I was already 3 months gone. How do I navigate going POE? What can I do? Planning on leaving in a month's time.
Is there any hope for entry?
POE should be ATL then take a flight to Houston

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
If I may ask, any particular reason why you choose your POE to be ATL instead of Houston?

If you are not showing too much, you can wing it. However, If you are, you might want to declare and they will decide if they want to let you in or not.

I am going to Houston at 28 weeks and not showing plus I intend to wear an outfit that will also conceal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Yetyb: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
MsAnonymous:
Please I did not declare my pregnancy when I was getting the visa. I was already 3 months gone. How do I navigate going POE? What can I do? Planning on leaving in a month's time.

If I may ask, any particular reason why you choose your POE to be ATL instead of Houston?

If you are not showing too much, you can wing it. However, If you are, you might want to declare and they will decide if they want to let you in or not.

I am going to Houston at 28 weeks and not showing plus I intend to wear an outfit that will also conceal.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by MsAnonymous: 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2023
Yetyb:

The flight I’m taking will stop at atl first, then proceed to Houston.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by taioluv: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2023
I want to tell you my experience yesterday at the us embassy...My appointment was 8am, Before I enter the screening hall, I engage one of the halogen security officer working there, I asked him that we were not much on the que, he said they started since 6:30 am, he said that theses VO don't have joy, they don't want us to come to their country and that they have been issuing out blue copy since that 6:30am. The guy was not discouraging me by this statement, he was being factual

I saw a couple wearing Lord's Chosen vest, I saw students F1 visas, people spending less than 2 minutes and collecting blue paper from VO
one man that told VO that his salary was 800k monthly and was for tourism visa got blue paper denied

one black American woman VO was so wicked she was issuing blue paper out till I left the hall

I spoke clearly, I answered their questions and no extra explanation, I looked at their face boldly and the VO was not looking at our faces while we were speaking, all their attention were on the computer system and typing al the way, I have traveled to Dubai before, I was for tourism visa I I was rejected and my salary was 400k monthly, I was optimistic but at the same I didn't put all my life and hope

I only saw two people who got white paper because they were widely travelled

This is not to discourage anyone from this US Visa approval.
I wished everyone all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ubfacility: 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2023
Was your interview in lagos or abuja?

taioluv:
I want to tell you my experience yesterday at the us embassy...My appointment was 8am, Before I enter the screening hall, I engage one of the halogen security officer working there, I asked him that we were not much on the que, he said they started since 6:30 am, he said that theses VO don't have joy, they don't want us to come to their country and that they have been issuing out blue copy since that 6:30am. The guy was not discouraging me by this statement, he was being factual

I saw a couple wearing Lord's Chosen vest, I saw students F1 visas, people spending less than 2 minutes and collecting blue paper from VO
one man that told VO that his salary was 800k monthly and was for tourism visa got blue paper denied

one black American woman VO was so wicked she was issuing blue paper out till I left the hall

I spoke clearly, I answered their questions and no extra explanation, I looked at their face boldly and the VO was not looking at our faces while we were speaking, all their attention were on the computer system and typing al the way, I have traveled to Dubai before, I was for tourism visa I I was rejected and my salary was 400k monthly, I was optimistic but at the same I didn't put all my life and hope

I only saw two people who got white paper because they were widely travelled

This is not to discourage anyone from this US Visa approval.
I wished everyone all the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by taioluv: 6:30am On Jun 28, 2023
ubfacility:
Was your interview in lagos or abuja?

Lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 11:35am On Jul 01, 2023
Hi, I just had a conversation with one of my manager who was denied her visa a second time two weeks ago. I told her something is definitely wrong somewhere. After I cross examined her I knew definitely why she was denied A SECOND time. A case similar to yours so let me help break this down so you don't have to go through what she is going through. for the records she has visited the USA more than 8 times before she had a child in the USA and after that she has been unable to renew her visa.

Now this thread was a life saver to me, my sisters and friends that had our baby in the USA. This was our text book. Just incase this things are lost in the pages let me help remind you.

1. If you got your visa while pregnant and didn't state it, Please do yourself a favor and write them a letter of change of intent. (Old member of this thread knows this.) My manager didn't do this.

2. On your arrival PLEASE state you are here to birth your child.( Justwise use to hit this into our brain. Be truthful) Tell them how much you have. Let your fate be decided before you enter. Again My manager didn't do this.

3. State the amount you have for the process. Declare cash above 10k on you. Money laundering policy. My madam had 10k and didn't declare it which got the POE visibly angry(according to her) but they still let her in. Then the last nail on her visa coffin was......... having medical aid to pay baby bill while she took care of her bill. When you are not a tax paying citizen. ODIEGWU

4. DO NOT USE ANY SERVICE FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Yes your child is a citizen please just go to hospital you can afford as a cash paying patient you will enjoy discount easily. This is why a lot of us used Hospital in Houston and got bills we could afford fully. HNWMC mama in the house understand this part.

Most of us back in the day knew all this thanks to this thread and we all have been able to renew our visa.( My sister and friends. one of my friend renewed in Canada)

After using agent to get date and flying from Ph to Lagos Madam spent more than 800k and was still denied the visa. This hurts to the marrow in present day economy. Please if you are planning Child birth in the USA read this thread well. Don't make the mistake that could be easily averted.

I wish you the best in this beautiful journey.

MsAnonymous:

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 11:38am On Jul 01, 2023
I dont know how POE is now but I will advice not to conceal. Maybe things have change this days

Yetyb:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 5:06pm On Jul 04, 2023
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ladeonas: 5:07pm On Jul 04, 2023
beautyuche:
Hi, I just had a conversation with one of my manager who was denied her visa a second time two weeks ago. I told her something is definitely wrong somewhere. After I cross examined her I knew definitely why she was denied A SECOND time. A case similar to yours so let me help break this down so you don't have to go through what she is going through. for the records she has visited the USA more than 8 times before she had a child in the USA and after that she has been unable to renew her visa.

please Ma, can your help me review my case.

All my pregnancies(resulting to 4 children) were declared at VISA Pt and POE. i have been denied twice now

i need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 7:17pm On Jul 04, 2023
beautyuche:
Hi, I just had a conversation with one of my manager who was denied her visa a second time two weeks ago. I told her something is definitely wrong somewhere. After I cross examined her I knew definitely why she was denied A SECOND time. A case similar to yours so let me help break this down so you don't have to go through what she is going through. for the records she has visited the USA more than 8 times before she had a child in the USA and after that she has been unable to renew her visa

Now this thread was a life saver to me, my sisters and friends that had our baby in the USA. This was our text book. Just incase this things are lost in the pages let me help remind you.

1. If you got your visa while pregnant and didn't state it, Please do yourself a favor and write them a letter of change of intent. (Old member of this thread knows this.) My manager didn't do this.

2. On your arrival PLEASE state you are here to birth your child.( Justwise use to hit this into our brain. Be truthful) Tell them how much you have. Let your fate be decided before you enter. Again My manager didn't do this.

3. State the amount you have for the process. Declare cash above 10k on you. Money laundering policy. My madam had 10k and didn't declare it which got the POE visibly angry(according to her) but they still let her in. Then the last nail on her visa coffin was......... having medical aid to pay baby bill while she took care of her bill. When you are not a tax paying citizen. ODIEGWU

4. DO NOT USE ANY SERVICE FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Yes your child is a citizen please just go to hospital you can afford as a cash paying patient you will enjoy discount easily. This is why a lot of us used Hospital in Houston and got bills we could afford fully. HNWMC mama in the house understand this part.

Most of us back in the day knew all this thanks to this thread and we all have been able to renew our visa.( My sister and friends. one of my friend renewed in Canada)

After using agent to get date and flying from Ph to Lagos Madam spent more than 800k and was still denied the visa. This hurts to the marrow in present day economy. Please if you are planning Child birth in the USA read this thread well. Don't make the mistake that could be easily averted.

I wish you the best in this beautiful journey.

I had my baby in Dallas 2017and I paid out of pocket. The hospital charged 3k dollars which I paid in full. I was given my zero balance. I did drop box and was asked to come for interview. The consular officer asked for my zero balance and I gave it to him . He looked @ it and then said the hospital gave me discount and handed the blue paper to me. I told him I didn’t ask for one,that the hospital charged me 3k and that was exactly how much I paid. Since then I haven’t been able to renew my visa. I need help please . Anyone in the same situation?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Hwaji: 12:38pm On Jul 05, 2023
MsAnonymous:

Please get Doctors correspondence - have the doctor you intend using send you estimated bill and if possible pay some amount of money (ask the doctor if there's any chance of re-fundable fee in case you don't show). Print out the emails and hold it with you. At the POE tell the officer u are going to give birth and show him the email print out.
Please ensure you collect zero balance when discharged from the hospital. And please dont cut corners, don't benefit from what's meant for US citizens.
Wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 10:59pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ijaay83:

I had my baby in Dallas 2017and I paid out of pocket. The hospital charged 3k dollars which I paid in full. I was given my zero balance. I did drop box and was asked to come for interview. The consular officer asked for my zero balance and I gave it to him . He looked @ it and then said the hospital gave me discount and handed the blue paper to me. I told him I didn’t ask for one,that the hospital charged me 3k and that was exactly how much I paid. Since then I haven’t been able to renew my visa. I need help please . Anyone in the same situation?

Find a way to pay the balance if you want to still visit the US. What you paid is not the right bill.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 10:22am On Jul 06, 2023
Hi mama, Did you use same hospital for all the births?

ladeonas:

please Ma, can your help me review my case.

All my pregnancies(resulting to 4 children) were declared at VISA Pt and POE. i have been denied twice now

i need help
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by beautyuche: 10:26am On Jul 06, 2023
Hi sis, Find out from the hospital what your total bill was suppose to be as cash paying patient. Where possible pay the balance. The thing is now you can also negotiate a further discount on this balance pay to get a zero bill.
I pray this sort it out.

Ijaay83:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 6:18pm On Jul 06, 2023
flourishing247:

Find a way to pay the balance if you want to still visit the US. What you paid is not the right bill.

3k dollars was exactly how much the hospital charged. I got a zero balance. I know people that paid less than 3k and didn’t have this issues at the point of renewal.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 7:04pm On Jul 06, 2023
beautyuche:
Hi sis, Find out from the hospital what your total bill was suppose to be as cash paying patient. Where possible pay the balance. The thing is now you can also negotiate a further discount on this balance pay to get a zero bill.
I pray this sort it out.

The hospital charged 3k because I was paying cash and out of pocket. And that was why I was given zero balance . My dear sister,this matter tire me 😭😭😭. When I was scouting for hospitals from Nigeria. I called this hospital and they told me if I was paying cash for a vaginal delivery that my bill is 3k. For CS without complications 4,500. I paid cash before I had my baby. After I was discharged I got zero balance . Would the hospital make a mistake to undercharge me and still give me zero balance. I know people in Houston that paid less than 3k and they have renewed their visas.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 10:14pm On Jul 06, 2023
Ijaay83:

3k dollars was exactly how much the hospital charged. I got a zero balance. I know people that paid less than 3k and didn’t have this issues at the point of renewal.
Hmmmmmm. Ask those people if they later paid extra. I know for a fact that 3k is too small for someone that is not resident in the US. So ask your friends very well. Also reach out to the hospital and tell them your challenge. Your bill shouldn't be less than 5k.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ijaay83: 9:47am On Jul 07, 2023
flourishing247:

Hmmmmmm. Ask those people if they later paid extra. I know for a fact that 3k is too small for someone that is not resident in the US. So ask your friends very well. Also reach out to the hospital and tell them your challenge. Your bill shouldn't be less than 5k.

I reached out to the hospital again yesterday. They faxed my itemized bill to me again and said because I was paying cash.3k was just for the hospital. I paid 1.200 dollars to the doctor. I had a vaginal natural delivery. I didn’t use epidural. And when I told them I want to pay the adjustment on my bill,they said I do not owe . The lady I spoke to told me to call back today to see if I can get a letter stating that I am not owing. My cousin had her 3 children in the same hospital as me and she renewed her visa. At the time I had this issue was durning Trump’s time ,when they placed a ban on Nigerians .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by millyscent: 3:42pm On Jul 07, 2023
Mandydaisy:

Thank you.
A 221g interview is a follow-up interview for applicants who qualify for interview waiver (drop box) but are required to provide additional information to complete the visa process.
So, the visa application is temporarily put on hold and the applicant is asked to schedule a follow-up interview which is called a 221g interview.

Im not sure why I was asked to come for interview

but I suspect period of stay due to child birth.

When one gets a 221g form..is there follow up interview written on it or normal interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Queenlala: 4:19pm On Jul 07, 2023
Good afternoon .

I am a first time mum.
Please does anyone have information about hospitals + doctors near Baltimore, maryland?

I am looking for affordable ones..all I have been seeing is between 15k-20k dollars. Is it possible to get some good ones at a lesser rate.

Kindly assist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Debbieeeeeee: 6:01pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ijaay83:

I reached out to the hospital again yesterday. They faxed my itemized bill to me again and said because I was paying cash.3k was just for the hospital. I paid 1.200 dollars to the doctor. I had a vaginal natural delivery. I didn’t use epidural. And when I told them I want to pay the adjustment on my bill,they said I do not owe . The lady I spoke to told me to call back today to see if I can get a letter stating that I am not owing. My cousin had her 3 children in the same hospital as me and she renewed her visa. At the time I had this issue was durning Trump’s time ,when they placed a ban on Nigerians .
I agree with you, I know someone who got her visa renewed during the thick of that whole trump thing and she also had her baby in one of the those hospitals they were denying others for using. I feel your pain, just take your time to get that letter to state you’re not owing, I hope you can find favour during your next application.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by flourishing247: 10:36pm On Jul 07, 2023
Ijaay83:

Then get them to write a letter stating that you are not owing. Also that they did not collect any funds fir bills from the government on your behalf. I pray you find favour in your next application.

Did your cousin also pay 3k?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 4:54pm On Jul 09, 2023
Just to give back
2015 baby 1
2017 baby2
Declared intent , did drop box for baby 3 and was told to come for interview (trump era), scaled the interview and had baby 3.
What helped
Payed a reasonable amount for all 3 kids, while I can’t criticize anyone for paying 3k, know that during trump it was easier to renew if
-you declared your intent to have a baby
-you paid between 8-15k
-you kept to the travel time frame declared
- you had each baby with a different visa or informed them of using same visa for current pregnancy
Covid happened and I could not renew until this year
Did a drop box and got 5yrs.
My advise
Avoid freebeez
Be honest
Let your financial records be in sync
Pay all your billz
Avoid crime like a parking ticket, not declaring above $10,000
Don’t lie about anything
Be sure ur host really wants you there, sometimes they will call the person before your interview
Avoid red flags like a mother of 4 travelling with hubby and leaving all kids behind.
Don’t give ur child social security to anyone they can use it to claim benefits and it will affect you.
Good luck

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2023
drafrican:
Just to give back
2015 baby 1
2017 baby2
Declared intent , did drop box for baby 3 and was told to come for interview (trump era), scaled the interview and had baby 3.
What helped
Payed a reasonable amount for all 3 kids, while I can’t criticize anyone for paying 3k, know that during trump it was easier to renew if
-you declared your intent to have a baby
-you paid between 8-15k
-you kept to the travel time frame declared
- you had each baby with a different visa or informed them of using same visa for current pregnancy
Covid happened and I could not renew until this year
Did a drop box and got 5yrs.
My advise
Avoid freebeez
Be honest
Let your financial records be in sync
Pay all your billz
Avoid crime like a parking ticket, not declaring above $10,000
Don’t lie about anything
Be sure ur host really wants you there, sometimes they will call the person before your interview
Avoid red flags like a mother of 4 travelling with hubby and leaving all kids behind.
Don’t give ur child social security to anyone they can use it to claim benefits and it will affect you.
Good luck

Hello ma,
Thanks for giving back, I noticed that you used Henricho doctor’s hospital.
Please how did you resolved the issue at the embassy.
I used it in 2018, wasn’t given an itemized bill which I insisted on getting but the financial record lady said they don’t give.
I have a follow up appointment next month.

Also, will be glad if I can get reviews from mamas that used same hospital and have successfully renewed their visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by drafrican: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
Good afternoon
My bill was a bit higher cos it was an emmergency c/s also after pestering they sent some documents to me.

I also had papers from the obgyn and my bills from the peadiatrician ( in maryland ) for immunization and well baby clinic

I also printed my correspondence with henricos about the zero balance

Medical records sent a proof of medical care or something back then.

My first baby bill was also a bit high.
The document they sent me had this image on it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Akinrayo: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
drafrican:
Good afternoon
My bill was a bit higher cos it was an emmergency c/s also after pestering they sent some documents to me.

I also had papers from the obgyn and my bills from the peadiatrician ( in maryland ) for immunization and well baby clinic

For people that have gone ahead to use Henrico recently because I’m just discovering all this, Please what’s the solution, Will the itemized bill and Zero balance letter suffice for Visa renewal?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Footballer754: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ijaay83:

Hello
Pls what’s the name of the hospital. Someone needs a hospital in Texas.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Tripletmom: 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
drafrican:
Good afternoon

Thanks ma

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.