Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,850 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1169665 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ahmadrc: 5:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
Need help please
We are for discharge now from HNWMC , I talked to Shelly and she said we are not giving itemized bills so I asked for zero balance statement she said after at least 3 weeks , I don’t have that 3 weeks!!!!!
For the rest of payment I am still struggling to pay , for Peditric they said call after 5 days , pathology said after 1-2 weeks , anathesia said the same , till they receive services from hospital,
Birth certificate is othe issue
Please advise me
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Waarreng: 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2018
Abiodunnn:
Good day all,
It may sound cliche that this thread is a lifesaver....i was introduced here on NL by a friend some months ago and its been bliss. I did a lot of reading here.

I went for my first interview ever on Thursday, 8th of this month (yesterday) at 7:45am in Lagos.
After many many, i was brought forward by the woman organising the queues because of my belly.

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning with a smile

VO: where are you going to in the us?
Me: houston, Texas

VO: why are you going there?
Me: to have our first child

VO: do you have a doctor
Me: yes. I have contacted dr N, would you like to see the correspondence?
VO: yes please. I gave it to her

VO: what do you do?
Me: i own ....... an interior design and gift packaging company

VO: do you have any staff and how many?
Me: yes. 3 (i quickly included that my DH is sponsoring me as the income that i filled in the form is very low)

VO: what does your DH do?
Me: hes a registered arc and he co-owns a blah blah company. He gave me an introduction letter, would you like to see it?
VO: yes please ( i gave it to her and she read it)

VO: whats the name of your DH company?
Me: told her. I have his company docs here, would you like to see them, she said no

VO: how many years has he been working?
Me: 5

VO: have you ever travelled out of the country before?
Me: No ma'am

VO: why the US?
Me: US offers my child the bonus of dual citizenship with a better medical care

VO: where will you be staying?
Me: intown suites. I have made a booking, would you like to see it? (She said no)

VO: whats this trip going to cost you?
Me: 14k, i have my budget sheet here, would you like to see it? Hands it over to her

VO: lets see if you can afford this?
Me: i passed my DH statement of account to her. (She flipped through like 4 pages)
VO: is this your DH only account?
Me: no ma'am but this is for his savings and he has more than enough to cover for the trip. She then said ok

VO: how many weeks do you intend to spend there?
Me: 8 weeks

VO: do you have friends and family there?
Me: no. I dont

VO: is your DH going with you?
Me: no because of work. However, if his workload reduces, he will come and witness the birth of our first child and assist me bring the child home

VO: tell me about your DH current project
Me: i told her until she nodded and said thats ok

She started to gather all my docs together and i knew it was the moment of truth

VO: since you are going for childbirth, i would advise you to keep these docs cos you will need them at POE
Me: i knew it was a done deal and told her yes ma'am

She then brought out the white paper and circled the address and was trying to explain some things i didnt hear
She smiled for the first time and said 'Goodluck on your childbirth and have a nice day'
I smiled back and said thank you ma

As i said earlier, i had read almost all the visa interviews on these threads that i knew all the likely questions and had rehearsed my answers (which were through anyway). So, i was not tensed, i was unsually composed. Though before i was brought forward, i saw one elderly VO smiling a lot but when i got closer i saw she denied a lot of people. My VO was in Window 6 and she had this straight emotionless face. There was this other male VO rejecting everyone and sipping his cup of coffee as blue papers were flying right, left and center from him.
I just prayed for favour, i had all my documents and i knew i wasnt committing any offence. Though i was just sceptical being a first timer.
You guys should also notice how i was literally forcing all my docs down her throat. I spent between 10-15mins with her as she went through all my docs one after the other twice.

Thank you NL.

In this light, please who knows about any cheap TICKET to Houston first week in March, abeg help a sister.

Please did you pay the doctor before applying for the visa? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 7:02pm On Feb 26, 2018
Waarreng:
Please did you pay the Doctors and hospital fee before applying for visa and what do u mean by budget sheet. Thanks.

No sir/ma u do not have to pay the Dr or hospital before you apply... Sometimes the VOs see it as a sign of desperation and payment does not guarantee visa . Go to the search bar for budget sheet.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 7:06pm On Feb 26, 2018
cindermum:

No sir/ma u do not have to pay the Dr or hospital before you apply... Sometimes the VOs see it as a sign of desperation and payment does not guarantee visa . Go to the search for budget sheet.

But isn't that even supposed to be POSITIVE desperation sef?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Lol abi o, they are just too unpredictable.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Vlesparza: 8:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Pre-paying will only help if you are asked to provide proof that you are able to pay your medical services (hence they are already paid), but you may or may not be asked to for proof or any additional documentation other than the info you provided on the application. It all depends on the VO that you get the day of your interview.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 9:07pm On Feb 26, 2018
Viola2017:

Thanks for your response dear. Dr M is also far from where I will be staying(Northridge) that is about 40mins drive.how is Dr JKI's Bill(pls state his charge, the area he stays,the hospital you used and there own charge. Any other info will be appreciated.

Hope you saw my response before it was taken off?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AYABAG: 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
good evening house please i need a clarification,packing for my missionary journey i already have four bags for me and my three years old daughter what i have mostly is her food likes of golden mourn milk etc and a friend told me the first and only question that was asked was how many bags do you have ?my question now is, is there any laws on how many bags one must travel with? Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 9:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
Yes but you'd have to get a visa for $40 (card payment) to get access to the free hotel accomodation
dere5:
Pls does Turkey Airlines provide accommodation for a 27hrs layover in Istanbul on a promo ticket?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by freshdad: 10:03pm On Feb 26, 2018
except there has been a recent price review, I paid $40 last may and $30 for my daughter who has the blue P at POE istanbul
cindermum:

$20 online or $30 at the port of entry....
Google evisa.gov.tr

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ewa2014: 10:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
Update:

Hello House, I picked up my passport from DHL today and it was stamped B1/B2. To God be the glory.

I did drop box in January but was called in for interview. At the interview was asked to procure letter from hospital and send via DHL which I did.

Thereafter my application was placed under Administrative Processing and I learnt it could take up to 60days... I almost lost hope and decided to request my passport back...

To the glory of God, it came back with Visa stamped...

Praise the Lord

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by oyibo4real: 11:57pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hi Arookigbo,
I've been sending you PM but you don't reply. Pls I really need some info from u concerning baby's documentation as I'm in LA already will be due any time soon.
Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 1:09am On Feb 27, 2018
oyibo4real:

Hi Arookigbo,
I've been sending you PM but you don't reply. Pls I really need some info from u concerning baby's documentation as I'm in LA already will be due any time soon.
Thanks.
just saw it now, and have responded
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 1:12am On Feb 27, 2018
AYABAG:
good evening house please i need a clarification,packing for my missionary journey i already have four bags for me and my three years old daughter what i have mostly is her food likes of golden mourn milk etc and a friend told me the first and only question that was asked was how many bags do you have ?my question now is, is there any laws on how many bags one must travel with? Thank you
For one paying passenger, it's usually 2 check-in baggage not exceeding 23kg each (Delta and KLM). ..varies with airlines though.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ffvsquared: 2:00am On Feb 27, 2018
gretop:

@iwuoahsamuels My wife will be using Oakbend May/June and we need accommodation for her. Pls send me your contact for us to discuss. Would have sent mine but I am yet to figure out how to send messages on Nairaland. Thanks

Pls I'm also interested in the accommodation as I'll be using Oakbend June/July. Email is wellwomancold@yahoo.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 4:12am On Feb 27, 2018
Pls does anyone have a number I can reach Qatar Airways on. I need to reach them urgently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dechica: 5:50am On Feb 27, 2018
Came in via dulles on 31st Jan, was a breeze. Less than 5mins. Was not asked for any doc. Only question was why i chose to birth in the US. I told the guy better healthcare and he frowned, i then said i had my 1st in the US and she enjoys dual citizenship then the guy nodded and wished us a nice stay. Did not even check food. The guy was really nice. quote author=semilore12 post=65198043]Thanks to everyone that has answered my questions. God bless you all.
Please any fresh POExperience at Washington dulles airport. Biko help oh[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 6:57am On Feb 27, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Hope you saw my response before it was taken off?
Yes my Hubby did, thanks plenty and congrats
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2018
AroOkigbo:

just saw it now, and have responded
Pls I will be needing that same information as well. Kindly forward the procedure to my mail. Don't really knw how to send pm. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 7:03am On Feb 27, 2018
freshdad:
except there has been a recent price review, I paid $40 last may and $30 for my daughter who has the blue P at POE istanbul

I guess, I was there last month ...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by overlord77: 9:40am On Feb 27, 2018
AroOkigbo:

For one paying passenger, it's usually 2 check-in baggage not exceeding 23kg each (Delta and KLM). ..varies with airlines though.

United, Lufthansa and BA also take 2 bags each of 23kg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by decimator: 10:39am On Feb 27, 2018
How will DW performance at POE affect my future travelling?

NB: This experience happened many months before i stumbled on this thread.

Hello House,
I and DW got our Visas in early 2017 ( B1/B2) with just intention of vacation ( no birthing envisaged). However, due to work and ticket fare, we couldn't make the trip as earlier scheduled.
A few months later, DW took in. With a visa at her disposal, she suggested that she travel alone for Child birth. i contacted a friend who knows more about US trip and birthing. he affirmed that it was the best decision and that she should go for it.

At this point, let me state that we were ignorant of all child birthing rules and procedures as i later learnt on this thread. unfortunately, my friend didn't know all these. All we know is that DW is going for birthing as she was already 6 months into the pregnancy ( tummy already showing)

We quickly made plans for the trip. Booked her flight and accommodation. Went to our local hospital to get Doctors recommendation for flying. No Doctors correspondence, no birthing intention made known. she was just told by my friend to say at the POE that she came for vacation and medical check up. And that she will go back home to have her baby.
Having made the trip to the POE. she was detained and questioned extensively. ( sorry, i don't have the full transcript). they asked her to truthfully state her mission. She repeated same. To cut the story, She was stamped in 3 months. the objective defeated with that.

however, the "Extension of stay" option was used. This enabled her to complete the birthing process.

To the main question, how will her performance at he POE affect me since both visas are linked. Because i intend to go on vacation alone. This is to avoid my visa expiring without any travel.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Awesome777: 10:53am On Feb 27, 2018
Please i will also like to have a sample of the consent letter. Here is my email addy.
slimdamsel7@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

ibukunpops:
Send me a mail or send your email here, I will forward the form to you.

Remember to book the appointment now.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brownshoogah(f): 11:07am On Feb 27, 2018
So thanks to everyone... I got to LA about 12days ago.

I got my tourist visa last year February in Lagos( I just returned from a trip to LA a month b4 I applied), only question I was asked at that interview was if I was going back to LA and I said yes. I was suppose to go for the summer break but then I found out I was pregnant in July... too sick to function so canceled the trip. I stay in Port harcourt and didn't have energy to travel just to reapply for medical visa, so I decided to arm myself with money, paperwork and the truth.

Booked my ticket with virgin altantic, got doctors correspondence, booked accommodation with airbnb, bank statement and all. Travel day came and I didn't know Lagosians like Love.... I was stuck in this miserable traffic on Valentine's day, 20mins journey turned 2hrs and I missed my flight...( if u intend using virgin better go early those guys do not joke with time as well). I just jejely went to their office and paid 300dollars to reschedule I and my toddler for the next day... BTW how come nobody mentioned that no more customs searching bags anymore, no more palm oil cannot go...anything for us custom guys.. Thank God.

Onboard Lagos leg, food was great..made for Nigerians.
Got to London, went to immigration.... showed them my belly nd I entered fast track line, the guy asked for visa.. told him I didn't have but I understand it is at his discretion to let me in... He flips through looks and shows his supervisor, asked me what i was going to do in America, I said childbirth... asked if i informed the US embassy and i said yes. He stamps me in for a day.. I took a cab to the hotel and rested well, there are buses going there though but I didn't have energy to wait because of my toddler.
2nd leg of the trip... as i boarded, i entered the toiler and changed to my Pyjamas trousers and compressio
socks , I was super comfortable... food was not nice at all... my toddler child meal was not available because I changed our date I guess.... my boy and I starved quietly (my advice.. buy snacks at the airport b4 u board) BTW I am not a picky eater..
We got to LA... I was the last to leave the aircraft... last on the line as well... line moved fast and I used the machine... declared food as well and i was sent to the CBP..
CBP... Passport please
I passed it to him
CBP: How long are you here for?
56days
CBP... Why are you here?
Visit family and have my baby
CBP: why America?
my brain froze and I asked him to repeat himself... He did and I said healthcare and Dual citizenship. (already saw him rolling his eyes at healthcare but when I add citizenship.. He nodded and relaxed)
Then a younger black American officer walks towards me and says have u made all ur arrangements.... I said Yes and brought out my envelope... asked her if she will like to see and she said yes and takes the envelope...
2nd officer: how much do u have?
i said 9740 dollars... didn't carry 10k to avoid filling any form... (I know it is not a crime but I didn't want to waste a second because of 10k.)
CBP lady asked for my husband said he will come later.. asked about my sister in law in LA... told her she is a citizen.
She opens my envelope and I tell her the money is inside as well... looks at the money but doesnt count it...she looks through my document and then sees my change of intent...she tells the First officer to look and he pushes it aside without looking and then she says u have to see this and he looks at it.. says ok and checks the US stamp at the end of the letter, types and says congrats on ur baby and have a good stay.
Said thanks and left.

Went to scan my bag because I declared food... agric guy was friendly, asked what I add...just said edible seeds but already ground( no energy to start listing), noodles and baby food... Passed my bag through the machine and was told to go...they didn't open it.

Got to my accommodation in one piece. Went for my appointment some days after....DR M does not accept test from nigeria so don't bother wasting your time... did fresh test... paid my bills...went to the hospital and did same as well.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 27, 2018
decimator:

NB: This experience happened many months before i stumbled on this thread.

Hello House,
I and DW got our Visas in early 2017 ( B1/B2) with just intention of vacation ( no birthing envisaged). However, due to work and ticket fare, we couldn't make the trip as earlier scheduled.
A few months later, DW took in. With a visa at her disposal, she suggested that she travel alone for Child birth. i contacted a friend who knows more about US trip and birthing. he affirmed that it was the best decision and that she should go for it.

At this point, let me state that we were ignorant of all child birthing rules and procedures as i later learnt on this thread. unfortunately, my friend didn't know all these. All we know is that DW is going for birthing as she was already 6 months into the pregnancy ( tummy already showing)

We quickly made plans for the trip. Booked her flight and accommodation. Went to our local hospital to get Doctors recommendation for flying. No Doctors correspondence, no birthing intention made known. she was just told by my friend to say at the POE that she came for vacation and medical check up. And that she will go back home to have her baby.
Having made the trip to the POE. she was detained and questioned extensively. ( sorry, i don't have the full transcript). they asked her to truthfully state her mission. She repeated same. To cut the story, She was stamped in 3 months. the objective defeated with that.

however, the "Extension of stay" option was used. This enabled her to complete the birthing process.

To the main question, how will her performance at he POE affect me since both visas are linked. Because i intend to go on vacation alone. This is to avoid my visa expiring without any travel.

Thanks

It may or may not affect you. That's the risk you take.

For her however. Her next trip/renewal is where the problem will be. They stamped her in for 3months after drilling? That was deliberate on CBP part. Then you extended... Sigh

To your main question it may or may not. From experiences shared here husband's visas have been affected by wife's actions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 12:47pm On Feb 27, 2018
decimator:

Thanks

I doubt it will affect your chances. There are cases here on the thread that they renewed the husband's visa and didn't renew the wife's and they got the previous visas together... No one will ever really know unless you try but Just make sure you go with hospital receipts... My brother's friend was returned to Nigeria cos he couldn't provide receipts (although I think there was more to the story) and some ppl would have scaled through.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Weperwema: 7:54pm On Feb 27, 2018
@ Everyone...pls I need guidance urgently..I intend to make appointment for notary service at US embassy for consent letter to send to DW in Chicago do I click on 1)Report of the birth abroad of a child of a U.S citizen and/or apply for the child's first passport,Report of Birth and Social Security Number or 2) Request notarial and other services not listed above
What is the name of the specific form am to download/fill for notarization is it right to print Ds 3053? ...as I can see many forms online
Pls anyone help!!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by decimator: 7:59pm On Feb 27, 2018
Ds 3053 is correct. Check the expiry date on the top right hand corner. Print and fill with black ink. Read the instructions before filling.Choose number 2. Request for notarial and other services.
Weperwema:
@ Everyone...pls I need guidance urgently..I intend to make appointment for notary service at US embassy for consent letter to send to DW in Chicago do I click on 1)Report of the birth abroad of a child of a U.S citizen and/or apply for the child's first passport,Report of Birth and Social Security Number or 2) Request notarial and other services not listed above
What is the name of the specific form am to download/fill for notarization is it right to print Ds 3053? ...as I can see many forms online
Pls anyone help!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 8:38pm On Feb 27, 2018
Hi dear, congrats on your safe arrival.
Please what stamp on the letter of intent are you talking about?

[quote author=Brownshoogah post=65410136]So thanks to everyone... I got to LA about 12days ago.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Brownshoogah(f): 8:46pm On Feb 27, 2018
Christine77:

Hi dear, congrats on your safe arrival.
Please what stamp on the letter of intent are you talking about?

Not a stamp per say... at the end of the email, there is an official logo... i printed a coloured copy...he paid more attention to that than the email itself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.