Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1164531 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ramj: 3:29am On Feb 25, 2018
dere5:
Pls does Turkey Airlines provide accommodation for a 27hrs layover in Istanbul on a promo ticket?

Yes they do and they recently started a program in which they take you round Istanbul.

You pay the Transit visa fee yourself though.

Last time out I was in a Hilton hotel.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by dere5: 3:40am On Feb 25, 2018
Ramj:

Yes they do and they recently started a program in which they take you round Istanbul.

You pay the Transit visa fee yourself though.

Last time out I was in a Hilton hotel.

Thanks Ramj for your response.pls how much for the Turkish transit visa?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 8:11am On Feb 25, 2018
AroOkigbo:

California

Hi dear, pls was it Dr M that you used for your child birth?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:43pm On Feb 25, 2018
dere5:

Thanks Ramj for your response.pls how much for the Turkish transit visa?

$20 online or $30 at the port of entry....
Google evisa.gov.tr

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 1:59pm On Feb 25, 2018
viara:

Oh! Okay....so wat do u suggest I do this time? Have my husband as d sponsor?

I suggest you go with your husband for the interview and let him state that he's the sponsor. Make it known to them that he will only be with you for a few weeks cos of work that your mum will be there to take care of u. Cos I think the reason for denial in this case is strong ties back home....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ijeomaobi1: 3:04pm On Feb 25, 2018
Wow.... I've been away for so long!! My baby girl will be 2 this year. Abeg theady that went through Chicago, I raise nyansh for u. You are from the tribe of wakanda. U plus the Houston POE lady. Lolz

I am here just for the POE experience as I will be travelling for school any time soon and want to avoid being grilled the date my great grand father died!!

How is California POE? Do er have a straight flight to California or Washington DC? How the POE? Deadly? I know its school but those VO can make u forget your name sef

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by AroOkigbo(m): 5:29pm On Feb 25, 2018
Viola2017:

Hi dear, pls was it Dr M that you used for your child birth?
Used Dr M for correspondence but later found out, upon arrival, dat he is far from where I ended up staying. ..used another doctor. ..Dr JKI
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Feb 25, 2018
ozymes:
PM me

Are you able to answer question here without asking people to pm you?

You have been doing this for sometimes now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Viola2017: 7:19pm On Feb 25, 2018
AroOkigbo:

Used Dr M for correspondence but later found out, upon arrival, dat he is far from where I ended up staying. ..used another doctor. ..Dr JKI

Thanks for your response dear. Dr M is also far from where I will be staying(Northridge) that is about 40mins drive.how is Dr JKI's Bill(pls state his charge, the area he stays,the hospital you used and there own charge. Any other info will be appreciated.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Abiodunnn(f): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
I will suggest you go to the port of entry thread on NL. You will get many POE for students there.
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-port-entry-interview/56

I am here just for the POE experience as I will be travelling for school any time soon and want to avoid being grilled the date my great grand father died!!

How is California POE? Do er have a straight flight to California or Washington DC? How the POE? Deadly? I know its school but those VO can make u forget your name sef
[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ogemele(m): 9:28pm On Feb 25, 2018
Pls any moum currently in Virginia let's hook up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2018
Because I want to avoid situations where my comments or answers will be taken down sir.
justwise:

Are you able to answer question here without asking people to pm you?

You have been doing this for sometimes now.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Feb 25, 2018
ozymes:
Because I want to avoid situations where my comments or answers will be taken down sir.

Why would your comment be taken down if you are not advertising any product here? While you drop your contact details consider rule number 22. I don't see the point of constant pm me or contact me with this email address as you have been doing here lately.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2018
Thank God that you said lately. That means not always. Kindly read through and see questions that require me asking for PMs. You will see that it has to do will contacts on people who urgently need to resolve VOA issues. I am sure you won't expect me to post people's private numbers here or you want to advise otherwise?
justwise:

Why would your comment be taken down if you are not advertising any product here? While you drop your contact details consider rule number 22. I don't see the point of constant pm me or contact me with this email address as you have been doing here lately.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by antozek: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2018
Please am new to this platform,have been reading and taking notes,but i need more clarifications and advices.

I intend to apply for a medical visa to have my baby is California, but haven't gotten an invite, can i apply without an invitation letter? Also my DH has a British passport,shld I mention this at the interview,and he's sponsoring the trip,how much should be in his account to satisfy the VO.

Pls need your honey advice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2018
ozymes:
Thank God that you said lately. That means not always. Kindly read through and see questions that require me asking for PMs. You will see that it has to do will contacts on people who urgently need to resolve VOA issues. I am sure you won't expect me to post people's private numbers here or you want to advise otherwise?

Why must it be done privately? Why would people not apply for VOA directly without going through pm?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chimzy09(f): 10:26pm On Feb 25, 2018
antozek:
Please am new to this platform,have been reading and taking notes,but i need more clarifications and advices.

I intend to apply for a medical visa to have my baby is California, but haven't gotten an invite, can i apply without an invitation letter? Also my DH has a British passport,shld I mention this at the interview,and he's sponsoring the trip,how much should be in his account to satisfy the VO.

Pls need your honey advice

You don't need an invitation letter. You only need to contact a doctor and/or a hospital, get your appointment letter and go on for the interview with your printed doctor's corespondence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ozymes: 10:32pm On Feb 25, 2018
Noted and out! It seems you are bent on quoting my response out of context. Thank you very much, sir and keep up the good work.
justwise:

Why must it be done privately? Why would people not apply for VOA directly without going through pm?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by justwise(m): 10:33pm On Feb 25, 2018
ozymes:
Noted and out! It seems you are bent on quoting my response out of context. Thank you very much, sir and keep up the good work.

I will.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by ijeomaobi1: 2:42am On Feb 26, 2018
Abiodunnn:
I will suggest you go to the port of entry thread on NL. You will get many POE for students there.
https://www.nairaland.com/3666577/u.s-visit-port-entry-interview

Thanks. Lemme reach DAT side
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by feddy27: 10:32am On Feb 26, 2018
DJUde:
[Okay

Touched George Bush international Airport and met a very short queue and soon it was my turn
And the interview started with a dark officer.

O dear, you really tried .. I can imagine the frustration
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 2:08pm On Feb 26, 2018
Yes but because the baby has dual citizenship it is advisable you go and get Nigerian passport for the baby y if you plan to stay beyond that date before going out of the country with the child.
decimator:

Please, can you explain the one month stamp in. Will the baby be required to be returned to US at expiry. Confused. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 2:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Add for dual citizenship to the question, why the USA
omosolz:
Hi everyone. So I and my wife got denied Visa in Abuja. We stay in Abuja. This is our first interview and intent to travel out of the country. We were wondering how to apply again- this transpired between us and the VO.

Us- Hi good morning
VO- good morning can I have your passports please
VO- what's the relationship between you two
DH- we a couple, a married couple
VO- How long have you been married?
DH- got married 2016 December
VO- why are you travelling to the US
US- for vacation and to have our first baby
VO- Why the US
DH.- for better medical services

VO- but there are good Hospitals here
DH- the hospitals we currently use have issues
VO- How long have you worked for ********
DH- a year yesterday
VO- how much do you earn
DH- told her the amount
VO- asked wife the same question and where she worked
DW- I work at ****** and earn ******
VO- How many years have you worked for *****
DW- 3 years
VO- How much will this trip cost you
US- 12 thousand dollars
VO- who are you staying with
DW- My aunty
VO- where are you going to in the US
DH- Arlington
VO- Have any of you travel before out of Nigeria
US- No
VO- So sorry you do not meet the requirement, you can always reapply.

So we left their. We are thinking of reapplying and using the Hospital and doctor as contacts and get an apartment as where we would stay while in the Us. Also the option of DW applying first and go with her mum since her mum has a tourist Visa. Then DH can apply after. Please advice if we should also change the contact as against what we used before.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by debby516(f): 2:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pls i need ur help.sir/ma. Pls.
ozymes:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Waarreng: 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2018
UserD:
Hello Please i sent you a PM. Can you reply me. Thank you! and Congratulations!!

Please did you pay the Doctors and hospital fee before applying for visa and what do u mean by budget sheet. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Waarreng: 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2018
cutiep:
So we are back to give a tiny bit of what we have learnt from the house that silently assisted us in our first ever application for a US Visa.

Alert!!!!! Very long post...

Sometime in August after my DH and I found out I was pregnant, he came to this tread to enquire as to the best option to take in order to obtain a US visa for birth. We had the options of hiding the pregnancy, obtaining a Visa, using same for holiday purposes in DEC. And later for birth purposes in April. We were however advised by the member of the tread to come clean from the onset and declare real intent of the Visa. After so much prayers, preparation (we read and read and read all the readable on this tread), we got all our documents ready and we booked our appointment together for 8th Feb. 2018. 7:15am. I applied for B2 medical visa while my DH applied for B1/B2 visa. Below is a transcript of our interview.

VO: Good morning
Us: Good morning

VO: can I have your passport please
DH: sure hands them over

VO: what's ur purpose for travelling
DH: vacation
ME: I immediately chip in and say "I plan to give birth in the US" circling my obvious bump.

VO: what your relationship?
DH: she is my wife, we got married in April, 2017

VO: have you ever travelled out of Nigeria before?
DH: yes, in April to Dubai for our honeymoon (VO picks up one passport and flips through to confirm this) she then nods.

VO: okay, and what do you do?
ME: I work in bank ***.

VO: still looking at me for more information she asked again what does your job entails?
ME: I explain in details my job functions ***

VO: okay, how long have you worked there
ME: 6years in march (she looks at her computer and nods as though confirming the answer with what I filled on my DS160 form.

VO: look to DH and askes same question, what do you do?
DH: I am a human development consultant plus I also own an online paint consulting firm.

VO: smiles and says "that's a first for me" what does a human development consultant entail?
DH: launches into detailed explanation of his work...offering training for individuals, businesses, corporate etc on skills acquisition et al.

VO: DO you have any staff working for you?
DH: mostly freelancers paid on commission basis

VO: can I see your statement pls
DH: sure and passes part1 of the statement ( note that DH statement was quite bulky - about 1146 pages but we stapled them very neatly and placed each part neatly in labelled envelopes)

VO: looks through the first statement (dollar) and picks out a payment of USD25k paid in much earlier (Oct last yr) and withdrawn the next day. She asked who paid in this $25k?
DH: my sister, but it was for a purpose to assist her do something, it wasn't "dashed".
VO: smiles and says I know, dash never gets that high.

VO: flips through the naira statement and asked for part 2 of the statement,she randomly flips through and goes to the last page of the statement

VO: where did you do your most recent training?
DH:*** community

VO: how did you get paid?
DH: ***,*** & sales of materials.

VO: nods ( I am thinking she is correlating this with the very bulky statement of account)

VO: do you have a personal statement of account
DH: yes but I didn't bring it along cos I plan to use my business to fund the trip.

VO: how long have you worked as this?
DH: about 8 years

VO: but your statement shows that this account was opened in Sept, 2017
DH: yes, along the line, I had to switch and do something else. I only got back to doing this about a year ago, decided to register a new company and start afresh.

VO: so do you have a doctor yet?
ME & DH: yes and hands her the Dr correspondence (I carefully highlighted each conversation with the doctor and labeled it as 1st msg, 2msg etc so as not to stress the VO)

VO: carefully goes through the correspondence and asked what is your budget for this trip?
DH: 17k - 20k, I hand over the budget sheet.

VO: almost didn't look at it. Types, types,types
DH & I: silent prayer prayer prayer

Eventually, the VO looks ups at us, gathered our documents smiles and says keep all your documents and take them to the POE as your may need them......congrats your visa has been approved, hands us the white paper and dishes some info. Which in truth, I was too excited to recall.

DH & I: (big smile on our faces)Thank you.

VO: you may consider printing statement for smaller periods for the POE because what you have here today is overwhelmingly
DH: sure, thank you.

I was shocked, relieved as well as excited. I went out of the room and did a small dance shocked grin We wanted this so bad and it seems the odds were against us given that we hadn't gotten Visa before nows (virgin passports) and I was already pregnant. I thank God for this tread which assisted us make the right informed decisions.

LESSONS LEARNT:

1) NEVER EVER use an agent to fill your DS-160 form. Trust me, the form is pretty straight toward and there are some information that an agent might not put much thought to. But if you do it yourself you have all the right information in there and can't be thrown off balance.

2) Discovering this thread is one of the best things that can happen to a first timer. Don't go for the quick fix. Take time and read read read. You will become even more informed than the so called agents.

3) Truth is Paramount to these VO and in the entire process. We declared our true intention despite discouragement from family and we eventually proved them all wrong. We can go to the POE without any doubt or fears knowing that the truth has been told.

4) In situation like ours, its always best to go together. You never can tell what questions may come up. For instance if I was asked to explain in details what my husband does, I don't think I would have done such a good job as he did nor will I be able to remember the last community he trained vis versa.

I will be back shortly to give my smooth POE story IJN...

Now onto the next agenda, flight tickets...any houston based mum with good ticket deals for 2nd week in April? Kindly share.

Thank to my NL family and may God answer all our silent prayers. Amem...

N/B:
We took the under listed documents to the embassy
1) Doctors correspondence
2) budget sheet
3) Comprehensive bill from the doctor, covering Dr fee, Hosp fee etc
4) Appointment letter
5) DS- 160 confirmation page
6) My doctor's report
7) passport photographs ( same as what was used to complete the DS-160 form)
cool Bank reference from my employer
9) My salary account statement
10) My mutual funds statement of account
11) DH reference letter for account
12) DH bank statements
13) Marriage certificate and newspaper publication (We still bear single status on our passports)
14) Land documents (To prove ties back home)

We didn't print our GTBank receipt and that cost us precious time and money.

Please did you pay the Doctors and hospital fee before applying for visa and what do u mean by budget sheet. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2018
Waarreng:
can’t you just read the thread or what’s the issue. You want to birth abroad you can’t take biro and paper to write down important points ,Ok if you can’t read then use the search bar.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.