Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 (1166334 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (452) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by gretop(m): 4:47pm On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=Tvegas post=66536654]My wife got to Houston through IAH for another missionary journey few days ago. For those who fear Houston POE i don’t think they are that harsh these days. It was pretty easy for her.

Rewind back to MMA Lagos, some overzealous Airfrance officers saw her tummy and told her she won’t be allowed her to fly except she has a fit to fly letter from her doctor. That Airfrance only flies people below 32 weeks. She went to make a photocopy of the letter and gave them. They told her she will need the original in Paris (It’s better to have a photocopy handy). Paris was uneventful as the layover was short. She met a Houston bound nairalander who was heading to New York because she was fearful of the Houston POE. She helped her rehearse some of the questions they may ask her in New York and they parted.

Congrats on a successful POE and thanks alot for the key points.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by afrobrown2000: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
dear NL,
my dear wife just came back from her missionary trip a week ago with my LO did notarized doc at no cost ($50 waiver was applied) did VOA at $190 went to the airport with $200 paid for her on arrival to my surprise they gave me $10 change
Delivery was at baylor Scott and white Whiterock dallas heard the name just changed....via CS by Dr Esebede

all bills paid except pediatrics

hospital $4300
Dr $2800
lab $230
Anesthesiologist $1000
pathology $104 (discounted $30)

pediatrics $1610 (discounted to $1104)

thats where the problem is had a set of twins in 2015 who had a normal newborn bill of $312 each totaling $624 same hospital how come for my LO it came to this price $1104

so i decided to call them myself on friday and noticed this bill came from a clinic called Pediatrix nothing changed...then i remembered a discussion about them earlier on this tread which i felt they wouldnt be the ones handling my LO delivery..
they have a healthy baby package which is to be paid before delivery and that is supposed to cost $675....will call on monday and see if i could still get the package

pls for those that haven't delivered you might also try and find out about this information to avoid unnecessary cost ...thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 5:12pm On Apr 08, 2018
Happy Sunday mamas and papas.

Please, for a 7:5am interview in Lagos, what time is best to arrive at the embassy and also is passport photographs needed?

I have all this ready.

DS_160 confirmation page
Appointment confirmation page
GTBank payment print out page
international passport
and other burden of proof.( account statements, budget sheet, doctors corr, doctors appointment letter, etc)

Just want to reconfirm. thank you all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 5:45pm On Apr 08, 2018
Mandex11:
shocked shocked wonder why tho

Amazon n Walmart have put them out of business, and its possible they have bought them over, I mean another company..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 6:09pm On Apr 08, 2018
Eilenora:
Hi guys.

So my ticket to Nevada is over 800k. Am trying to see if i cam get there cheaper so thinking of 1st flying to Ny as there seems to be many promos now for NY. But am wondering, wots d POE like in NY for preggies?

Another qstn is ds, I wanna travel August ending. When would be the best time to do a change of intent email to the embassy? Is it too early?

Is it advisable to travel with my toddler? Am wondering how il take care of her in my 3rd trimester with little or no help. Tho am stayin with ppl theyl hardly be home cos they go to work. Can i leave a 3yr old for 2.5mnths? Will it affect her psychologically? Plus child flight ticket to nevada isnt smiling o.

Finally, so av read thru previous threads that once u get ur babys american passport no need to stress over gettin a nign passport or visa over there. I can just apply for a VOA amd get it when we get to MMA yea? The 190 dollars is paid at MMA right?

If u have the money for Navada kindly buy it cos with preg n travelling its not easy. Then again u can buy NY ticket n buy a local flight in US before u travel, ur family in US can help u with that.

When I went for my trip, I left my 2yr old boy back home for 5mths it was not easy but I wanted it that way cos of the pregnancy although my mum came to meet me in US later but I knew it wld b tasking for both of us with my son..so I left him back with his dad.. Then its now depends on the gender, if its a girl pls just take her along..biko..

For passport, I collected the US palie for my girl and am yet to collect Nigerian Passport for her till now cos, I got a Nigerian visa on her US passport....later in the year, I will collect the Nigeria passport for her. I guess the MMA $190 thing is new...

For the intent, you can do it in June, if you do it earlier I don't think there is a problem..change of mind can happen at anytime so I think ur good when ever u send the mail...

Best of luck..

Well-done people for keeping this trend going..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 6:19pm On Apr 08, 2018
Sotchaa:
Hello everyone, i am an almost silent observer on this thread. I have gathered as much information as possible,the only thing i am struggling with is best accommodation option. I have pretty much narrowed down to Dr Xydas of HNWMC. As per accommodation, i have a $750/month offer for a room ( all bills and gas covered)- about 10mins from the hospital, which will bring uber to about $15/trip. My question- has anyone used or does anyone know of any accommodation very close to the hospital ( maybe walking distance if possible) that is not that expensive? Also somewhere central to shopping malls etc...

I have tried maps but i think my best bet for answering this question is an experienced person- please help!

Thanks so much!

I don't know if anyone has used/stayed at the environs of the hospital but last I checked when I gave birth there using same DOC I didn't stay around the hospital cos that area to me is very unsafe...the rate of crime there is high last I visited o...I will not advice anyone to stay around the hospital/county..

But, where Dr Xydas clinic is located, the area is not bad but still not sure of the area's safety..

Beat of luck I hope you get a safe place soon..

In BTW, I see that MY Doc Xydas has increased his price from $1750 to $2000 , Nairalanders I hail o, the guy don open eye..

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mamaiyanu: 6:27pm On Apr 08, 2018
6:30am should be fine.

Yes you need a passport photograph, 5in x 5in I think.

Don't listen to those touts at the gate.. they'd try to tell you that you need colored printouts and stuff... you don't.

You're good to go with your docs. Plenty of prayers needed as well. Dress smartly, be confident, look straight into the interviewers eye.

All the best!

Micafe:
Happy Sunday mamas and papas.

Please, for a 7:5am interview in Lagos, what time is best to arrive at the embassy and also is passport photographs needed?

I have all this ready.

DS_160 confirmation page
Appointment confirmation page
GTBank payment print out page
international passport
and other burden of proof.( account statements, budget sheet, doctors corr, doctors appointment letter, etc)

Just want to reconfirm. thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Adebuble(f): 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2018
nnetayo:
So I thought today would be the day I'd come here to finally share my story as a beneficiary of this thread for such a long time, but alas it was not to be sad
But I've decided to share this story still *long post alert*

I had my first visa appointment in September to go and have my 2ND baby in the US (I had my first over 6 yrs ago in the UK. The pregnancy was high risk and I needed to get out ASAP at the time and since I had a valid British visa, I decided to go to the UK immediately. I had my baby, paid all my bills and been back in the UK many times since then)
We had planned to travel to the US this Christmas for vacation but 10 days after we submitted our application(tourism), I found out I was pregnant (after over 6 years) so we decided that since our interview was about a month away, we would do the needful and let the consular officer know of our intention.

I wanted to have the baby in Houston since I have a lot of family there so I swung into action and started to do my research. Because my pregnancy is high risk (yet again) it was difficult to get a doctor that would accept me but with the help of the zocdoc app, I eventually found one and established correspondence. Fast forward to our interview in September, I was upfront with the consular officer and told him that even though I had initially planned to go on Xmas vacation, I now intend to go and have the baby in US. He said, even though he was aware the baby would arrive next year, he would like for us to reflect more money in our accounts and reapply.He denied us bases on that so
we took his advise and left.

Fast forward to today, we had our interview this morning. Please see transcript below:

VO: Good morning, passports please
DH and I: Good Morning (hands over passports, we were also with our son who was tired from the long queue)
He then took his time to go through the computer (please note that in the new DS160 form, I chose B2 for myself and B1/B2 for DH and son. We also mentioned our conversation with the last consular officer, mentioned that we had our son in the UK, had investments we would be liquidating to demonstrate our financial capacity)
VO: Why have you applied to go the US today ma'am
Me: I'm currently pregnant and would be travelling to have my baby
VO: Where do you work and what do you do for them
Me: I work with xxxx bank and I'm responsible for this, this, this and that across the group and our subsidiaries
He asks DH the same question and he answers
VO: How long have you worked for this organisation
DH: 11 years
VO: Have you travelled out of the country before
Me: Yes. Schooled in the UK, Been to Germany as well
DH: UK and US
VO: Any correspondence from the doctor, budget sheet and statements?
Me: I hand them over and tell him to read from bottom up (the correspondence shows where the doctor is willing to accept me as a high risk patient, our willingness to pay some money upfront and the doctor's response to only receive payment after I've gotten my visa)
VO: Looks through the letter and all the statements. (Our budget was over 5m. Hubby's savings had over 6m, dorm account over $2, 500, I had close to 2m in investment with a letter to the embassy notifying that I had access to the money within 48 hours of notice and Hubby had treasily bill statement indicating over 10m)
VO: Starts typing for a really long time and gives us the blue paper with "I'm sorry you do not qualify for a visa at this time"

I've been so devastated as I had rehearsed over and over again how I was going to share my success story here. I was planning to travel 2nd week in February. Hubby thinks we should try again, this time just me and then himself and my son can apply afterwards.
I'm honestly confused. Don't know if I'd get a date ASAP. I've made a resolve to just have the baby here, but my family thinks I should try again.

You can try Abuja, if u were denied in Lagos.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Violetdaisy: 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2018
[quote author=Violetdaisy post=66469783]Hello guys,pls those who have used Houston northwest medical center could u explain what their miracle moments program is?
Received a couple of files from them that I didn't understand
Thanks

Please help guys
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dy2005: 11:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hello Nadnad ,please did you visa expire before you applied for dropbox how many months before or how many months after ? quote author=Nadnad post=66460258]

Previous visa was b1/B2 [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Dy2005: 11:52pm On Apr 08, 2018
Hello every1..... pls I need more info on dropbox renewal ,please is it true that when u renew before your visa expire you will be called for interview .visa renewal that my sister had a chat with told her that dropbox is strictly for expired visa,that if you want to renew via drop box before expiration u will be called for interview,hubby n i visa will expire june 2nd wk and traveling july ending or aug for vac ,,,,

Please need more clarification biko,also if you have renewed 3-2mnths before expiration and no interview ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 1:28am On Apr 09, 2018
Where did you get the info from? Dr or Hospital directly.

Got mine through the Dr's office and its pretty self explanatory. Miracle Moments is a discounted package for self pay patients who don't have access to insurance on the pre-condition that you make full payment at the point of registration at the hospital or by your 37th week. They also have information for paediatrician, anaesthesiologist and pathologist.

If you got the info from Dr Xydas office just be patient and read through it. A specific question would be easier to answer then.

Violetdaisy:

Please help guys

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by CheeseMama: 1:58am On Apr 09, 2018
Pediatrix is just horrible! I called them prior to delivery and was too i couldn't pay in advance as there was no account to apply the payment to since my baby would be the account holder. After delivery i called practically everyday and they did not have my billing information. The HBP rate is only allowed if you pay within 30 days. They just sent me a bill with only account number, the amount isn't stated. After almost 3 weeks, I kept asking if they will honour the discount if i haven't received their bill 30 days from delivery. The payment rep I spoke to was so clueless. I will call them tomorrow to find out what the charge is and also to insist that they honour the HBP rates.

afrobrown2000:
dear NL,
my dear wife just came back from her missionary trip a week ago with my LO did notarized doc at no cost ($50 waiver was applied) did VOA at $190 when to the airport with $200 paid for her on arrival to my surprise they gave me $10 change
Delivery was at baylor Scott and white Whiterock dallas heard the name just changed....via CS by Dr Esebede

all bills paid except pediatrics

hospital $4300
Dr $2800
lab $230
Anesthesiologist $1000
pathology $104 (discounted $30)

pediatrics $1610 (discounted to $1104)

thats where the problem is had a set of twins in 2015 who had a normal newborn bill of $312 each totaling $624 same hospital how come for my LO it came to this price $1104

so i decided to call them myself on friday and noticed this bill came from a clinic called Pediatrix nothing changed...then i remembered a discussion about them earlier on this tread which i felt they wouldnt be the ones handling my LO delivery..
they have a healthy baby package which is to be paid before delivery and that is supposed to cost $675....will call on monday and see if i could still get the package

pls for those that haven't delivered you might also try and find out about this information to avoid unnecessary cost ...thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Petdaughter: 3:02am On Apr 09, 2018
AroOkigbo:

$190 cash or pay $180 with international credit card. If paying cash, they don't accept older (pre-2006) notes.

Oh ok! So they would accept my BofA card? Kindly confirm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 5:40am On Apr 09, 2018
Take it easy mama. Don’t worry the discount applies from the date you receive your bill aka d date on the bill sent to you.
They use to dealing wit insurance companies. So if u call n the person you are speaking to does not understand ask to be transferred to a supervisor or a financial officer. Don’t let pediatrix give u high bp. Bad as e bad, u can pay wit a card over the fone if u end up not being able to get d bill and ask they send the receipt to your house addy in the US or email.
Please how is our baby?

CheeseMama:
Pediatrix is just horrible! I called them prior to delivery and was too i couldn't pay in advance as there was no account to apply the payment to since my baby would be the account holder. After delivery i called practically everyday and they did not have my billing information. The HBP rate is only allowed if you pay within 30 days. They just sent me a bill with only account number, the amount isn't stated. After almost 3 weeks, I kept asking if they will honour the discount if i haven't received their bill 30 days from delivery. The payment rep I spoke to was so clueless. I will call them tomorrow to find out what the charge is and also to insist that they honour the HBP rates.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Micafe: 6:19am On Apr 09, 2018
Understood. I'm coming to share my testimony. God bless.

Mamaiyanu:
6:30am should be fine.

Yes you need a passport photograph, 5in x 5in I think.

Don't listen to those touts at the gate.. they'd try to tell you that you need colored printouts and stuff... you don't.

You're good to go with your docs. Plenty of prayers needed as well. Dress smartly, be confident, look straight into the interviewers eye.

All the best!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nadnad: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2018
Dy2005:
Hello Nadnad ,please did you visa expire before you applied for dropbox how many months before or how many months after ? quote author=Nadnad post=66460258]

Previous visa was b1/B2

Good morning

My old visa would have expired mid June
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2018
My dear sis, pediatrix is a nightmare and that's putting it mildly. My own 1st bill had no account number and no patience reference no. Every time i called bout the baby's bill - feedback would be the patient does not exist. I'm yet to figure out why hospitals are switching to them as it makes no sense and I've always wondered if there's something fraudulent bout them.

Even after payment, they couldn't reflect the right amount paid and I still had to contest that. Little wonder their online reviews are consistent with nasty experiences by Nigerians so I doubt that their unrivaled unprofessionalism Is limited to cash paying customers.

CheeseMama:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Gloriagee(f): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2018
Waoh seems like u had a manageable experience with them. Didn't get my bill for 6 months after birthing and the bill stated 'Past Due' on date of 1st receipt. I got the hospital's zero balance letter mailed to my host's address on date of discharge. Pathologist's bill came on time but for some reason Pediatrix just couldn't trace my child not to talk of sending a bill. I kept calling and calling cos I wanted to clear all bills prior to leaving the US and they all sounded clueless irrespective of who they transferred you to. For this sole reason I'd vowed to port to Oakbend cos who needs more stress when there's a newborn in the pic? So annoying...

Christine77:
Take it easy mama. Don’t worry the discount applies from the date you receive your bill aka d date on the bill sent to you.
They use to dealing wit insurance companies. So if u call n the person you are speaking to does not understand ask to be transferred to a supervisor or a financial officer. Don’t let pediatrix give u high bp. Bad as e bad, u can pay wit a card over the fone if u end up not being able to get d bill and ask they send the receipt to your house addy in the US or email.
Please how is our baby?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Nadnad: 9:20am On Apr 09, 2018
Dy2005:

Previous visa was b1/B2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Fyorgyn: 9:45am On Apr 09, 2018
Dy2005:
Hello every1..... pls I need more info on dropbox renewal ,please is it true that when u renew before your visa expire you will be called for interview .visa renewal that my sister had a chat with told her that dropbox is strictly for expired visa,that if you want to renew via drop box before expiration u will be called for interview,hubby n i visa will expire june 2nd wk and traveling july ending or aug for vac ,,,,

Please need more clarification biko,also if you have renewed 3-2mnths before expiration and no interview ?

If you want to travel July ending you should apply asap.

The reason for this is that you MAY be called for interview and getting a date can be a headache!

My visa was to expire in November and I applied late September/early October. My passport was returned after like 15 days with a 221g request. This was already mid October. The closest date for interview was November 2nd and I had to be in the US by November 4 for a conference.

I got the visa but missed my conference because the US embassy kept my passport for another 15days!!!!!!

So please apply to renew your visa early especially if you need to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by alexandramylee: 10:04am On Apr 09, 2018
Just requested to send you a message.
Mrsteeeeee:

Pls help me with ur contact need to confirm smthg thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by alexandramylee: 10:32am On Apr 09, 2018
I can give give you first hand info because I speak from experience. I renewed my US visa a month before it expired through dropbox and I wasn't invited for interview. My Visa was renewed and I only received an email of it's readiness. It's only in very rare cases that you might be invited for an interview, but that's not usually the case.
Dy2005:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Chinemeze17: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2018
CheeseMama:
Hi, please how long after your delivery did you get your bill from Pediatrix? I have called over 4 times since the 20th when i had my baby and they don't have my billing information yet. They said it can take up to 30 days. I asked why it would take 30 days when they offer a prompt payment discount thats only valid for 30 days after delivery and they said they'd still honour the discount. I need to settle my bills before i leave in 2 weeks.

Also which paediatrician did you use please? My first visit alone was 120 usd.
The bill from pediatrix group takes at least 3weeks but whenever your are sent the bill, call them and ask for the discounted rate which was quoted on the slip given in the hospital

It usually takes like 3weeks minimum for pediatrix to give you a bill, but the healthy baby package will be applied when your bill is sent and you request for it. Even if you leave the US, and the bill hasn't come, just keep following it up and you can pay over the phone

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by OmoBendel24: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2018
alexandramylee:
I can give give you first hand info because I speak from experience. I renewed my US visa a month before it expired through dropbox and I wasn't invited for interview. My Visa was renewed and I only received an email of it's readiness. It's only in very rare cases that you might be invited for an interview, but that's not usually the case.

The cases aren't rare these days oh! Whether renewing before visa expires or after, as long as previous visa was used for birthing (this seems to be the latest trigger), just expect a likely invite for interview.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by alexandramylee: 10:53am On Apr 09, 2018
Really? Wow! that's sad @The cases aren't rare these days oh!...thanks for the info. Though mine was renewed exactly a month ago (March) via dropbox and i wasn't invited.
OmoBendel24:

The cases aren't rare these days oh! Whether renewing before visa expires or after, as long as previous visa was used for birthing (this seems to be the latest trigger), just expect a likely invite for interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by cindermum: 11:09am On Apr 09, 2018
Dy2005:

I'm not sure this is entirely true. My husband and I submitted our passports 1month to expiration via Dropbox and we were not called for interview. His was ready after 7 working days and mine was ready for collection after 12working days. Since it's just for vacation, can u wait till May before renewal?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Mrsteeeeee: 11:40am On Apr 09, 2018
Please who knows of any affordable hospitals in California LA
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by chibertha(f): 12:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
If the 30 days has not elapsed please pay the discounted rate or a little over to the account sent to you so doing you will lock it down and now have hard evidence to talk with.
That's my take.

CheeseMama:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Ayob3: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
Hello beautiful people..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 by Christine77: 12:32pm On Apr 09, 2018
6 months after? Wow! I guess I was lucky. But if u get a bill saying past due it means on their system they had already sent u a bill. There is always a mix up with dese companies.
What I sha learnt is to argue n argue ur case till u’ve Exhausted every means necessary especially if u didn’t get a bill before this past due bill.

Gloriagee:
Waoh seems like u had a manageable experience with them. Didn't get my bill for 6 months after birthing and the bill stated 'Past Due' on date of 1st receipt. I got the hospital's zero balance letter mailed to my host's address on date of discharge. Pathologist's bill came on time but for some reason Pediatrix just couldn't trace my child not to talk of sending a bill. I kept calling and calling cos I wanted to clear all bills prior to leaving the US and they all sounded clueless irrespective of who they transferred you to. For this sole reason I'd vowed to port to Oakbend cos who needs more stress when there's a newborn in the pic? So annoying...

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (452) (Reply)

USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / General Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa Through Skilled Migration.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.