Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,970 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Why Are Guys Desperate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys Desperate? (1020 Views)

Are Guys Scared To Date Pretty Girls? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Guys Desperate? by stechi(m): 1:43am On Apr 05, 2010
My fiancee have been receiving gifts from a male friend of hers for quite a while and recently she misplaced her phone and while I am planning to get her a new phone, I was surprised when she called me and told me that same male friend of hers just got her a new phone. So disturbing as it may be to me, I demanded to know what is really going on between her and this male friend of hers and her answer is as good as yours(reader) that -NOTHING INTIMATE.

I had a deep thought over the whole issue and concluded within me to allow things unfold for itself because it is her personal choice to decide who to be with afterall God knows I love her so much (not verbally but practically) which she can testify to (if she can be truthful).

Lately, her attitude has really changed differently from what she was when we started and personally, I might attribute it to change on location and her new job.Hence, being materialistic might be where she is aiming at or is it the guy that is desperate in having her as his.

I am about taking a tough decision because I am such that don't allow emotional issues to becloud my focus in life.

What decision do NL's think I should take?
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by Hotstepper(f): 2:14am On Apr 05, 2010
wow, I see her as being materialistic which will continue even when you guys get married, Open your eyes
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by daduke2k(m): 2:20am On Apr 05, 2010
Sum1 's being playd here. . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by stechi(m): 2:30am On Apr 05, 2010
Hmm,
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by lallafati(f): 2:31am On Apr 05, 2010
She is definitely materialistic. If you are in a committed relationship, you really don't accept gifts from a person of the opposite gender unless the person is family or a good friend which your boyfriend/fiance knows, trusts and approves of.  Now you might not want to be taken as rude the first time, but if I ever accepted something from a guy friend which my boyfriend/fiance knows nothing about, I would return it asap in a respectful manner explaining why "I didn't want to sound rude, but although it is appreciated I can't accept this". Do you know the guy? Does she talk to you about him? Does he know her family? How would she feel if you started accepting several gifts including a phone from a woman Why is she even still accepting gifts from a man who is no family to her and whom you don't know? I really don't get girls these days.  So all of this started coz she got a new job? I would be you I would be careful, very careful about by next move. I suggest you keep observing how she behaves. If you go ahead and marry her, what would happen if she become successful professionally or financially, or even more successful than you? If you can't trust her in little things, I doubt you would be able to in bigger things.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by stechi(m): 2:54am On Apr 05, 2010
lallafati:

She is definitely materialistic. If you are in a committed relationship, you really don't accept gifts from a person of the opposite gender unless the person is family or a good friend which your boyfriend/fiance knows, trusts and approves of.  Now you might not want to be taken as rude the first time, but if I ever accepted something from a guy friend which my boyfriend/fiance knows nothing about, I would return it asap in a respectful manner explaining why "I didn't want to sound rude, but although it is appreciated I can't accept this". Do you know the guy? Does she talk to you about him? Does he know her family? How would she feel if you started accepting several gifts including a phone from a woman Why is she even still accepting gifts from a man who is no family to her and whom you don't know? I really don't get girls these days.  So all of this started coz she got a new job? I would be you I would be careful, very careful about by next move. I suggest you keep observing how she behaves. If you go ahead and marry her, what would happen if she become successful professionally or financially, or even more successful than you? If you can't trust her in little things, I doubt you would be able to in bigger things.

u have really said my mind. I got furious with her over the fone when she told me about the gift and all she could tell me was ", what if she had lied to me that she bought it herself, why am I getting mad over a gift from just a friend?, ".

Previous gifts given to her by this same guy never attracted any hostile reaction because I just intended to watch what was really going on. Personally, I have had cause to allow her scare off female folks that tend to wanna impose themselves on me despite their knowledge about my "fiancee".
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by daduke2k(m): 3:09am On Apr 05, 2010
Ah ahn, u chop orishirishi? Fain ya own gurls jor, abi she no knw say u wan marry am, and kom get friend wey dey buy am outsid. Fashi am jor.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by lallafati(f): 3:24am On Apr 05, 2010
stechi:

u have really said my mind. I got furious with her over the fone when she told me about the gift and all she could tell me was ", what if she had lied to me that she bought it herself, why am I getting mad over a  gift from just a friend?, ".

Previous gifts given to her by this same guy never attracted any hostile reaction because I just intended to watch what was really going on. Personally, I have had cause to allow her scare off female folks that tend to wanna impose themselves on me despite their knowledge about my "fiancee".

Hm, just be careful. Maybe she thinks it's no big deal and there is nothing more to it. Then try to have a conversation and tell her exactly your mind. Yes it is a big deal, and no it's not right not just the act of accepting the phone but as a woman who "belongs" to another man and who has dignity that's not good. A woman who respects herself even single shouldn't even accept a gift (certainly not a phone) from a "friend" unless he is family or very good friend to whom she's given gifts too (in a relationship that is truthful just friendship on both sides with no hidden agenda). Gifts are never free.  Try to see if there isn't anything you caused, like pay back for something you did, or something along these lines. All my support! If it's destined to be, then it will be. Just pray and be wise.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by ladi02(m): 2:17pm On Apr 05, 2010
My advice is you talk to her about it and let her understand how wrong it is, if it continues then im sorry she will rather be with the friend, then the big decision should come then, but have a detailed discussion with her
GL
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
my guy as hard as it may seem put ur hands in ur pocket and walk away before u get seriously hurt emotionally
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by ayettymama(f): 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2010
why would u marry a woman that makes a habit of collecting gifts from 'male friends'??

if u were my brother i'd slap you silly!
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by omega25red(m): 2:53pm On Apr 05, 2010
@ poster
when you say your fiance, have you given her a ring or have you done the traditional engagement with her?

Anyway back to the issue at hand, you need to have a serious convo with this woman and let her know that you have an issue with her accepting gifts from men who obviously want her. By the way have you ever met this so called friend of hers? because it seems like home girl is still taking phone numbers and going on dates and possibly giving it up to the highest bidder. Hurry up and get more information so you dont end up looking like a fool
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by gee2(m): 2:58pm On Apr 05, 2010
abeg bros,
get her b4 she gets u.
i feel she gats insect eyez (oju kokoro)
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by chelseabmw(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2010
[size=13pt]@poster
not all guys are desperate
[/size]
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by iice(f): 3:38pm On Apr 05, 2010
Why do people think sex is the only way to break trust or to cheat? undecided Nothing intimate indeed.
I think she should have asked you first if she could accept the gifts in the first place.
All in all. . .talk to her first before coming to a decision. Let her know where you stand.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by rawswagga(m): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2010
Well I was mad reading al d reply till I saw wat iice said.plz guy take her to a cool place different from where u guys use to hang out nd talk tins out.let her knw hw u feel abt her takn up gift from her suitors.to me she did bad.takin it once mit be forgiving on d ground dat u dnt want to b rude to guy.bt on several occasion.to me I can neva call dat phone d guy bot.one u will wanna check dat phone nd she will yell at u dat afterall u where nt d person dat bought d fone for her.listen by all those goft d guy hav trapped her somhow nd she mit already b fallin for d guy.men watch her behaviour onward.gud luck man
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by Orikinla(m): 4:14pm On Apr 05, 2010
We cannot judge someone from what another person has told us UNTIL WE HEAR OR KNOW THE TWO SIDES OF THE COIN.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by na2day2(m): 8:46pm On Apr 05, 2010
stechi:

My fiancee have been receiving gifts from a male friend of hers for quite a while and recently she misplaced her phone and while I am planning to get her a new phone, I was surprised when she called me and told me that same male friend of hers just got her a new phone. So disturbing as it may be to me, I demanded to know what is really going on between her and this male friend of hers and her answer is as good as yours(reader) that -NOTHING INTIMATE.

I had a deep thought over the whole issue and concluded within me to allow things unfold for itself because it is her personal choice to decide who to be with afterall God knows I love her so much (not verbally but practically) which she can testify to (if she can be truthful).

Lately, her attitude has really changed differently from what she was when we started and personally, I might attribute it to change on location and her new job.Hence, being materialistic might be where she is aiming at or is it the guy that is desperate in having her as his.

I am about taking a tough decision because I am such that don't allow emotional issues to becloud my focus in life.

kneel down and raise up ur legs, asap! angry angry angry angry run from that girl with all ur might. why are u blaming the other guy though? undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by yilleng05(m): 9:21pm On Apr 05, 2010
stechi:

Bad as ur story may sound, i knw she loves u in return its just dat most women re very materialistic and as a result

if u re not financially buoyant, u may lose her.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by tai2(m): 10:07pm On Apr 05, 2010
Typical attitude of a mugu, blaming another man for his misfortune when it is 200% clear that the woman is to blame. Your problem is that you never had true control over your woman in the first place, now she has found a young man with money control and she's misbehaving.

"He's just a friend" is the regular answer they give to mugu's. Of course, he's just a friend, you're the mugu. After all na from clap them they take start dance. The next thing you know she's finding a fault with every single thing you do and Mr. Friend will be the only one with a solution and kind words until she falls into his bed if she hasn't already. The grass is always greener on the other side. A woman will stay with a serial murderer and rapist and call him "Angel" if he has true control. If he has no control, is good to a fault and looks like Denzel Washington she'll call him a "monster" in the long run anyway.

You've been had my man, the smartest thing to do is to dump the broad with immediate effect. There's no time for nonsense. If you start accepting sh*it in your home, don't expect the flies to stay outside. She's clearly enamored with the money control the new player has to offer and if you don't extract yourself from the situation, her enamored conscience will find a way to blame you for every single damn thing until she convinces herself that the new guy is the best thing for her. You're unnecessary cargo at the moment, deadweight, a stumbling stone.

Leave her for the other guy. Let her scratch that itch that's bothering her else you're going to find yourself in a worse situation than you are now and a bigger mugu than you could be. Be wise brother be wise. As an eye-opener I advise you read the following thread to know what is at stake here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396243.0.html

In the long run if you've been a good guy, her eyes should open and she'll come crying when it's all 'clear' to her and Mr. Friend gets tired of her. At that time, shine her 'pu*ssy' like a p0rn star and dump her the next day again. Your mama didn't raise no fool, shed the title of 'mugu' and open your eyes. Life is too short to play second fiddle to men of true control, become one yourself.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by na2day2(m): 10:09pm On Apr 05, 2010
^^^^ the good doctor is in the house grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by jenibayo(f): 10:13pm On Apr 05, 2010
na2day?:

^^^^ the good doctor is in the house grin grin grin grin

Baby i be think say u wan go sleep oo abi u don wake u! wetin time for there.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by daduke2k(m): 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2010
They stil hav daylight i gues.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by na2day2(m): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2010
jenibayo:

Baby i be think say u wan go sleep oo abi u don wake u! wetin time for there.

i said sleep not hibernation. i am wide awake
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by unitee(f): 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
Poster m advice is be serious
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by stechi(m): 9:32am On Apr 06, 2010
ladi02:

My advice is you talk to her about it and let her understand how wrong it is, if it continues then im sorry she will rather be with the friend, then the big decision should come then, but have a detailed discussion with her
GL

that was exactly what I did yesterday after watching a movie together at the cinema and she requested i Bluetooth a picture i snapped with my phone to hers and I blatantly reproached her not to show me that phone much more asking me to do anything with that phone for her. Then we headed to the beach after she became annoyed at my response,threatened to boycott our plan to unwind at the beach but I had to persuade her maturedly.There, we had a "heart-to-heart" discussion.
RESULT? she called the guy and informed him of returning the phone back to him the next day.

tai2 link=topic=425107.msg5836119#msg5836119 date=1270501651:

Typical attitude of a mugu, blaming another man for his misfortune when it is 200% clear that the woman is to blame. Your problem is that you never had true control over your woman in the first place, now she has found a young man with money control and she's misbehaving.

"He's just a friend" is the regular answer they give to mugu's. Of course, he's just a friend, you're the mugu. After all na from clap them they take start dance. The next thing you know she's finding a fault with every single thing you do and Mr. Friend will be the only one with a solution and kind words until she falls into his bed if she hasn't already. The grass is always greener on the other side. A woman will stay with a serial murderer and rapist and call him "Angel" if he has true control. If he has no control, is good to a fault and looks like Denzel Washington she'll call him a "monster" in the long run anyway.

You've been had my man, the smartest thing to do is to dump the broad with immediate effect. There's no time for nonsense. If you start accepting sh*it in your home, don't expect the flies to stay outside. She's clearly enamored with the money control the new player has to offer and if you don't extract yourself from the situation, her enamored conscience will find a way to blame you for every single damn thing until she convinces herself that the new guy is the best thing for her. You're unnecessary cargo at the moment, deadweight, a stumbling stone.

Leave her for the other guy. Let her scratch that itch that's bothering her else you're going to find yourself in a worse situation than you are now and a bigger mugu than you could be. Be wise brother be wise. As an eye-opener I advise you read the following thread to know what is at stake here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-396243.0.html

In the long run if you've been a good guy, her eyes should open and she'll come crying when it's all 'clear' to her and Mr. Friend gets tired of her. At that time, shine her 'pu*ssy' like a p0rn star and dump her the next day again. Your mama didn't raise no fool, shed the title of 'mugu' and open your eyes. Life is too short to play second fiddle to men of true control, become one yourself.

your warning advice is noted,thanks.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by stechi(m): 9:40am On Apr 06, 2010
ladi02:

GL

that was exactly what I did yesterday after watching a movie together at the cinema and she requested i Bluetooth a picture i snapped with my phone to hers and I blatantly reproached her not to show me that phone much more asking me to do anything with that phone for her. Then we headed to the beach after she became annoyed at my response,threatened to boycott our plan to unwind at the beach but I had to persuade her maturedly.There, we had a "heart-to-heart" discussion.
Re: Why Are Guys Desperate? by Donvilo(m): 10:18am On Apr 06, 2010
I believe that the best ways to sort out problems and issues in a relationship are COMMUNICATION & UNDERSTANDING.

(1) (Reply)

Can U Date A Non-uni. Graduate Guy? / How Do U Show A Woman U Love Her. / Ladies How Would You Like To Be Approached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.