Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,246 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Help! Ibplc Is Stealing Corpers' Allowances - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Help! Ibplc Is Stealing Corpers' Allowances (1059 Views)

NYSC To Increase Corpers' Allowances – Olawumi / NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Senate Approves Increment Of Nysc Allowances. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help! Ibplc Is Stealing Corpers' Allowances by kunmibola(m): 4:53am On Apr 05, 2010
Hi Nlanders,
I am a Batch A corps member serving in Nsukka, Enugu State. When we were posted to our areas of Primary Assignment last year, we were 'mandated' by the NYSC Area inspector in Nsukka to open accounts with two banks namely;UBN and ZENITH. Unfortunately, i fell into the Union bank category. On opening the new account, they deducted some amount of money from our 1st allowance all in the name of bank charges. But union bank's problem started when we discovered that if corpers in Zenith bank collect their allowance on the 25th of the month, union bank would not pay us till maybe 5th of the following month. The issue got aggravated when they (UNION) started paying on the 18th of the following month. The A. I Intervened and told us to open new accts with Intercontinental bank but this happens to be the case of 'from frypan to fire'. I could remember the bank manager telling us that they are not deducting more than #500 meant for minimum deposit. But we really had no choice as the A. I himself was supporting them and mandating us.
The 1st month allowance was a huge joke as they deducted our money from #9,775 to #8,900. For what? The 2nd month's came as a shock too as corpers were paid #9,300. The funny part is that they told us it will always go on like this. We,corpers banking,with them are ready to take laws into our hands as this is cheating of the highest order.
Somebody should please intervene as corpers are always seen to be protesting in their banking hall on daily basis. Thanks.
Re: Help! Ibplc Is Stealing Corpers' Allowances by kunmibola(m): 4:59am On Apr 05, 2010
Infact, the press must hear this. Rubbish! Intercontinental thief thief!
Re: Help! Ibplc Is Stealing Corpers' Allowances by dominique(f): 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
your title states IBPLC and the post is about union bank. what's the correlation?

(1) (Reply)

The Evils Of NYSC- How A Female Corper Was Sexually Molested By A Man O War / Wow FG Increase NYSC Allowance To N39,800 (please Share Post) / Strictly For Those Intending To Serve In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.