Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,986 members, 7,814,360 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread (2444 Views)

Ever Heard Of Atheistic Evolution? / What Are The Problems Of An Atheistic Position? / Atheistic Nuisance, Barcelona And Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OtemAtum: 3:50am On Dec 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Can you kindly clarify your position on tithes/fees? What do you have to say to Atheists who are ordered to pay large monthly tithes/fees of N27,000 to the prophet of Atheism Richard Dawkins. What does Atum say about this?

Prophet Richard Dawkins offer the followers of Atheism an awesome experience if they pay him N2.4 million to have one lunch with him per year. I would kindly like to know from you, what does Atum say to this?
Atum isn't an atheist. BTW, Richard Dawkins didn't say that he would send the money to one sky daddy in heaven. It's just tantamount to meeting a celebrity, just the way some are paying to meet Thierry Henry in naija. It is not a compulsory money unlike tithe which if you don't pay, you are threatened to be visited by devourers.

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:39am On Dec 27, 2017
The false doctrine of monetary tithing is a scam pro-tithers are not willing to admit until their Pastorpreneurs confess to it.

I HAVE ASKED THEM TO SHOW ME ONE SCRIPTURE WHERE TITHE IS PAID IN GOLD AND SILVER (MONEY)...Nothing scriptural whatsoever to back it up.

I did some research on how tithes were handled in Jewish History, and this was done on agro-products, not even the glorious era of Solomon changed it from agro-products and livestock to gold and silver!

My subsequent posts are extracted from Wikipedia which in turn drew it sources from the Torah and other ancient Jewish texts alongside the Bible too.

2 Likes

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:40am On Dec 27, 2017
Tithes in Judaism
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tithing in the Temple
The tithe is specifically mentioned in the Books of Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. The tithe system was organized in a seven-year cycle, the seventh-year corresponding to the Shemittah-cycle in which year tithes were broken-off, and in every third and sixth-year of this cycle the Second tithe replaced with the Poor man's tithe. These tithes were in reality more like taxes for the people of Israel and were mandatory, not optional giving. This tithe was distributed locally "within thy gates" (Deuteronomy 14:28) to support the Levites and assist the poor. Every year, Bikkurim, Terumah, Ma'aser Rishon and Terumat Ma'aser were separated from the grain, wine and oil (Deuteronomy 14:22). Initially, the commandment to separate tithes from one's produce only applied when the entire nation of Israel had settled in the Land of Israel. The Returnees from the Babylonian exile who had resettled the country were a Jewish minority, and who, although they were not obligated to tithe their produce, put themselves under a voluntary bind to do so, and which practice became obligatory upon all.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:40am On Dec 27, 2017
Terumah (Heave-offering)
The first obligation that was incumbent upon an Israelite or Jew was to separate from his harvested grain (wheat, barley, spelt, etc.), wine (including unpressed grapes) and oil (including unpressed olives) the one-fiftieth portion of these products (or one-fortieth, if he were a man of generosity; and one-sixtieth if he were stingy) and to give the same to a man of Aaron's lineage (priestly stock), who, in turn, would eat such fruits in a state of ritual cleanness, in accordance with a biblical command, "...and let him not eat of the holy things, until he bathes his flesh in water. And when the sun goes down down, he will be clean, and shall afterward eat of the holy things because it is his food" (Leviticus 22:6). This obligation was contingent upon the fact that such fruits grew in the Land of Israel. Later, the Rabbis made it an obligation to do the same for all fruits and vegetables grown in the Land of Israel, and not only to such fruits as grain, grapes and olives. With the destruction of the Temple and the cessation of ritual purity, the obligation to separate the Terumah continued unabated, although it was no longer given to a priest of Aaron's lineage, since bodily defilement was now pervasive. The general practice after the Temple's destruction was to separate the Terumah from all fruits and vegetables by removing even the slightest portion thereof, and to immediately discard it by burial or some other means of disposal (since it can no longer be eaten in the current state of ritual uncleanness, and those doing so would make themselves liable to extirpation).
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:41am On Dec 27, 2017
First tithe
The first tithe is giving of one tenth of the remaining agricultural produce (after removing from the produce the standard Terumah) to the Levite (or Aaronic priests). Historically, during the First Temple period, the first tithe was given to the Levites. Approximately at the beginning of the Second Temple construction, Ezra and his Beth din implemented its giving to the kohanim.

The Levites, also known as the Tribe of Levi, were descendants of Levi. They were assistants to the Aaronic priests (who were the children of Aaron and, therefore, a subset of the Tribe of Levi) and did not own or inherit a territorial patrimony (Numbers 18:21-28). Their function in society was that of temple functionaries, teachers and trusted civil servants who supervised the weights and scales and witnessed agreements. The goods donated from the other Israeli tribes were their source of sustenance. They received from "all Israel" a tithe of food or livestock for support, and in turn would set aside a tenth portion of that tithe (known as the Terumat hamaaser) for the Aaronic priests.

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:41am On Dec 27, 2017
Second tithe

Unlike other offerings which were restricted to consumption within the tabernacle, the second tithe could be consumed anywhere within the Walls of Jerusalem. On years one, two, four and five of the Shemittah-cycle, God commanded the Children of Israel to take a second tithe that was to be brought to the place of the Temple (Deuteronomy 14:23). The owner of the produce was to separate and bring 1/10 of his finished produce to the Old City of Jerusalem, after separating Terumah and the first tithe, but if the family lived too far from Jerusalem, the tithe could be redeemed upon coins (Deuteronomy 14:24-25). Then, the Bible required the owner of the redeemed coins to spend the tithe "to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish" (Deuteronomy 14:26). Implicit in the commandment was an obligation to spend the coins on items meant for human consumption.

Poor man's tithe

In years three and six of the Shemittah-cycle the Israelites set aside the (second) tithe instead as the poor tithe, and it was given to the strangers, orphans, and widows.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:42am On Dec 27, 2017
Terumat maaser

Terumat hamaaser was given by the Levite to the Kohen, and was one-tenth of what the Levite had received of the First-tithe. It is alluded to in the Hebrew Bible under the words, "a tithe (tenth) of the tithe" (Numbers 18:26). It, too, was considered Terumah, and was eaten by priests in a state of ritual cleanness. Today, the Terumat maaser is discarded because of general uncleanness, just as the Terumah is now discarded.

Demai

Demai (Mishnaic Hebrew: דמאי) is a Halakhic term meaning "dubious," referring to agricultural produce, the owner of which was not trusted with regard to the correct separation of the tithes assigned to the Levites, although the terumah (the part designated unto priests) was believed to have been separated from such fruits. In such "dubious" cases, all that was necessary was to separate the one-tenth portion due to the priests from the First Tithe given to the Levites, being the 1/100th part of the whole. The Second Tithe is also removed (redeemed) from the fruit in such cases of doubt.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:44am On Dec 27, 2017
Places that require tithing
The criterion for determining what places require the tithing of produce is any place within the country that was held by the Returnees from the Babylonian exile, as defined in the "Baraita of the Boundaries" of the Land of Israel;although today the land might be held by a different entity, or else worked by non-Jews, produce grown in those places would still require the separation of tithes when they come into the hand of an Israelite or Jew.

Tithes are broken-off during the Sabbatical year (such as when the ground lies fallow), during which year, all fruits, grains and vegetables that are grown of themselves in that year are considered free and ownerless property. For example, whatever lands were held by those returning from the Babylonian exile at the time of Ezra are forbidden to be ploughed and sown by any Jew during the Seventh year, and even if gentiles were to plough such land and sow it, the produce would be forbidden unto Jews to eat. On the other hand, the extension of such lands held by the people of Israel who departed Egypt and who entered the Land of Canaan under their leader, Joshua, are forbidden to be ploughed by any Jew during the Seventh year, but if gentiles had ploughed such land and sown it, the produce is permitted to be eaten by a Jew. If on a regular week-year, fruits and grains and vegetables, if grown by an Israelite in these places, would require tithing.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:47am On Dec 27, 2017
Cattle tithe
An additional tithe mentioned in the Book of Leviticus (27:32-33) is the cattle tithe, which is to be sacrificed as a korban at the Temple in Jerusalem.

Ma'aser kesafim
Ma'aser kesafim is a tithe that Jews give to charity (tzedakah), something that is done on a voluntary basis, as this practice has not been regulated in Jewish codes of law.

HAVING GONE THROUGH ALL THESE...I'M STILL AT A LOSS AS TO WHERE THE CHURCH GOT IT'S DOCTRINE OF OBLIGATORY MONETARY TITHING FROM

IF GOD HAS CLEARLY INSTRUCTED WHAT SHOULD BE TITHED, WHY DISOBEY GOD TO FOLLOW THE DOCTRINES OF GREEDY MEN?

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:51am On Dec 27, 2017
Please see the various texts from which the article was sourced. Cheers

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OkCornel(m): 4:55am On Dec 27, 2017
What makes Satan a clever and crafty liar is the ability to mix the Truth with lies to satisfy his selfish motive.

Anyone who is defending this false doctrine of monetary tithing is only borrowing a leaf from the grand master of liars and deceivers.

Even if a lie has been practised for many centuries...it would never make it the TRUTH!

Monetary tithers would see thee things I've posted and still turn a blind eye to it.

With time we would get to know if People are truly serving God or are pursuing monetary interests as their god in church.

Greedy lying agents of darkness and ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 8:46am On Dec 27, 2017
OtemAtum:
Atum isn't an atheist. BTW, Richard Dawkins didn't say that he would send the money to one sky daddy in heaven. It's just tantamount to meeting a celebrity, just the way some are paying to meet Thierry Henry in naija. It is not a compulsory money unlike tithe which if you don't pay, you are threatened to be visited by devourers.
Now you sound like you have a hang over Sir. The followers of Dawkins are promised intellectual salvation and a chance to hide from God in Atheisms Inner Circle for a tithe/fee of only N27,000.

2 Likes

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OtemAtum: 8:55am On Dec 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
Now you sound like you have a hang over Sir. The followers of Dawkins are promised intellectual salvation and a chance to hide from God in Atheisms Inner Circle for a tithe/fee of only N27,000.
Pls where is the link where Richard Dawkins promised them intellectual salvation and a chance to hide from Mirosh(the MULTIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS)? I have to hear from the horse's mouth first. I'm waiting for the link to that info. Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2017
OtemAtum:
BudaAtum you don't even know that you are a Satanic Atheist. Remember what you shouted on the roof tops of the world, you said, "THE BIBBLE IS WRITTEN BY SCAMMERS."

Only an Atheist God hater can say those words. For out of the mouth flows ..........

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by OtemAtum: 9:20am On Dec 27, 2017
ScienceWatch:
BudaAtum you don't even know that you are a Satanic Atheist. Remember what you shouted on the roof tops of the world, you said, "THE BIBBLE IS WRITTEN BY SCAMMERS."

Only an Atheist God hater can say those words. For out of the mouth flows ..........
I am not Budaatum, I am Otem. We are two separate people. I am the one who said the bible is written by scammers, not Budaatum. And why do you think that it is only an atheist that can say such a thing?

2 Likes

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by budaatum: 1:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
OtemAtum:
I am not Budaatum, I am Otem. We are two separate people. I am the one who said the bible is written by scammers, not Budaatum. And why do you think that it is only an atheist that can say such a thing?
OtemAtum, I assure you it doesn't make an ounce of difference to SW. His eye does not quite work like it ought to.

And he will never provide a link "where Richard Dawkins promised them intellectual salvation and a chance to hide from Mirosh(the MULTIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS)", as he can't provide links to imaginary thoughts that exist only in his head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by Niflheim(m): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2017
Any book that claims that one can cure leprosy with "pigeon blood".............................................WAS WRITTEN BY SCAMMERS!!!

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2017
OtemAtum:
Pls where is the link where Richard Dawkins promised them intellectual salvation and a chance to hide from Mirosh(the MULTIVERSAL CONSCIOUSNESS)? I have to hear from the horse's mouth first. I'm waiting for the link to that info. Thanks.
AAaaaaaaaah. you are a genius. You fooled me by questioning me the same way BudaAtum does. Pure genius.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by budaatum: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:
AAaaaaaaaah. you are a genius. You fooled me by questioning me the same way BudaAtum does. Pure genius.
OtemAtum knows the Atum
He exhibits intelligence and wisdom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2017
budaatum:

OtemAtum knows the Atum
He exhibits intelligence and wisdom.
Mmmmmm I see the similarity.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by budaatum: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:

BudaAtum, Can you kindly clarify your position on tithes/fees?
Buda on Tithes
I am jealous that I cannot get people to give me their money. It is not that I don't need it!

I send books to the Orolu Local Government Library. I work, save up my money and ship books there. If people gave me money, I will knock down the current dilapidated building, build a better one, and stock it with newer books. But as they say in Orolu, "Na book we go chop?" Thankfully, the readers come to me in secret and thank god.

If a person can get you to put your hands in your pocket bring out your money and give it to them, it is because they have better use for it than you do, whatever that use may be.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2017
budaatum:

Buda on Tithes
I am jealous that I cannot get people to give me their money. It is not that I don't need it!

I send books to the Orolu Local Government Library. I work, save up my money and ship books there. If people gave me money, I will knock down the current dilapidated building, build a better one, and stock it with newer books. But as they say in Orolu, "Na book we go chop?" Thankfully, the readers come to me in secret and thank god.

If a person can get you to put your hands in your pocket bring out your money and give it to them, it is because they have better use for it than you do, whatever that use may be.
What? This is the most sensible thing you ever wrote. You go dude !! Did you write it yourself?

Never mind, I want to help but if its books on Atheism, I am out dude.
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by budaatum: 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2017
ScienceWatch:

I send over 10000 books at a go, about 100 boxes or so. Most donations come from people who have a faith so I don't get that many atheist books. And the community I take books to is predominantly Christian and Muslim. The Bibles all get taken and not returned. The Qurans disappear too. People, I guess, is like that. Besides, it is a local government library used by everyone and not my personal library where i get to promote my own ideology.

Thanks for the offer to help. Go pick up a book, any book, and read it objectively. That's all the help I need from you. You may also like us if you wish
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by ScienceWatch: 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2017
budaatum:

I send over 10000 books at a go, about 100 boxes or so. Most donations come from people who have a faith so I don't get that many atheist books. And the community I take books to is predominantly Christian and Muslim. The Bibles all get taken and not returned. The Qurans disappear too. People, I guess, is like that. Besides, it is a local government library used by everyone and not my personal library where i get to promote my own ideology.

Thanks for the offer to help. Go pick up a book, any book, and read it objectively. That's all the help I need from you. You may also like us if you wish
The Qur'an, Bible and Tora are the most powerful life changing books one can possess. I don't blame them for not returning it.
You doing good work. I have never met an Atheist that helped others without ulterior selfish motives. I see the Orolu site already has more than 900 likes and followers. Hmmmm.

I hope you never own your own library. Lol

1 Like

Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by budaatum: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2017
ScienceWatch:
The Qur'an, Bible and Tora are the most powerful life changing books one can possess. I don't blame them for not returning it.
You doing good work. I have never met an Atheist that helped others without ulterior selfish motives. I see the Orolu site already has more than 900 likes and followers. Hmmmm.

You aren't exposed much, are you. There are many people of various ideologies doing good out there. We just don't claim we are doing it for some higher being. As Christ himself is alleged to have said, "in as much as ye have done for these whom ye see here.......". Read the story of the Samaritan too. You might wonder why helping the man who was robbed was of greater virtue than going to worship in the temple.

The science books disappear too. Any book gathering dust on a shelf is no good. And you know what we Nigerians are like.I am delighted people take books and don't return them. After they done with it someone else will take it off them.

I do own my own library, though I do keep clearing books off it to give away. If I didn't I'd have to sleep on them!
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by noblefrank31(m): 5:22am On Dec 29, 2017
»» Are Weary And Tired Of Life? Jesus Wants To Do A New Thing In Your Life Today! See Powerful Prayer Points For Instant Breakthroughs And Miracles!
Re: Atheistic Reply To Emusmithy Thread by kkins25(m): 7:07pm On Jul 16, 2020
ScienceWatch:
What? This is the most sensible thing you ever wrote. You go dude !! Did you write it yourself?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7 because you have limited exposure to the Buda's post lets you assume "this is the most sensible thing he has ever wrote". it is the same way your limited knowledge and practise of other religion trick you into believing in the Christian concept of God, and its associating persona(s).
ScienceWatch:
[s]The Qur'an, Bible and Tora are the most powerful life changing books one can possess. I don't blame them for not returning it.[/s]
how can they be the most powerful when you havent read the books that made Gautama Buddha into a different being. what about the books that kkins has read and finds more powerful than the afore mentioned books.

the Buda has ulterior selfish motives; the buda wants to transform the youths from "lazy" to "innovative". this the buda does to be fullfilled- i assume, so in doing it for them, he is also doing it for buda.

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do I See Double Numbers Subconsciously! / Why Did God Accepted Abel Offering,but Failed To Protect Him? / What Does The Bible Say About Obedience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.