Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? (29120 Views)

I Salute My Parents And You Can Salute Your Parents As Well(photos) / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by phollybee(m): 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hmmm... I'm a graduate, but still collect from my parent.... Hurts me die... I need job to start them back as soon as possible 08062965723

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Ugoeze2016: 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2017
I give as I am led by the spirit
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Purebeerry:
Must you drag church into it.
Yes I must! angry

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Lilmisshy: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hozier:
I give my parents 10% of my monthly income. I don't pay tithe to any church, I pay my parents my tithe.

Do you give anything to your church at all?
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lilmisshy:

Yes church offering.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by oluwakayode25(m): 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2017
You have your life to live bro...first and foremost..you have a life to live and a secondly your still trying to build an empire...I don't know how much you earn and how much you earn goes a long way in determining how much you give your parents you know!,..If you earn 100k..can you give your parents 50k from it?,,..I think you can't be giving a fixed amount of money monthly..You demands are flexible and your likely to have projects to Carry out...Give them when you can...Buy foodstuffs for them...Ask them if they need anything once in a while..Your parent's are working like you said and you need to be prudent in your spending if you intend to build anything...

6 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by byemx06(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.

awesome
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by doyinisaac(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hozier:
I give my parents 10% of my monthly income. I don't pay tithe to any church, I pay my parents my tithe.
a good idea though...

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
I work but I still collect pocket money from my parents & older brothers. cheesy so I just share some of the cash with the less prevelage make we all enjoy life together grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by oodua1stson: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Purebeerry:
Must you drag church into it.
easily offended religious goat.

Did you buy data for him for you to decide what he posts online?

Ogufe

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hozier:
Yes I must! angry
Please keep it to yourself, what's all these ones..

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by DaudaAbu(m): 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2017
Op you've not told us hw much you make monthly
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
Purebeerry:
Please keep it to yourself, what's all these ones..
It's my opinion and I have every right to air it. angry
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by verygudbadguy(m): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2017
intruder15:
D honest truth people fail to ignore is that even parents gets jealous of their son's wife. strange. but true. anything u start now and u can't keep up, they will say ur wife caused it whereas ground fit no level.
my advice.
if they are both working, cut it off. stick to festive periods only and whenever they call or u sense a pressing need. d essence is for them not to get used to u giving. then, attend to ur younger ones needs directly.
if u are thinking of placing them on a salary scale, do that when u have kids of ur own so no matter the circumstances that may arise later, they won't blame ur wife and her people. cuz u placed them on a salary scale when married. not before marriage.
parents can be weird atimes.
Good one.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Lilmisshy: 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2017
Hozier:
Yes church offering.

Learn to give more to your local church tho. The church of Christ also needs money to run.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Slayar: 10:14pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nobody addressed the topoc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by sisisioge: 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2017
I think its cool that you are thinking about it. It helps you grow deeper into the act of financial responsibility. For the fact that you are a guy and not yet married, I will suggest you keep it at the barest minimum so you could sustain your resolution even after marriage. You could do 10%...its barely a huge subtraction. You may not even feel this much. So pay your folks your tithe...if it is barely sufficient, give them every other month.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by pedrilo: 10:17pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lilmisshy:

he does not owe his church one kobo! Get out of here! The country is hard!

9 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by FromZeroToHero(m): 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2017
some people can ask questions sha. you have made up your mind on the 30k and 20k monthly stipend for your mum and dad respectively so why are you asking us. ok, give 200k to mum and 190k to dad monthly. hope you are happy now.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Lilmisshy: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2017
pedrilo:
he does not owe his church one kobo! Get out of here! The country is hard!

Nobody owes church a kobo. Probably so does God. I only gave him a piece of advice.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by pedrilo: 10:22pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lilmisshy:

Learn to give more to your local church tho. The church of Christ also needs money to run.
get out of here fast!
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by pedrilo: 10:25pm On Dec 25, 2017
Lilmisshy:

Nobody owes church a kobo. Probably so does God. I only gave him a piece of advice.
pastor, go and work for ur money! Stop dis sheer laziness! U r lazy and looking for people to feast on.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Lilmisshy: 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
pedrilo:
pastor, go and work for ur money! Stop dis sheer laziness! U r lazy and looking for people to feast on.

Did I request money from him? No. I mentioned his local church. Takia
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by godofuck231: 10:27pm On Dec 25, 2017
NoLotty7:
Hello Nairalanders, how much should be best to place both parent on monthly either as a single or married?

I have been giving money to my parents mostly during festivals and if they have any financial challenge. My mom always have the fair share from me than dad reason she take care of my young ones with it too. Now, l intend placing both parent on monthly payroll from Jan.

How much should be ok, l plan placing mom on 30k,dad on 20k, though, I'm still single planning to marry next year. What is your view on this, let's discuss.

Just have my mother alone do I send her my tithe 10 percent of what ever I earn or make,
She alone is my life link to God.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by KroKodile(m): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2017
You will have to review your constitution once you get married bro. By the way, it's like you don't trust one of your parent, otherwise I suggest you give them the cash together instead of splitting it.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by usmanbaba(m): 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
dieBYfire:
I just came here to read comments, and look out for some chronic lying monikers who are even still living with their parents...
Example is this Buffoon 2steps above me angry
Lol... Mehn, I thought I was the only one thinking the same
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 25, 2017
It depends on the need of your parents and your pocket. My mum is a retired senior civil servant and her monthly pension alone is far more than her needs. All I do is buy her plane tickets, buy her stuffs, give her treats like vacations. I give her money in bulk once in a while but not monthly.

So it depends.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2017
Abeg which parents , d ones dat are praying for me to die
Cursing me everyday
Abi which one
Dat said deh can't afford to waste their money on me

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by solid3(m): 10:45pm On Dec 25, 2017
rattlesnake:
I ONLY TITHE TO LEVITES

Where do you want to see a Levite in this age?
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by TheeDetective: 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2017
@Op; one simple advice I will give you is not to start what you know you can't finish. Would you be able to sustain this amount continuously? The most important thing is for you to make sure that your parents are well taken care of and not lack in anyway financially.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by baddooski: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.
Wisdom!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by dieBYfire: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
usmanbaba:

Lol... Mehn, I thought I was the only one thinking the same

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022 / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.