Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? (29118 Views)

I Salute My Parents And You Can Salute Your Parents As Well(photos) / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Kobicove(m): 8:02am On Dec 26, 2017
intruder15:
D honest truth people fail to ignore is that even parents gets jealous of their son's wife. strange. but true. anything u start now and u can't keep up, they will say ur wife caused it whereas ground fit no level.
my advice.
if they are both working, cut it off. stick to festive periods only and whenever they call or u sense a pressing need. d essence is for them not to get used to u giving. then, attend to ur younger ones needs directly.
if u are thinking of placing them on a salary scale, do that when u have kids of ur own so no mdatter the circumstances that may arise later, they won't blame ur wife and her people. cuz u placed them on a salary scale when married. not before marriage.
parents can be weird atimes.

This is a very good comment
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by daryoor(m): 8:53am On Dec 26, 2017
bettercreature:
You must be very stingy! You shouldn’t wait for your siblings before you do things for your parent beside it’s not suppose to be a shared responsibility.You can only advice them to contribute but don’t wait for them
Give them what you have and leave the rest

giving is for a purpose the way i will give if im the only welm earning child is different from if im the least earning.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Ekatwins: 8:56am On Dec 26, 2017
@OP: pls don't relent in helping ur parents. U get blessed for it, no matter how little u earn. It mustn't be money. It can be some food stuffs or ingredients out of the ones u buy for ur monthly upkeep. That blessing u receive from parents works and long life is guaranteed.
Yes I use to give my parents as a corper but not monthly. But as soon as l got a job of N75k I started N5k monthly. As my salary increased, I increased. As at months back, I give mum N13- N15, then dad N10. Later I found out my other siblings don't really care, dey give once in blue moon. So I confided in a friend and he advised me to have a family meeting and involve everyone to contribute according to their status and size of family. And it worked. I taxed everyone based on their pocket. We exempted d one without job. Even the 2 siblings teaching in schs earning N25k each contribute N2500 monthly. No matter how little, it makes everyone responsible for the upkeep of our parents. Our last born is responsible for collating all monies in her account. She sends a reminder to all of us b4 salary is paid and its working. We give mum 70% and dad 30%.
Cos dad is a pensioner of about N100k a month, richer than 2 of my siblings but the blessing counts.
Now there is no more pressure on me alone. My husband is aware of the family contribution.
Now am thinking of modifying it in a way that a little from the money is saved in case any of them has a pressing issue like medical attention etc and if not used withing the year, we'll use it for family Xmas party @december.
Pls involve ur siblings. Don't carry dat burden alone
Sorry for long post

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.
wowwww you made a whole book of wisdom! This actually scattered a man of God's marriage that I know of... You are blessed!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 26, 2017
I Will Advice You Don't Place Them On Salary; That Will Make You Predictable And When You Disappoint Your Future Wife Will Be Blamed. They Will Think She Influenced You. Remember, Your Parents In-law Will Also Come Into The Picture After Wedding. Give Them Any Amount Anytime As You Can Afford.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by emeijeh(m): 9:28am On Dec 26, 2017
Wish you same boss
ChiefPiiko:
I am doing good boss, compliments of the season

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by labiola: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2017
For me, my dad is late so nothing goes to him. My mum stay with me and still get 10k monthly salary and occasionally gets some money for contingency. My uncle gets 5k monthly and parent in law gets 10k. This is what I can afford now. Your heart of given and your income will determine how much to give.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by ewen: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.

you said it all. It happened to me.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by pendragon35(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2017
Emzyme:
Abeg which parents , d ones dat are praying for me to die
Cursing me everyday
Abi which one
Dat said deh can't afford to waste their money on me

bro ur own bad ooo..I no fit die..lolxxxx
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by chukzyfcbb: 12:08pm On Dec 26, 2017
can DJ cuppy place otedola on monthly stipend?
Can davido place his father on monthly stipend?

This question is only applicable if your parent is struggling. What if my parents have assets that generate millions annually?

Like someone said, this question is for those whose parents are still struggling.
For financially balanced mom and dad, just buy them gifts, visit often and support in some things, that's all.

Monthly stipend is not for all parents.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by murphybo(m): 12:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
NoLotty7:
Hello Nairalanders, how much should be best to place both parent on monthly either as a single or married?

I have been giving money to my parents mostly during festivals and if they have any financial challenge. My mom always have the fair share from me than dad reason she take care of my young ones with it too. Now, l intend placing both parent on monthly payroll from Jan.

How much should be ok, l plan placing mom on 30k,dad on 20k, though, I'm still single planning to marry next year. What is your view on this, let's discuss.
I will advise you to think twice if you can't continue the ratio after marriage before you put your incoming bride to problem...if you are a trough Yoruba or IBO man you should know what I mean
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by olalekan225(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hozier:
I give my mum 10% of my monthly income, forunately my dad earns 5 times what I earn so I buy him only gifts occasionally. I pay my parent my tithe, I pay the church Normal church offering.

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
No, it must be shared responsibility among her children. They should take turns. Nobody should shoulder taking care of parents alone.

bettercreature:
You must be very stingy! You shouldn’t wait for your siblings before you do things for your parent beside it’s not suppose to be a shared responsibility.You can only advice them to contribute but don’t wait for them
Give them what you have and leave the rest
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Miztahbk(m): 10:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lol to b honest,as their own son i gv them 500k per month...
Hw is it kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.