Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? (29119 Views)

I Salute My Parents And You Can Salute Your Parents As Well(photos) / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / What Is The Craziest Thing Your Parents Ever Told You? (screenshots Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by lereinter(m): 10:55pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.

na woman get this kind sense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by baddooski: 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2017
ladyF:
It depends on your income though. I have a fixed amount I give my mum every month.

Plus a variable amount based on logistics. Like this Christmas now, I had to add extra for Christmas money, and another one for fuel. cry

It's LadyF again grin grin grin
Madam i thank God for your life o; doing something meaningful..I still remembered vividly that you are always the first to comment on any topic that hit front page back then.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 25, 2017
I wish I could, my old man makes close to 14 times what I make monthly on the average. I can only buy him some little items to make him happy

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by lordonwils(m): 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=emeijeh post=63607249]It doesn't have to be a monthly thing..... But remember them often.

At the end, you will be greatly shamed if you have no savings to boast of.

So, remember your own savings bank account when salary drops [/quote you are indeed wise
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by emeijeh(m): 11:30pm On Dec 25, 2017
ChiefPiiko:
I wish I could, my old man makes close to 14 times what I make monthly on the average. I can only buy him some little items to make him happy

Badoo... We didn't finish our discussion the other time.

How have you been? Compliments bro
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by emeijeh(m): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2017
[quote author=lordonwils post=63609317][/quote]

Thanks man. I am humbled
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nothing. Not because I am selfish but he doesn't need it. I only buy gifts and lunch once in a while. When I visit home, I do the lawn or spring clean the family house.......no stipend for papa.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by uprightman(m): 11:39pm On Dec 25, 2017
NoLotty7:
Hello Nairalanders, how much should be best to place both parent on monthly either as a single or married?

I have been giving money to my parents mostly during festivals and if they have any financial challenge. My mom always have the fair share from me than dad reason she take care of my young ones with it too. Now, l intend placing both parent on monthly payroll from Jan.

How much should be ok, l plan placing mom on 30k,dad on 20k, though, I'm still single planning to marry next year. What is your view on this, let's discuss.
This your post is for poor parents. There's parents that have investment that gives them more than the amount you mentioned above. But for poor parents you have to call and discuss regularly with them to know their pressing needs.Some parents only need your regular call to show your concern. Even some parents only need seeing you often. Only seeing you makes them happy. I remember when I was in the village ,my uncle Will send beverages like TEA and milk and money. When my uncle visit he will discover that my grandmother will not eat those things. As for the money she will use it to buy expensive ingredients to entertain my uncle in next visit. The point I am trying to make is that you have to look closer to know what they really need. Money may not be every parent need. Individuals differs.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Chron1cle(m): 11:52pm On Dec 25, 2017
Nutase:
Don't start what you cannot finish. Place them on an amount you can continue with comfortably when you get married. Otherwise you'll cause problem for your future wife if you either reduce the amount or stop when you get married.
Is that so Tell me more

We're discussing parents, but you somehow found a way to enmesh wife into this matter.

Hope you know the world does not revolve around girlfriend/wife, thus we must not always see things from wife and girlfriend perspective.

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 12:08am On Dec 26, 2017
Emzyme:
Abeg which parents , d ones dat are praying for me to die
Cursing me everyday
Abi which one
Dat said deh can't afford to waste their money on me

This is strong.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by ladyF(f): 12:20am On Dec 26, 2017
baddooski:
Madam i thank God for your life o; doing something meaningful..I still remembered vividly that you are always the first to comment on any topic that hit front page back then.

Hmmm... the competition for FTC is more stiff now o, you can't compare it to back in the days when I was getting it back to back. I've only gotten 1 FTC after close to a week of trying. cry

But I still make FP sha, at al, at all, na him bad pass grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 26, 2017
I am doing good boss, compliments of the season
emeijeh:

Badoo... We didn't finish our discussion the other time.

How have you been? Compliments bro
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 26, 2017
intruder15:
D honest truth people fail to ignore is that even parents gets jealous of their son's wife. strange. but true. anything u start now and u can't keep up, they will say ur wife caused it whereas ground fit no level.
my advice.
if they are both working, cut it off. stick to festive periods only and whenever they call or u sense a pressing need. d essence is for them not to get used to u giving. then, attend to ur younger ones needs directly.
if u are thinking of placing them on a salary scale, do that when u have kids of ur own so no matter the circumstances that may arise later, they won't blame ur wife and her people. cuz u placed them on a salary scale when married. not before marriage.
parents can be weird atimes.
you have correct sense and reasoning!

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 26, 2017
Can i make you MINE, no pun intended?

Nutase:
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Lilmisshy:

Did I request money from him? No. I mentioned his local church. Takia

You religious lot are funny. Cos there is no social security in Nigeria, a Man has to fend for his parents - in addition to his wife and children, and you are so concerned about churches that can afford to build towns, universities, and private jets? Anyone who doesn't take good care of his wife, children and parents, but religiously pays tithes would find even Jesus heavily disappointed in him/her on judgement day.

Organized religion is a leading cause of generational poverty in this country. After paying tax in excess of 20%, paying for your own security, water, electricity e.t.c, paying for your the upkeep of your parents, siblings, wife and children, someone would still be poking their filthy fingers in your face telling you of how you are owing your pastor money. When would you gather enough money to start building your own future - business, house, retirement savings e.t.c Oh, and guess what, if you give in to every charlatan, you would find that you are also going to be in the same position as your parents decades from now - relying on your children to survive.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Mypeople2(m): 12:50am On Dec 26, 2017
dieBYfire:
I just came here to read comments, and look out for some chronic lying monikers who are even still living with their parents...
Example is this Buffoon 2steps above me angry
Bros that is not the answer to the question .Let me remind you of the question,"How much is your parents receiving from you ?Well, I give them less than
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Dec 26, 2017
NoLotty7:
Hello Nairalanders, how much should be best to place both parent on monthly either as a single or married?

I have been giving money to my parents mostly during festivals and if they have any financial challenge. My mom always have the fair share from me than dad reason she take care of my young ones with it too. Now, l intend placing both parent on monthly payroll from Jan.

How much should be ok, l plan placing mom on 30k,dad on 20k, though, I'm still single planning to marry next year. What is your view on this, let's discuss.

You have to look at this holistically..... For how long can you keep up the 50K stipends?

You are still single, once you get married, what's the affordability rationale going to be?

You would also have 2 new adopted parents inlaw. Your wife too, might want to give 50k monthly stipends.

Would both of you afford 100K monthly, considering your overall expenses?

4 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Diso60090(m): 1:44am On Dec 26, 2017
purem:
Which kyn yeye question b dis?

And the mods have to pushed it to FP?

This has violated rule 10

You think say na Yankee you dey wey you dey violated

U give ur parents moni how da 1 tay consign me?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by HydrogenLogo(m): 2:02am On Dec 26, 2017
l
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by daryoor(m): 2:35am On Dec 26, 2017
you shouldnt be doing it alone though dont u have sibling. or are you the richest child. omo ma shared responsibilty o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by cinoedhunter: 2:40am On Dec 26, 2017
Nutase:
Wife material spotted angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by saajus: 5:05am On Dec 26, 2017
Don't fix any amount so that your future wife won't get into trouble with your family.. Give according to what gets into your hands that month. If they have special needs, you can attend to them also.

Nairalanders, this is an eye opener for everyone. Don't forget your parents.

NoLotty7:

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by ImperialYoruba: 5:21am On Dec 26, 2017
NoLotty7:

I believe this topic should be pinned to the homepage. A lot of lessons should be learnt here.

OP,
I have only one parent alive but I use the virtue of both to place blessings on your head and pray that your pocket will never dry, may your intention be fruitful and rewarding, and that your life is long to also raise and groom your children in this tradition to become joy for you in old age, Amen!

Simply put, this is a welfare programme.

There are pertinent information missing so I will ask and you can clarify.

Q1. Are your parents still bringing in income?

2. Are they close to retirement?

3. Will they receive pension?

4. Do you have a living will?

5. Do they have a living wheel?

6. How old are your siblings and how many?

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by FunmyKemmy(f): 5:37am On Dec 26, 2017
Cool
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Benez: 5:55am On Dec 26, 2017
While it is a good idea, I opine that if your earning is less than 250k per month, then the budgeted amounts are too much for a start especially a bachelor like you.. Mind you, when you get married, you would have to replicate same to your in-law unless your wife is not aware. My advise is that, reduce the amounts because of future responsibilities and ensure you keep it away from your in-coming wife.

Thank you.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by correctguy101(m): 6:10am On Dec 26, 2017
hobermener:

Are you a pastor
When you hear this saying during offering an donations time in church, the pastor is indirectly asking you to respect yourself and drop the most you can afford grin grin
I remember one church one girl carry me go grin

Pastor was like : " drop something for your prophet" grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by theimmortals(m): 6:48am On Dec 26, 2017
How is that your business?

And some people will be happy disclosing how much they actually give to their parent .Before you disclose that all in the name of showing off, make sure you tell us how much it actually cost your parents to give you good education and good home up bringing.

No go do pass yourself

No dey do pass yourself
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by bettercreature(m): 6:56am On Dec 26, 2017
daryoor:
you shouldnt be doing it alone though dont u have sibling. or are you the richest child. omo ma shared responsibilty o.
You must be very stingy! You shouldn’t wait for your siblings before you do things for your parent beside it’s not suppose to be a shared responsibility.You can only advice them to contribute but don’t wait for them
Give them what you have and leave the rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by stchinedu: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2017
uprightman:
This your post is for poor parents. There's parents that have investment that gives them more than the amount you mentioned above. But for poor parents you have to call and discuss regularly with them to know their pressing needs.Some parents only need your regular call to show your concern. Even some parents only need seeing you often. Only seeing you makes them happy. I remember when I was in the village ,my uncle Will send beverages like TEA and milk and money. When my uncle visit he will discover that my grandmother will not eat those things. As for the money she will use it to buy expensive ingredients to entertain my uncle in next visit. The point I am trying to make is that you have to look closer to know what they really need. Money may not be every parent need. Individuals differs.

Nice piece. cool

Money is not all. My mum falls into this category.she keeps reminding me that all she wants is to see me often and hear from me. I built a house for her but she still would appreciate seeing me and hearing from me often.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Bamz(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2017
Nutase:

Too much sense will not kill you.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by Sike(m): 7:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Nutase:
GBAM!!!! U NO GO LOST.
Re: How Much Do You Give Your Parents As Monthly Stipend? by OmoDavido(m): 7:52am On Dec 26, 2017
Mum= 50k
Dad=120k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Little Daughter Has A Boyfriend. First Reaction? / Man Curses Out Families Who Squander Money Sent Home By Relatives Living Abroad / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.