Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (38547 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by bigtt76(f): 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
Justicealh3:
All I know the Prophet Isah and His Mother (PBUT) they're a Slave, a Servant of Almighty Allahu"

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by miraclejoy: 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

What i find with a lot of Catholics is that they do not read the Bible. Many of them are in Catholic only because it is the religion of their parents. Many do not even understand some of Catholic doctrines and so are surprised when Bible students ask probing questions. They are like why are you questioning the status quo.
Mary was a noble woman blessed by God to be mother of his only begotten Son Jesus. She was a virgin up until she gave birth to Jesus. But being a woman properly married to Joseph she had other children who are well named in the Bible - male and female. Jesus being her first, Jesus is rightly referred to as Mary's FIRSTBORN son. Luke 2:6-7. This is the undeniable truth. Dont add or take away from God's inspired word the Bible. Visit www.jw.org to learn more.
atimes ones own close relatives are also referred to as brother/sister . If you have a bible read Matthew 27:55 and Mark 15:40, Jude :1, James 1:1 you will findout whom those mention were related to Jesus. Also remember the prophecy of Ezekiel 44:1-2 . No man else can come into this earth from thesame mother.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
Osyabj:

Did any man called "Jesus " ever walk the face of this planet?

No evidence of that, except the the Bible.

No historical evidence. None.

Stop wasting your time Bible stories.

Jesus, Mithra, Osiris, Horus, etc are all man made myths designed to control the mind of man. Period.

The only religion is " Do unto others as you will have others do unto you. " period.

Who gave the above bolded command?

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by bigtt76(f): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
Bro Joseph fear naaaa! How hin wan take go enter where holy Spirit done enter before ....nor bi trouble hin de find undecided

valentineuwakwe:
Hi,

Naiarlanders, wishing you guys the very best of christmas as you are celebrate the season, please am not too good in reading the bible so i want to ask did Mary the mother of Jesus christ had other biological children after the birth of Jesus?

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
LaaJiblik:

A Jewish man marries a wife.
A Jewish man refuses to have sex with her.
Does he have erexyile dysfunction?

Do YOU have any proof that Joseph did not have sex with Mary after the Birth of Jesus?

Yeah, are you perplexed? A Jewish man still kept a woman who became pregnant without his involvement, in his house as spouse. I won't deny you your fantasies, just know you've made no point.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by victorazyvictor(m): 1:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Mary has no child apart from Jesus, that is why she still refer as Virgin.
IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.

Jesuuu!!!!!!!!!!

Funke!
Funke!
Funke!
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 1:50pm On Dec 26, 2017
miraclejoy:

atimes ones own close relatives are also referred to as brother/sister . If you have a bible read Matthew 27:55 and Mark 15:40, Jude :1, James 1:1 you will findout whom those mention were related to Jesus. Also remember the prophecy of Ezekiel 44:1-2 . No man else can come into this earth from thesame mother.

You did not answer the question: Why was Jesus referred to as Mary's FIRSTBORN son? Luke 2:6-7

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
Mark 15: 40: Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger (who is a disciple of Jesus) and of Joseph (which means Joses in greek), and Salome.

Going by "your scripture" are u now telling us that mary of clopas was the carpenter's second wife?

These are totally different people from the brothers of Jesus (James, Joseph, Jude, Simon)

Jude and Simon weren't mentioned as sons of Mary of Clopas neither was Salome mentioned as one of the brothers of Jesus

I'm done abeg.

Am arahia

Hahahaha @ they are totally different people. You should read scripture more often. So have you read Gal.1:19 before? But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother"

Same brothers mentioned in MK.6:3 were mentioned in MK15:40. Same Jude in MK.6:3 wrote Jude.1:1 "Jude, a servant of Jesus Christ and brother of James" This same Jude was also Jesus apostle, where did you get the impression that they aren't same persons? Now we've linked three out of the four and they are Children of Mary of cleopas and not mother of Jesus. Please Kindly read Matt 27:56 and John19:25 to know who the mother of those named is.

Mark 15: 40: Some women were watching from a distance. Among them were Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James the younger (who is a disciple of Jesus) and of Joseph (which means Joses in greek), and Salome.

john19:25."Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene".

If you want to know who Salome is, then see Matt. 27:56 "Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

That's all I have for you.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by adetayo234: 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
felixomor:

Dont mind him.

Cc:Adetayo234

I know wetin dey pain you
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by felixomor: 1:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

I know wetin dey pain you
If only u really knew undecided
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by linearity: 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.

Hi, please can you provide where she was still called a virgin after the facts of Jesus’ birth in the Bible?

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by ensign(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Were you created in heaven? And how do you belong there?
Adam and Eve the first humans were noy created on earth either.how did they get here?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Osyabj: 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Who gave the above bolded command?

It's a quote that predates the fable of Christianity.

All of the Bible is direct "lift " of proceeding mythologies.

Are you aware that there are at least 16 previous "virgin" born "gods" before "Jesus"?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by joey150(m): 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Vikky014:
you won't blame them they are catholics.

Sometimes people make me laugh. Catholics compiled the bible. You are studying their book, yet you don't want to take lessons from them.

Like it or not, the Catholic church is the root of Christianity. They have the final say on all bible teachings. They personally vetted the bible. If you doubt their stance on Mary as a virgin and not having any other kids, then you better also doubt the last supper and the rest of the bible.

This is for you and other protestant Christians, that are quick to act smart.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by joey150(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

If the Bible is INCOMPLETE as you imply why did God SEAL it at the end. Read Revelation chapter 22:18,19. Dont take away from the Bible and dont add to it. Why? Because it is a COMPLETE book inspired by God the Most High over all the earth.

Its not too late to learn this

Lol. Shey una no dey think?

When revelation was written, was there a bible?
Did it even exist?

Common sense should tell you that the phrase is referring to only the book of revelation.

Quick to argue, slow to think.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Deo1986(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Can't believe any rational being would still be deluded by this fairytale cooked up by Romans some 2000 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by LeoFish92(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Yeah, are you perplexed? A Jewish man still kept a woman who became pregnant without his involvement, in his house as spouse. I won't deny you your fantasies, just know you've made no point.

I guess the Angel appeared the second time after the birth of Jesus and warned him never to make love to his wife.... Smh
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Kennydoc(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Lies!!
Kindly read these 2 scriptures:

Luke 1:36 (KJV)
And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.
Also see Luke 1:58.

Mark 6:3 (KJV)
Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.

Catholic Church teaches that Mary had no other children to justify their worship of Mary as a supernatural human. All that is idolatry.

Mary is still referred to as virgin cos she was and is still the only woman that had a child without sexual contact with a man, and she gave birth to divinity clothed with humanity. No other person has had, and will ever have an immaculate conception again.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by amakadihot87(f): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
victorakpabome:

Oh God angry

It's Mary Magdalene and not Mary the mother of Jesus Christ.
..........lol how do u know?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

You did not answer the question: Why was Jesus referred to as Mary's FIRSTBORN son? Luke 2:6-7

It is because Firstborn is a reality and a title, It is used to refer to the one who opened a womb, it is conferred naturally at birth, it does not wait to be given only when you get siblings. see Ex.13:2

"Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine".
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 2:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
Osyabj:

It's a quote that predates the fable of Christianity.

All of the Bible is direct "lift " of proceeding mythologies.

Are you aware that there are at least 16 previous "virgin" born "gods" before "Jesus"?

I have no reason to doubt you on those claims. But of all books that exist, there is only one that is inspired of God, the Creator of the Universe and the Most High over all the earth and that is the BIBLE. It is the book i can trust to tell the truth about where i am coming from, where i am in the stream if time and where i am going. A book that can interprete itself, that is the wonderful book, the Holy Scriptures, the Bible.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 2:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
LeoFish92:

I guess the Angel appeared the second time after the birth of Jesus and warned him never to make love to his wife.... Smh

We wouldn't know, would we?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by linearity: 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2017
AkunnaTochi:

Yes, it is possible Joseph never consummated his marriage. You are trying to analyse an event that took place over 2000 years with your 21st century brain.

Matt. 1:24-25:
“Then Joseph....took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”

Meaning...
1. Joseph consummated his marriage with Mary, but waited until Jesus was born.

2. Jesus was not the only child of Mary, he was the firstborn son.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by omolorlarh: 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
Karlovich:
Mary was a promiscuous wh*re who deceived Joseph into taking care of an illegitimate child. she deserved to be stoned to death
SMH
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by enigmaticlion: 2:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
tankoaquila:

Jesus was never a slave but a son
Na moooohamed be slave and pig ass paedophile loving gangstar.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by enigmaticlion: 2:24pm On Dec 26, 2017
Justicealh3:
All I know the Prophet Isah and His Mother (PBUT) they're a Slave, a Servant of Almighty Allahu"
Na moooohamed be slave and pig ass paedophile loving gangstar
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Why not compare these scriptures:

1."Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him".(Mk6:3)

With this:

2."There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome".Mk15:40

And who is this Mary mother of James and Joses? St. John says:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene". john19:25

They were not Mary's children. Scripture never said so.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Why not compare these scriptures:

1."Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him".(Mk6:3)

With this:

2."There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome".Mk15:40

And who is this Mary mother of James and Joses? St. John says:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene". john19:25

They were not Mary's children. Scripture never said so.

Can someone see here what we are talking about? Mary the wife of Cleopas was called SISTER to Mary the mother of Jesus.
Now, no reasonable parent gives his children the same names.
If Mary the wife of Cleopas was the sister of Mary in the Biological sense, would they both bear same name - MARY?
Isn't this a clear indication that the Jews, like the Igbos of Nigeria, address their relatives as brothers and sisters?
Does the Scriptural reference to James and Joses as the brothers of Jesus enough proof that they were Mary's biological children?
Does the scripture say anywhere that they were Mary's children?

If Mary indeed gave birth to other children, where were they when Mary and Joseph took just Jesus to the Passover feast? The Scripture indicates they travelled in the company of their relatives, so, who did they leave these other children with?

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Leonbonapart(m): 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2017
Justicealh3:
lost fool
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017,

The Ethiopian Bible is the most completed and oldest one compared to others.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 2:35pm On Dec 26, 2017
linearity:

Matt. 1:24-25:
“Then Joseph....took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.”

Meaning...
1. Joseph consummated his marriage with Mary, but waited until Jesus was born.

2. Jesus was not the only child of Mary, he was the firstborn son.

Answers
1a. 1 Timothy 4:13, Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to exhortation, to teaching.

Does this mean Timothy should stop teaching after Paul comes?

1b. 1corinthians 15:25, For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet

Does this mean Christ reign will end afterwards?

2. Firstborn is a reality and a title, It is used to refer to the one who opened a womb, it is conferred naturally at birth, it does not wait to be given only when you get siblings. see Ex.13:2

"Sanctify unto me all the firstborn, whatsoever openeth the womb among the children of Israel, both of man and of beast: it is mine".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

'9 Diseases Your Pastor Lies To You About' - Aroms Aigbehi / Christians In Lagos Pray For Fire In A House To Stop (Video) / Pope Leo X And His Most Infamous Declaration About Christianity!a Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.