Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (38488 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by kid23(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2017
No she did not

Joseph was already married before Mary

And then again when Jesus Christ was on d cross what did he say to John?

He told him behold your mother and to Mary behold your son.And after that John took her and started taking care of her.

Why will he hand his mother over to his disciple if he had other brothers

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by AceRoyal: 11:13am On Dec 26, 2017
Yes she did
Matthew 12:46-50
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by adetayo234: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2017
xtybliss:
adetayo support your ' she didn't' is that the only thing you can write?

First off, there was no distinction between brother, cousin or other male relatives in the ancient days. You can only tell if she had other children if the Bible actually mentioned that she or Joseph has other kids, but the Bible never said that.

Secondly, when Jesus was dying at the cross, he handed his mother to one of his disciples. Why would he do that if Mary had other kids? I mean, Mary could have just gone to her other kids now. And Jesus wouldn't have needed to even bother about such an issue since her mother had other kids.

5 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2017
smiley
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by LaaJiblik: 11:14am On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Is like they placed a curse on your life, abi? Or did you inherit the everlasting damnation from your imbbecile parents? If you don't agree with me, shouldn't you ask me to explain; that is, if you haven't exchange your brain for ten naira groundnut?

At last, he has written 3 full sentences.
Well done.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by brainpulse: 11:15am On Dec 26, 2017
brainpulse:
They had their children after God used them as vessels.

Or a carpenter after working for a whole day, we see his wife and will not want to have intercourse with her or you are saying Joseph was a mastubator
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by adetayo234: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2017
AceRoyal:
Yes she did
Matthew 12:46-50

No, she didn't
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Nauttyprof:

Mary had other children and after the birth of Christ. Christ birth was a virgin birth. Jesus had not just brothers but Sisters

See Matthew 13:55-56
“Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?
Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?”

Why not compare these scriptures:

1."Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him".(Mk6:3)

With this:

2."There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome".Mk15:40

And who is this Mary mother of James and Joses? St. John says:

"Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene". john19:25

They were not Mary's children. Scripture never said so.

7 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Mary had four other sons, Joseph, James, Jude, and Simon. Because of the virgin birth, Joseph was not the father of Jesus so these were the half brothers of Jesus. The last three mentioned are not to be confused with those who were disciples of Jesus by the same name. Here are some passages where the other sons of Mary by Joseph are mentioned ( Matt. 12:46; 13:55 ; Mark 6:3 ;
John 2:12; 7:3, 5, 10 ; Acts 1:14 ; 1 Cor. 9:5 ; Gal. 1:19 )
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

Is like they placed a curse on your life, abi? Or did you inherit the everlasting damnation from your imbbecile parents? If you don't agree with me, shouldn't you ask me to explain; that is, if you haven't exchange your brain for ten naira groundnut?

SAVAGE grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Mary has no child apart from Jesus, that is why she still refer as Virgin.
IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.
lols, go read your bible again. The "virgin" was because of how Jesus was conceived. Mary had other children.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by agwom(m): 11:20am On Dec 26, 2017
yeyerolling:
Na Joseph fuk marry wey she born Jesus. Simple truth. If u lik quote me na u sabi
chai! God forgive you
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 11:22am On Dec 26, 2017
VIPERVENOM:
Mary had four other sons, Joseph, James, Jude, and Simon. Because of the virgin birth, Joseph was not the father of Jesus so these were the half brothers of Jesus. The last three mentioned are not to be confused with those who were disciples of Jesus by the same name. Here are some passages where the other sons of Mary by Joseph are mentioned ( Matt. 12:46; 13:55 ; Mark 6:3 ;
John 2:12; 7:3, 5, 10 ; Acts 1:14 ; 1 Cor. 9:5 ; Gal. 1:19 )

Never did scripture mention the Virgin Mary as the mother of those mentioned. Rather Scripture mentioned the name of their mother in John 19:25, Mk.15:40 and clearly shows it wasn't Mary the mother of Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nanacious: 11:23am On Dec 26, 2017
LadyVv:
ATM should have Timers.. When your time
is up & u are still there, it should seize ur
card and spray tear Gas in ur eyes
Brother you dey do ur I. T for there ni?
That is it. some people can always be like i have to make sure i solve this maths equation on A.T.M.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by ObiF24(m): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2017
She didn't ooooooooo.
once u hv a blood line in Jew...u automatically become brothers n sisters......if u are still thomas...Y were they not in the crucifixion site...Y did Jesus has to command John the apostle to take care of the mother at the point death and not the blood sisters n brothers as u so claim.......Y were they not at upper room were the mother was with the apostles.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by enemyofprogress: 11:24am On Dec 26, 2017
Yes she did,I am one of them

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by BenzEne1(m): 11:24am On Dec 26, 2017
toye440:

I notice NL to b a very bias platform. on Fridays wen this uncircumcised Philistines upload their trash Christians r blocked from commenting, in fact u hv to take oath. but wen it comes to Christian matters every Philistine is given access easily. Since wen has NL start taking sides?

Ummm, it's true the mods for some ignoble reason put the shahadah as a requirement for comments on an Islamic topic. I dunno about mist muslims on here but its totally flawed. I think.some muslims feel the insults from you folks aren't permissible. This doesn't stop some of you from clicking yes to the shahadah and spewing same insults. So its really not useful. And a gain our prophet has told us to seek for knowledge and teach others that knowledge for some have been misled about affairs of the religion. If the mods could take down the shahadah and employ it for its real purpose in welcoming converts, it would give us that much needed civility.

Then to your.insults tho. Are those really necessary. I'm a muslim and I'm circumcised. I would show it to you but that is haram and unethical. Where do you get the idea that muslims don't circumcise. This is another reason you need the right knowledge about Islam.

4 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Cute9gerian: 11:24am On Dec 26, 2017
[quote author=adetayo234 post=63618565]if you are talking about virgin birth,there are several other ancient deities that were all born of virgins take Horus,mithra,Dionysus,krisna for instance

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 11:25am On Dec 26, 2017
adetayo234:

No, she didn't

You're right. They can check my posts above for scripture.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by enemyofprogress: 11:25am On Dec 26, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Even if she did I don't see of how much importance it is. Our focus in the Bible, and thru out History have always been on the people who made impact, not their relatives.
the op asked a very simple question, if you you don't have the answer, shut the fok up
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by enemyofprogress: 11:27am On Dec 26, 2017
toye440:

I notice NL to b a very bias platform. on Fridays wen this uncircumcised Philistines upload their trash Christians r blocked from commenting, in fact u hv to take oath. but wen it comes to Christian matters every Philistine is given access easily. Since wen has NL start taking sides?
don't mind seun, on the last day he will give account of this before God and if him no get better answer na hell straight,no ojoro
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Youngzedd(m): 11:27am On Dec 26, 2017
AkunnaTochi:

Yes, it is possible Joseph never consummated his marriage. You are trying to analyse an event that took place over 2000 years with your 21st century brain.

This one weak me grin
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by fajob: 11:30am On Dec 26, 2017
Karlovich:
Mary was a promiscuous wh*re who deceived Joseph into taking care of an illegitimate child. she deserved to be stoned to death
u lack wisdom

Merry Xmass to Nairalanders from www.jolagict.com
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Jimy66(m): 11:31am On Dec 26, 2017
James
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Godfather898989: 11:31am On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.
You must be a catholic...accept the simple truth she had children.

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by amunkita(m): 11:32am On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

I know you re a catholic but stop lying against the bible..

Go to Mark 6 vs 3, nd see the other children of Mary..

2 Likes

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Ehm pls how can someone who have given birth be called a VIRGIN

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nightking04(m): 11:37am On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Mary had other children, but Jesus was the first.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by makoota: 11:42am On Dec 26, 2017
Wwhy did Jesus then say to John Son behod thy mother. Why not the other son
Mrjo:
he had one of them is james that always with peter at
jeruslame
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Maisamari1994: 11:43am On Dec 26, 2017
Justicealh3:
All I know the Prophet Isah and His Mother (PBUT) they're a Slave, a Servant of Almighty Allahu"
you don't even know anything, stop saying.. Because no saying is there for people WHO don't know anything...
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:44am On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Never did scripture mention the Virgin Mary as the mother of those mentioned. Rather Scripture mentioned the name of their mother in John 19:25, Mk.15:40 and clearly shows it wasn't Mary the mother of Jesus.
The scripture mentioned it multiple times

Matthew 13:55-56 " Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us ? Where then did this man get all these things?

Mark 6:3 " Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joses, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us ?"

Mt 12:46 While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. 47 And someone said to Him, " Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You." 48 But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" 49 And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers

John 2:12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by ensamy(m): 11:45am On Dec 26, 2017
Yes she had other children.
Mary, was about 13yrs old when
she was betrothed to the widower,
Joseph. cool tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) / Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.