Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? (38494 Views)

Discovery Of Galilee Boat From Jesus' Time Proves Bible Accurate - Video, Photos / What If Jesus Did Not Resurrect? / Would Mary Have Been Chosen To Be The Mother Of Jesus If She Wasn't A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2017
Osyabj:

My brother, forget the Bible.

Look at supposedly educated Nigerians arguing over useless details based on the fable story called the Bible.

None of them are aware that Christianity is nothing but the worship of the Sun.

The 12 deciples of Jesus is the twelve signs of zodiac.

Hence, Christians day of worship is "sun's" "day" or Sunday!

It is sad indeed to see a generation of Nigerians being totally oblivious to the fact that the Bible story is 100% man made, designed to control their minds and steal their commonwealth.

Sad indeed

Undoubtedly, you have not read the Bible. I wish you had studied it you would have a different opinion. The only book inspired by God himself. Apart from creation, only the Bible provides answers to questions like:

Where do humans come from?
Where are we in the stream of time?
Where is humanity headed?

From the Bible you can learn about major events that will happen even in the next 1,000 years ahead.

Take your time to study it, you will love it if you are honest-hearted.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 5:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:

So you think the womb where the Holies of Holies, the Lord of Host dwelt would not be consecrated for God alone

The Lord of Host is a title that applies only to God and not to Jesus Christ. This was how the ancient prophets referred to God Almighty even before Jesus was born.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Emyogalanya: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:

So you think the womb where the Holies of Holies, the Lord of Host dwelt would not be consecrated for God alone
SO HOW DOES HAVING OTHER CHILDREN MAKES IT LESS CONSECRATED. DID SHE HAVE THEM OUTSIDE WEDLOCK ? THE BIBLE SAYS MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL WITH THE MARRIAGE BED UNDEFILED. AFTER ALL HE IS THE FIRST BORN FROM THAT WOMB
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Emyogalanya:
SO HOW DOES HAVING OTHER CHILDREN MAKES IT LESS CONSECRATED. DID SHE HAVE THEM OUTSIDE WEDLOCK ? THE BIBLE SAYS MARRIAGE IS HONOURABLE IN ALL WITH THE MARRIAGE BED UNDEFILED. AFTER ALL HE IS THE FIRST BORN FROM THAT WOMB

Thank you dear.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by MosesAlex: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

The Lord of Host is a title that applies only to God and not to Jesus Christ. This was how the ancient prophets referred to God Almighty even before Jesus was born.
The angels were told to worship him. Heb1:6
Without Him nothing was created that was created John 1
Or don't you know at the mention of His Name all in heaven, on earth and beneath it bow.
Don't you know that Jesus is God
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Emyogalanya: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

We all don't reason same way my dear, that's life. My question to you is this "Is it impossible "?
YES ITS IMPOSSIBLE. YOU WANT TO PROVE ME WRONG?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by MosesAlex: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Thank you dear.
Consecrated here means for a singular purpose of bearing Jesus. The King of Kings. I wonder it is difficult for you to believe that the womb of Mary was consecrated biologically for her biological Son alone Jesus.

See the identity of the brothers of Jesus so that so may understand that these are sons of Alpheus.

The brothers of Jesus listed in Matthew 13: 55 are James and Joseph and Simon and Jude.

Gal 1.19 Identifies one of the apostles James (the less) as the brother of Jesus. (Note two of the twelve apostles bear James. One the son of Zebedee and the other son of Alpheus)

Luke 6:15: Says James father is Alpheus (not Joseph, ).
Luke 6:16: identifies the apostle Jude as the brother of James the less.
Mark 15: 40 Acknowledges that the mother of James the less is also the mother of Joseph. Hence James and Joseph are brothers. So with this we can see that James the less, Jude and Joseph listed as brothers of Jesus in Matthew 13:55 have been identified .
John 19:25 Identifies Mary of Cleopas(Alpheus) as the sister of Mary the mother of Jesus.( Note Cleopas is the Greek version of the Aramaic name Alpheus).

So we are left with just one of the brothers of Jesus to identify. That's your assignment
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by bloodofthelamb(m): 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ladyhippolyta88:
Don't deceive yourself like as if the bible is infallible.And what I wrote has nothing to do with catholicism If you like believe it or not.Nigerian Christians want to know more than the people that brought it.

What do you mean by Nigeria Christians want to know more than the people that brought it?

Is salvation oyibo thing, or GOD thing?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by cyrilamx(m): 6:18pm On Dec 26, 2017
Plz take ur liberalism away frm here. Most of u are so rational minded that you devoid of anything spiritual. What can't be reasoned out is termed a lie. Even one of the greatest pioneer of free thinking who wrote so much against faith, Immanuel Kant; recanted his error on his death bed. The world has seen many of ur type...and you know what: they ended up embracing the truth they once fought against. The virgin birth and perpetual virginity are some of these revealed truth ur rational mind can't comprehend.
ezenwajosh:

Am no Pentecostal....and I can't believe something like that....because martin Luther or john Calvin and church fathers blvd it.....the truth is Mary was not a virgin and the holy spirit didn't make her conceive....all this all fictional..... Ua the ones bringing the story to life in ur heads.....SO BECAUSE TINUBU TOLD U TO SUPPORT BUHARI AGAIN....U WILL? pls don't tell me about martin luther
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Syncan(m): 6:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

We would not go into all this if you stuck to what is revealed. What is revealed is clear: Mary had other children after giving birth to Jesus. Matthew chapter clearly says that Joseph marriage to Mary continued after the birth of Jesus.

Remember that when Mary was bethrothed to Joseph they had no knowlwdge what was going to transpire. They got on with the intention to consummate the marriage afterwards.

You are giving the impression that leaves Joseph out of the equation. Can you tell me please: why was Mary engaged to Joseph to marry. So they wanted to marry and not have children? Was that a common practice among the Jews?

Joseph had intercourse with Mary as his own wife after the birth of Jesus. That is the revealed truth. Stick with it.

There is no room for assumption. Luke called Elizabeth cousin of Mary; that historian could have simply referred to Elizabeth as sister and yet he did not.

Joseph's complaint that you referred to was not like I NEVER WANTED TO HAVE A CHILD WHY DID MARY BECOME PREGNANT? His complaint was that he had never had intercourse with Mary why would she get pregnant? That incident was to show that Mary was pure, a virgin while courting Joseph. But her virginity ended, according to Matthew chapter 1:25 when she had Jesus and her marriage to Joseph continued.

MARY NEVER REMAINED A VIRGIN AFTER THE BIRTH OF JESUS, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.

Speculation Galore!

1. "Mary had other children after giving birth to Jesus"
It is you who bring speculations in here. I make bold to say again, the bible NEVER MENTIONED ANY CHILDREN OF MARY APART FROM JESUS. All over Scripture you have Mary mother of Jesus, no where was it mentioned Mary mother of any other Person, if not, then show me. The brethren you erroneously hold to, I have shown you who their mother is, its not hidden, scripture made sure it was not hidden.

2. "Joseph had intercourse with Mary as his own wife after the birth of Jesus"
Again you bring your speculations here again, i have shown how the word "Until" does not mean that the condition changed. "For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet" does not mean the reign of Jesus will end when the enemies are under His feet. 1corinthians 15:25

3. "Luke called Elizabeth cousin of Mary; that historian could have simply referred to Elizabeth as sister and yet he did not".
Here you try to insinuate that Luke only uses brethren for siblings of same womb, Isn't Luke the one who wrote the Acts of Apostles?
Now tell me if it was siblings of same womb with Peter he was talking about here. "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do"? Note that Same "Adelphos" was used in referring to the brethren of Jesus.

4. "They got on with the intention to consummate the marriage afterwards"
Food for thought on the relationship of Mary and Joseph. Why did Mary (a lady betrothed) say "How can this be, since I know no man" Lk.1:34, remember the angel used future tense in speaking to her, yet she asked that question.

Keep on speculating, don't focus on what has been revealed. My duty is to point it out to you.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nauttyprof(m): 6:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
Puzzypleazer:

Since she started fucking upandan after Jesus birth, why do people call her Virgin Mary

Let's not joke with things. The truth is that the Catholics out of trying to make the birth of Christ sacred and the person whom through Christ was born, they decided to twist the Bible to suit their motive.

They failed to agree with the fact that the major focus is that Christ didn't exist as a result of human sexual intercourse and the womb from which Christ was born is of a 'pure and undefiled' one. This is the best way I can explain the situation.

What is of importance is how Christ came to the world and not the vessel retaining virginity status throughout because of the birth.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nauttyprof(m): 6:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:

Consecrated here means for a singular purpose of bearing Jesus. The King of Kings. I wonder it is difficult for you to believe that the womb of Mary was consecrated biologically for her biological Son alone Jesus.

See the identity of the brothers of Jesus so that so may understand that these are sons of Alpheus.

The brothers of Jesus listed in Matthew 13: 55 are James and Joseph and Simon and Jude.

Gal 1.19 Identifies one of the apostles James (the less) as the brother of Jesus. (Note two of the twelve apostles bear James. One the son of Zebedee and the other son of Alpheus)

Mark 15: 40 Acknowledges that the mother of James the less is also the mother of Joseph. Hence James and Joseph are brothers. So with this we can see that James the less, Jude and Joseph listed as brothers of Jesus in Matthew 13:55 have been identified .
John 19:25 Identifies Mary of Cleopas(Alpheus) as the sister of Mary the mother of Jesus.( Note Cleopas is the Greek version of the Aramaic name Alpheus).

So we are left with just one of the brothers of Jesus to identify. That's your assignment

Brother, why are you lying just to suit your motive? Bible never mentioned James the less in Galatians 1:19. I have checked most Bible Translations and have not found less attached to it.

Why can't you just be silent where the Bible never spoke. Stop teaching people your view but allow the Bible speak.

The Bible clearly states, James, the Lord's brother.

Don't teach assumptions or human view.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:48pm On Dec 26, 2017
PrecisionFx:

That's a very irrelevant question.

The regular question is **WHY DID MARY LIVE IN THE HOUSE OF A MAN SHE ISN'T MARRIED TO?**

make banana fall on you....
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by LaaJiblik: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Do you have any proof that he did?

Do you have any proof that he DIDN'T?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:
Mt 1:25 And he knew her not till she brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Simply means Jesus conception was not by man. It means that Joseph was not the biological father of Jesus for emphasis sake

Correct brother.
I'm very proud of you.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by urahara(m): 7:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
HeyCorleone:
Even if she did I don't see of how much importance it is. Our focus in the Bible, and thru out History have always been on the people who made impact, not their relatives.

it's a bane to catholics
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 7:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:

The angels were told to worship him. Heb1:6
Without Him nothing was created that was created John 1
Or don't you know at the mention of His Name all in heaven, on earth and beneath it bow.
Don't you know that Jesus is God

The Bible clearly says that Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God. Do you have a different opinion?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2017
MosesAlex:

Where does the Bible say that Mary's womb was consecrated
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by femi4: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Mary has no child apart from Jesus, that is why she still refer as Virgin.
IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.
Ode! You mean Joseph and Mary never had sex after Jesus was born
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 7:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
Syncan:

Speculation Galore!

1. "Mary had other children after giving birth to Jesus"
It is you who bring speculations in here. I make bold to say again, the bible NEVER MENTIONED ANY CHILDREN OF MARY APART FROM JESUS. All over Scripture you have Mary mother of Jesus, no where was it mentioned Mary mother of any other Person, if not, then show me. The brethren you erroneously hold to, I have shown you who their mother is, its not hidden, scripture made sure it was not hidden.

2. "Joseph had intercourse with Mary as his own wife after the birth of Jesus"
Again you bring your speculations here again, i have shown how the word "Until" does not mean that the condition changed. "For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet" does not mean the reign of Jesus will end when the enemies are under His feet. 1corinthians 15:25

3. "Luke called Elizabeth cousin of Mary; that historian could have simply referred to Elizabeth as sister and yet he did not".
Here you try to insinuate that Luke only uses brethren for siblings of same womb, Isn't Luke the one who wrote the Acts of Apostles?
Now tell me if it was siblings of same womb with Peter he was talking about here. "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do"? Note that Same "Adelphos" was used in referring to the brethren of Jesus.

4. "They got on with the intention to consummate the marriage afterwards"
Food for thought on the relationship of Mary and Joseph. Why did Mary (a lady betrothed) say "How can this be, since I know no man" Lk.1:34, remember the angel used future tense in speaking to her, yet she asked that question.

Keep on speculating, don't focus on what has been revealed. My duty is to point it out to you.

You never cease to amaze me and all honest-hearted readers here. How can you make such assumptions and claim they are revelations.
If your arguements do not hold water why not be humble enough to accept the truth. Must you go against every rationality? How can you flush a clear statement of a Bible writer that James was the Lord's brother with a harmless statement of Luke where he simply referred to believers as brethren or brothers. I know you know that the word brethren can refer to brothers and sisters. How can you compare that with where the Bible clearly refers to James as the BROTHER of Jesus? Is that how to compare Scriptures with Scriptures? Matthew 1:25 is too clear to be interpreted unless you want English people to change their own language to push up your argument.

I have one recommendation though. Pick up a version of the Bible in your own language, perhaps you will find it easier than the English language. You may be surprised it will help you to unlearn the false teaching which you have held so dear.

1 Like

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by linearity: 7:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
WOruGunu:
The issue of brothers of Jesus came from the inability of the Jews not being able to differentiate between brothers,cousin and step brothers.
But the Roman Catholic where able to go deep down the history and culture lane of the Jews were they found out that those being called the brothers of Jesus were actually is cousins, as there was no name to for cousin in Hebrew back then.
So Jesus had cousin brothers only.

What you are trying to do, is to prove a negative; which is impossible.

Facts:
1. There is no reference in the Bible stating that Jesus did not have brothers or sisters.
2. There is no reference stating that Mary did not have other children.
3. There are many references stating that Jesus have at least a brother and at least a sister.
4. There are many references stating that Mary have other children apart from Jesus.

The greek word used in the new testament to description Jesus' brothers and sisters is 'adelphoi', it means 'from the womb'; which means Jesus and those referenced as his brothers and sisters are from the same womb.

But, the Catholics confuses this with the Hebrew word "ben-dod", which means 'son of a paternal uncle. It is the Hebrew that do not have a word that differentiates between brother, cousin, etc..they all use the word "ben-dod"....but Greek with which the new testament was written have definite words for brothers/sisters, which is 'adelphoi'. If the reference to 'brothers & Sisters" were in the Old testament, then your argument might have some validity, since some portion of the old testament were written in Hebrew, but the new testament was written in greek.

The Catholics believed otherwise and they have references that are not in the Bible and in their reference they believe that Joseph and not Mary had other children and these were actually Jesus' step brothers and sisters. This position is not supported by the scriptures and trying to use the facts in the scriptures to prove these, is like proving a negative, which is impossible.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by LeonOgu(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
femi4:
Ode! You mean Joseph and Mary never had sex after Jesus was born

Na you be Ode! Did you catch them when they were having the sex? Use your brain well
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by jamislaw(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
toye440:

TELL US MORE ABOUT AISHA, D little 6 yrs old girl, dem d oldman no take am easy on her though.
Is Aisha your god? How comes your god haves four brothers and sister...................we just de laugh una mumu for here.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2017
LeonOgu:

Na you be Ode! Did you catch them when they were having the sex? Use your brain well

The question is did Mary stop being the wife of Joseph after the birth of Jesus? If Mary continued to be the wife of Joseph, will it be unreasonable to expect that a husband will sleep with his wife? Did Joseph divorce Mary after Jesus' birth?

Waiting for.your answer please.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by aguyph: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
Aleis:

Mary has no child apart from Jesus, that is why she still refer as Virgin.
IN the Hebrew, there is no clear distinction BTW cousins, brother and sons. Those u see mentioned, are his cousins not brothers.

Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by toye440: 8:03pm On Dec 26, 2017
jamislaw:
Is Aisha your god? How comes your god haves four brothers and sister...................we just de laugh una mumu for here.
Me just wan congratulate una foolishness cos d height of mumuness ends with una Gods d Arabs, but if dem see una for libya dem go still sell d monkey for small coins. Chai una mumu wear Gucci shoes o.
Anyway i just pity d small innocent girl as d guy dey shine her Congo before time.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Osyabj: 8:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
Investnow2017:

Undoubtedly, you have not read the Bible. I wish you had studied it you would have a different opinion. The only book inspired by God himself. Apart from creation, only the Bible provides answers to questions like:

Where do humans come from?
Where are we in the stream of time?
Where is humanity headed?

From the Bible you can learn about major events that will happen even in the next 1,000 years ahead.

Take your time to study it, you will love it if you are honest-hearted.

I have read the Bible, so have millions of people who have also read the fable, but they know the fact that the Bible is a rehash of previous mythologies.

Just use the largest library on the planet, google and learn the facts.

Christianity is nothing but Sun worshipping. Period.

There are numerous godmen before the fable of Jesus who were "born of virgin" born on December 25, were crucified, died, rose from death after 3 days, performed "miracles" etc.

Are you aware of facts stated above?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Trust comments on dis media at ur peril. Read ur bible and allow Holy Spirit to guide while u assimilate. 21st century Children will find it difficult faith and culture of Jesus,Mary and Joseph.
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by Investnow2017: 8:14pm On Dec 26, 2017
Osyabj:

I have read the Bible, so have millions of people who have also read the fable, but they know the fact that the Bible is a rehash of previous mythologies.

Just use the largest library on the planet, google and learn the facts.

Christianity is nothing but Sun worshipping. Period.

There are numerous godmen before the fable of Jesus who were "born of virgin" born on December 25, were crucified, died, rose from death after 3 days, performed "miracles" etc.

Are you aware of facts stated above?

What exactly your point?
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by femi4: 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2017
LeonOgu:

Oponu!
Re: Birth Of Jesus: Did Mary Have Other Children Aside From Jesus Christ? by jamislaw(m): 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
toye440:

Me just wan congratulate una foolishness cos d height of mumuness ends with una Gods d Arabs, but if dem see una for libya dem go still sell d monkey for small coins. Chai una mumu wear Gucci shoes o.
Anyway i just pity d small innocent girl as d guy dey shine her Congo before time.
so your god has four brothers and sister.......looooooooooooll.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) / Female Pastor Ends Prayer As Member Asks For Anointing To Open Own Church / Catholic Church Pulls Out Of CAN!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.