Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. (75072 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2016
Professor554:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/russian-fans-balaclavas-attack-england-8170297

This guys are animals!! Even in another man's land. Smh
I struggle to understand why this is news to anyone. cheesy Respect is not in their dictionary.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2016
FBS:

I struggle to understand why this is news to anyone. cheesy Respect is not in their dictionary.

But bros, i think this problem is from the government.. Do you guys at all have russian friends at all? The guys especially .
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
Professor554:

But bros, i think this problem is from the government.. Do you guys at all have russian friends at all? The guys especially .
Again this is no news. It's the mentality that EVERYONE is against them and that's basically how the govt want it. Normal things.

By friends you mean close friends or people you just hang out with sometimes? Party things and all?

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2016
FBS:

Again this is no news. It's the mentality that EVERYONE is against them and that's basically how the govt want it. Normal things.

By friends you mean close friends or people you just hang out with sometimes? Party things and all?

Haha, close friend ke, i can't trust a white mean talkmore of a russian one. I mean just to hang out. Wait o! Upon the racism wuna they party for that side? And how are their ladies? Whats like their view towards blacks and them be racist too?? Teachers too and so on. Gist me bros grin
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 6:42am On Jun 16, 2016
Professor554:

Haha, close friend ke, i can't trust a white mean talkmore of a russian one. I mean just to hang out. Wait o! Upon the racism wuna they party for that side? And how are their ladies? Whats like their view towards blacks and them be racist too?? Teachers too and so on. Gist me bros grin
Nobody likes to party like them. it's 24/7. Any small opportunity like this, na booze and party straight grin.... Which even sometimes can be dangerous.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:13am On Jun 16, 2016
FBS:
Nobody likes to party like them. it's 24/7. Any small opportunity like this, na booze and party straight grin.... Which even sometimes can be dangerous.

That is what i am talking about. They can easily attack someone there when drunk and russians are strong in nature, one cannot easily beat them physically. My friend has a russian gf (galina) she drinks vodka alot, because of her, he speaks russian fluently, when we chatted last she told me she is from irusk or so in russia but based in Canada. ..have you been attacked before in russia?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by bayoshenko(m): 11:38am On Jun 16, 2016
Many people making statements here are probably talking from hearsay. It is not good to use someone else's personal experience to make a general statement about a whole people or country. I have had good experiences and bad experiences in Nigeria. The same thing we talk about the Russians, we as Nigerians are guilty of. We discriminate against people of other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Do you know what we call people from the north in Nigeria? We have stereotyped them to the extent that we believe that they are always stupid. But that is not necessarily true.
The fact is that humans will be humans no matter the country of origin. We are complaining about the way Nigerians are being treated outside the country due to the activities of fellow Nigerians, but we guilty of the same against the Russians.
I have experienced Russia for more than 6 years and there was no time that I was attacked or had problems with the law. There are racist everywhere, we ourselves are. We discriminate and say bad things about other people Indians, Chinese, Lebanese etc in Nigeria.
The fact is that many Nigerians travel to these countries and begin to act as if it is theirs and that is where the problems begin. Some Nigerians even use drugs, smoke and get drunk to the extent of engaging themselves in fights with the locals. Of course they will win because they have advantage in numbers.
About the fight in France between English fans and the Russian, it is difficult to get the truth because the west does not like Russia and they will use every propaganda against it. For your information the same English fans enganged in another fight with some French fans yesterday, do we blame the Russians for this?
The golden rule is always try to respect yourself wherever you are, mind your business, do not get drunk, do not go out alone at night this way the percentage of you getting into trouble is reduced. No country is 100% safe, even the almighty USA.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
bayoshenko:
Many people making statements here are probably talking from hearsay. It is not good to use someone else's personal experience to make a general statement about a whole people or country. I have had good experiences and bad experiences in Nigeria. The same thing we talk about the Russians, we as Nigerians are guilty of. We discriminate against people of other ethnic groups in Nigeria. Do you know what we call people from the north in Nigeria? We have stereotyped them to the extent that we believe that they are always stupid. But that is not necessarily true.
The fact is that humans will be humans no matter the country of origin. We are complaining about the way Nigerians are being treated outside the country due to the activities of fellow Nigerians, but we guilty of the same against the Russians.
I have experienced Russia for more than 6 years and there was no time that I was attacked or had problems with the law. There are racist everywhere, we ourselves are. We discriminate and say bad things about other people Indians, Chinese, Lebanese etc in Nigeria.
The fact is that many Nigerians travel to these countries and begin to act as if it is theirs and that is where the problems begin. Some Nigerians even use drugs, smoke and get drunk to the extent of engaging themselves in fights with the locals. Of course they will win because they have advantage in numbers.
About the fight in France between English fans and the Russian, it is difficult to get the truth because the west does not like Russia and they will use every propaganda against it. For your information the same English fans enganged in another fight with some French fans yesterday, do we blame the Russians for this?
The golden rule is always try to respect yourself wherever you are, mind your business, do not get drunk, do not go out alone at night this way the percentage of you getting into trouble is reduced. No country is 100% safe, even the almighty USA.

USA is even worst. Places in the US like Detroit, Baltimore,jackson Mississippi,houston,dallas,chicago,queens new york are dangerous places to memtion a few. Yeah about western nations hating on russia that is very true . All this NATO countries see russia as a threat and the US have succeeded in hijacking FIFA by overthrowing the government of sepp blatter just to impose a nato loyalist that will help,them in sabotaging russia 2018 world cup.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2016
bayoshenko:

But the difference between Russia and USA in terms of racism is russians are xenophobic and once you are not ethnically russian then your a threat that is from my own investigation then US is just a thing of colour and dominance but they hardly kill you unless you roll with bad gangs
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by worry359(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2016
Professor554:

But the difference between Russia and USA in terms of racism is russians are xenophobic and once you are not ethnically russian then your a threat that is from my own investigation then US is just a thing of colour and dominance but they hardly kill you unless you roll with bad gangs

In the USA you are much more likely to be killed by another black person.

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2016
worry359:

In the USA you are much more likely to be killed by another black person.

That is not true. Except in the case that you roll with bad people then your chances of getting killed is very high
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 7:27am On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=FBS post=45972483]
Are you sure? Easy ke? How? You need visa to those countries. Even if you travel by train to Poland, you must pass through Belorrusia and for that you need at least a transit visa.
I do agree though, that those who are looking to study AND work in Russia should put their minds elsewhere. [. Apply with tourist visa, your Poland visa is sure from Russia as a Nigerian passport holder .
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
[quote author=homeboy232 post=47452276][/quote]

Hmm bro are you in russia?? Heard the place is bad but my dad wants to force me there that his friends there said russia is cool if I stay cool too.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 4:53am On Jul 13, 2016
Professor554:

Hmm bro are you in russia?? Heard the place is bad but my dad wants to force me there that his friends there said russia is cool if I stay cool too.
yes I am in Russia , Siberia , Russia is not that bad as u think , racist is not the way u see it on the internet, 3 years now in Russia without any racist attack,

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 11:51am On Jul 13, 2016
homeboy232:
yes I am in Russia , Siberia , Russia is not that bad as u think , racist is not the way u see it on the internet, 3 years now in Russia without any racist attack,

That Siberia is very cold. I have a russian friend I met a long time ago that is from siberia. Yeah that is what my fathers friends in russia said because I want USA but he said no because dollars are expensive to purchase now
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2016
Professor554:

That Siberia is very cold. I have a russian friend I met a long time ago that is from siberia. Yeah that is what my fathers friends in russia said because I want USA but he said no because dollars are expensive to purchase now
with high rate of dollar, I think Russia is a good choice , at least the language alone will add more value to your profile

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 8:34pm On Jul 13, 2016
homeboy232:
with high rate of dollar, I think Russia is a good choice , at least the language alone will add more value to your profile

Is the language hard to learn?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2016
Professor554:

Is the language hard to learn?
not hard , at least within a year u should be able to be an average Russia language speaker, for sure u are going to meet new friends , Russians love to spend time with blacks, drinking eating and discussing about life, economy matter etc, they are interested most especially when u are saying good things about them, their country and culture ..

2 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 9:27pm On Jul 13, 2016
homeboy232:
not hard , at least within a year u should be able to be an average Russia language speaker, for sure u are going to meet new friends , Russians love to spend time with blacks, drinking eating and discussing about life, economy matter etc, they are interested most especially when u are saying good things about them, their country and culture ..

Wow cool. Have you been to nizhny novgorod? Or do you know anyone there? ..... Howfar with russian visa, is it difficult to get? Like the interview and so on
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 9:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Professor554:

Wow cool. Have you been to nizhny novgorod? Or do you know anyone there? ..... Howfar with russian visa, is it difficult to get? Like the interview and so on
never been there but I know some niggas studying medicine over there , English medium, Russia consulars not a do or die affairs , as far as your ndlea is cleared , your visa is sure if u can just answer simple question about yourself and purpose of going to Russia , after studies are u coming back yes , are u going to marry a Russia woman if u see one .. Say no , u are going to study not for relationship ..
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2016
Consular will ask you your plans after studies , your response should be going back home simple , just 1 to 2 minutes interview ..
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
homeboy232:
never been there but I know some niggas studying medicine over there , English medium, Russia consulars not a do or die affairs , as far as your ndlea is cleared , your visa is sure if u can just answer simple question about yourself and purpose of going to Russia , after studies are u coming back yes , are u going to marry a Russia woman if u see one .. Say no , u are going to study not for relationship ..

Lol very great. So far my parents are alive, marrying a russian is impossible for me self. That ndlea, how did you clear it? And how long?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2016
homeboy232:
Consular will ask you your plans after studies , your response should be going back home simple , just 1 to 2 minutes interview ..

I like that. When you went were people much? I am 22 now hope my age won't be a problem for me
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
Professor554:

I like that. When you went were people much? I am 22 now hope my age won't be a problem for me
22 is normal , but in General no age limit to study in Russia but some schools are considering between 17 to 25 maximum due to some reasons , but not a problem sha in general .. I am the only nigeria in my school and we are just two Africans , second guy a Malian, reason is that u can only study in Russia medium here , but schools with English medium programs , over there u will see a lot of Africans in high numbers studying

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 11:58pm On Jul 13, 2016
LostCity:

Lol Prof and Russia!

Boss how man go do ;Dwhen my papa say I must go russia . You sef na russia you dey or dey go?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 14, 2016
Professor554:

Boss how man go do ;Dwhen my papa say I must go russia . You sef na russia you dey or dey go?

Lol no sir,I'm rooting for Estonia.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:47am On Jul 14, 2016
LostCity:

Lol no sir,I'm rooting for Estonia.

yeah Estonia too is a good place. my friend also is planning on going there. his school is talin university or so. All the Best bro. grin
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
please, what's the tuition like in Russia? and how much do I apply for medicine and surgery?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by homeboy232(m): 5:30am On Jul 16, 2016
Professor554:

That means you are good in russian both speaking and writing. How are their foods like? The rice hope its not that sticky one usually found in deep asian countries.
our kind of rice is also here which is the usual Thailand rice, rice is normal as usual , they have white normal naija beans but no red beans , no red oil , they have something close to Semovita , e make sense , food cost in Russia is very reasonable and cheap ..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Made Boats That Lagos Government Wants To Buy (Photos) / Some Things To Note When Attending US Visa Interview in Abuja / Bus Crushes Nollywood Actress To Death, Injures 5 Others In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.