Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. (74742 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 29, 2016
FBS:

Bros, there is nothing you can tell me about Russia that I do not already know. Nothing.
Maybe you don't get it, to survive in Russia you MUST understand the language and the local currency has lost over 50% of its value. Accommodation and food are expensive. Weather is not that great but hey, the choice is yours. cheesy

Lol, you still don't get me, language is not a problem for me as to i have lived in china for four years when my father was on diplomatic mission in nigeria's embassy, and chinese is harder than russian. About value, i would prefer it to even loose value more because i don't earn in ruble, but recieve dollars or naira from nigeria and change them to ruble which gives me more rubles than usual because ruble has lost its value just like how now a person with $100 in naija is a big man unlike before. For weather, i have been to zurich, minsk in belarus, they all cold, even Beijing is cold as Bleep during winter... I have other plans too, not only russia, i have an admission in geneva (EU business school) already. And waiting for a university in south africa too (witheatersand)
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 10:14pm On May 29, 2016
Rahmeek:

Lol, you still don't get me, language is not a problem for me as to i have lived in china for four years when my father was on diplomatic mission in nigeria's embassy, and chinese is harder than russian. About value, i would prefer it to even loose value more because i don't earn in ruble, but recieve dollars or naira from nigeria and change them to ruble which gives me more rubles than usual because ruble has lost its value just like how now a person with $100 in naija is a big man unlike before. For weather, i have been to zurich, minsk in belarus, they all cold, even Beijing is cold as Bleep during winter... I have other plans too, not only russia, i have an admission in geneva (EU business school) already. And waiting for a university in south africa too (witheatersand)
Bros, you are viewing from a very un-russian angle. Spending holiday, vacation in a country or transiting is a completely different story from actually living there. I've been to all those places you mentioned and I'm telling you for a fact that none compares to Russia. You didn't even know that Moscow is very expensive. But hey, as I said the choice is yours. At least now you know what to expect. cheesy
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Promises40(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2016
FBS:

Bros, you are viewing from a very un-russian angle. Spending holiday, vacation in a country or transiting is a completely different story from actually living there. I've been to all those places you mentioned and I'm telling you for a fact that none compares to Russia. You didn't even know that Moscow is very expensive. But hey, as I said the choice is yours. At least now you know what to expect. cheesy
pls I want to know if I can travel to Germany with my Russia student visa
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by moneybag100: 2:54am On May 30, 2016
Promises40:
For where, you can't even travel to the closet countries like latvia or estonia without applying for visa.
You need schengen visa to visit Germany from Russia.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 9:34am On May 30, 2016
FBS:

Lol, not that like i said earlier i am from a diplomatic family, we don't travel to spend holidays but on diplomatic missions of 2-4 years in any country my father is being transferred to, about living abroad i have alot of experience about that one. I hardly spend more than a year in nigeria, both my primary and high school all is abroad. About being expensive, i am not bothered about that, i can afford anywhere globally. All i am concerned is, is my career and for one to succeed studying international relations, you must have a foreign language atleast english +chinese + russian wont be bad for me. Thanks for your information
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 9:50am On May 30, 2016
Rahmeek:

Lol, not that like i said earlier i am from a diplomatic family, we don't travel to spend holidays but on diplomatic missions of 2-4 years in any country my father is being transferred to, about living abroad i have alot of experience about that one. I hardly spend more than a year in nigeria, both my primary and high school all is abroad. About being expensive, i am not bothered about that, i can afford anywhere globally. All i am concerned is, is my career and for one to succeed studying international relations, you must have a foreign language atleast english +chinese + russian wont be bad for me. Thanks for your information
You are welcome. Good luck.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 9:53am On May 30, 2016
Promises40:
Obviously you will need a visa to travel to Germany but applying shouldn't be a problem. You have a return visa to Russia right?
If you intend going by train then you will need a transit visa for Belarus.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2016
FBS:

Obviously you will need a visa to travel to Germany but applying shouldn't be a problem. You have a return visa to Russia right?
If you intend going by train then you will need a transit visa for Belarus.

Hello FBS, please bros how much would it cost me to rent an apartment in ninzhy nivgorod for a year or lemme say monthly because the school dormitory people are much per room 3-5 and i love privacy alot. And is the city safe? Compared to moscow and st Petersburg. Thanks in advance
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by justwise(m): 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2016
Rahmeek:

Dude there is a difference, when you are in diplomatic posting you are living in bobble, almost everything is provided for you and you hardly know what ordinary people go through. You can travel to anywhere without worrying about visa because with note verbale from your daddy other embassies will issue you visa easily.

Outside posting its a different case because you will see what real life is, i have lived that life and when i left my brother and traveled to another country to study then i realized the difference and its a hash reality.

FBS is telling you just as its.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 9:25am On Jun 08, 2016
Professor554:

Hello FBS, please bros how much would it cost me to rent an apartment in ninzhy nivgorod for a year or lemme say monthly because the school dormitory people are much per room 3-5 and i love privacy alot. And is the city safe? Compared to moscow and st Petersburg. Thanks in advance
What area exactly in NN are you looking at? Safe is relative but Russia is changing everyday and they have more to thinker about now due to the economy taking a huge hit among other issues.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 12:22pm On Jun 08, 2016
FBS:

What area exactly in NN are you looking at? Safe is relative but Russia is changing everyday and they have more to thinker about now due to the economy taking a huge hit among other issues.

I have never been there, but close to national research university of nizhny novogorod (levachesky university). Are the russians nice like do they talk to foreigners like polish people do? Because i was told russians beat up blacks and don't talk to black people but will love to hear from a person like you who lives there.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 1:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
Professor554:

I have never been there, but close to national research university of nizhny novogorod (levachesky university). Are the russians nice like do they talk to foreigners like polish people do? Because i was told russians beat up blacks and don't talk to black people but will love to hear from a person like you who lives there.

You mean Lobachevsky University? An apartment (1 room,1 kitchen, 1 toilet/bathroom - NO SITTING ROOM!!!) will cost from $100 upwards.

Are Russians nice? Depending on who you talk to. I work with them. I dine with them and I can tell you that we've had some very rough days (fights and all - I have the scars) but that was a long time ago. (knock on wood). cheesy
They can be friendly especially when you can or try to speak the language even though most of them are passive racists. i.e they will try to remind you everyday that you are different from them by making silly and sometimes annoying comments. To them this is just normal.

One thing I always ask everyone wishing to come to Russia? Why Russia?

3 Likes

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
FBS:

You mean Lobachevsky University? An apartment (1 room,1 kitchen, 1 toilet/bathroom - NO SITTING ROOM!!!) will cost from $100 upwards.

Are Russians nice? Depending on who you talk to. I work with them. I dine with them and I can tell you that we've had some very rough days (fights and all - I have the scars) but that was a long time ago. (knock on wood). cheesy
They can be friendly especially when you can or try to speak the language even though most of them are passive racists. i.e they will try to remind you everyday that you are different from them by making silly and sometimes annoying comments. To them this is just normal.

One thing I always ask everyone wishing to come to Russia? Why Russia?

Bros!! Scars!!! Hehehe this people no nice o. Is the language difficult to write and speak?.... Your last question, seriously bros i don't know, i just opted for russia as the schools in poland don't respond on time. Have you been to the city (nizhny novogorod) before?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2016
Professor554:

Bros!! Scars!!! Hehehe this people no nice o. Is the language difficult to write and speak?.... Your last question, seriously bros i don't know, i just opted for russia as the schools in poland don't respond on time. Have you been to the city (nizhny novogorod) before?
cheesy scare you not. grin Got lots of stories to tell but we thank God, its all stories now. Things have changed in Russia seriously. They have more issues to deal with both domestically and internationally, so as an African, just do your thing and get on with life.

The language is just different. Very different to write and speak but if you are determined that shouldn't be a problem. http://www.russianlessons.net/

No, I'm yet to visit the visit itself but I read that there are quite a few number of students from North Africa.

Moscow is "THE" CITY though VERY EXPENSIVE!
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
FBS:

cheesy scare you not. grin Got lots of stories to tell but we thank God, its all stories now. Things have changed in Russia seriously. They have more issues to deal with both domestically and internationally, so as an African, just do your thing and get on with life.

The language is just different. Very different to write and speak but if you are determined that shouldn't be a problem. http://www.russianlessons.net/

No, I'm yet to visit the visit itself but I read that there are quite a few number of students from North Africa.

Moscow is "THE" CITY though VERY EXPENSIVE!

Lol how is life in that moscow? I just pray say that nizhny novogorod no be village sha
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 3:36pm On Jun 08, 2016
Professor554:

Lol how is life in that moscow? I just pray say that nizhny novogorod no be village sha
Every other city in Russia is a "village" compared to Moscow. It is where EVERYTHING happens. It is THE CITY! cheesy
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
FBS:

Every other city in Russia is a "village" compared to Moscow. It is where EVERYTHING happens. It is THE CITY! cheesy

Lol wanted moscow but i no see university there that offers my major, although i saw someone in this forum going to one university in moscow that offers the course but that university na for rich people children cus the tuition is very high but if you can help me find one, i would be glad
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2016
Professor554:

Lol wanted moscow but i no see university there that offers my major, although i saw someone in this forum going to one university in moscow that offers the course but that university na for rich people children cus the tuition is very high but if you can help me find one, i would be glad
LOL. Not when I don't even have any idea of your intended course of study. Besides, wetin you want make I do? Go around the schools or give you suggestions. If it is the latter then try RUDN or Peoples Friendship University Russia. Naija people full dia like say na Unilag. grin

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 12:04am On Jun 09, 2016
FBS:
LOL. Not when I don't even have any idea of your intended course of study. Besides, wetin you want make I do? Go around the schools or give you suggestions. If it is the latter then try RUDN or Peoples Friendship University Russia. Naija people full dia like say na Unilag. grin

As naija people plenty for there, i sure say alot of human rights abuses they there cus they don't respect nigerians abroad but i blame our people that always indulge in bad ways and tarnish the country's image
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by dinlin: 7:50am On Jun 09, 2016
Russia is not a bad place to live and study...however it is not a good place either. It's not bad because it's cheap and the Russian rubble is falling due to economic sanctions on the country. Hence, your USD will go far. Also, what do you want to get from your degree? It's fine if you intend to return home to Nigeria cos wages in Russia is low. Most students return home after studies. If I were you I would consider other countries like Poland, Czech, Estonia, Norway, Finland etc. At least you have a chance to stay and work after your studies in these countries and possibly get citizenship. Russia is racist of I may advice you and a lot of bureaucracy and corruption in getting things done at the official level. While there are genuine students in Russia most NIgerians there are shady. The types you're not safe to associate with. It's a shithole and you could get trapped after spending some money. The ladies are amazing and very beautiful, the types we only could dream of in the western world. But they are traps too if you want to get something out of your life. Forget finding a good job with a decent wage, your chances are 1%. if get lucky you teach English. Your qualifications are not worth that much in western countries. Don't be desperate to go overseas. skinheads look for blacks to insult, kill, or attack. Look at the bigger picture.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2016
dinlin:
Russia is not a bad place to live and study...however it is not a good place either. It's not bad because it's cheap and the Russian rubble is falling due to economic sanctions on the country. Hence, your USD will go far. Also, what do you want to get from your degree? It's fine if you intend to return home to Nigeria cos wages in Russia is low. Most students return home after studies. If I were you I would consider other countries like Poland, Czech, Estonia, Norway, Finland etc. At least you have a chance to stay and work after your studies in these countries and possibly get citizenship. Russia is racist of I may advice you and a lot of bureaucracy and corruption in getting things done at the official level. While there are genuine students in Russia most NIgerians there are shady. The types you're not safe to associate with. It's a shithole and you could get trapped after spending some money. The ladies are amazing and very beautiful, the types we only could dream of in the western world. But they are traps too if you want to get something out of your life. Forget finding a good job with a decent wage, your chances are 1%. if get lucky you teach English. Your qualifications are not worth that much in western countries. Don't be desperate to go overseas. skinheads look for blacks to insult, kill, or attack. Look at the bigger picture.

I don they fear o. Although i intend to return to Nigeria after studies. I wanted poland but their school requirements are much and they don't respond on time. Are their girls blackmailers or what? What of their guys? And those skinheads don't they arrest them?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 1:05pm On Jun 09, 2016
Professor554:

As naija people plenty for there, i sure say alot of human rights abuses they there cus they don't respect nigerians abroad but i blame our people that always indulge in bad ways and tarnish the country's image
Well, to each man his own. Just do what YOU have to do.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by dinlin: 1:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
Professor554:

I don they fear o. Although i intend to return to Nigeria after studies. I wanted poland but their school requirements are much and they don't respond on time. Are their girls blackmailers or what? What of their guys? And those skinheads don't they arrest them?

@ Professor554, I will advice you to be proactive with getting an admission Poland, as polish people are more friendly and most travel to UK to work. In the uk, they work in almost every sector of the economy but mostly in minimum wage jobs where they get to mix with people from around the world. They also have a good sense of humour and many Nigerian friends of mine that studied in Poland married polish women. we can say they are down to earth at most. However, I find Russian women less traditional. What I mean is that approach to sex is open and moral values are not reinforced. ..I hope am not stereotyping here but just my opinion. I find many Nigerian guys stuck with them in a weird marriage. .but it's just my opinion. The Russian guys hate you for dating their girls..they get jealous. I have heard of an African dude that was pushed in the river while walking with girlfriend in st.Petersburg. I wouldn't date a russian girl if not for sex but i wouldnt even cos of the high rate of stds in that country...many are promiscus maybe i have trust issues but you might get a good one..It's not uncommon for Africans to get into fights with Russian guys in the nightclubs or on the streets at night. Infact, when a final year student from Africa was shot by a skinhead in Russia, the police comment was that there is an average of 1 murder per day on Russians in st.petersburg, why should an African death be a big of a deal. Whatever your destination of tertiary education, Good luck.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2016
dinlin:

@ Professor554, I will advice you to be proactive with getting an admission Poland, as polish people are more friendly and most travel to UK to work. In the uk, they work in almost every sector of the economy but mostly in minimum wage jobs where they get to mix with people from around the world. They also have a good sense of humour and many Nigerian friends of mine that studied in Poland married polish women. we can say they are down to earth at most. However, I find Russian women less traditional. What I mean is that approach to sex is open and moral values are not reinforced. ..I hope am not stereotyping here but just my opinion. I find many Nigerian guys stuck with them in a weird marriage. .but it's just my opinion. The Russian guys hate you for dating their girls..they get jealous. I have heard of an African dude that was pushed in the river while walking with girlfriend in st.Petersburg. I wouldn't date a russian girl if not for sex but i wouldnt even cos of the high rate of stds in that country...many are promiscus maybe i have trust issues but you might get a good one..It's not uncommon for Africans to get into fights with Russian guys in the nightclubs or on the streets at night. Infact, when a final year student from Africa was shot by a skinhead in Russia, the police comment was that there is an average of 1 murder per day on Russians in st.petersburg, why should an African death be a big of a deal. Whatever your destination of tertiary education, Good luck.

Think i have to just be patient and go to poland. Because i don they fear already.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
dinlin:

Bros are you in Russia now?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by dinlin: 10:36pm On Jun 09, 2016
Professor554:

Bros are you in Russia now?

No. I am not in Russia but been to Moscow and Petersburg. I still have a few friends there, some moved to western countries after their studies, some return back home, some married Russian women to remain in the country while some ran out their visas and became illegal(usually other Nigerians duped them when they arrived and took advantage of their finances in helping them get fake papers, accomodation and General necessities that a new migrant might need in a non-English speaking country). The illegals have someone to blame...agents etc..It's a hard life for Russians not to talk of Nigerians. Google "Nigerians/Africans in Russia " and you will find endless horrors stories of crime, homicide and lately prostitution. Abuse of human rights and injustice is common. Hence, you will be snubbed by the Nigerian embassy if you get into trouble with the law innocently or purposely. The cells are very cold and you can thank your luckily stars if you don't end up in underground prisons in Siberia where the temperature drops -50 degree centigrade. The economy is hurting and people there are desperate. You will burn out your cash from Nigeria and end up being a burden to family at home when you need more cash. You may earn a little while working but you'll barely survive on that and it's gonna be illegal if you are on a student visa. I am not trying to discourage but painting true pictures that most of our people learn the hard way. 15 guys living in 2bedroom apartments. .lol..Forget Facebook pictures that deceive people back home..grave reality bro..I think I have said too much already. It's for the wise to pick and choose.

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2016
dinlin:

No. I am not in Russia but been to Moscow and Petersburg. I still have a few friends there, some moved to western countries after their studies, some return back home, some married Russian women to remain in the country while some ran out their visas and became illegal(usually other Nigerians duped them when they arrived and took advantage of their finances in helping them get fake papers, accomodation and General necessities that a new migrant might need in a non-English speaking country). The illegals have someone to blame...agents etc..It's a hard life for Russians not to talk of Nigerians. Google "Nigerians/Africans in Russia " and you will find endless horrors stories of crime, homicide and lately prostitution. Abuse of human rights and injustice is common. Hence, you will be snubbed by the Nigerian embassy if you get into trouble with the law innocently or purposely. The cells are very cold and you can thank your luckily stars if you don't end up in underground prisons in Siberia where the temperature drops -50 degree centigrade. The economy is hurting and people there are desperate. You will burn out your cash from Nigeria and end up being a burden to family at home when you need more cash. You may earn a little while working but you'll barely survive on that and it's gonna be illegal if you are on a student visa. I am not trying to discourage but painting true pictures that most of our people learn the hard way. 15 guys living in 2bedroom apartments. .lol..Forget Facebook pictures that deceive people back home..grave reality bro..I think I have said too much already. It's for the wise to pick and choose.

What's Your stake on Estonia/Finland?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 12:14am On Jun 10, 2016
dinlin:

Lol. So all the things America do say about Russia is true. I do use to think before its just politics because i know America to oppose anything Russia or China but now i can see the truth in their reports. Too bad. Although our nigerians too have a major problem because abroad alot are criminals which makes our embassies get tired of recieving their complaints. Some is stealing, some prostitution, drugs, cyber scam, contraband and so on. I am sure in a place like russia one can go shopping at night or even the club to have a drink, talkmore of say hi to a russian lady or group of guys . Thats bad, even though i now have my admission, i am seriously thinking of applying else where because my safety is all that matters
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by dinlin: 12:19am On Jun 10, 2016
[/quote]

Estonia is affordable. It's a member of the European union, which means your qualifications are recognised in all EU countries. Tallinn has many multinational companies. Skype was developed in Estonia. The language is very difficult but very similar to Finnish. Stay away from Narva as it's predominantly Russian speaking minority and has popular sentiments against outsiders. The have hardcore neonazi supporters in narva. But you wouldn't have to deal that much with them if you mind your own business. I wanted to buy a cheap apartment there a few years ago but changed my mind. Estonia is very mordern, safe and many people speak English in the cities. alot of ancient castles and empty churches. Tallin has the old city and new city close to the Baltic sea. people are quite friendly. Old town has unspoilt history at a closer look while new city has mordern buildings, shops and offices. university in tallin has quite a number of international students. Accommodation in tallin will cost you a bit less than you will pay in Moscow. I don't think you will earn much from working but it may help you pay some bills.
Finland borders st.Petersburg, Russia. had free education that is rated one of the best in the world. You will not pay tuition and you get to work. It's a beautiful country. Expect some racism as everywhere in the world but nothing out of the ordinary. you wiĺl find the northern lights of summer interesting as its day light till about 3am in the mornings...lots of outdoor sports at this time..They have tasty sausages. Helsinki is lovely. fins speak English but it will do you good to learn the language. You should not have any issues in this country. ..trust me. I have travelled Europe. I can tell you a lot of you ask..lol
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by dinlin: 12:49am On Jun 10, 2016
Professor554:

Lol. So all the things America do say about Russia is true. I do use to think before its just politics because i know America to oppose anything Russia or China but now i can see the truth in their reports. Too bad. Although our nigerians too have a major problem because abroad alot are criminals which makes our embassies get tired of recieving their complaints. Some is stealing, some prostitution, drugs, cyber scam, contraband and so on. I am sure in a place like russia one can go shopping at night or even the club to have a drink, talkmore of say hi to a russian lady or group of guys . Thats bad, even though i now have my admission, i am seriously thinking of applying else where because my safety is all that matters

If you find yourself in Russia, find good friends that are genuine students and have good morals. Attend a good multinational church if you are xtian. Do not go out alone at night. It gets dark by 3pm in winter so go with friends. Keep a phone to contact friends. Avoid gatherings where you see a group of Russian men. Wear good shoes that is comfortable and hard on the snow as you might need to run incase of danger and the snow can get slippery. Always keep a photocopy of your visa, the police can stop you and ask at anytime. Avoid protests. Students will be tempted to go to nightclubs from time to time, go in a group if you will by catching a taxi. Avoid metros late night. Some Nigerians will borrow money and never return it. avoid unprotected sex as you need a medical clearance each time you renew your visa. Some illegals may steal your passport. Some may steal your money. Some may even harass you.
You study for years paying a lot of fees and You graduate with a piece of qualification without a pathway to being a permanent residency or at least work experience in your chosen field.

You can get a good education from there if that is the only thing taking you there. Some students did it. The question is if its a risk worth taking when there are other options....and better options at that. Life is what we make of it.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 1:20am On Jun 10, 2016
dinlin:

Estonia is affordable. It's a member of the European union, which means your qualifications are recognised in all EU countries. Tallinn has many multinational companies. Skype was developed in Estonia. The language is very difficult but very similar to Finnish. Stay away from Narva as it's predominantly Russian speaking minority and has popular sentiments against outsiders. The have hardcore neonazi supporters in narva. But you wouldn't have to deal that much with them if you mind your own business. I wanted to buy a cheap apartment there a few years ago but changed my mind. Estonia is very mordern, safe and many people speak English in the cities. alot of ancient castles and empty churches. Tallin has the old city and new city close to the Baltic sea. people are quite friendly. Old town has unspoilt history at a closer look while new city has mordern buildings, shops and offices. university in tallin has quite a number of international students. Accommodation in tallin will cost you a bit less than you will pay in Moscow. I don't think you will earn much from working but it may help you pay some bills.
Finland borders st.Petersburg, Russia. had free education that is rated one of the best in the world. You will not pay tuition and you get to work. It's a beautiful country. Expect some racism as everywhere in the world but nothing out of the ordinary. you wiĺl find the northern lights of summer interesting as its day light till about 3am in the mornings...lots of outdoor sports at this time..They have tasty sausages. Helsinki is lovely. fins speak English but it will do you good to learn the language. You should not have any issues in this country. ..trust me. I have travelled Europe. I can tell you a lot of you ask..lol

Lol,I'm cool with this Info! Gracias!
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Professor554: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2016
dinlin:

If you find yourself in Russia, find good friends that are genuine students and have good morals. Attend a good multinational church if you are xtian. Do not go out alone at night. It gets dark by 3pm in winter so go with friends. Keep a phone to contact friends. Avoid gatherings where you see a group of Russian men. Wear good shoes that is comfortable and hard on the snow as you might need to run incase of danger and the snow can get slippery. Always keep a photocopy of your visa, the police can stop you and ask at anytime. Avoid protests. Students will be tempted to go to nightclubs from time to time, go in a group if you will by catching a taxi. Avoid metros late night. Some Nigerians will borrow money and never return it. avoid unprotected sex as you need a medical clearance each time you renew your visa. Some illegals may steal your passport. Some may steal your money. Some may even harass you.
You study for years paying a lot of fees and You graduate with a piece of qualification without a pathway to being a permanent residency or at least work experience in your chosen field.

You can get a good education from there if that is the only thing taking you there. Some students did it. The question is if its a risk worth taking when there are other options....and better options at that. Life is what we make of it.

Heheh bros i no dey go russia again. I hate a place where i don't have total freedom. The reason blacks get bad treatment abroad is because when they come to our place, we worship them, if we were beating and harassing them all over africa, they will respect us. They see blacks as worthless people. I was even told they kill foreigners on hitlers birthday that most universities lock international students in dorms for that day.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.