Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. (74745 Views)

Anyone Studying In Portugal!!!! / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) / Living And Studying In India- Serious Contributions Required (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by benELOHIM7(m): 4:06pm On Apr 08, 2016
Gubkins university for refining technology
gbaby4live:

да

Why not...
which institution do you have in mind?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by lupatim: 4:46am On Apr 09, 2016
Try to follow equired links. Must you'll get help.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by gbaby4live: 2:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
Based on the info on their website, I think you must enroll into their russian language preparatory class, before getting admission and they only have 2 english language course for masters...
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by elijah101(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2016
Hello house , Do i need to legalize my school certificate first before applying for admission , i was hoping to get the admission first before i do all that stuff
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by gbaby4live: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2016
elijah101:
Hello house , Do i need to legalize my school certificate first before applying for admission , i was hoping to get the admission first before i do all that stuff

Admission first bro....

Which institution?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by elijah101(m): 9:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
I still looking for schools with cheap tuition .. But bro , i did GCE , what i dont understand is how do i fill in My school Name Since what i did was GCE and not the normal waec
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 25, 2016
Good day peeps,
I recently applied to study in USA but i couldn't get the visa, now i am looking at russia, i want to study International relations in "National Research University: Higher school of Economics " in moscow. Please does anyone know anything about the school? So far what i read on google about it has been impressive but will appreciate if anyone contributes. And also how is like life in moscow? The racism issue is it that much till now like back in early 2000's? Accomodation, like how much would it cost me a year for a one bedroom flat with kitchen and toilet. Lastly, how easy is the russian visa? Is it hard like the American and British own where they reject alot of nigerians. Waiting for your responses.

Best Regards!!
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 12:38am On May 26, 2016
Rahmeek:
Good day peeps,
I recently applied to study in USA but i couldn't get the visa, now i am looking at russia, i want to study International relations in "National Research University: Higher school of Economics " in moscow. Please does anyone know anything about the school? So far what i read on google about it has been impressive but will appreciate if anyone contributes. And also how is like life in moscow? The racism issue is it that much till now like back in early 2000's? Accomodation, like how much would it cost me a year for a one bedroom flat with kitchen and toilet. Lastly, how easy is the russian visa? Is it hard like the American and British own where they reject alot of nigerians. Waiting for your responses.

Best Regards!!
Russian unis are becoming more expensive by the day but still cheaper compared to say American schools.
Visa wise, it is easier too though be ready for a long list of requirements. Some which I find ridiculous.
Accommodation is expensive depending on the area you want to reside. The closer you are to the center of moscow, the higher the price.
But if I may ask, why Russia?

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 12:48am On May 26, 2016
homeboy232:
officially u can work as a student but its just on paper, reality u can't , can u even speak Russia? Forget about job here in Russia, na runs men dey do here, if u want to work part time better go to western Europe, but its very easy to move from Russia to Poland or Estonia,..again , forget about job here, I am in Russia
Are you sure? Easy ke? How? You need visa to those countries. Even if you travel by train to Poland, you must pass through Belorrusia and for that you need at least a transit visa.
I do agree though, that those who are looking to study AND work in Russia should put their minds elsewhere.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 12:55am On May 26, 2016
dexdanny:
please guys i need an advice, i want to study in kazan in russia,and i've got my invitation letter from the university,i will like to know more about student life in kazan,and are students allow to work in kazan to earn for there living?.Thanks guys.
Kazan is the capital of Tatarstan, a Republic in Russia and More importantly the lifestyle there is not entirely Russian so to say. Can't say much about students life but as it is in Russia, you cannot study and work at the same time. First and major thing is to get a grasp of the language.
Good luck.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 8:54am On May 27, 2016
FBS:

Russian unis are becoming more expensive by the day but still cheaper compared to say American schools.
Visa wise, it is easier too though be ready for a long list of requirements. Some which I find ridiculous.
Accommodation is expensive depending on the area you want to reside. The closer you are to the center of moscow, the higher the price.
But if I may ask, why Russia?

Good day,
Why i chose russia is really because of the school, from most of my research the school seems reputable although kind of expensive. My first option was Moscow state institute of International relations but the admission to that school is very hard because from my investigation they pick only 25 foreigners, i don't know if there is an exception to that.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 10:01am On May 27, 2016
Rahmeek:

Good day,
Why i chose russia is really because of the school, from most of my research the school seems reputable although kind of expensive. My first option was Moscow state institute of International relations but the admission to that school is very hard because from my investigation they pick only 25 foreigners, i don't know if there is an exception to that.
MGIMO? Yeah that's like the training ground for future diplomats, politicians and business leaders etc but admission shouldn't be too hard. Have you contacted the school?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 27, 2016
FBS:
MGIMO? Yeah that's like the training ground for future diplomats, politicians and business leaders etc but admission shouldn't be too hard. Have you contacted the school?

NO. I have not. Do you think i should?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 5:40pm On May 27, 2016
Rahmeek:

NO. I have not. Do you think i should?

Not sure if that was a question or was it?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 27, 2016
FBS:

Not sure if that was a question or was it?

I called them today, their admissions are not on now till October. And the issue of 25 foreigners is true, comfirmed it. Its risky to depend on that school till October and they end up not picking me. Bro are you in russia?
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Promises40(m): 6:11pm On May 27, 2016
FBS:
pls sir am planning to study computer science in Russia, is racism still high there and how easy will it be to study with their language
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 6:22pm On May 27, 2016
Rahmeek:

I called them today, their admissions are not on now till October. And the issue of 25 foreigners is true, comfirmed it. Its risky to depend on that school till October and they end up not picking me. Bro are you in russia?
School year starts in September, for others I guess it's a rolling admission. There is basically only one MGIMO so the extra effort is expected or you can try MSU. They enroll more international students.
Are you looking for reputable schools or any will do? If it's the latter, them plenty for Moscow like say nothing dey happen. The choice is yours.
Am I in russia? Check my siggy. cheesy
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 6:25pm On May 27, 2016
Promises40:
pls sir am planning to study computer science in Russia, is racism still high there and how easy will it be to study with their language
racism in Russia is not what it's used to be compared to the late 90s and early 2000s. Things have changed but for many the language is the biggest barrier. Once you master it, life can only get better.
Good luck.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 27, 2016
FBS:

School year starts in September, for others I guess it's a rolling admission. There is basically only one MGIMO so the extra effort is expected or you can try MSU. They enroll more international students.
Are you looking for reputable schools or any will do? If it's the latter, them plenty for Moscow like say nothing dey happen. The choice is yours.
Am I in russia? Check my siggy. cheesy

I am looking for very reputable universities, would really appreciate if you can help me with a few others, what's up with "NATIONAL RESEARCH UNIVERSITY; Higher school of Economics. How reputable is it in russia and if you know anything about it will be glad if you can share it with me.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Promises40(m): 11:19pm On May 27, 2016
FBS:
racism in Russia is not what it's used to be compared to the late 90s and early 2000s. Things have changed but for many the language is the biggest barrier. Once you master it, life can only get better.
Good luck.
thanks for your quick response but pls what are the requirements for student visa
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 11:40am On May 28, 2016
Promises40:
thanks for your quick response but pls what are the requirements for student visa
you can check the Russian embassy website or contact the school of your choice directly. Most have international departments.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 11:44am On May 28, 2016
Rahmeek:

I am looking for very reputable universities, would really appreciate if you can help me with a few others, what's up with "NATIONAL RESEARCH UNIVERSITY; Higher school of Economics. How reputable is it in russia and if you know anything about it will be glad if you can share it with me.
reputation is a tricky word but you can't go wrong with MSU or MGIMO. These 2 are the very foundation of Russian Education. You can try the most popular among foreign students, the one and only PFUR (rudn as it is locally known) http://www.rudn.ru/en_new/

1 Like

Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 2:05pm On May 28, 2016
FBS:
reputation is a tricky word but you can't go wrong with MSU or MGIMO. These 2 are the very foundation of Russian Education. You can try the most popular among foreign students, the one and only PFUR (rudn as it is locally known) http://www.rudn.ru/en_new/

Ok thanks. I just checked rudn.ru but unfortunately my choice (major) is not offered in english. I will try that moscow state university too. Concerning accomodations bro, like approximately how much can an apartment cost for a year in northern moscow/ eastern. (BASMANNY DISTRICT)

Best Regards!!
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 3:26pm On May 28, 2016
Rahmeek:

Ok thanks. I just checked rudn.ru but unfortunately my choice (major) is not offered in english. I will try that moscow state university too. Concerning accomodations bro, like approximately how much can an apartment cost for a year in northern moscow/ eastern. (BASMANNY DISTRICT)

Best Regards!!
Strange cos rudn has the highest number of foreign students in russia.
Anyways, for accommodation say from $750 per month and upwards for a 1 room apartment (1 room. 1 Kitchen. 1 Toilet/bathroom). Nothing like sitting room.
It all depends on proximity to the Underground Transport system (Metro), size of the flat, elevator etc...
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 28, 2016
FBS:

Strange cos rudn has the highest number of foreign students in russia.
Anyways, for accommodation say from $750 per month and upwards for a 1 room apartment (1 room. 1 Kitchen. 1 Toilet/bathroom). Nothing like sitting room.
It all depends on proximity to the Underground Transport system (Metro), size of the flat, elevator etc...

WTF. So moscow is this expensive. From $750. I thought it will be a bit cheaper than US
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 6:50pm On May 28, 2016
Rahmeek:

WTF. So moscow is this expensive. From $750. I thought it will be a bit cheaper than US
You joking right? Why would you think Moscow is cheap, especially accommodation? Oh and food is expensive too.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 28, 2016
FBS:

You joking right? Why would you think Moscow is cheap, especially accommodation? Oh and food is expensive too.

Wow but the dormitory in that school i want to apply to is cheap but why i am scared of staying there is because i don't want a situation where i will be paired with a russian and from all my investigations they are racist and drink alot so i feel its better i am on my own.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 12:02am On May 29, 2016
Rahmeek:

Wow but the dormitory in that school i want to apply to is cheap but why i am scared of staying there is because i don't want a situation where i will be paired with a russian and from all my investigations they are racist and drink alot so i feel its better i am on my own.
Better to stay in the dorm for a while till you find your way around. You can always move when you wish to.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 9:15am On May 29, 2016
FBS:

Better to stay in the dorm for a while till you find your way around. You can always move when you wish to.

Hmm yeah. You have a point there. The main obstacle is the VISA, i just pray it is easy to get not like the stupid americans who just rejected me upon my robust travel history.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 10:01am On May 29, 2016
Rahmeek:

Hmm yeah. You have a point there. The main obstacle is the VISA, i just pray it is easy to get not like the stupid americans who just rejected me upon my robust travel history.
Shouldn't be. Though I still don't understand why Russia in the first place? There are cheaper countries with beautiful weather too. Cyprus for instance.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 29, 2016
FBS:

Shouldn't be. Though I still don't understand why Russia in the first place? There are cheaper countries with beautiful weather too. Cyprus for instance.

Yeah i have friends in cyprus and they are planning to leave. Cyprus uses the euro and sometimes turkish lira, the naira doesn't have value compared to the euro. But russia the rubble is about 4-5 naira which is still better because of the western sanctions on the russian state. Secondly is because of the quality of education, russia is far ahead of cyprus as about 7 russian universities featured in the QS world rankings. Lastly, the course i want to study (International relations) as you well know is about foreign policy, international politics and so on, looking at issues globally, the russian state is far ahead of cyprus internationally because russia is a world super power, one of the permanent members in the UN Security Council. So studying the russian foreign policy is not a bad one then returning to nigeria for masters where i will also focus on the nigerian foreign policy there by making me redeployable. And for you to study international relations you must have foreign language, studying in russia means i can take russian as second language then English as first language. If i choose later to pursue a carrot later as a diplomat it can help me during foreign postings.i can then be easily redeployed to eastern europe (ukraine,poland,georgia,romania and so on) or even back to russia because of my ability to grab their general language that is if i learn it on time.
Re: Living And Studying In Russia-i Need A Serious Contribution Pls. by FBS: 3:50pm On May 29, 2016
Rahmeek:

Yeah i have friends in cyprus and they are planning to leave. Cyprus uses the euro and sometimes turkish lira, the naira doesn't have value compared to the euro. But russia the rubble is about 4-5 naira which is still better because of the western sanctions on the russian state. Secondly is because of the quality of education, russia is far ahead of cyprus as about 7 russian universities featured in the QS world rankings. Lastly, the course i want to study (International relations) as you well know is about foreign policy, international politics and so on, looking at issues globally, the russian state is far ahead of cyprus internationally because russia is a world super power, one of the permanent members in the UN Security Council. So studying the russian foreign policy is not a bad one then returning to nigeria for masters where i will also focus on the nigerian foreign policy there by making me redeployable. And for you to study international relations you must have foreign language, studying in russia means i can take russian as second language then English as first language. If i choose later to pursue a carrot later as a diplomat it can help me during foreign postings.i can then be easily redeployed to eastern europe (ukraine,poland,georgia,romania and so on) or even back to russia because of my ability to grab their general language that is if i learn it on time.
Bros, there is nothing you can tell me about Russia that I do not already know. Nothing.
Maybe you don't get it, to survive in Russia you MUST understand the language and the local currency has lost over 50% of its value. Accommodation and food are expensive. Weather is not that great but hey, the choice is yours. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London / Sunday Emem Becomes The First Driver To Cross The Second Niger Bridge / Car Crushes Man Making Video Call To Girlfriend On Abeokuta-Siun-Sagamu Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.