Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen (14773 Views)

Obasanjo Finally Speaks On Maina Scandal, Warns Buhari / Jonathan Speaks On Maina’s Return / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by limitless777(m): 4:41am On Dec 26, 2017
Gunmen, armed to the teeth and dressed in military fatigue on Sunday raided the Kaduna home of the former Chairman the Presidential Task Team on Pension Reforms, Abdulrasheed Maina.

Residents of Kano Street, Kawo New Extension, Kaduna where the house is located, reported that the gunmen càme in a Hilux van and were later joined by plain clothed men in another Hilux Van.

The Spokesman of the Kaduna State Police Command, ASP Aliyu Mukhtar confirmed the incident, saying that the Divisional Police Office in Kawo informed the command of the incidence.

He explained: “We got a report from DPO Kawo regarding the raid on Maina’s house. But we are yet to confirm whether they are really officials of EFCC. Investigation is on going,” he told our correspondent on phone on Monday.

An eyewitness told journalist that the gunmen began surveillance of the area at 5PM till at 8PM when another car (Peugeot 406 brand) with plain clothes security personnel, forced the gate open and drove into the compound.
It was gathered that a security guard oñ the premises was handcuffed and asked to take them round the 4-bed room flat.

The 22-year old guard, Ahmadu told journalists that the gun men kept asking him whether the house belong to Maina or whether he (Maina) was staying there.

Ahmadu said the gunmen told him that they were from the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) to carry out a search on the house for alleged hidden arms and ammunitions as well as cash (money).

He said, “They came in military uniforms and Hilux van with another small car after they had forced the gate open around 8.PM.

“They handcuffed me and started forcing doors to the bedrooms open, they turned everything upside down.

“They were communicating with somebody somewhere in Hausa, directing them to one room or the other where to find cash.

“They must have been disappointed because at the end, they found nothing, neither cash nor arms as they claimed.

“They now drove away with me and dumped me in the bush along Mando road, close to Kaduna International Airport.

“They said I should go to any police station so that the police can unlock the handcuff on my hand.

“I hide my cuffed hand in my shirt, so that nobody could suspect me and that was how I got commercial motorbike that took me to Kawo police station where the handcuff was unlocked.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/police-confirm-raid-mainas-house-handcuff-security-guard-gunmen/

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by nnachukz(m): 4:53am On Dec 26, 2017
Look for better thing to use to distract us. Buhari and Co know the game they are playing with Maina.

20 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by SOFTENGR: 4:57am On Dec 26, 2017
Hope they found some fuel in the house cos I need it desperately.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by dabeto: 4:59am On Dec 26, 2017
Drama.......trying to create news item for the week tongue

4 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by princeade86(m): 5:03am On Dec 26, 2017
they are assasings. Buh why are they trying to kill dis man?
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by olureignforever: 5:46am On Dec 26, 2017
FG and maina. Let me come and be going
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 26, 2017
Looking for an excuse to officially send police to guard him undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by eleko1: 5:57am On Dec 26, 2017
sad
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by HtwoOw: 5:58am On Dec 26, 2017
The complained Buhari is not prosecuting anybody, now that he's doing something / now that EFCC is involved its another complain as usual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by 2cato: 6:26am On Dec 26, 2017
Mumu people acting drama to distract us

7 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by WealthPhillips(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2017
Maina again

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by ayatt(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2017
who sent them? is the question to ask.
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Saintsbrown(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2017
Buhari should just b packing his belongings come 2019.
This late damage control n image marketing will not save him.
His government has failed in all economic n social indexes.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by tstx(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2017
ok
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2017
A government of clowns

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Zico5(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2017
ok
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by san316(m): 9:14am On Dec 26, 2017
What kind of security agency is this that act like criminals? What is happening for God's sake

3 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by zombieTRACKER: 9:15am On Dec 26, 2017
I think it's time to arrest buhari and his gang of 40thieves

Maina must not be harmed

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by sureheaven(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2017
Propaganda and arrangee moves. So no cctv in maina's residence. Not a single Bleep is given......... I don't eat gbi so I won't die gbi.
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by chrisxxx(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2017
e
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Richy4(m): 9:17am On Dec 26, 2017
san316:
What kind of security agency is this that act like criminals? What is happening for God's sake

Military regime is happening grin

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by zombieTRACKER: 9:18am On Dec 26, 2017
princeade86:
they are assasings. Buh why are they trying to kill dis man?

Seems you are new around this parts
Buhari wants to cover his tracks

But I have been tracking him down
There is no escape
Buhari is the most corrupt president in the world

6 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Butoneday2(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2017
grin grin shocked shocked Whilstle blowers or bulowers I think? tongue
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by victorazyvictor(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2017
nnachukz:
Look for better thing to use to distract us. Buhari and Co know the game they are playing with Maina.

I tell u, APC script writer is talented, I duff cap for the person.

2 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Zico5(m): 9:20am On Dec 26, 2017
Let's assume this is one of our iPod brother's house, we would have been hearing foolish and sentimental response like war against Igbo, leave our brother alone, 5% is not a sin and so on. How many times have u seen aboki raining talk or defend their corrupt personalities. But since it's in DNA of iPod yoots to defend any corrupt act, the have every right. A sinner I know will never go unpunished whether Aboki, Afonja or Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 26, 2017
this is really too bad fr a whole country that functions on law and all that, how will efcc raid a house without notifying the police? who those that?
the police I think should arrest everybody that went for that operation and the person that issue such.
in advance countries including Benin rep,you must work with the local police before carrying out any form of operations. chai God help Nigeria o
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by donshaddow(m): 9:27am On Dec 26, 2017

“They handcuffed me and started forcing doors to the bedrooms open, they turned everything upside down.

“They now drove away with me and dumped me in the bush along Mando road, close to Kaduna International Airport.

“They said I should go to any police station so that the police can unlock the handcuff on my hand.

“I hide my cuffed hand in my shirt, so that nobody could suspect me and that was how I got commercial motorbike that took me to Kawo police station where the handcuff was unlocked.”

Handcuffed and dumped! I will forever hate this country. Thank you our past and present leaders for turning the country into what it is now.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by morereb10: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2017
na wa oooo
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by pentax(m): 9:29am On Dec 26, 2017
In Dremo's voice.."Iro nla ni won pa"
Re: Police Confirm Raid On Maina’s House, Handcuff Of Security Guard By Gunmen by NightHawke: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2017

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/12/police-confirm-raid-mainas-house-handcuff-security-guard-gunmen/
[/quote]

If this guy was apprehended by vigilante or by the public and given the jungle justice treatment on assumption that he could be an armed robber on the run given the handcuffs.

Now the 'law enforcement officers' left him to his fate, to visit the nearest police stantion to get uncuffed.

Haba, is this operational procedure?

Thank God he is alive, he was not shot and left to die or on some missing persons list now.

This contry needs a complete overhaul in all spheres of government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: PDP Wins 17 States Out Of 36. Full List / Edo Assembly Crisis: APC Reacts, As Oshiomhole, Obaseki Settle / National Intervention Movement: Agbakoba, Duke, Utomi, Float Political Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.