Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:08 PM

Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (39281 Views)

Shiite Muslims Attend Christmas Service In Zaria, Present Gift / Muslims Visit Church In Nasarawa; Celebrate Christmas With Christians / Man Put Paper In Offering Envelope In Church With This Write Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
I laugh in arabic. Continue you hear

Your choice. Facts are facts and I just stated one out of many
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by okonja(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:
Just imagine how tolerant Christ and Christianity is!

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.

Have you ever seen such practice in yorubaland before?

Why do you compare Yoruba muslims with Hausa muslims?

Why do you speak about what you have ill knowledge about?...Seriously, ignorance is darkness cool

Anyway, to answer you:

"Because Islam is a conservative Abrahamic religion that maintains some of the more rigid patriarchal and misogynistic cultural elements that have been reformed in some of the other religious branches (such as Protestant Christianity and certain Jewish congregations).

If the main concern was just the mechanics of how prayer is conducted (e.g. men would be looking at womens' posteriors and getting all lusty), we would not expect to see females forbidden from being imams or giving khutbah (sermons) in a mixed congregation, where the prostration is not required. However, that is the case - women are not allowed to lead mean in prayers or pretty much anything else, in a formal capacity."
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Alabamagnate: 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
Islam is a divine religion while christianity is a design religion.It is only those who lack the core knowledge of Islam will call shiite muslim.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by enemyofprogress: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
ollah1:

Your choice. Facts are facts and I just stated one out of many
abeg make I hear word
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by IamGoke(m): 9:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
derecho:
thanks
Now explain
Galatians 3:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now, can u see that ur Buybull is contradictory??

Grow up bro...

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2017
enemyofprogress:
abeg make I hear word

Who dey stop you from hearing words. You sure can't deal with facts especially when it doesn't suit your narrative
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Portgas(m): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2017
NaijaMutant:

A Muslim woman on hijab is allowed to mount the pulpit and handle the microphone to address congregants while a Yoruba Muslim cannot be allowed to lead prayers in any mosque dominated by the Hausa's because they are inferior Muslims and considered to be an abomination to Allah.

Why are you so pained by Islam.... must you always extend hatred to Muslims... you know nothing about Islam yet here you are uttering rubbish, please mind you religion while we mind ours ....

by the way.... Shia's are not Muslims . let that sink in .

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by blingxx(m): 11:31pm On Dec 26, 2017
bedspread:
IF THEY DONT REPENT AND CONFESS JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AN SAVIOR ALL THESE ARE GYMNASTICS

Repent from what?... Jesus wasn't even born on 25th of December u know
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by bedspread: 11:47pm On Dec 26, 2017
blingxx:

Repent from what?... Jesus wasn't even born on 25th of December u know
REPENT FROM UNBELIF IN THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by tecnolad(m): 12:10am On Dec 27, 2017
adedehinbo:
Broda that's a big lie,u can't be single out of the persons entering the mosque without any negative signs which Muslims forbids,its either u wanted to enter the mosque with ur sandals on

What will be my gain for telling a lie? I wasn't even close to the mosque's entrance before the guy signaled me to go back, and my friend pointed me to where to sit.

Mind you, I dress simple and I don't wear questionable hairstyles.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by blingxx(m): 2:36am On Dec 27, 2017
bedspread:
REPENT FROM UNBELIF IN THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by kuramial(m): 4:59am On Dec 27, 2017
NaijaMutant:

I guess you are a village boy, you have never been to anywhere in Nigeria
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by kuramial(m): 5:08am On Dec 27, 2017
NaijaMutant:

Wake me up the day a moslem woman handles the mic to address congregants.

Musabaqa
Walima
prayer

and do u know why women are not allowed to roam every where?

because they are mothers once they are allowed to struggle as u did they can't bear it (compare them and men impossible). and if they are destroyed is as if the whole generation is destroyed.

let me know if your mother is a slay qween
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Tugsramm(m): 8:09am On Dec 27, 2017
Faithscharms2:

Oga it's not the same thing please..A Muslim can touch the bible some even burn it and Christians don't fight about it but the 10yr old was beaten to a pulp just for touching a quran..for goodness sake what does a 10yr old know?and as for your football experience if the tables where turned and it was a Christian whose football entered into a mosque then that boys name go turn sorry and it will not even end there cos they will turn it to crisis..you know I'm right.
d story am telin u about is lyk 10yrs ago asof dis year d man was arrested for beating another smal boy cos dat 1 stepped on his site.even dat boy is a christian
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Tugsramm(m): 8:10am On Dec 27, 2017
laliga01:

nigga keep quite, you do not know what you are saying. Were you not in this country when Somebody was killed for urinating outside the mosque? Is that how a religion should be peaceful to trespasser?
The church can never try that, killing an individual just because he urinate outside the church.
Can such people allow a Christan to enter their mosque?
maybe u live in north
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Tugsramm(m): 8:11am On Dec 27, 2017
Majesty08:

So many churches in kano city when you can hardly fine one mosque in Enugu.........hypocrite set of human beings
ur assumption
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by kingsmaila(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2017
May God forgive ur sin for deceiving people.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Tugsramm(m): 8:20am On Dec 27, 2017
bornolowu:
keep quayet bros... my papa was admitted @ LUTH, for 3 days I did not bath becos I was refused even toileting @ the mosque begs one guy who told me it's for only moslems , try find out when next you go to LUTH ... it was the 4 day dat I located a general place where patient relatives bath! God help us all
dis just a cheap point every body can't be d same. Bt my area is different
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Axis313(m): 8:22am On Dec 27, 2017
Why should I celebrate Christianity which is pagans' festival, it's like celebrating the festivals with of Shango or Ifa adherents.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by laliga01: 8:25am On Dec 27, 2017
[quote author=Tugsramm post=63642754]maybe u live in north[/quote

Religion and believe has nothing to do with location. Some use religion as a weapon or excuse to hurt people sighting backings from their religious guide.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Analee(f): 11:57am On Dec 27, 2017
NaijaMutant:

Wake me up the day a moslem woman handles the mic to address congregants.

js go to OPM n confirm,den plenty der.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Organs(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
mamaafrik:
dont talk about what you dont know uncle,i once entered a mosque to help call the son of an alhaji in abeokuta because the sale clerk is a female and culdnt enter when males are praying,one crazy one started asking me if i am a muslim,i said "no,i came to help alhaji's sale clerk call mubarak cos he's in the car and already leaving for home,any problem?",he said,"no" .................. he called and spoke with the sale clerk and she said he said"culdnt you have found any other means than allow a christain to enter here??",i asked how did he know i'm a non-muslim ,she said"i guess he saw your R.C.C.G Handband",now tell me something,is that how your religion lay it down,or he was just an excited pious machine

Mamaafrik: I sincerely apologise for your experience. We have fanatics and those that are ignorant of the faith. The prophet had meetings with Christians and jews in the Mosque. Most Mosques in the west, students from schools visit to learn about islam and see how a mosque look like. Its just bigotry, lack of knowledge and stupidity that is the case in Nigeria as well as intolerance on both sides. Anyways, pls understand that what some muslims do is different from what the faith and religion teaches. The lady can also enter the mosque, she might be advised to dress properly by covering the parts that are private to a female and that includes her hair and most parts that are private in both faiths (Islam and Christianity).
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by WINDSOW(m): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2017
bedspread:
IF THEY DONT REPENT AND CONFESS JESUS CHRIST AS LORD AN SAVIOR ALL THESE ARE GYMNASTICS
I swear u be Warri! "Gymnastic kwa" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by PrinceGallant: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2017
Masterclass32:
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

You really catched it. You got it 100%
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by derecho(m): 11:57am On Dec 29, 2017
IamGoke:

Now, can u see that ur Buybull is contradictory??

Grow up bro...
Hahaha...Bible not Buybull.I just wanted you to know that The Bible is not a newspaper.It isnt contradictory,i needed to show you that YOU need to understand a matter before cherrypicking scriptures or talking about it.Tnx
BIBLE NO BE "IS AND WAS".
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by budosky(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2017
Christianity and Shiism is the same.. no difference. They both worship human being and the dead ones
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by blackpanthers: 2:09pm On Dec 30, 2017
kuramial:

I guess you are a village boy, you have never been to anywhere in Nigeria

Don't mind the guy, they are busy spreading hatred and projecting their sense of insecurities upon others.

We just observed our jumuat prayer at Nasfat mosque Minna (a supposed Yoruba mosque), about 50% of the congregations are Northerners (Nupe, gwagi, Fulani, Hausa etc). Islam is a unifying force among Muslim.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by anigbajumo(m): 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2017
Nowenuse:

Niger state is not Hausa fulani land. Its middlebelt.

You as a yoruba muslim, go and try to lead prayers in Katsina state and see if you will come back alive.

Christians in Jos & Kaduna crisis always see when Hausas kill yoruba muslims as fake muslims and you are here saying trash.

We did I see all these junk assumption, am a transporter nd av been to many states in Nigeria, I can't count the number of tines av lead prayer @kankia katsina state...
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by TheAIC: 2:44pm On Jan 15, 2018
derecho:
thanks
Now explain
Galatians 3:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

I'm sorry, I'm not a bible scholar.
Re: Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos by Faithy04: 2:44am On Aug 07, 2023
Lol! Reminds me of...

Eccl 10:7 I have seen servants upon horses, and princes walking as servants upon the earth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Don't Be A Fine Girl Without Jesus, Pray, Work,slay / Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / I Wonder If There Is A God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.