Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,868 members, 7,810,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

"Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says (18774 Views)

Winifred Akpani: Only Less Than 30% Of Fuel Depots Are Operating / Independent Petroleum Marketers Association Of Nigeria Elect New Executive Team / Osinbajo & Kachikwu Visit Apapa Depots, Reassure Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Uyiii: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
2cato:
Who do you think is to blame for the evil and wicked fuel scarcity
Like for the marketers
Share for apc led govt by bubu
report for your daddy
modify for your mummyundecided

1 Like

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by omowolewa: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
This is super story

1 Like

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
E
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by lexy2014: 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Mayydayy(m): 6:55pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ok
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by chidiebere2020(m): 6:57pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ok
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by castrokins(m): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Trust Nigerian Government And It Leaders At Your Own Peril.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Flashh: 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2017
Whose fault? Yeye people.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2017
JON01:

Guy the Heineken still remain Make I just dey here cool my throat dey read comments
I'm at your service cool

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by IbnIbrahim: 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Really
Liars

1 Like

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by MARGIELA(m): 7:12pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lol your country is f#cked up

"the giant of Africa"

grin
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Antichristus: 7:13pm On Dec 26, 2017
What a SHAME. This is one of the largest crude oil producing countries where oil scarcity is commonplace rather than an exception. I've lived in Europe (UK, to be specific) for nearly 20 years, and fuel shortage is a rarity. I struggle to count how many times I've stocked without being able to refill my tank and couldn't recollect one such occurrence. Yes prices has been going up but the stations didn't run out of fuel. Nigeria is irredeemably doomed.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by smileyoo: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
nawaooo, for this apc govt, sometimes one is tempted to believe their lies, until they 'll be exposed, leaving you confused & feeling like a fool, for even initially attempting to believe them. that's why i hate these apc deceptions with perfect hatred. just yesterday they were busy trumpeting to the nation, that there is abudant pms. meanwhile the depots 're still empty. i wish apc were to be ruling only those that voted for them, but regretably we 're all in this poo together.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by just2endowed: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2017
ivandragon:
the marketers had warned of scarcity since August, but pmb & his cabal of liars chose to ignore their warning & continued to lie to Nigerians that all is well...

now that pmb's refusal to plan ahead has been exposed, the incompetent one is using his minions to blame the marketers...

clowns in power...

He is the minister of oil
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by drezzyx(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2017
Stories for the gods...
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by drezzyx(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2017
stories for the gods
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by kalu61(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ekuru:
Who's deceiving who

We're Hiring Writers Apply at spreadmediajobs @gmail.com
on what subject?
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by ivandragon: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
just2endowed:

He is the minister of oil

only when its time to sign multi billion dollar contracts... lol...

meanwhile, the 'big' media houses are messing up...

out of that $25b 'deal', one company that is heavily connected to someone deep inside the presidency & close to 'the forgetful one' got about $13b....

I guess investigations are still ongoing... watch out for the exposé soon...

1 Like

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by dikason017(m): 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
We only hear of fuel scarcity during christmas period, have u heard of it during sallah,, all d oil wells are owned by Muslims,, they always like to find a means of making christmas hard for christians, but Oluwa pass them,, we still balling!!!
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by featheredwinter(f): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2017
Story for ghosts..
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by BabaCommander: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2017
Ekuru:
Who's deceiving who

We're Hiring Writers
Apply at spreadmediajobs @gmail.com

You
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by lobell1: 8:01pm On Dec 26, 2017
It's still coming!

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by egopersonified(f): 8:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
make I go buy N300 now before I hear say e don enter N500
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Martin0(m): 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
egopersonified:
make I go buy N300 now before I hear say e don enter N500

Er 300 kegringrin

Na wa ooo where dem dey sell like thatgrin
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by positivetaught: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2017
What I can deduced from the fuel saga is that due to high dollar rate n scarcity couple with government opaque subsidy removal the importation of fuel has been left solely for the government via the Nnpc who are secretly paying subsidies on the imported fuel in a fake bid to keep prices stable n use that as a political achievement, certainly the burden was going to unbearable in the long run hence the scarcity we are witnessing now,APC is never truthful about the fuel situation in the country just using all sort of gimmicks to deceive Nigerians, at the present dollar/naira rate it's impossible to import fuel n sell at #145/l to make profit, nobody is asking questions on how the extra revenue above the budget benchmark for fuel is been used,APC accused PDP if using govt funds for campaign,in a bid to appear superficially clean of govt funds in 2019 the APC is devising various deceptive ways of siphoning n a cumulating illicit funds while presenting herself n Buhari as a saint as is seen in the ongoing documentary on various media,if we Nigerians can not see through the emptiness of Buhari/APC n make amends at the right time then we should only blame ourselves.
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by sokusplus: 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
Its well wit ur soul.......we already knw d truth
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by piagetskinner(m): 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2017
and lie Mohammed said its because government want to reduce accidents on the highways this Yuletide that's y the product is unavailable...

the lies that government tell.. terrible
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by KingSango(m): 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/our-depots-are-empty-petroleum-marketers-association-says.html

Fuel is related to food and agricultural production, the increase of agricultural products increases transportation and that means more fuel expenditure. It costs fuel suppliers more money to process fuel and deliver it which is used by agriculture vehicles like tractors, loading vehicles, and trucks to deliver food to cities as most food is grown in rural areas. Fuel suppliers don't eat this cost but transfer in to food marketers whom in turn transfer this to the consumers in the form of higher food prices. Price is always dictated by demands, so that the greater the demand the greater the costs of a product. This is simple economics and there are plenty of online information available about fuel and food being tied together.

Solutions:

1. Grow some food closer to cities by creating large greenhouses, relocate factories that convert Cassava into bread closer to the city to always keep a steady fresh supply.

2. Use more horse drawn wagons to decrease the amount of fuel used by loading trucks and tractors. Also use horses in delivering loads that are routed to close by locations.

3. Aim for reducing prices upon all products and services not just one. Create discounts programs for food and other products and services thereby increasing more shopping and grow more profits for businesses in increments.

These are some solutions, APC doesn't need to wage a war of politics with fuel suppliers but instead find ways around the equation of price and demand. APC must do what other parties have not done before, they must become innovative and set a new pace for Nigeria. APC has the potential to stay in office for another 4 years and elect more party members if APC remembers it has an obligation to their constituents to provide change and not excuses.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Share

Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by oluwasegun007(m): 8:54pm On Dec 26, 2017
This country don tire me....make I go pack my bag...
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
The fuel scarcity was caused by winter .
Re: "Our Depots Are Empty" - Petroleum Marketers Association Says by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2017
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Indian Experts Visit Fashola, Demonstrate E-voting Machines / Kemi Adeosun Denies Making "Recession Comments" But Check This Video / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.