Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life (2578 Views)

How Do I Grow My Spiritual Life? / Apostle Suleman: My Spiritual Son Landed In France 'Supernaturally' / "My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2017
Hello Brethren, I feel like a loser and a big sinner. I have been masturbating for 12years plus. Recently, I took my spiritual life seriously and I became born again and I Baptized by water and Holy spirit. I stopped masturbating for some time, not until I dreamed bleeping someone in my dream and I ejaculated physically. That's how the habit continues. I can't even pray. feel guilty and lost.

1 Like

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by nkwuocha: 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
You must continue to pray even if you masturbate.The devil do not want you to succeed, but whenever you fall to masturbation, pray more. It will soon phase off,although may take time.

3 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by marooh: 10:44pm On Dec 26, 2017
Is dat all?
U don't have Pp
Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by nkwuocha: 10:46pm On Dec 26, 2017
Don't allow the guilty of repeated masturbation stop you from praying more. Remember we all sinners.Remember self condemnation as a result of too much guilt is Bad. Keep praying, God is not sleeping. The devil is playing pranks with you, don't allow him to win by showing guilt instead of praying more.

4 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by pressplay411(m): 10:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Op does that mean if your pastor should lie today he should also stop praying or should he renege on his ministry cos he sinned too?
God knows we're humans, we're flesh. And he doesn't expect you to become perfect overnight. It's a process. We're all just a process in progress.
Stay on the path. God's your strength and Jesus loves you unconditionally, always remember that.

3 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Splinz(m): 11:43pm On Dec 26, 2017
Samostical:
...That's how the habit continues.
The habit continues because when sin does stand at the door of your heart, about to happen, you lust after it instead of resisting it that it may flee (James 4:7). And this lust being so entertained by opening the door of your heart to it, soon manifest itself and of course, its wages (Matthew 15:19, Romans 6:23, James 1:15).

You see, successfully resisting the devil comes from submitting yourself wholly to God, and submitting to God in turn stems from obeying His commandments.

Here's something to help you. Always pray and meditate on psalm 119 in its entirety. Additionally, when next sin comes knocking, quickly replace the thought with its opposite.

Be strong!

4 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2017
Samostical:
Hello Brethren, I feel like a loser and a big sinner. I have been masturbating for 12years plus. Recently, I took my spiritual life seriously and I became born again and I Baptized by water and Holy spirit. I stopped masturbating for some time, not until I dreamed bleeping someone in my dream and I ejaculated physically. That's how the habit continues. I can't even pray. feel guilty and lost.
Don't worry, don't give up.fight the fight of faith.
Though you fall 7 times you would rise again that is why we have a drink called 7up. Just push harder in your prayer life, try to stay away from sin and watch the devil get tired of you

1 Like

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 3:04am On Dec 27, 2017
Samostical:

I smiled after seeing this post....
it's true that prayer works ,but then prayer with knowledge is better .....

now let me ask you since you are a Christian, what was Jesus mission on earth?

if we believe in Christ would we despair to run to him when we sin ...

I know how you feel , I can testify to the intense guilt after masturbation .... its only proves the fact that God's law is in our hearts ....

masturbation held me for years it distorted my views of God ...I wouldn't pray to him until after days when the guilt had subsided a bit ... I didn't know that pride is - when I sin and fail to come to God am sinning more

that shows that Judas Iscariot never understood the gospel

..... I thought I understood the gospel ...

but it was evident that I didn't I was thinking that if I don't masturbate,, heaven would be much more easier there was a time that I even prayed in my mind that God should swap my masturbation with lying .... since my conscience wouldn't destroy me much for lying as it would for masturbating..

but then, now come to think of it , in all those things what did Christ profit me,, at least the forsaken Jews also know how to repent ,,, Muslims know how to repent ... then what is the benefit of Christ!!!??

it was later I knew that if I don't masturbate , I don't lie, steal that still doesn't qualify me for heaven

Paul was blameless in Judaism , he thought he was ready for heaven .... he said it that concerning the law HE WAS BLAMELESS ,,,,, but I on the contrary concerning the law I'm to be blamed ...,,,, then it obvious that a law-righteous Paul would be condemned with a lawbreaking me ...

then its evident that the law doesn't make one right or forgiven with God ....

please read your Bible more .... may God help you live holy

from experience your problem isn't masturbation you can be condemned even if you never masturbated all your life .... your problem is inadequate knowledge of Christ redemption deliverance , and God's plan for salvation...

I hope and wish you really understand...

2 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by felixomor: 7:00am On Dec 27, 2017
Samostical:

You must continue praying.
Soon you will break through.
Also, make sure you dont feed your mind with continuous pollution.
Even if it means abstaining from TV completely for a while.

The Lord is your strength.
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2017
Ferisidowu:

I smiled after seeing this post....
it's true that prayer works ,but then prayer with knowledge is better .....

now let me ask you since you are a Christian, what was Jesus mission on earth?

if we believe in Christ would we despair to run to him when we sin ...

I know how you feel , I can testify to the intense guilt after masturbation .... its only proves the fact that God's law is in our hearts ....

masturbation held me for years it distorted my views of God ...I wouldn't pray to him until after days when the guilt had subsided a bit ... I didn't know that pride is - when I sin and fail to come to God am sinning more

that shows that Judas Iscariot never understood the gospel

..... I thought I understood the gospel ...

but it was evident that I didn't I was thinking that if I don't masturbate,, heaven would be much more easier there was a time that I even prayed in my mind that God should swap my masturbation with lying .... since my conscience wouldn't destroy me much for lying as it would for masturbating..

but then, now come to think of it , in all those things what did Christ profit me,, at least the forsaken Jews also know how to repent ,,, Muslims know how to repent ... then what is the benefit of Christ!!!??

it was later I knew that if I don't masturbate , I don't lie, steal that still doesn't qualify me for heaven

Paul was blameless in Judaism , he thought he was ready for heaven .... he said it that concerning the law HE WAS BLAMELESS ,,,,, but I on the contrary concerning the law I'm to be blamed ...,,,, then it obvious that a law-righteous Paul would be condemned with a lawbreaking me ...

then its evident that the law doesn't make one right or forgiven with God ....

please read your Bible more .... may God help you live holy

from experience your problem isn't masturbation you can be condemned even if you never masturbated all your life .... your problem is inadequate knowledge of Christ redemption deliverance , and God's plan for salvation...

I hope and wish you really understand...
incredible indeed. I appreciate
Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 27, 2017
felixomor:

You must continue praying. Soon you will break through. Also, make sure you dont feed your mind with continuous pollution. Even if it means abstaining from TV completely for a while.
The Lord is your strength. Amen
thanks brotherly

1 Like

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 27, 2017
Samostical:
incredible indeed. I appreciate
thanks to God for that ......

I no longer shy away from God because of my sins ... instead I run to him the More ....
why would God send Jesus for us .... Jesus even calls himself the friend of sinners
he said those that are healthy don't need physician .. and since I am chief of the most unhealthy would I run away from him??

seeing that I am sick With the cancer of masturbation would I run away from the doctor of righteousness ...
. why should I be shy of seeing a doctor

would a doctor be shy of receiving Me .....

may God help you really understand the incomparable friendship of Jesus to the chiefest of sinners

lest I forget the chief of sinners isn't the unrighteous ..... the chief of sinners is the self righteous ... those that don't need Jesus .......

that believe God will welcome them because they obey the law

I hope you understand

if I can be healed outside coming to Jesus ... then I don't need him I.e he is useless to me

if I can get to heaven by being self righteous .... Christ died in vain ....

3 Likes

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by judedwriter(m): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2017
Samostical:
There are demons behind habitual masturbation. Each time you masturbate, it affects you spiritually: it stangnates you and relagates you backward. Many people simply can't progress in life because of incessant masturbation, it causes you to lose special blessings.

The reason many people find it hard to stop because of the demons that bind them to this act. You need deliverance from the sexual demons that are feeding on your destiny through this habit.
Solution? Go for deliverance in MFM OR spend quality time praying in tongues. You will find it essier to stop masturbation when the demons behind it are gone.
Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 27, 2017
judedwriter:

There are demons behind habitual masturbation. Each time you masturbate, it affects you spiritually: it stangnates you and relagates you backward. Many people simply can't progress in life because of incessant masturbation, it causes you to lose special blessings.

The reason many people find it hard to stop because of the demons that bind them masthis act. You need deliverance from the sexual demons that are feeding on your destiny through this habit.
Solution? Go for deliverance in MFM OR spend quality time praying in tongues. You will find it essier to stop masturbation when the demons behind it are gone.

lolz is it only behind habitual masturbation that there are demons ... definitely not
is it only masturbation that affects you spiritually ?-- no
is it masturbation that relegates and make you stagnant ,? No if not all masturbators are meant to be stagnant, even the pastors suffer from it ... I know rich masturbators who are prosperous in all life ramifications...
does just masturbation makes you lose special blessings? no else all beggers unemployed are masturbators ...

the only thing that does all those things you attributed to masturbation is Satan and his cohorts

no deliverance in a church ... only in Jesus ...
you don't stop masturbation by just praying .. I'm very sure of that ... since there's no faith without knowledge ...

not only masturbators are affected by demons even liers, those that lusts, especially those that don't know the gospel at least the true gospel
those are the ones that are chiefly under demonic attacks ...

how Can a masturbator whom you claim is under spiritual attack pray In tongues
were the Corinthians not tongues speakers ? did that make them perfect?

if praying on tongues makes you perfect ... then Paul did wrong by rebuking the Corinthians for their sins ....

the solution is - right believe in the gospel, knowing that Christ truly sets free ...

not praying in tongues and going to MFM ....

AS IF THEY DON'T HAVE COUNTLESS MASTURBATING MEMBERS

GOD BLESS

1 Like

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2017
Guys,
I really like what you all are doing here...those that are encouraging the brother.
In doing so, you guys are encouraging so many more....believe that.
That warms my heart greatly.
Lets me remember that God still has some 7,000 remaining.

@Samostical....
Thanks for being transparent....something that we, humans oftentimes are in denial about.
You need to fight this battle...spiritual warfare..
Don't let him win.
Try and really take most of these guys' advices.
Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by Ieltstrainer: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2017
Apart from the advice given to you here i will advise you to get married if you are ready for it as this will really help you.

1 Like

Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by flamingREED(m): 4:01pm On Dec 27, 2017
I can well relate to the temptation to masturbate.

You forget every about God, judgement and heaven.

But you're missing a point.
You are yet to see the vanity in it and to appreciate the imminent blessedness that awaits you if you repent and live rightfully.

So, GOD must really mean big to you if you must escape this.

Thank GOD you're still alive, and if you repent, remember:
TO WHOM MUCH IS FORGIVEN, LOVES MUCH (Luke 7:47).
Re: Masturbation Ruining My Spiritual Life by pressplay411(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2018
Splinz:

The habit continues because when sin does stand at the door of your heart, about to happen, you lust after it instead of resisting it that it may flee (James 4:7). And this lust being so entertained by opening the door of your heart to it, soon manifest itself and of course, its wages (Matthew 15:19, Romans 6:23, James 1:15).

You see, successfully resisting the devil comes from submitting yourself wholly to God, and submitting to God in turn stems from obeying His commandments.

Here's something to help you. Always pray and meditate on psalm 119 in its entirety. Additionally, when next sin comes knocking, quickly replace the thought with its opposite.

Be strong!

True. Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Some One Gave One Billion From Ark Project, Bishop Oyedepo / Jehovah Witness Is A Cult! / Periscope On The Falsehood @ House On The Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.