Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? (6932 Views)

Imagine You Own This Ride And Your Pastor Asked You To Sow A Seed With It / ‘better To Give To The Poor Than To Your Pastor’ – Pastor Ogidigbo [WATCH VIDEO] / Church Billboards Must Now Carry Pictures Of Pastor & Pastor Mrs?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by Tudor6(f): 9:04am On Apr 08, 2010
nuclearboy:

@ Tudor:

Jesoul is not a tyrant. Responsibility brings one to choices that may break the heart to make but must be made. None of us is perfect and I notice that once most anyone becomes a MOD, tyranny becomes a regular complaint. They're human.
Yes She is. There are MOD's who do their jobs with wisdom and tact. Wisdom is obviously lacking as far as she's concerned.

I'm pretty sure this was how Idi Amins friends were convinced their pal was cool.
She has already demonstrated its only her pals who are allowed multiple ID's while every other would be harrased and those who dare speak against this are terrorized. . . Any similarities with Amin, Abacha and Hitler?

Meanwhile, God defines Himself as "I am that I am". Then He provided guidance. Then He made life to work in a manner that reality leads us to truth. Then He sends people who ought be Shepherds. But when the flock decides they want to eat in Lion territory and the supposed shepherd considers himself a paid (men, these guy get PAID) hand rather than "trustee" of the sheep's welfare, what obtains today becomes the case.  angry

You are right that not all of us are intelligent. But that is by choice rather than design. A banker, engineer, any university or for that matter, high school graduate went to school for 2 things as far as I'm concerned :English and Maths OR RATHER communication and Logical reasoning. If the person refuses to apply these, its his choice, not God's fault.
You're deliberatly choosing to ignore this rigid fact that intelligence and learning faculties varies across board. This is not by choice but a biological variation. Wisdom is scarce as so effectively demonstrated by your tactless MOD friend.

It's not about an engineer, banker or student failing to apply principles rather its about them Understanding the principles in the first place. A kid taught all his life by a drunk teacher that mathematics involves cock-fighting would not be blamed if he whips out a diick to solve calculus would he?

I repeat, we're not born with knowledge of the principles of God and how to deduce this and that from the bible, we are TAUGHT. You take a college prof and a village farmer and ask them to read the bible. In all likely hood the village farmer would have no idea what he just read and as such he needs a guide. Then woe betide him that his guide happens to be a charlatan because according to you he is doomed and will be blamed for what isnt entirely his fault. 
Imagine the dog that decides to hang out in a lion's den - does it exist? I think not as dogs are sharper than that. OR a rat going into a Cobra's den? No way!
This is assuming the dog knows what a lion's den is or the rat knows about cobra's den.
So why is it then humans that drop their right and capability to think and we blame God for it.
we all have the capability to think but not everyone knows HOW to to think rationally

Fhemmy has said it all: life and death, the choice is ours to make individually and finding understanding is our task!
find understanding from where?
How'd you expect a man who has understanding in the first place hence seeking it', understand that the understanding he's got from a pastor is flawed?
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2010
First off, I apologize that this is off-topic.

I am really and sincerely sorry about the whole ID stuff, it was a combo of complex faults. For the sake of noetic's posts on the locked nopuqeater/olabowale thread, I explain below.

As I alreadY explained earlier on nairaland, I am not using the 2 accounts. I forgot to log out of my email on a public terminal, and I guess someone changed my password. Password recovery didnt work, I tried.

Tried to recover it to no avail, so on my birthday, February 22nd, 2010 I came to Nairaland to change my email on my profile so that I can get notifications since I cant access the old email. Unfortunately, Nairaland sent the activation link to that same old email that i cant access, and i was locked out until I can click the inaccessible link.

Looking back, i think the best solution would have been to email a moderator or something but impatiently, just like some people do when banned, I created a new user because I wanted to make some posts. I did, and decided to forget about the locked email and mavenbox ID.

Hours later, suprisingly Google sent me an SMS so i was able to reactivate my email and thus I could activate mavenbox again later that day. But I continued posting with this account.

Unfortunately, things got further complex because my mavenbox login was saved on my phone so one day I used my phone to reply a post on Buddhism and after two posts I was alarmed to see what I had mistakenly done. Then i logged out and cleared the login details.

And truthfully, JeSoul told me OFF nairaland that I was in the wrong. She told me to come clean and fix what I was getting deeper into. I simply told her that I did not want to raise the topic, I just did not think it was a good idea because I had gotten into enough trouble in the past. Besides, I was not using the two accounts so as far as I could see, nothing was amiss. She insisted but I ignored her advice. She said "all of this" would happen but I thought it didnt matter.

To everyone to whom it matters, most especially Tudor, DeepSight, and JeSoul and Nuclearboy, and Davidylan & Noetic and finally VIARO (Your name is not in lower-caps, never let anyone tell you any less), I am sorry. I hope you guys forgive me.

Cheers.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by nuclearboy(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2010
InesQor:

I am really and sincerely sorry about the whole ID stuff, it was a combo of complex faults. For the sake of noetic's posts on the locked nopuqeater/olabowale thread, I explain below.

As I alreadY explained earlier on nairaland, I am not using the 2 accounts. I forgot to log out of my email on a public terminal, and I guess someone changed my password. Password recovery didnt work, I tried.

Tried to recover it to no avail, so on my birthday, February 22nd, 2010 I came to Nairaland to change my email on my profile so that I can get notifications since I cant access the old email. Unfortunately, Nairaland sent the activation link to that same old email that i cant access, and i was locked out until I can click the inaccessible link.

Looking back, i think the best solution would have been to email a moderator or something but impatiently, just like some people do when banned, I created a new user because I wanted to make some posts. I did, and decided to forget about the locked email and mavenbox ID.

Hours later, suprisingly Google sent me an SMS so i was able to reactivate my email and thus I could activate mavenbox again later that day. But I continued posting with this account.

Unfortunately, things got further complex because my mavenbox login was saved on my phone so one day I used my phone to reply a post on Buddhism and after two posts I was alarmed to see what I had mistakenly done. Then i logged out and cleared the login details.

And truthfully, JeSoul told me OFF nairaland that I was in the wrong. She told me to come clean and fix what I was getting deeper into. I simply told her that I did not want to raise the topic, I just did not think it was a good idea because I had gotten into enough trouble in the past. Besides, I was not using the two accounts so as far as I could see, nothing was amiss. She insisted but I ignored her advice. She said "all of this" would happen but I thought it didnt matter.

To everyone to whom it matters, most especially Tudor, DeepSight, and JeSoul and Nuclearboy, and Davidylan & Noetic and finally VIARO (Your name is not in lower-caps, never let anyone tell you any less), I am sorry. I hope you guys forgive me.

Cheers.

@Tudor:

Well, there you have it. I think patience at all times is truly profitable. Us yoruba say "agba tio ni suru, oun gbogbo lo ni" (elders who are patient have all they need). I remember something that i read this morning about a pastor who insisted a 16 yr old keep an unwanted pregnancy but who when later his wife was raped and became pregnant, became an advocate for abortion. In shame, he went to a "quiet" quack who destroyed the wife's womb.

I wouldn't be suprised to hear that after that, he married another so he could have a child.

These things happen because we all are human and the greatest mistake we can make is to forget that. When the shoe falls on our own feet, we understand how it is to make these choices.

And BTW, I do agree with you that not all can think clearly or apply understanding. Still, there is the injunction to seek knowledge and wisdom at all costs - and continue to do so till fulfilled. Most throw away the chance for self development for love of lucre not realising that after getting those, what they seek for actually seeks them out.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by JeSoul(f): 1:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
^wow at the recent conversation.

Nuclearboy, you are wise beyond wise and I thank you.

InesQor, you didn't have to go into all that again. I know you've already tried to explain urself several times on NL. But I do thank you for trying to defend me.

Tudor, in hindsight, I could've sent you a private message before outright deleting your post. For that I apologize. In the future I will make every attempt to do so first. And I do implore you to please, try to be cordial and respectful in your conversations with those with whom you disagree with or do not like. That is all I ask not only of you but other NLders. Thanks.

Now please, return to the topic of this thread!
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by DeepSight(m): 3:56pm On Apr 08, 2010
InesQor:

Cheers.

Finally out with all the lies, huh?

Congrats on coming clean. . . though you will pardon me if i am compelled to take your long-winded excuses with a pinch of salt, given your highly imaginative stories in the past.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by nuclearboy(m): 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2010
^^^ It is A LIE! cheesy

DeepSight "Baba" is back grin Fornicating has come, holiness out the window! Stout is in town, Olive oil be damned! OOI forever, Carpenters we despise! tongue

Back with a couple hundred million and a few hundred more skirts (abi na shitiyans dem dey call am now) lifted up ehn?

Anyways, that aside your campaign of calumny against InesQor is unfair. How many times does he have to explain that he found it funny to allow the mistake that cast him to look a woman or how the tag "InesQor" came about? I hope its not disappointment he's not a woman (with the attendant hopes you had) thats making this a personal vendetta?
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2010
@JeSoul/Nuclearboy: thanks.

@Deep Sight: Welcome back to the NL MadHouse.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by DeepSight(m): 5:46pm On Apr 09, 2010
nuclearboy:

Anyways, that aside your campaign of calumny against InesQor is unfair. How many times does he have to explain that he found it funny to allow the mistake that cast him to look a woman or how the tag "InesQor" came about? I hope its not disappointment he's not a woman (with the attendant hopes you had) thats making this a personal vendetta?

What do you mean by this?

That repeated, consistent and determined lying is ok, but pointing them out is wrong?

What double standards, nuclear.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 6:03pm On Apr 09, 2010
I am yet to comprehend the fountainhead of your problems here, Deep Sight. Besides the complicated mess due to my error last year when I used a wrong gender on Nairaland and which even God has forgotten about, can you please show me how I have been lying to you?

You just love to run your mouth.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 6:17pm On Apr 09, 2010
@nuclearboy: Maybe its not disappointment at my gender, maybe its the 3:0 asswhopping I gave him at chess that has disfigured his morale since he thot twas a lady. Please tell him how excellent your alma mater University chess team members are, by standard since you've been there ahead of me. Sorry, thats offtopic cheesy
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by DeepSight(m): 6:38pm On Apr 09, 2010
Lol Inesqor. Why won't you let me live down those horrible games?

And I warn you that I am still practicing and am coming back for you! ! !
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by DeepSight(m): 6:54pm On Apr 09, 2010
As an aside the Maven-Female thing was not your only lie.

There have been many.

Here’s another set -

InesQor:

@Deep Sight: I registered on nairaland on my birthday, Feb 22nd. So why not ask mavenbox why he exited on the same day? And what movie characters are you on about?

InesQor:

@Tudor & Deep Sight: If thinking I am mavenbox makes you feel better, by all means please be my guest.

Only to admit above within this thread – that you are in fact Mavenbox.

Look, Its none of my business and its just petty – but such behaviour is quite irritating.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 09, 2010
InesQor needs to stop apologizing . . . we've all forgotten the issue and moved on.

Nice to see deepsight back.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 1:24am On Apr 10, 2010
Thanks Davidylan, I really appreciate that.

Deep Sight, points taken. Lol. I was teasing you and Tudor, i called it Nairaland Ferris Wheel if you recall. My quotes above are true, anyway. Mavenbox left cos I got locked out, and I guessed if I directly admitted to you and Tudor I may not hear the end of it. So I neither accepted nor denied.

BTW Thanks bro, and I look forward to some chess-flogging from you.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by Tudor6(f): 9:16pm On Apr 11, 2010
Deep Sight:

Finally out with all the lies, huh?

Congrats on coming clean. . . though you will pardon me if i am compelled to take your long-winded excuses with a pinch of salt, given your highly imaginative stories in the past.
My sentiments exactly. That pathological Liar is known for story-telling. If I believe all the crap up there may thunder strike me dead.

Is it any wonder the slowpoke is always apologising? If it isnt trumping up lying excuses to excuse accusing NL males of sexism or misleading people while being a pompous prat, its using multiple ID's and lying about it or apologising for plagiarism.

Its obvious that despicable soul has learnt nothing, apologising, apologising, apologising all the time YET return to do the same thing.
and FRANKLY I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYBODY'S APOLOGY.

I've got no problem with anyone being a serial liar, dont just be a hypocrite about it. You're a demon possessed liar yet u preach and quote scriptures on nairaland and claim to be spirit filled.

I HATE hypocrites. And its the hypocrisy of so-called christians that proved to me beyond doubt that the 'blood of Jesus' that supposedly washes away sins is as useless as my grandmothers G-string.
How does one explain an apparently 'born-again christain' like mavenbox who cannot free herself from the bondage of lying?

I'm a very practical person and deal with what I see. Most times when I'm approached with this jesus mumbo jumbo, i tell the preachers I want to see the effects of what they're trying to preach in their lives, anything other than that they can go phock themselves. . . Do you wanna know how many have gone on to phock themselves?

Hypocrites have no credibility. Mavenbox/Inesqor/whatever has lost ALL her credibility.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by InesQor(m): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2010
Ok.
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by Nobody: 9:57am On Apr 20, 2013
bump..
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by truthislight: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2013
nuclearboy: Fhemmy/Image123:

I am a christian and I know a pastor who used to be a bank branch manager in Ibadan. Suddenly he said He felt led to go to a "provincial area" where NEPA hadn't even got to and minister as a pastor there. Apparently they were very ritualistic etc. Guy left his official and personal cars, his bodija duplex and went into the bush with his family. THAT IS A FATHER in the context you speak of. Its 8 years and now he's doing fine. When I heard about him, I decided my resources would be available to him and till date, they are. His family lacks nothing because more people have come to know of his ways and i have seen him recieve a half million at a time. Funnily, I recently heard he got a vehicle from an admirer but sold it and gave the proceeds towards building a school laboratory for the people he lives with. The guy who gave him the car then bought another immediately which we together compelled him to keep. Would you by any chance imagine I am speaking of this type of pastor above?

Jesoul:

I get your point and it is very well made. However, the injunction remains that whist everything is lawful, not all is expedient. Such is how I understand Paul in his words above - and my first point is it was lawful to him but he realised it was not expedient and fled from the semblance of evil.

Secondly, do you really need 3 SUVs, a private jet, bi-annual family holidays in the bahamas, etc in the midst of the deprivation that is Nigeria's lot? You Jesoul, may have been away for too long - those of us here see the poverty in the populace and the anger in the youths. I was born in the North and they are angry: they have nothing to live for (as far as they are concerned and the proof of that is in how much they value life) plus we know that majority of our youth can perform only menial labor. They are so poor that they cannot afford to learn a trade like carpentry or masonry. I challenge anyone to show me where such exist as the standard today. These people can be helped to learn a trade or be schooled rather than being idle and thus providing a workshop for satan. You drive past and feel the malevolence.

I sincerely cannot understand how comfortable people can live in the midst of so much resentment which could so easily be helped by a fraction of what goes into cars for our "big-men". I left the north and swore never to go back because I was always scared.

Maybe I over-react when I post like this but try to look past the facade and ask; do we really need this level of luxury? To build schools too expensive for our congregation and then we do not even send our own children there but to foreign schools? shocked Look at the example I gave above of a pastor and compare to what obtains.

I fear for our future because the gutter is coming into the streets. Please read an article I saw way back http://aderinola./2007/06/30/is-lagos-the-most-dangerous-city-in-the-world/ with particular note to the first two responses to the article then give a moral justification for this rot in the house of God

Hehehehe.

Lol at that ^.

That was 2010 that they were using SUV, now they are using private jet. No, private jetssss grin
Re: Jesus -carpenter, Peter -fisherman, Paul -tentmaker! Your Pastor -> Pastor? by Sallyndamu: 7:34am On Jul 10, 2013
from 1Cotinthians 9,the reason why paul did not demand his rights wäs because of the fear of what is happening today.Most of the people I have conversed with concerning the reason why they do not go to churches gave me more or less respponse similar to that ''there are no true pastors nowadays,they are all after money,they preach it that Jesus''.i wonder why pastors dont just do as Paul did.he did not want people to think that the gospel is all about pastors consuming people`s monies which is what people believe today.Paul was more happier with people believing the gospel to a point that he would rather die than for people to not believe it because of him spending their money.from 1Cotinthians 9,the reason why paul did not demand his rights wäs because of the fear of what is happening today.Most of the people I have conversed with concerning the reason why they do not go to churches gave me more or less respponse similar to that ''there are no true pastors nowadays,they are all after money,they preach it that Jesus''.i wonder why pastors dont just do as Paul did.he did not want people to think that the gospel is all about pastors consuming people`s monies which is what people believe today.Paul was more happier with people believing the gospel to a point that he would rather die than for people to not believe it because of him spending their money.from 1Cotinthians 9,the reason why paul did not demand his rights wäs because of the fear of what is happening today.Most of the people I have conversed with concerning the reason why they do not go to churches gave me more or less respponse similar to that ''there are no true pastors nowadays,they are all after money,they preach it that Jesus''.i wonder why pastors dont just do as Paul did.he did not want people to think that the gospel is all about pastors consuming people`s monies which is what people believe today.Paul was more happier with people believing the gospel to a point that he would rather die than for people to not believe it because of him spending their money.Read 1Corinthians9 properly with relaxation and understanding

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Black Africans The Descendants Of Ham? / How Do You Chase Out A Monitoring Spirit From A Building?? / Never Trust Yourself. Trust In Christ - Olamide Obire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.