Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,739 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? (730 Views)

Meeting Your Ex-gf With Your Current Gf. / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents / Ladies, What Kind Of Attire Is Befitting When Meeting Your Mother In-law - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MrSavage: 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a girfriend i love so much and i wish to marry. But i recently took her home to meet my mom ever since then She has been feeling very uncomfortable she couldn't even wish my parents merry xmas i confronted her and she tells me she is not ready for the closeness with my mom. I want to know if her reaction is much of a big deal? or if i am the one overreacting? Or if i am been played ?

Help a brother
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by richythePH(f): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
The ans to all 3 questions you asked is yes, yes and yes smiley
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Thegeneralqueen(f): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
Did your mum treat her like a Queen when she arrived.......? let's start from there
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
She is a witch, the angels guiding your mom made her uncomfortable..
Run away from her.
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MrSavage: 5:37pm On Dec 27, 2017
richythePH:
The ans to all 3 questions you asked is yes, yes and yes smiley
yes to all my questions
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MrSavage: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
Thegeneralqueen:
Did your mum treat her like a Queen when she arrived.......? let's start from there
yes my mom actually checks on her but she doesn't reciprocate... i also call check on her mom as well.
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by richythePH(f): 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2017
MrSavage:
yes to all my questions
Yes smiley
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MrSavage: 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2017
richythePH:

Yes smiley
thats contradictive. Can you explain why u feel this way about my questions
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2017
She is my kind of person, we have mother in law phobia.

1 Like

Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2017
You sound like you Dont know your mother. Have you been telling ur mum abt her before she came or perhaps rate her high. Its normal for a girl to feel that way at first. It all depends on ur say and groundedness before ur mother.
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 27, 2017
angry

∆ Maybe she and your mama don jam for somewhere wey no funny before ∆
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2017
MrSavage:
yes my mom actually checks on her but she doesn't reciprocate... i also call check on her mom as well.
Who knows what the issue might be
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by ibkayee(f): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2017
There's a possibility of you getting married to her, your mum is going to be her harshest critic, it's normal
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MissWrite(f): 6:47pm On Dec 27, 2017
Most girls are like that. It doesn't necessarily mean that she's playing you. When they meet the MIL, they begin to feel pressure like they're constantly being watched and vetted. Especially if you haven't dated very long, or if you're a mama's boy. She may have a hard time being herself under that kind of perceived scrutiny. Also, some people just don't interact easily with older people (parent-type of people).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by coolh3ad(m): 7:14pm On Dec 27, 2017
MrSavage:
Hi guys,

I have a girfriend i love so much and i wish to marry. But i recently took her home to meet my mom ever since then She has been feeling very uncomfortable she couldn't even wish my parents merry xmas i confronted her and she tells me she is not ready for the closeness with my mom. I want to know if her reaction is much of a big deal? or if i am the one overreacting? Or if i am been played ?

Help a brother

She is not ready for that kind of "commitment"...
Re: Meeting Your Mom A Big Deal? by MrSavage: 9:29pm On Dec 27, 2017
coolh3ad:

She is not ready for that kind of "commitment"...
you can't be too sure

(1) (Reply)

Which One Is Ok? / Zimbabwean Man Wife Cheats With Cousin, Falls Pregnant (photos) / [video] I Sleep With Married Man With Many Mistresses For Money' – Moesha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.