Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,811 members, 7,817,355 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Crazy Things You Did As A Kid - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Crazy Things You Did As A Kid (17885 Views)

How Many Of You Did This? See Photo / How Many Of You Did This? / Funniest And Craziest Things You Did When You Were A Kid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by gmailer: 7:46am On Apr 16, 2010
I've not stopped laughing for days on this thread. grin cool
I had to log on and share a little of mine.

Story 1:
When we were kids (myself and 4 other siblings), we will pla-aa-y to stupor before mumsy got back from work
and every chore she told us to do before she gets back will be left undone.
So one day she told us to wash beans for moimoi before she came back (we were on hols).
We soaked the pleeenty beans (bad measuring skills then) in water and forgot it there from morning till night when mumsy showed, by this time
the beans had risen out of proportion and even spoilt. She refused we throw it away, she made us wash it that night
and made the moimoi, the moimoi tasted rottenly (bad beans), we managed to eat it that night.
Mumsy said that we must finish it before she got back from work the next day,
if not, there will be no other food for us.
she left for work the next morning, and kept the terrible moimoi as breakfast and lunch, nobody ate, we drank garri
Unfortunately for me and my younger brother, my elder ones had gone for lectures and had not returned when she got back from work, we kept nagging about how we were so hungry angry, forgetting the order she left about the abundant moimoi
she opened our plates and the pot and saw the awful-taste-moimoi in the large quantity that she left it  angry, she was so furious,
she said instead of her to throw-away food, she will throw-away us
my mother compiled all the moi-moi from our plates and the pot and served them in 2 large trays on the dining table, one for me and the other for my brother  sad,
got her cane, stood over our head
and said "Oya start eating and you must finish it". We were crying and eating at the same time  cry cry
come and see swallowing of moimoi like pills shocked shocked, we were so stuffed-up,
we finally found a way around it though  wink wink, when she looks away or moves away from the dining,
we will shove some under the sit or throw some through the window, till the moimoi finished
Till now i feel indifferent about moimoi  undecided, i have eaten enough moimoi to last the rest of my life time  smiley cheesy grin

Story 2:
My dad was always stressing about security, "lock the front door when u're at the back of the house, back door when u're in front and both doors when u're inside"
naturally we will play  smiley so hard through the day that we will end up sleeping so deep.
so one day after our intense play, our parents had gone for "Evening Service" in church, we were watching TV in the living room, doors and windows all locked and we slept off, this time We slept like dead people,
our parents got back and started knocking and calling our names from outside, we were just toooo asleep.
By this time, the knocking and calling had woken up the neighbours ,my father was embarassed  embarassed embarassed as they were coming out to ask one or two questions.
The anger made my father to nicely remove the louvers  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, helped himself through the window, got in to open the door for my mum, went inside changed his cloths  lipsrsealed
for the battle that is about to begin, got his belt for the flogging, all this process, we were still sleeping.
Next thing i heard in my dream was "whai whai whai yah, yah, ", the weeping started from my elders ones  , come see mass-beating, running from one point to the other  cry  cry cry cry, my papa no gree o
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by honeric01(m): 9:26am On Apr 16, 2010
samosward:

honeric why did u forget me? angry angry, the only Tito Santana in the house cheesy!!! I think the New Mascara (6th born) was worst with those Ring flying, punches, smack-down and those moves that would make you want to give up abi u don forget!? I hate that those days can never be revisited anymore but thank God also that we've left that level maybe by now I would have been dead from those crazy smack-down tongue

grin grin grin, do i know u?
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by honeric01(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2010
gmailer:

Story 2:
My dad was always stressing about security, "lock the front door when u're at the back of the house, back door when u're in front and both doors when u're inside"
naturally we will play  smiley so hard through the day that we will end up sleeping so deep.
so one day after our intense play, our parents had gone for "Evening Service" in church, we were watching TV in the living room, doors and windows all locked and we slept off, this time We slept like dead people,
our parents got back and started knocking and calling our names from outside, we were just toooo asleep.
By this time, the knocking and calling had woken up the neighbours ,my father was embarassed  embarassed embarassed as they were coming out to ask one or two questions.
The anger made my father to nicely remove the louvers  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed, helped himself through the window, got in to open the door for my mum, went inside changed his cloths  lipsrsealed
for the battle that is about to begin, got his belt for the flogging, all this process, we were still sleeping.
Next thing i heard in my dream was "whai whai whai yah, yah, ", the weeping started from my elders ones  , come see mass-beating, running from one point to the other  cry  cry cry cry, my papa no gree o

I feel you on this.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
na2day?:

back in abuja, we were just rounding up our JSS 3 and moving to SS1 and there was these group of girls that were rounding up JSS2 and moving to JSS3 that attended the same high school and after school program as my friends and I. my click and this beautiful damsel's click was eying each other sha; the girl,(name withheld bcuz her cousin dey NL lipsrsealed ) liked me but was doing shakara and me sef was forming bigger boy for her. one day we had this fight and naturally my friends supported me while her friends supported her and we were not on talking terms for a while. she had a party coming up and wanted me to be there and used her friend to tell me about it, i told the friend if she cant come and tell me herself i am not going, she never did but kept talking about it around where i was. on the day of the party i gathered some of my friends and we went down to her place (keep in mind, i use to think i was a very good ninja guy and a 1st class detective). once we got close, we saw ppl dancing outside and having fun, my friends and i hid behind some flowers and were watching them dance. i decided to do a something silly, i brought out my catapult and put a small pebble in it and took a shot at one of the guys dancing and i did hit my mark. the poor guy screamed and they were looking for who did it but never found us behind the flowers. once the dancing resumed i did it again on another person and this time folks were now getting angry but still didnt find us. once they resumed again i took aim at the big radio and struck it. it made a loud sound. they started search everywhere including the flowers, my friends and i started backing back and did not know when we ran into the girl's dog, boy ol' boy, we saw hell! to cut the long story short, we had a very angry dog chancing us down the streets we; check out the laughing folks were laughing, it wasnt funny ooo! at least to us. embarassed embarassed
Kai, this thread is full of once crazy people. did almsot the same thing too.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by invisible2(m): 1:09pm On Apr 16, 2010
my uncle travelled by air to the uk and that same day there was an air crash, somewhere i dont know. but knowing my momsy and how she was gonna wake the whole neighbors with enough cries, i quickly removed the cable from the telly to stop my mum getting the 9pm network news.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 16, 2010
invisible!:

my uncle travelled by air to the uk and that same day there was an air crash, somewhere i dont know. but knowing my momsy and how she was gonna wake the whole neighbors with enough cries, i quickly removed the cable from the telly to stop my mum getting the 9pm network news.
Hahaha, I can imagine
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by indie22(f): 2:04pm On Apr 16, 2010
when i was younger i used to watch my dad shave and wondered how the stick got rid of all the hair on his face, anyway, my curiousity got the better of me one evening and i took a stick from the pack, locked myself in the loo and shaved off my right eyebrow (didnt realize it coz i wasnt even looking at the mirror), after that i then took it to the back if my hair and took off some hair there too, when i realized what i'd done, i went to the backyard and threw all the hair away as well as the shaving stick and forgot all bout it,

next morning, got up for breakfast, went into the kitchen and my mum asked me to hand her a spoon or sumthin, as i walked past her, she grabbed me and asked "ehn, what happened to your hair"?, before i could answer, she yelled "who shaved off ur eyebrow"?, oh boy! fear no gree me talk, before i could say or explain, my mum screamed the house down, "yeee! they have gone and shaved my daughter's hair off n the middle of the night, everybody come and see"!!!, i didnt know if to talk, explain or keep quiet, i just started crying, my mum thinking that it was coz of the mysterious person that shaved my hair off that caused the tears, now became even louder,

next thing, she started speaking in yoruba, directing everything to my step mum and throwing accusations all over the place. see wahala that day, my dad trying to calm pple down, my mum rollng on the floor and creating a scene and my stepmum explaining to anyone who cared to listen that she knows nothing about the missing hair,

till this day i havent told my mum the truth, cant bring myself to, i still think about it and laugh tho. i told my sister about it a while ago and made her promise never to tell anyone, she just shook her head and called me an "evil child",
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by slimslim: 2:19pm On Apr 16, 2010
Back in those days, my younger sister can sell anything , from indommie to coconut candle, oranges, (any fruit in season). We, the elder ones will later borrow the money from her, we never return such debts.

Our parents must not know she sells. (Does her trading when mum and dad are at work), we used 'not reporting her" as ransome for not paying wink
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
indie22:

when i was younger i used to watch my dad shave and wondered how the stick got rid of all the hair on his face, anyway, my curiousity got the better of me one evening and i took a stick from the pack, locked myself in the loo and shaved off my right eyebrow (didnt realize it coz i wasnt even looking at the mirror), after that i then took it to the back if my hair and took off some hair there too, when i realized what i'd done, i went to the backyard and threw all the hair away as well as the shaving stick and forgot all bout it,

next morning, got up for breakfast, went into the kitchen and my mum asked me to hand her a spoon or sumthin, as i walked past her, she grabbed me and asked "ehn, what happened to your hair"?, b[b]efore i could answer, she yelled "who shaved off your eyebrow"?, oh boy! fear no gree me talk, before i could say or explain, my mum screamed the house down, "yeee! they have gone and shaved my daughter's hair off n the middle of the night, everybody come and see"!!!, i didnt know if to talk, explain or keep quiet, i just started crying, my mum thinking that it was coz of the mysterious person that shaved my hair off that caused the tears, now became even louder,

next thing, she started speaking in yoruba, directing everything to my step mum and throwing accusations all over the place. see wahala that day, my dad trying to calm pple down, my mum rollng on the floor and creating a scene and my stepmum explaining to anyone who cared to listen that she knows nothing about the missing hair, [/b]

till this day i havent told my mum the truth, cant bring myself to, i still think about it and laugh tho. i told my sister about it a while ago and made her promise never to tell anyone, she just shook her head and called me an "evil child",
Thank God I dont share my office with any one, they would have officially decleared me crazy. You are a really bad child oh, LOL, LMAO
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
slimslim:

Back in those days, my younger sister can sell anything , from indommie to coconut candle, oranges, (any fruit in season). We, the elder ones will later borrow the money from her, we never return such debts.

Our parents must not know she sells. (Does her trading when mum and dad are at work), we used 'not reporting her" as ransome for not paying wink

Your sister reminds me of me when i was younger, I was too responsible evn for my elder ones, I will sell Ice block and sobo just so they could have money to buy rubbish.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by samosward(m): 5:01pm On Apr 16, 2010
honeric01:

grin grin grin, do i know u?
What!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no comment
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by mukina2: 5:20pm On Apr 16, 2010
aisha2:

Your sister reminds me of me when i was younger, I was too responsible evn for my elder ones, I will sell Ice block and sobo just so they could have money to buy rubbish.
me i sold butterscotch ( it was made from sweetened condensed milk) for my grandma, sometimes i sell other times i 'buy' grin grin i go just chop the thing finish grin and i'll tell her for all the times i removed white hair for your head that's my payment grin
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by na2day2(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2010
aisha2:

Kai, this thread is full of once crazy people. did almsot the same thing too.

it wasnt my fault, i had crazy friends grin grin grin grin
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Gabsnow: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2010
One saturday mornin, my mum nd my immediate elder brother were to go to a vilage market to by bulk of food stuffs for the home. I was crying to follow them but my mum insisted I stay back. After they were gone, because I know their direction, I ran to catch up with them without informing anybody at home. So my mum though furious had no option but to manage me with them. She knew that I may not go back bome if she asks me to. When my dad got home that evenin, he was told I was nowhere to found then everybody started looking for me. My dad even went to d police station to report. When he came back to collect my picture to them, we had already reached home. Because my dad did'nt want to kill was why he did'nt beating but the whole family was scolding,
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Gabsnow: 9:54pm On Apr 16, 2010
One saturday mornin, my mum nd my immediate elder brother were to go to a vilage market to by bulk of food stuffs for the home. I was crying to follow them but my mum insisted I stay back. After they were gone, because I know their direction, I ran to catch up with them without informing anybody at home. So my mum though furious had no option but to manage me with them. She knew that I may not go back bome if she asks me to. When my dad got home that evenin, he was told I was nowhere to found then everybody started looking for me. My dad even went to d police station to report. When he came back to collect my picture to them, we had already reached home. Because my dad did'nt want to kill was why he did'nt beating but the whole family was scolding,
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Gabsnow: 9:55pm On Apr 16, 2010
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by honeric01(m): 10:41am On Apr 17, 2010
samosward:

What!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed no comment

cool coolgood cool cool cool tongue
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by DereI(f): 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
One day when i did something wrong and was punished, i was asked to go into my parents room to kneel down, hands up and close my eyes. In my parent's room, there is this large mirror hanged to the wall. So when i went in, i started crying as i knelt down and hands up. Few mins later, when i noticed no one was coming to continue the flogging or shouting, i kept quite and looked at myself in the mirror then i wondered how i looked when crying. The i began crying in front of the mirror just to see how i looked.Lol
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Bobybarny(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2010
Well all of una don speak well For true na onkly crazy pikin wey lack commion sence for do dat kind thing , More power 2 your elbow
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2010
As a little boy,I was known to be acrobatic and stuff hence I coined names like 'Spiderman' Jaguda e.t.c. Anyway our football fell into our neighbours compound and as was customary, I was called to fetch it. Started climbing our neighbours tree, lo and behold unknown to me there was a bee's nest on it. Somehow I managed to piss them ALL off and 'my-oh-my', the bee army decided to teach 'The Intruder a lesson. Mama Queen,Soldiers,Workers,whatever classes they had all - descended on me and stung the living daylight out of me. Managed to get down, by then all my friends had absconded and were nowhere to be found. Looking like a 'cyclops' with one eye open,I managed to get home and luckily one of my aunt was visiting and applied palm oil all over my body which greatly eased the pain. Ever since that day I lost my 'supposed climbing powers' and dared not try anything acrobatic again cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by maedan(f): 8:42pm On Apr 17, 2010
Tarmpa:

[b]Wao! na wao ehn, NL is more interesting than a novel!.Hmn,those good old days were really fun.I can still remember one sunday eve, when my elder sis & my parents were in d living room down stairs, while i was all alone in my room upstairs.& that was because i wanted to perform the experiment of "BLOWING MY TV OPEN SO THAT THE KIDS COULD COME OUT & PLAY WITH ME".all alone without disturbance.My mum ran upstairs shouting where is my baby?,she always refer to me as her baby since i was/am the last born of the family of two,ie my elder sis & i.So, on hearing her voice,i pretended to be fast asleep & as soon as she was gone,i jumpd down d bed to continue my experiment.Well,i was watching my favourite kidies movie on tv & really wanted the kids to come out & play with me. Honestly,it wasn't an easy task as d tv was stronger than i ever thought,but when i eventually blew it open,the ugliest sight was what i behold instead of d lovely kids i had wanted to play with.My parents ran upstairs on hearing d strange noice,What! My Dad exclaimed,He wanted to beat hell out of me for d very 1st time, since they aren't used to beating us at all.But when i cried out"No dad! I only wanted my kidies friends on tv to come out & play with me! I've been so lonely in this house without younger ones or a very little baby to play with! Pls buy me 3 or more siblings because i'm lonely!" Ah! My parents were shockd,mum came & held me close to her,while Dad just sat on d floor,then my sis burstd into serious laughter & we all joined her in d laughing galour. Then my Dad instructed d house keeper to change d tv d next day,& also buy us more toys to play with, After which they gave us another round of serious lectures.Secondly,i & my sis always go to d toy room to play & in there are different kind of toys,,veeery many & enouph to form a toy shop.Well, one night my sis came to room & insist on we, spending the night in our toy room & on our toy bed for a change.I agreed because it was always fun 2 play in there,we've often taken a nap of even siesta on our toy bed but havn't tried sleeping there at night,we went in there when our parent were fast asleep,playd with our toys until we fell asleep.Then, comes d most scaring night mare of my life where all our animal & baby toys started chasing me. I could still remember that i shouted with a loud voice,i woke up two days later on my hospital bed!, surrounded my my family.Ah! What i'm i doing here? I had fainted physically during dat night mare.Hmn,we went home d next day & my mum brought a pastor to our toy room,,, oo boy!,come see prayers! Every thing that's not of God in this room,out!out!out! In Jesus name!. Bobobobo,babalalatoto.Holy ghoooost fire.Lol. [/b]Another one i can still remember was when i was 5,i was waiting for my sis in her room,she was 12yrs then, very light in complexion & beautiful.She was having her bath while i sat on her chair & was makin face on her dressing mirror, from d mirror i could see her far behind me,she just came out of d bathroom,flingd her towel to d bed & started rubing cream on her body.Hey! Whats dat? I shouted,as from d mirror,i had noticed two beautiful round balls on her chest,i turned round to conferm,ah! What are those?i asked her,shut up! She shouted,muuummmyeeeeee,i ran out befor she could stop me, luckily for me,they weren't down stairs but in d sitting room up stairs,& as such,it was easy to meet them befor she could get hold of me.What's it? Shouted my Dad with his baaaaz voice,my sis saw them as soon as she trew d door open,& ran back to her room since she was unclothed. Hmn,,i saw two beautiful oranges on her chest.What! Dad had esclaimed while mum just opend her mouth wide without a word.Lol.Hehehe, those funny old days!.My sis still rememberd this too,we even joked about it d last time i came,befor i traveld back to d states.I think it's good to remember those good old days at times.I'm off to work abeg, ah! nl's too much.

OH MY DAYYYYYYZZZZZ!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You officially win the craziest and funniest everrr!!!!! I laughed out loud, folks in the house would think I was crazy!! Talk about Nightmares in the Nursery grin grin grin grin. That would make a great Nollywood movie grin.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by kenerep: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2010
Wow, this thread got me laughing that my neighbours(if they were not the bushes) would be thinking right now what is wrong with this guy! Being a naija boi ma self and the last born of the family with three elderly brothers you know the kind of mischief that happens where there are guys around! There are many many stories of my youth that if i were to be a typist i would type all day.
One that really still makes me laugh till today beside ma house (former) there is one Ghanaian woman that sells palmwine if you know Ogba well you would know where I am talking about and the woman has this two grand-children (boys) and the kids use to come and play in our house then because the elderly one is a little bit younger than me. The young one was always the loud mouthed like every young ones then so as they were playing ludo that particular day I don't know how they managed to do it, all i heard was branglalalar and the glass on the shelf ma parents just bought broke the elderly one had broken it with his leg and we were complaining about cos ma parents were not at home and we were getting ready for the worst and then the young though not playing but because he had asked to play and was turned down went to the grandma's shop to go and call the grandma that the the brother had broken the shelf in our house, on hearing the grandma came down and as she came in unknown to every one at home then that the guy had gone to call the grandma she just asked what happened and the story changed that it was not the elder brother that broke the glass that it was the younger one that did it, believe you me every one at home all said the same thing and it was not as if we had planned it or anything the story just came out and everything went well but omo see the look on the face of the poor boy he couldn't talk or say anything and the grandma grabbed him n started talking in Ghanaian language and for a whole week we did not see the boy in our house! grin grin grin grin

Ma parents came back and did not say anything since their grandma came and apologized for the damage and ma father really liked the younger one then he just told them to forget about it.

This thread I have learnt soo much about though I never received much caining while I was growing up mainly because I was quite reserved and and gentle, I have never really subscribed to corporal punishment but I believe some of those beating were what shaped the lives of some people and also ruined others, one question I would love to ask everyone who have posted on this article is "Did the cainings or beatings changed the way you are or did it only made you worse" To some the caining was part of growing up but to others it has turned them to something else and this thread is really a good one that question i want to know so that I can strive to be a good parent concerning the corporal issue,
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by maedan(f): 11:28pm On Apr 18, 2010
Lol @ kenerep, about your question on caning, I know my dad must have caned us once or twice, but he never really had the heart for it tongue. Maybe because, anytime he bought one, somehow it would get missing (someone would steal it and get rid of it wink) so he could never find one when he needed it!!

So what he did, was to find other ways to punish us, by taking what ever was important to us, ie, seizing the TV for weeks or even months on end. I remember when this new video club opened just next to our house; I'm talking about mega club, and my brothers will make us save from our weekly pocket money so that we could "donate" to the "video renting fund". I never knew how much we were watching, till one evening our dad burst in on us, we were watching an Arnorld Swatznegger movie, very violent, he came in and said, so this is what we are watching. He seized the TV and video player first of all. From the cassette he saw the name of the club. Do you know that the next day, he went next door to the club, and printed out our records since the club opened. He invited my three eldest brothers to his sitting room. We heard plenty slaps tongue but my father is a man of words, he is not physical, but can wound you with his mouth embarassed. You will just go into your room and think of your life tongue. In fact, he showed them the pages (almost twenty pages) and told them to calculate the hundreds of naira we had expended on rented videos since the club opened. The amount was HUGE shocked shocked shocked embarassed!!! grin grin grin. We didn't watch TV for weeks after that. When the old man was tired of punishing us we just carried the TV/VCR back into our sitting room grin grin grin.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by kenerep: 1:34am On Apr 19, 2010
To the issue of caning do you think it is outdated or lemme put it this way if you were not beaten would you have turned out the way you are? See the issue of caning is something I am trying to unravel!

@maedan, lol, There was this day my brother and I went out to a friends place because the guy had nintendo 64 and we are all game freaks in ma house back then though I still wonder why we do not play games outside apart from our friends place, on getting there we started playing. though ma mum knows the boy since he also comes to our house and back then that NEPA bring electricity only on weekends so she told my sister to come and call us to come and iron her clothes that she had but omo the game was just too good to leave imagine she came around 4pm and we left the place when NEPA took the light and we decided to go home and sensing what had happened we decided we were going to lie and we just conjured up something to tell her but omo when we got home we met my pops outside and he did not say anything and we greeted and he answered numbly thinking all was good and so ma momsy came out and the next thing ma momsy started dishing out slaps like this and that luckily for me I did not receive any of the slaps because my brother was standing right in front of me omo I was smiling in the dark because I could not believe my luck but it was in the dark and no one could see me omo when we got inside I could not tell my brother sorry I just went inside smilling.

Then there was the case of ma brother going out in the rain and my mum so furious he went out and said she was going to beat the hell out of him that day but unluckily for him there was this repairer in our house then and the guy pleaded with my mum not to beat him but she was persistent on beating him and then he gave the option of helping my mother beat him and my mother agreed but omo come see beating from this guy I stood there watching the guy and thinking that my mum would not even flog my brother this way! I was really annoyed with the guy and anytime the guy comes to our house I would just work out or spoil what he has just repaired in our house and I would tell the pops that he did not do it well!! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 6:23am On Apr 19, 2010
hmmm, crazy things i did? can't rememba most of them but i remember those dayz i use to have one lesson teacher like that who was such a pain in the a$$ grin grin grin
There was this particular day he came to our house to teach us maths and english, hahah grin Before he came i had already hidden little blocks of ice under his chair, those kinda chairs that had foam beneath them. , Damn he sat on it and his whole trouser was a mess grin grin grin
I was beaten black and blue that very day grin grin grin I no fit forget that day, cheii grin grin
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by maedan(f): 8:18am On Apr 19, 2010
@ kenerep, from the many replies here (including luizworld above), you can see that caning of naughty children was very rampant. Whether it did any good is another matter.

lol @ the repairer story. Imagine after pleading, that his own beating turned out to be even worse!! Outside people shaa grin. They should not be allowed to get involved in family issues. cheesy cheesy
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Jarus(m): 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2010
I carry 16 for class out of I think 19, go erase the 1 in front and changed it to 6. I ate big meat that day until they checked my result next day and detected I carry 16.  grin grin grin

Poor small boy. It was in primary 2 in 1989.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by davsquared: 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
u guys hav injured me wit laff oo. my colleagues cant seem to undastand y i've refused to let go of my fone or y i've laffing like a semi-crazed person.
@ Honeric, wow! ur story goes to show dat some mothers do have 'em!!

Plssss, u guys should kip it coming.
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by davsquared: 9:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
My mum is one veeeerryyy strict woman. She loved canning us with a passion(or so i thought). In my house den, every part of the house had a standby cane for ease of flogging wherever and weneva u commit! parlour oo,all d rooms and even in d kitchen!! Once u r to b flogged, its best u just stay one place and chop all d canning, cos any attempt to run , dat spells doom.

Den, one time like dat, we travelled to the village.I noticed the way my cousins and their mother used to carry on weneva she wants 2 flog dem. once she picks cane , dey take off and afta a little chase, she'll leave dem and 4get abt it and i really envied dem. den came d day wen i was due 4 anoda round of floggin, i decided to do like my cousins. Immediately she picked up d cane na im i zoom off. unknown to me at dat tender age, my mum used 2 b a gold medalist 4 100m races in her sch and even in the community. nxt tin i heard wen i was running was " lekwa nwa nzuzu a!"( see this stupid child oo) b4 i knew it, d woman pursued me and no do no do, she caught me. d woman na real sprinter ooo!! Chei, i prayed for the world 2 come to an end at dat very moment. mygud people, my mum flogged d devil out of me, into me and out again!! all thru dat day, once she thinks of d race, she'll start a fresh round of beating! she kept wondering wat gave me d impetus 2 do dat.

My body was literally on fire 4 days afta dat floggin!!
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
, grin grin. that was funny
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by mystiqueem(f): 1:26am On Apr 21, 2010
this forum brought back many memories for me,  i can't share them all but there's one in particular:

my grandmum (a fierce dragon lady though she's late now) warned all her grandkids never to chew gum,  but i love gum esp. the part where you create big bubbles and make lots of noise. anyway one unfortunate evening (one week to christmas!) i was chewing and blowing and making a lot of noise with my gum.

suddenly! my cousin dashed into the compound and screamed 'mama is here mama is here'. i panicked and buried my gum in my hair!

my grandmum went straight to the kitchen, i thought it was now safe to resume my gum chewing,  lo and behold the gum was stuck to my hair!

my sisters and cousins started laughing at me cos the gum was pulling out my hair and it was very painful. the annoying part of it is that she pass us on her way to the kitchen and didn't even look at me!

my mum had to scrape my hair (bald) with blade and comb. That christmas (its also my birthday) i wasn't happy cos my sisters got to wear ribbons on their hair and i looked ridiculous,  in my bald head!
Re: Crazy Things You Did As A Kid by na2day2(m): 5:36am On Apr 21, 2010
mystiqueem:

this forum brought back many memories for me,  i can't share them all but there's one in particular:

my grandmum (a fierce dragon lady though she's late now) warned all her grandkids never to chew gum,  but i love gum esp. the part where you create big bubbles and make lots of noise. anyway one unfortunate evening (one week to christmas!) i was chewing and blowing and making a lot of noise with my gum.

suddenly! my cousin dashed into the compound and screamed 'mama is here mama is here'. i panicked and buried my gum in my hair!

my grandmum went straight to the kitchen, i thought it was now safe to resume my gum chewing,  lo and behold the gum was stuck to my hair!

my sisters and cousins started laughing at me cos the gum was pulling out my hair and it was very painful. the annoying part of it is that she pass us on her way to the kitchen and didn't even look at me!

my mum had to scrape my hair (bald) with blade and comb. That christmas (its also my birthday) i wasn't happy cos my sisters got to wear ribbons on their hair and i looked ridiculous,  in my bald head!

chai! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked has the hair grown back? grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman To Marry Twin Sister's Killer / What Makes A Child An Ajebo / The Name You Used To Store Your Mother's Phone Number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.